Allure

By InkD_Roses

If one day is all we had, will you make it worth my while? City girl-Bradley Hughes battles with her emotions... More

1| Welcome To Allure
2| Southern Hospitality
3| Welcome To Allure Girl
4| Everybody Needs Somebody
5| Untamed
6| Unity
7| Upside to Downside
8| Little Situation
9| Everybody Needs Somebody Pt.II
10| Consensus
11| I Cared. I Care.
12| Unbothered
13| Damage Control
14| Slip Ups
15| Well- Do You Mean It?
16| All On Bradley
17| Allure Me 2
18| Is It Jealousy?
19| Hello Indonesia,
20| Ratchet Happy Birthday
21| Facing The Burdens
22| Get It Under Control
23| Topic of Discussion
24| Evolving
25| We're Doing This Again?
26| Because I'm Your Friend
27| When The Family Feuds
28| For Future Purposes Only
29| Letting It All Go
30| Revisit and Rebuild
31| What's Coming
32| Understood
33| Its None Of Your Business!
34| Living
35| Promised
36| In Due Time
37| And Many More...
38| Revitalizing
39| Resurfaced Love & Pain
40| Going Through The Motions
41| Progressing
42| Embarking Possibilites
43| Anything For You
44| Until Then
45| Back Home To You
46| From Here On Out
47| Everlasting Unity
48| Focus
49| Choosing Me
50| Salvation
51| Rashad Knows Best
52| Rashad STILL Knows Best
53| Stuntin' Like My Daddy
54| Closing In
55| All About Change
56| The New Beginning
57| Could've Been
58| Communicate It
60| Getting Back
61| In With The New
62| Reoccuring
63| Issues
64| Warm Welcome
65| Dilemma
66| Middle Ground
67| Making The Effort
68| Touchy Situation
69| Powerful Ego
70| Comes to the Light
71| Settling the Score
72| Touch and Go
73| Make Your Choice
74| Bradley's Intuition
75| Tread Lightly
76| Wrong or Right

59| Trust The Process

15.5K 1K 998
By InkD_Roses

Excuse my errors! I'm trying my best here lol 😂

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA

BRADLEY HUGHES

The twins had finally hit three months and they were growing like crazy. Currently, Bradley had them on their play mat, laying on their tummies as they made cute little baby noises to each other.

Bradley was actually grateful that she had her babies to keep her mind off of things that unfolded last night with Rashad. After their argument in the car, Bradley expected him to come inside and just give her some space, she was completely mistaken. Rashad simply just didn't return home. Bradley got the new flash that he ended up crashing at Mama Sonya's house from a phone call she got to her phone instructing her to come get her man. It pissed Bradley off that Rashad decided to run from his wrongdoings.

Bradley just found it extremely funny how whenever he was in a wrong, he got to take his time to admit that for one he was wrong, and two apologize for his wrong. However whenever she was wrong, she had to be upfront about anything.

Not only did it annoy her that Rashad slept out instead of coming home to deal with the mess that he fucking created, but it also pissed her off that now his grandmother knew that she and Rashad weren't in a good place at the moment. Bradley didn't necessarily want to come off as the perfect couple, but she did feel like this certain matter was detrimental to the relationship and future marriage which meant that their friends and family shouldn't be involved.

Rashad was a phenomenal guy, he just made some really dumb decisions sometimes.

Bradley snapped out of her thoughts when she noticed Blake reached over and locked her small hands within Jace's hair. "No no no," She gently unclenches Blake's hand from Jace's tresses. "That's not nice," She reprimanded her daughter as she picked her up and sat her up against her chest.

Bradley laughed at the little mean expression Blake had etched in her face due to having to sit up. She was not a fan of it all. "Lay, you can not have mommy's attitude," Bradley pinched her chubby cheeks, still in laughter at how expressive her daughter was. "Take after your dad, he has a great attitude when he's not being a moron," Bradley mumbled out the last part.

Once Jace noticed that Blake was no longer beside him and was getting more attention from their mother than he was, he lowered his head to the play mat and began to cry. "Clingy just like your daddy," Bradley shamed him playfully as she reached over and grabbed him so he could now be sitting right next to Blake.

Almost instantly, Blake reached over and began touching all over Jace'a face. He simply did nothing but sit there and let her do as she pleased. Bradley couldn't help but to laugh lightly and just shake her head.

Bradley heard the sound of Rashad's truck pull into the driveway causing her eyes to roll. Bradley lifted both twins up and adjusted them so they could be facing her. "Please throw up on daddy," She requested of them only to receive silly smiles from them reacting to the screwed up expression that was etched on her face.

A few moments later, Bradley heard Rashad's car go off. Followed by that, the grumbles of the licks chimed indicating that he had entered the home. Bradley rolled her eyes at the sound of his footsteps nearing her and the twins.

Glancing up at him from the ground Bradley noticed that he had the same attire from last night on. Rashad didn't bother to even greet or say anything to Bradley, he just attempted to pick Blake up, but Bradley prevented him from doing so. "Go wash your hands," She instructed him while holding Blake and Jace tightly.

At the sight of their father, they both started to coo and hum small noises since they truly wanted attention from him. Rashad decided not to argue with Bradley about her pettiness since she was right. Clean hands were best for the twins.

Rashad turned on his heels and made his way towards the kitchen so he could wash his hands throughly. He could tell that Bradley was still highly upset and he couldn't blame her. Rashad was trying to avoid her for as much as she could, but he knew that wouldn't work out. After he got cleaned up, Mama kicked him out bright and early since she didn't like that Rashad scurried away from his issues instead of dealing with them head on with his soon to be wife.

After drying his hands, Rashad returned to the living room so he could spend some time with Blake and Jace. Picking both of the twins up from Bradley's grip, he kissed their cheeks causing their smiles that were only filled by their pink gums to occupy their faces. "I missed y'all this morning," He took a seat on the couch adjacent to Bradley.

Bradley scoffed lightly while rolling her eyes. "You wouldn't have missed them if you came home last night," Bradley muttered out slyly.

Rashad glanced over at Bradley who was awaiting an explanation from him. He opted out from responding to her before averting his attention back to the twins. Bradley knew he was avoiding the confrontational conversation that needed to be had between them. Instead of being angry and irrational in front of the twins, Bradley simply gave him all the time he needed to catch up with them.

She watched as he made silly faces to evoke laughter out of them. "You getting chunky Ace, you must be doubling up on them feedings," Rashad teased Jace causing a little screech to come out of Jace. This caused Bradley to laugh involuntarily which resulted in she and Rashad to lock eyes. Immediately Bradley's laughter came to an end which let Rashad know that she was anticipating on cutting into his ass.

Bradley continued to watch the three interact with each other. When Jace was sitting on Rashad's lap, he would pick Blake up and extend his arms up high. He would then alternate the two so he could do the same for Jace. On his final rotation of the twins, Blake ended up letting out a baby barf that dropped down onto Rashad's chin and shirt.

A smirk formed onto Bradley's face as she praised her daughter internally. At least you came through Lay Lay, Bradley thought.

Rashad let out a disgusted little groan before handing Blake off to Bradley. "C'mon Lay, you got it in my beard," Rashad complained.

"Maybe because you disgust her mom," Bradley murmured out snidely as she too claimed Jace into her arms as well. Rashad disregarded Bradley statement and got up from the couch to go clean himself up.

Bradley was left downstairs with the twins with an accomplished grin on her face. "High five Tink," She cheered lowly as she assisted Blake with palming her hand with her's.

Once he was all cleaned up, Rashad returned downstairs, avoiding conversation with Bradley. He played with the twins until they were tired out and were fussing to be put down for a nap. With Bradley's help as she carried Jace, Rashad carried Blake up they stairs so they could put both twins down for a nap.

Once the twins were successfully out of their arms and into their cribs, Rashad and Bradley slowly eased out of the nursery. Bradley followed Rashad downstairs awaiting the start for the adult conversation he wanted to have last night. She was still highly upset with they way he was moving, but she did calm down since last night in the car. She wasn't sure how far she could get without raising her voice, but she would try.

Rashad stood across the island watching as Rashad scrolled through his phone, completely ignoring her and the conversation that needed to be had. "Alright, since you wanna play games, I'll play games to," Bradley shrugged her shoulders as she slid her ring off of her finger and placed it right in front of Rashad.

That immediately caught his attention resulting in him setting his phone down immediately. He narrowed his eyes at her with his jaws clenched. "Taking your ring off for what, Bradley?" He jeered out.

"That's the same question I'm asking Rashad, why in the hell do we need a prenup?" She tilted her head to the side in question.

Rashad took in a deep breath as he forcefully grabbed her hand and placed the ring back on her finger. "Take the ring off again and this whole thing will be a wrap. I'm not about to deal with your fucking antics when we're perfectly capable of having an adult conversation. You act out of anger all the fucking time," Rashad scolded causing Bradley to scoff.

"And who's fault is that Rashad? You expect me not to be upset when you tell em you want a prenup without even discussing it with me first. So do I not have the right to be upset?" Bradley said to him. Seeing that Rashad wasn't about to give her a response, Bradley shook her head. "Let's just admit that you know that you're wrong and you hate that," She concluded.

"I never had a problem with admitting I was wrong before," Rashad shrugged.

Rashad was pissing Bradley off by the second. "Well obviously you do now,"

"I don't feel like I was wrong though Bradley!" He stressed. "All I did was talk to her about the benefits and the withdraws of the prenup!  You're acting like I sat down with her to draw one up so I can force you to sign one!" Rashad fumed out.

"There shouldn't have been a conversation without me there period! You took it upon yourself to do some shit that's supposed to be done as a team! You are wrong!" Bradley retaliated in anger as she jeered at him. Their frustration with each other was flaring and they both knew that they shouldn't be having a conversation right now since they were both so angry but right now they couldn't stop.

Rashad ran a hand down his face. "I'm sorry I didn't include you, but can you blame me when you act like this?!"

"You brought this onto yourself! You were only being sneaky because you knew I wouldn't go for a prenup! Don't try to flip this on me and how I act! You didn't have a problem with the way I act when I had your kids and you for damn sure didn't have a problem with the way I act when you got on your knee and proposed! Stop with trying to flip this on me! You fucked up! Own it!" Bradley was tired of Rashad making her seem as though she was so volatile, when she wasn't. Everything was warranted in this situation and he knew that. She was tired of her being deemed as the loose cannon while he was the calm one who had to walk on eggshells to keep her at bay. Rashad knew about easy conversation prior to this would have solved everything. They've always come to a middle ground especially when the matter impacts them as a unit.

Rashad let out a sigh. "Well I don't know what to tell you Bradley, I want a prenup," Rashad just felt as though they both should be protected. This prenup wasn't only for his best interest, it was for her's too.

Bradley's stern face softened as she eyed him. She felt her tears brimming her brown orbs as he stared back at her with a blank face. "Are you ever gonna take how I feel into consideration?" She asked him as she quickly tired to wipe her tears from her face.

"That's all is do Bradley. I take you into consideration with every decision I make. This prenup is not only for me it's for you too," He explained to her.

Bradley shook her head no, unconvinced. "Don't say that Rashad. I don't need a prenup because I trust you. Within the duration of this entire relationship, I've never had a worry or a concern about you ever trying to play me or sabotage me. I've opened up about the legalities of my businesses to you, my finances, everything. Stop trying to make it seem like you're doing this for the both of us, you're doing this for you," A part of Bradley felt as though this whole prenup situation wasn't Rashad's idea. Rashad never worried about things as such when it came to their relationship. He was the man who kept the same password to his phone for year despite getting a new phone. Trust was something Rashad had with Bradley so she was confused as to where this was all coming from.

"My intentions were never to make you feel like I was doing this for the best interest of me. I just want us to have a middle grown and and understanding," Rashad said hoping it could clarify a few things for Bradley.

Bradley continued to wipe her tears not wanting to let him see how distraught she was. She knew if she went into full blown tears, he would grow guilty and eventually sweep the situation under the rug. She didn't want that. This was a heavy conversation that needed to be had. "When have we never come to a middle grown?" Bradley asked Rashad only getting a sigh as a response. "I'm not even gonna lie, this situation has hurt me only because I feel like you're finding me untrustworthy after I've proven my loyalty and trust to you from they very start. Rashad there is nothing you have given me that I can't give myself and I want you to understand that. I'm standing on the fact thatI don't want a prenup and I won't sign one. Not because I have the desire to get in on some of your earning but because I know what type of woman I am and the type of man you are. I've never been greedy and I've never been a beggar so don't expect me to become any of those if things go sour,"

"I never said—"

Bradley interjected his response. "I don't give a damn what you said Rashad or what you're about to say," She asserted with her sharp attitude. "Not only are you pissing me the fuck off with this whole prenup situation, but you're also pissing me the fuck off with the fact that you're manifesting and preparing on an expiration date on a marriage that has yet to even happen. I'm not sure if I've made myself clear before, but I hope this can clarify some shit to you. When I said yes to your proposal I was under the impression there would be no thought of a divorce. That same energy you exerted whenever I called a break during our relationship is the same energy I expect when and if we get married. One thing I'm not gonna do is play these childish games with you because at the end of the day, my world no longer stops at you anymore. I have children now. Whether you wanna marry me or not, is definitely up to you, however my decision still stands. I love you wholeheartedly, but I will not sacrifice what I think is right to please you and your sudden lack of trust when it comes to money that you claim you don't give a fuck about," Bradley read him from cover to cover.

She didn't raise her voice and got her point across in a very well mannered way. This was all she wanted to be said in the car, but she was too angry to even think and let things register. "So for now," Bradley started again as she looked down at her ring. "I will go without this," She gestured to the ring. "only because I want you to understand the feeling that comes with loosing all of this," She referred to the life they had built for themselves. "If the trust is no longer there, I would respect you more if you just sat me down and told me that instead of doing all of this," Bradley glided the ring that Rashad had just placed back in her finger and slid it across the island over to him.

Rashad glanced down at the ring that he honestly had no plans of her ever taking off again. He understood that she was upset and wanted to prove a point, however taking off her ring was a lot for him to digest. As she ascended up from her seat at the island, Rashad let out a deep breath. "Bradley can we just finish talking about this?"

Bradley shook her head no. "There's nothing else to discuss. I feel like we should have some time apart so we can sort some things out. If it's still worth anything, I still want to be your wife and give our children everything we didn't have growing up. Earn me back Rashad," She finalized while departing from the conversation. Rashad watched as she trailed upstairs.

This was honestly the angriest he had witnessed Bradley be with him. Right now, he actually preferred her fussing and screaming at him simply because that was a sign that maybe, just maybe she could get over it. The way she was so calm about it, slight scared him.

Bradley returned downstairs with a packed duffel bag. She had it extended out to Rashad. "This is a week worth of clothes and necessities. Feel free to stop by whenever you so please to see your children or grab anything you're in need of. Sadly, you won't end your nights here, or start your mornings here. I would prefer if you checked into a hotel for this week so our family and friends aren't aware of the mess we've created for ourselves," She broke things down for him, as he took the duffel bag out of her hands. The best thing to do at the moment was to adhere to what Bradley was ordering him to do. Maybe in a few days when things simmered down, they could figure things out, right now was just not a good time.

Rashad let out a breath as he shook his head. This definitely wasn't what he was expecting when he came back home.

Glad that Rashad wasn't making it harder than it had to be by putting up a fight, Bradley walked him to the door. "Please make sure you call or text before showing up here as well," She warned him.

Rashad eyed her. He wanted so badly to just apologize for the entire situation and sweep the whole prenup thing under the rug.

If he knew a prenup would have turned his entire life upside down, he surely would have thought things through more. A part of him was somewhat expecting Bradley to just agree with him. Prior to all of this, his logic seemed well warranted and he thought Bradley would just fall in line right behind him. Rashad could honestly say that he had grown use to Bradley making everything so easy and accessible to him just from having an easy conversation which he always seemed to be in control of.

Just like Rashad was doing what he thought was in his own best interest, Bradley was finally doing what she though was in her own best interest. At the moment, there was no longer an us or a we.

Bradley wasn't about to just let Rashad think everything was okay and they could just agree to disagree up until the day of the wedding arrived and they have yet to come to a middle ground about the prenup. For her, the prenup was a hard no. If she signed that document, it felt like there would be no use of a marriage or even being together. Rashad stressed trust so much, Bradley was honestly baffled to see that a prenup was so strongly backed up by him. Bradley just felt like the prenup was just him contradicting himself. He couldn't possibly trust her with his life if he wanted a prenup, that just didn't make any sense.

As much as it was a jab to her heart, Bradley was willing to let him go completely if she had to. Some things came with sacrifices and if she had to sacrifice Rashad for what she believed a marriage should be and for who she was as a woman, then she was willing. If things are meant to be, they would gravitate right back to each other.

This issue just couldn't be fixed with a mere apology and a kiss. They were going have to work through the throes of their relationship, no matter how straining it was.

Bradley watched as Rashad placed his duffel back into his truck. He glanced over at Bradley who was watching him from the door. Bradley could tell he regretted this entire situation, and Rashad could tell that Bradley regretted taking everything this far. Their love was definitely undeniable, however they were two strong willed and stubborn people who clashing at the moment.

Bradley was somewhat hoping that he would have at least given her a hug before he got into his truck but he didn't, only because he respected her decision and the new boundaries she had implemented.

Bradley watched as he pulled off the driveway and went towards the exit if their neighborhood. A heavy feeling plunged down on her once she finally cane into realization that he was gone. Bradley reentered the home and shut the door behind her. Her feet dragged her over to the couch where she plopped down into a cushion.

Her brown orbs welled up in tears before they began cascading down her face. She hated how everything escalated into one uncontrollable mess, however maybe Rashad needed to understand how serious she was. Rashad was basically showing her that he didn't trust her and that hurt. She didn't even know what she could have possible said or done to make him feel as though he needed a prenup in the first place. A ton of things still needed to be clarified, but Rashad was just being so head strong about what he wanted that he wasn't even taking the time out to explain why he needed one in the first place.

Taking in a deep breath, Bradley reached for her phone. She was shocked to see that she had gotten a text from Rashad.

Husband 💙
— Let me know if you need anything. I'm only fifteen minutes away.
Received 11:37 AM

Bradley sent him a thumbs up in return, still not in the headspace to carry out a conversation after the one they just had prior to him leaving. She was just gonna take things day by day.

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA

In hopes to cheer herself up from how awful her relationship was at the moment, Bradley took full advantage of her best friends complaining about not spending anymore time together. She had invited them over so they could bring her spirits back.

Bradley had never experienced a week go by so slow  in her life. What felt like six days of complete turmoil and stress, turned out to be only three days. Her pride was far too much for her to ever admit the fact that she regretted putting Rashad out of the house. She knew better to go back on her decision, that would only give him the satisfaction of knowing that she truly couldn't live without him even though she talked so much about doing so.

Bradley truly just missed his presence, even if they wouldn't have been on speaking terms if he was staying the house, Bradley would feel better than how she was feeling now.

She missed the way he would make her laugh even if she was completely drained and grumpy about getting no sleep. His kisses throughout the day. The obnoxious smacks on her rear to motivate her to get up and change the twins diapers. The stupid little jokes he made that he often found funnier than Bradly did, and lastly, the silly little baby talk he used to keep the twins entertained.

As unbothered she was trying to look from his standpoint, Bradley still made sure to keep tabs on him. He still kept his location shared with her so she often monitored where he was. She knew that he was a bit stressed out about everything because his location only went back and forth from his hotel and the the training facility to work out. Bradley was very aware of his tendency to just channel his stress into his fitness and health so she knew that he was going extra hard in the gym.

Bradley had turned off the camera feeds just so Rashad wouldn't be able to keep tabs on her. That had pissed him off so he sent her a lengthy text message about why she shouldn't play with the security of the home especially when he wasn't there.

Dealing with Blake and Jace alone, was honestly the best thing for Bradley. It kept her mind away from Rashad and helped her focused on what really mattered if everything came to an end.

With Blake on her left side and Jace on her right, Bradley cautiously made her way down the steps so she could open the door up for Georgia. She had specifically asked Georgia to come earlier than Posh and Usiah since she was in desperate need of some good advice from a grounded soul. Usiah and Posh were complete fools and find a way to turn their advice into a comedy show and Bradley did it need that right now.

"Hey gorgeous," Bradley greeted Georgia with a smile. Georgia looked stunning. As always, her cinnamon red hair was curled and flowed freely down her back in a poofy manner. She remained minimal with the make up allowing her freckles to speak for themselves. Her lips were glossed, finalizing the look.

"Hey sexy mama," She smiled as she entered the home. She greeted Bradley with a kiss on the cheek before immediately attempting to reach for Jace.

Bradley playfully dodged her with a laugh. "Uh uh, go wash all the Free cooties off your hands miss ma'am,"

Georgia sighed eyed Bradley for the little joke before finding herself laughing alongside of her. "You wanna be a comedian so bad," She playfully rolled her eyes as she trekked her way to the kitchen. Bradley followed in suit with a laugh.

Luckily for her, she had already set up the twins high chairs in the kitchen so she gave her arms a break and set them in their respective chairs. Blake who wasn't a fan of sitting anywhere besides Rashad's or Bradley's lap instantly whined once she got set down. "Don't fret Lay-Lay, mama Gigi is coming to save you from Bradley's mean ass," Georgia assures Blake as she dried her hands.

Bradley smacked her lips. "No one is mean to that girl, her daddy just spoils her like hell," Blake had Rashad wrapped around her little finger. Her carried her high on his shoulders everywhere around the house, too afraid to set her down so she won't cry. Bradley warned him about her getting attached and entitled to get that same treatment from everyone, but he always dismissed her as if she was talking nonsense.

"How can he not spoil her and Jace? Look at them," She bounced back and forth, kissing both of their cheeks.

"Y'all only say that because you guys have never dealt with them while they were throwing a temper tantrum," Bradley let out a long sigh while shaking her head.

Georgia smacked her lips, waving Bradley off. "They're angels," She continued to believe.

Bradley rolled her eyes. "That's exactly what Rashad says," She muttered out with a sly attitude.

Georgia felt the shift of energy so she averted her attention from the twins and placed it on Bradley.

Bradley had a mild frown etched on her face, which immediately concerned Georgia. "What's the matter?" Georgia asked as she took a seat across from Bradley.

"Stuff is just rough right now," Bradley exhaled a heavy breath. "Rashad just gets on my nerves. He gets me so mad to the point where I just flash out to no return," After having a few days to think her actions over, Bradley did feel as though she could have took a better route with the situation. She was so invested in being angry that she did and said a few things that weren't really necessary.

Georgia sighed. "What happened?" She asked.

Bradley balled up her fist and rested her head upon it. "He wants a prenup and I just flipped out," Bradley  never stopped feeling like her stance in the issue was justified, she just didn't think that if she had a few more days to complete process everything, the dispute would've been a lot less heated.

"Was he talking to you about it, or he just straight up told you that's what he wanted to do?" Georgia raised a brow.

"I found the lawyer's business card in his car and asked what it was a about and he told me that he went to weigh out his options for a prenup," Bradley rolled her eyes. "I just feel like if he wanted to take that big step he should have talked to me about it first so we could've came to an agreement and went together. He was being sneaky and I don't like that," Bradley explained her frustration.

Georgia nodded. "So you're upset because you weren't include in the decision?"

"Yes, but I'm also upset at the fact that he wants a prenup in the first place. He's acting like he found me and made me who I am. I've been doing this, been making my own money, been supporting myself, all of that. My hand was never out for a hand out nor am I greedy so I'm confused in what way I rubbed him the wrong way where he felt like it was necessary to protect himself from me," Bradley just didn't think that the prenup was needed. If Rashad was confident that if they divorced, he wouldn't go after her assets, and she was confident that she wouldn't go after his, then they shouldn't have to involve lawyers and make up documents to prove that. Bradley felt like she's proven her love, loyalty, and trust to Rashad enough. The only things she found worth in signing is their marriage license and marriage certificate.

"I don't blame you for being upset or even offended, but did you even try to hear him out about it? Rashad is a pretty calculated guy so I don't know the chances of him just waking up, looking at you, then deciding he wanted to implement a prenup within you twos relationship," Georgia said to Bradley despite it not being what she wanted to hear. She wanted to hear that she was right and Rashad was wrong, but she knew it's Georgia she wouldn't pick any sides. She was neutral all across the board. This is why Bradley chose her for this situation.

"We tried talking, but it just turned into an argument," Bradley told Georgia.

"Who raised their voice first?" Georgia questioned.

Bradley sighed with guilt. "The first conversation, I got loud first. The second one, he did,"

"So you guys talked twice and nothing was resolved, where is he now?" Georgia furrowed her brows. As far as she knew, Rashad was honestly the guru of making Bradley.

A frown caved into Bradley's face. "I put him out for the week, but I regret it cause I miss him. I even gave him my ring. He looks so disappointed and devastated. I was just so mad and caught up in my own feelings that I just lashed out with my screaming and my crying," Bradley mumbled out with sadness.

Georgia opened her arms up, initiating a hug which Bradley needed badly. "Listen, don't worry. Rashad loves you—he's in love with you. This is just a small bump in the road. This doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't want to marry you anymore or he doesn't trust you, he's just formatting a structure for the family he's created with you. Yes, I do think you should have been included, however you can't just lash out about thing Brad-Bae. Listen to him so he can be able to listen to you. Just go talk to him, correctly this time," Georgia advised her in a soothing voice. She consoled Bradley by running her hands through her hair and rocking her back and forth as if she were a baby. Bradley like to act like she could handle so much, but deep down inside she was a baby that sometimes just needed comfort. Rashad knew that, he just couldn't deal with the constant anger she put out to cloud the fact that she was sensitive all of the time.

As Bradley sniffled her cries away while still in Georgia's arms, she lifted her head from Georgia's shoulder. "Can you watch my kids?" She asked through light cries causing Georgia and her to both laugh.

"Of course I'll watch them," Georgia assured.

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA

RASHAD FAREWOOD,

Rashad groaned as she he heard a constant banging on his hotel room door. He knew it was only one person obnoxious enough to do such a thing, which caused him to take his sweet precious time to get out of bed and go to the door. "Nigga I know you hear me!" Alex's voice sounded off from the other side of the door.

Rashad rolled his eyes as he sluggishly made his way to the door. For the past few days, Alex made it his obligation to pop in as much as he could to check in on his simp of a brother. Only a few things could get Rashad down in the dumps like he was now, and Bradley was at the top of the list. Whenever Rashad got sad or even down, he enjoyed isolation and of course the only place where he could channel not only his anger but also sadness, the gym.

Rashad has committed himself to only sleeping, and working out. The only person he even bothered to talk to was Bradley whenever he wanted to see the twins. She even made that awkward. He would spend his time with the kids downstairs while she locked herself in the bedroom.

Opening the door for Alex, Rashad was met with his beaming smile while he held up a to-go box of food. "I got some good eats for you bitch," He handed Rashad the food.

With a yawn, Rashad thanked him as he stepped aside and let him in. "Don't lock the door, Jerome coming up in a second," He informed Rashad as she plopped down on the bed

"What are y'all doing here?"Rashad grumbled our as he set the food down.

Alex sighed before pulling his attention away from his phone. "Well for starters, you missed our first family game night yesterday," In hopes if bringing the family together without Brandon of course, Alex pitched the idea of family game night which everyone agreed too. He set it up, only for Rashad and Bradley not to show up with the twins.

"Did Brad go?" Rashad asked.

Alex shook his head. "I called and she said that she was too tired and she'll catch us at the next one. I guess she thought you were there," Alex informed Rashad.

Rashad chuckled lightly. "Sounds like something she'll do," He nods.

"Y'all can't be beefing that hard," Alex shook his head. If he knew Rashad would have moved so sloppily with the idea of a prenup, he wouldn't have pitched it to him in the first place. He honestly though his older brother was smarter than that.

Rashad smacked his lips as he gave Alex a lethal eye. "You think I'll be here instead of at home with my kids and my girl if we weren't beefing that hard?" He asked his brother as if he were stupid.

Alex shrugged. "Shit who knows, you probably wanted to cop a break,"

"Yo, shut the fuck up. You're about to piss me off," Rashad warned Alex. This wasn't something he wanted to joke about or even she'd light on.

Alex laughed. "Alright my bad," He raised his hands up in surrender.

Jerome finally made his way up and entered the hotel room. A bundle of balloons that read Happy Birthday upon it were in his possession as he carried a a small bakery box in the other. "Happy Birthday," Jerome cheered as he shut the door behind him with his foot.

Rashad eyes him up and down, slightly confused. "What are you talking about, my birthday isn't until next week," He reminded Jerome.

Alex has now gravitated from the bed and made his way next to Jerome who was setting the bakers box down in front of Rashad along with the balloons. "We know, just wanted to cheer you up. Got your favorite cake too," After talking to Alex who shared that Rashad wasn't himself due to the dispute he and Bradley were having, Jerome thought it would be nice to cheer him up. Rashad was always cheering everyone else up, so Jerome thought of a way to return the favor.

Rashad eyes his brother who both had charismatic smiles stretched upon their faces hoping that their little plan worked. "Y'all are dumb," He laughed while shaking his head. "Thank you guys," He slapped hands with both of them, shedding his first smile in a few days.

Rashad really had no plans on celebrating his birthday this year, but since Alex and Jerome put in the effort, he was going to make the best of it. Opening up the bakers box, he chucked at what his brothers engraved onto the cake. "You played yourself bro, but happy early birthday," He read aloud causing them to laugh.

"That was Alex's idea," Jerome pointed at his younger brother still in laughter.

Rashad went ahead and thanked them again for the thoughtful gesture. Alex urged him to cut the cake so he could get a piece. "I think y'all dumb for real, this not even my favorite, this is Cedonni's favorite," Rashad told them as he cut a slice of the fudge chocolate cake.

"Uhh—" Jerome stretches out as he scratched the back of his neck. "Well we were close enough,"

"It's the thought that counts," Rashad laughed before cutting Jerome a slice. Not too thrilled for cake himself, he opted out of cutting himself a slice.

There was a knock on the door causing Rashad to let out another heavy sigh. He knew he had the Do Not Disturb marker on his door know so he was hoping that he would t have to come face to face with a housekeepers or a hotel associate. "I hope you guys ain't bring anyone else," Rashad eyes his brothers as he got up from his seat to go fetch the door.

"I just took some pictures with some girls, hopefully they ain't follow me up, y'all know I'm celebrity status now," Alex licked his lips arrogantly before wiggling his brows in a suggestive manner.

Jerome smacked his lips. "Man if you don't shut the hell up," He waved Alex off.

Rashad looked through the peephole of the door, his eyes widened at the sight of Bradley standing at the other side with a nervous look etched on her face. "It's Brad," He announced.

"She must've heard we brought cake," Alex laughed before forking another portion of cake onto his plate.

Rashad opted out on entertaining Alex and opened the door for Bradley. Bradley honestly didn't think that he would answer. She had shot him a text a few minutes ago before arriving and did it get a response, she took a leap of faith and just came anyway. "Hey," She looked up at him with a light smile. "I texted you. If it's not a good time then—"

Rashad halted her from talking herself into leaving by grabbing her hand and pulling her inside. "Nah you're good," Rashad assures as he shut the hotel door behind him. As they furthered into the hotel room, Bradley kept a tight lipped smile spread onto her face as she caught sight of Jerome and Alex.

"Hey guys," She waved awkwardly.

Jerome and Alex glanced at each other before eyeing Bradley with a smirk. "Brad you ain't fooling nobody. We're out," Alex lifted his hand up holding up the peace sign as he dragged Jerome along with him.

"Thank you guys," Rashad thanked them once more before the left so Bradley and Rashad could have some time in private.

Now alone, there was a thick layer of silence between the two. Bradley sat off to the side, while Rashad stood just eyeing her. She had to have something to say. She wouldn't have came all this way if she didn't.

"Who has the twins?" Rashad asked once it finally clicked that Blake and Jace weren't with her.

"I put Georgia in charge," She chuckled lightly. "She's having the time of her life,"

"So what's up?" Rashad asked "You alright?"

Bradley let out a heavy sigh. She nervously fiddled with her nails as she tried her best to think of ways she could tell him what she told Georgia. She did it want to fight anymore. She missed having him around. "I miss you," She admitted with her words coming out as a quick mumble.

Rashad's lips curled into a little smile.  Making his way closer to her, he cranes down applying his lips onto her. The kiss got carried away pretty quickly since it had been a couple of days since they've been in each other's presence.

As much as they were enjoying and basking in each other's affection, the parted ways from the kiss. "Yeah let's never do no shit like this again. I gave you your space cause I knew you were upset, but this is draining as hell. I'm sorry for starting all of this in the first place. Prenup, no prenup—whatever you want at this point, just never take your ring off unless we're getting it cleaned, resized, or you're washing a clients hair," He leaned in for another kiss.

"I love the energy and all, but that doesn't fix everything," Bradley tells him bleakly. "I don't want to put a damper on the fact that we've come to our senses, but this has surfaced an issue in our relationship. I just feel like you don't trust me anymore," As much as she wanted to bask in the fact that things were getting better between them, she didn't want to ignore the underlying issue.

"Brad, I never said I didn't trust you," He clarified.

Bradley rolls her eyes. "But that's what you insinuated,"

"So there's no fixing this? Is that what you're saying?" Rashad needed to know what his options were. The last thing he wanted to do was call off something they worked so hard to make work over a little document. Rashad could admit that he did let his brothers get into his head, which probably wasn't the best idea. By how hard Bradley was fighting to show that not only did she not agree with the prenup, but also highlight how disrespected she felt by it, just showed that there may be no use. One thing Rashad wanted to clarify was that he never worried about Bradley taking his money or even doing what Kimora was doing, he just wanted things to work out easily for them both if they did have to pull the plug on their marriage.

Bradley shook her head. "We're not over so get that shit out of your head," She sneered causing him to let out a light chuckle while nodding his head in understanding. "You just need to decide what you're gonna do,"

"Marrying you is what I wanna do. If you feel so ill about the prenup then fine we won't get one. I never wanted it to look like I didn't trust you or anything. I just wanted to set boundaries. We're about to be married so we have to come to terms about adult things like life insurance and trust funds," Rashad thoroughly explained to her.

"Okay, but we have to do those things together. You taking it upon yourself to handle something that is meant for both of us is wrong," Bradley pointed out.

Rashad agreed with a nod of his head. "I can admit I was wrong for that,"

"So what possessed you to all of a sudden want a prenup anyway?" Bradley furrowed her brows.

Rashad let out a sigh. He knew he was about to sound hella stupid, but things truly did pan out in that manner. "It was stupid," He said. "I let Jerome's issues with Kimora manifest issues in our relationship,"

Bradley nods. "I'm not gonna kick you when you're down," She chuckled. "But that was really stupid,"

Rashad laughed, nodding in agreement with her. "It was, but I'll learn from it,"

Bradley eyed him with a little smirk. "You can come home Big Shad,"

Rashad stood up, pulling her in his arms. He knew he had a lot of making up to do however he was glad they were on the recovering process of things. He could tell that even though he felt like the prenup was a mere issue to their relationship, Bradley was hurt by it. One thing she didn't take for granted or lightly was their trust for each other. As much as Rashad assures her that he still trusted it, she couldn't help but to feel as though the trust was faltered.

They were good, but they still had things they needed to sort out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408K 12.3K 30
Jaelynn from Harlem moves to New Orleans where she meets her next door neighbor August. August is a typical trouble maker but has better intentions f...
248K 9.7K 33
He is anything but a gEnTLeMaN. Allie Williams is navigating highschool with her head down. The thing is Dennis Anderson won't leave her alone! It's...
7.5K 335 37
Sexy heartthrob Isabelle Anderson comes face to face with her childhood crush Jaycey Davins and wholeheartedly devotes herself to risking her relatio...
168K 2.3K 24
"I'm going to miss you a lot," I told him truthfully. He nodded. "Same here." "At least I have your sweatshirt," I shrugged. He pulled out his pho...