Beyond The Stage

By Siasheart

"How did you burn water?" Jin looks ready to fight when he sees the melted pot and a black sticky substance o... More

First Author's Note
Her World Begins
Traveling
The First Hour
Being Watched
Traveling with my Stalker
The Day Before
200 Readers!!!
I'm What Now?
Looking For Her
Quick Escape
Change of Plans
Where Did She Go?
The Flight Home
Family Reunion
Dead Ends
Distractions
Chaos
Finding Her
Meeting Her
Caught With Her
Convincing
Making Plans
All About Her
Busy in Korea
What Is Her Secret?
Her Miracle
Cake and Whip
She Can Do What?
The First Visit
House Warming
Change of Heart
Kiss and Make Up
The Concert?
Yes, A Concert
One Problem at a Time
Uncertain
Best Friends
Precursor
Ah, Young Love
Hugs and Hellos
Terrifying
Out of the Shell
Something New Every Day
Gossiping
Only Human
Check Up and Check Out
Better than Planned
A New Dawn, A New Day, A New Life
The Flight Home 2 (aka Hotel)
Dorm Meeting
Recoup Day
First Day Jitters
Stronger Than Us
Bad Apples
Catching Up
Puppy Dog Eyes
Staying the Night?
Sweet like SUGA
The Courage to

Stadium Lights

16.7K 660 180
By Siasheart

Alexis's POV

I'm having an internal crisis. 

Right now, I can't decide whether I should wear comfortable clothes or not to the concert. I really want to just put on some leggings and a hoodie, but what if BTS sees me and laughs. I know that all the girls around me will be wearing merchandise, and dressing as if they were at a fashion show, but that's not what worries me. That's almost the definition of high school, and I'm not playing with that childish bullshit.

Being the only one wearing causal clothes within a mile radius is what worries me. I don't want to receive negative attention, and have the boys laugh at me. I couldn't care less about anyone else, but the thought of them judging me makes me rethink my decision.

I contemplate for a while longer, before deciding to go halfway. Taking Do-Song's advice from yesterday to mind, I put on semi-comfortable jeans and my BTS jacket over my plain colored shirt. I know it's going to be cold in the stadium, even with thousands of people there.

I put my room keys and my phone in the jean pocket, and walk out. I've spent all day inside watching TV and occasionally reading twitter posts from fans about the concert, deciding to be lazy today. When it came time for the concert, I simply brushed my hair and rinsed my face before going through the whole dressing issue earlier. 

Walking out, I signal a taxi. I tell the driver the directions, and look out the window. I get more anxious the closer we get to the stadium. Though I know nothing is going to happen, I can't help but get excited. Just being there and getting to see the wonders of a BTS concert will be amazing enough for me.

I was in no way prepared for what was to come.

♡♡♡

The stadium looked beautiful. The lasers were shooting into the air, doing dances together in the sky. Giant screens that showed pictures of BTS played on the outside walls. Yeah, it was really pretty from far away, but then we turned into the stadium parking lot. Or tried to, at least. Traffic was backed up all the way to the beginning of the venue.

The parking lot was almost full. Mind you, it goes all around the stadium, and is separated into twelve large sections. And I left two hours early.

Apparently two hours isn't enough. Hell, by the look of that line, two weeks isn't early enough. The line is in a continuous "S" pattern, but it probably takes up a whole quarter mile.

I tell my taxi driver to let me off here. It will be faster to walk, and I'm going to be standing a long time anyways. I look at the front of the line, where tents are set up. I see portable chairs, lamps, and... are those grills?

I don't know how those people shower or relieve themselves, but for my sake, I don't think about it. They probably brought their own makeup bags and changes of clothes, I hope. I wonder where they put everything when it's time for the concert to start.

In the middle of the line, there are chairs everywhere, but no tents. I see everything from groups of friends to complete loners standing in the line. Part of me wants to take a picture, so I can show off the most diverse fandom in the world sitting a little ways in front of me, but I put that idea away, because I need to get moving.

All around me more and more ARMYs are filling up what little space is left in the parking lot. They pass me without a second glance, all of them trying to get their place in line. I stop gazing and move with the crowd, towards the line. I get pushed and shoved as I get closer to the end of the line, but I expected that much. I know that not all ARMYs are like this, but getting to see seven hot angels pour their heart out would even make a pacifist punch a hoe.

Once I get my spot, we spend an hour and a half waiting for the venue doors to open. During the last thirty minutes, some fireworks were set off, somewhat visible in the darkening sky. The crowd around me cheers and gasps at them, and I stare at them with my mouth open in awe as the sky turns different colors. The fireworks only last a minute, but they are soon followed by the screens showing pictures of each of the members dressed for their current album theme, You Never Walk Alone. The second part of the Wings album. It was released a few days ago.

"Oh my gosh, look it's Taehyung." A fan yells excitedly.

"There's J-hope!" Another says.

I smile at their fangirling. I would be doing the same if I had a bias, but I don't. I love them all equally, and pay attention to all of them. Of course, my heart still flutters seeing each member individually and seeing them all as a group. It makes me happy to see everyone getting excited over their bias, though. The fact that this is my first concert hypes me up even more too. My legs can't stop moving nervously as I bounce on the balls of my feet. 

The last concept photo shows on the screen, with all seven members, which really makes the crowd go wild. At the end, the doors open as five figures come out. I'm guessing that they're security guards, but I can't see them from here. Everyone around me starts squealing, making me jump.

Seriously, we haven't even gone in yet, and I'm already starting to lose my hearing. And my mom said I  was loud. The thought that it will get louder once I'm in the stadium makes me a bit uncomfortable, but when I imagine listening to their beautiful voices and seeing them a few meters away from me, the feeling goes away. I'm not going to be completely in the front. Pit seats get you close, but that also means you will be in the middle of a group of aggressive ARMYs who are very much willing to throw hands. I just hope that I don't end up in the back of the pit, because I won't be able to see them with my 5' 4" height. I didn't pay over eight hundred dollars to get a nice view of someone's back and a whiff of silent but deadly farts. 

It takes about thirty minutes to move to the middle of the line. From there, I can see the outline of metal detectors around the doors. There are four stations where we have to put our bags or electronics in. I see a girl come up to the door when they motion her. While one of the guards checks her items, the other tells her to walk through the detector. She quickly receives her items back, as another girl begins to do the same. The process is actually really quick, but the sheer amount of fans is what causes this to take so long. I'm okay with it though. These safety measures are what keeps the members safe, as well as everyone attending the concert.

Eventually, I get to the front and go through the process. I'm glad that I brought a jacket, because once I walk through inside, the cold hits me hard. I look around at the girls wearing short-sleeve shirts and shorts and flinch. I know that I get cold easily, but even they will probably get cold soon.

Taking my eyes of of them, I look at my surroundings. There are restaurants and merchandise stalls set up. My cheap ass walks straight to the vending machines and gets some 'dinner.' I stuff a few chip bags into my jacket and carry my water bottle with me. I follow the arrows to the main area.

The atmosphere changes as everyone's excitement rises the closer they get to the middle. Me, being one of them. I enter through the arch, where staff directs me to my correct seat. Short clips of the members play on the jumbo screens.

I make my way to the pit section, as security gets stricter the closer I go. The staff continuously check my ticket, making sure that no crazy fans try and sneak their way to the front. Once I get to the pit, I settle in a little ways from the stadium. Some of the fans I saw at the front of the line with their tents, are at the barricade. I'm about two meters away from the edge of the stage. Just thinking about the members being that close makes my heart beat impossibly fast.

Another thirty minutes passes as the rest of the stadium is filled in. Around me, are the loudest ARMYs you could ever imagine. They yell at the top of their lungs in a simple conversation, so that if the boys were on the stage, even they would be able to hear it, if they didn't have their earpieces in. Though, I'd bet my imaginary army bomb that they would be even louder if that were the case. They don't have a sense of personal space either as I've been pushed about fifty times now.

There are some nice ARMYs in here that are considerate of others. I guess the good and the bad are everywhere you go. Still, I'm starting to think that maybe the pit section wasn't the best place to go for my first concert. 

All of the sudden, the lights go out, including the jumbo screen. I hear screaming all around me as I'm submerged in darkness. Army bombs light up all around me, making a beautiful sea of lights. The screens show exclusive clips that are only played during concerts. 

That's when I know, the concert is about to begin.

~~~~~~~~

A little authors's note ~

Hey guys! I just want to say a few things so that you won't get mad at me. I'm sorry if this isn't actually what a BTS concert is like. I've never been to a big concert like this. I've only ever been to one concert that could only hold about two thousand fans. It was really small, and everyone was standing except for a small balcony behind general admission where a few fans were.

I also wanted to say that I know BTS concert tickets are a lot more than eight hundred dollars for such close seats, but this is set back in the beginning of 2017, so I am just estimating.

Thank you for reading my story so far! I'm sorry for the delay. I promise things will start getting interesting in the next chapter.  ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1M 158K 126
1 year. 1 girl. And the 7 men who own her heart. When she applied for the job, she thought she'd just be teaching in South Korea and getting a fresh...
690K 31.8K 122
In the world of soulmates, perhaps Daun is the only one who does not expect for any soulmate to come. She doesn't have the soul marks that everyone s...
93.8K 3.6K 27
"careful now, you might make me fall in love with you." when two souls are destined to be together, they are connected by an invisible thread. no mat...
19.5K 1.5K 50
What happens if your soulmate wants nothing to do with you? Sabrina moved to Seoul for a fresh start. She was settling in nicely, teaching English t...