Hunter of the Undead

By winterrose121

In Zoey's world she deals with her three annoying brothers, and a sister can be hard but the hardest is being... More

Meeting us
The Dream
School
Divorce
Coven of Vamps
Vampire stories
Love ?
Ripped Apart
Injuries
Surgery
Stranger of the Mist
A heart of black
Bullied
Death Awaits
Awkward Moments
Fighting back
Farewell
Who's being hunted now ?
Instincts

Marked for death

27 1 0
By winterrose121

"Zoey... where did you leave him ?" Lucas asked me. "At Little Creek, just about a mile back" I said. "Did he follow you ?" he asked. "No, we sorta quarreled" I told him. "You argued, why would you do a thing like that ?" He asked me. "It wasn't certainly my fault, he just...well got me mad" I explained.

"Next time be careful " he said then suddenly he quickly embraced me with a hug.

Wow, was Lucas that concerned about me or just my safety ? 

He then pulled away. But then seemed the stare behind me. What was he looking at ? I turned, but noticed what he was staring at. That guy was standing nearly a mile away, but we could see him. After a few minutes he left. Lucas turned back to me, and had that smile across his face. 

Now that's what I loved, his wonderful smile.

I felt butterflies in the pit of my stomach. I had the feeling before, even after when I met Lucas. After a while, I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and smiled and left him. I glanced over my shoulder and saw him smiling, obviously he liked it.

Later on that day, I decided to go into town, I was going to the bookstore, I really didn't need more books, but I wanted a new one, nearly after buying three I walked out of the store and turned and glanced around. 

Usually there are a lot of people around walking about the streets. Where was everyone ?

It was weird, hmm.... Well I guess some people would stay home on a blustery day like this day. I was walking back home, I decided to take a short cut through Central Park, when I noticed something.

Someone was lying on a bench, but that wasn't unusual, normally the hobo's were always here. I slowly walked over, "Um... are you okay ?" I asked. Nothing, just silence, the wind was picking up again.

I got a little closer, waiting for the person to see me, but I then noticed something red on their clothing. Was it a logo ? I was wrong, hearing tiny drops I glanced down seeing blood dripping onto the cement. I dropped my books and nearly tripped backwards.

Now the question was...who was it ?  I mean, who would die out here in Central Park in the middle of the day ? My heart was pounding so hard, that fear was crawling over my skin. I got goosebumps, I finally steadied my self and came right up to the dead body and began over looking.

I was a bit curious on how the person died really. I looked over the skin area, but saw no marks or wounds. I went home and needed some time to think. Should I have left that body there, was that the right thing to do ?

I began pacing my room, what was I suppose to do about a dead body ? I prayed someone else would find it. Was I way wrong... just the next day my dad wanted me to stop by the hardware store for him, after going to the hardware store, not thinking I went through Central Park, and nearly screamed.

There across from me, two more bodies. This was crazy, why hasn't anyone else seen them ? I slowly walked over, bending over, still no cause of how exactly they died. After looking at them, I thought I had saw something on one's arm. I lifted his arm up and stared at it. Numbers.

The number was 3. Was it a tattoo ? And why the number 3, maybe a good luck tattoo. Hum... I thought.  Then I decided to look at the other two, same with them, the first person I saw here had the number 1 on their arm, and while the other body had the number 2.

This was odd, why would they have the numbers one, two, and three on their arms. I rub a finger onto the numbers and it smeared. Wait so someone was writing numbers on them ? I did decide to report it.

Like always I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, that I had crashed into someone. "Oh sorry" I said looking up. I realized who I had bumped into, that same exact man that was all dressed in black. "Watch where you are going" he told me sternly. "I'm sorry" I said then past him, I knew he was watching me.

He was a stranger to our town, I didn't know anything about him personally, beside what Lucas says, that he kills vampires for sports and revenge. I had hunch that maybe he was behind the death of those people.

But I wasn't sure for sure. Nearly over the next few days, I'd go and sneak over at Central Park and wait for something to happen. Something did happen, the same man that wore all black walked over and dumped a body there.

I saw him pull out a black marker and write on their arm. That would be four by now. Over the next few days, he kept on doing it, but why ? I needed answers. So I decided to go into our forest and search for Lucas. "Lucas !" I shouted.

In a snap of an eye, he was here. "Lucas... I really need to talk to you about something" I told him. "I think I have an idea what you want to talk about" he said leaning against a pine tree. "You do ?" I asked shocked.

"Yes, it's about those dead people, about Helsing" he said. "How do you know about it ?" I asked surprised. "Vampire's know everything" Lucas said smiling. "Oh you vampire's know everything ?" I asked."Yes, we know everything" he said smiling away.

"So...do you know why this Helsing is killing innocent people and writing numbers on them ?" I asked him. "He's marking them, cause it's his way in telling us vampire's that he's after us, it's called marked for death" Lucas told me.

"Marked for death, but why innocent people from here ?" I asked. "Helsing... is different, that his hate for us cause's him to kill anything, and I mean anything that walks in his path, he will kill" Lucas said. "And how many people will have die for his hatred ?"I asked worried.

"Nothing will stop him, unless... he kills me" Lucas said. "What ?" I said way more concerned.  "I've told you he hate us, but hates me the most, cause... well I killed his wife" he said. "But why ?" I asked.

"She was a nuisance, the other's were fighting off Helsing, well she fought back for him, and she got into the way, that I had no choice but to kill her " Lucas told me. "How did she go ?" I asked him.

"I bit into her neck, but to physically kill a human and not make them into a vampire you have to drain them" he told me. "Drain ?" I asked confused. "Blood" he said. "Oh, so If I choose to be a vampire, you'd drain me ?" I asked.

"No, please don't ever wish to be one, you'll never be able to control the thirst of blood, it's like a hunger for it, so please never ask me to change you" he said he embraced me into his arms. "I'm sorry, I just wondered about it" I said.

My ear was pressed against his chest, I heard no heartbeat, his skin felt as ice cold against mine. I knew vampire's were already dead. But I didn't care. Afterwards, we talked some more, finally after some time, "Well I should get going" Lucas said.

"Do you have too ?" I asked. "Yes, I need to go and tell the others about Helsing" he told me. "Alright then" I said then had hugged him and turned away. I glanced over my shoulder and he was already gone.

Later in a week, there was a terrible storm, the wind was nearly going 40 miles an hour, rain poured down hard in large buckets. I felt like it would never stop, thanksgiving went and passed, mom left with the my brothers and sister.

Dad and I stood in the door entrance watching as they drove off. The house felt more empty than ever, sometimes in bed I'd start thinking a lot. Then I end up crying myself to sleep after realizing how lonely I was.

I want to be strong, I really do but I just can't help bursting out crying sometimes, because I just don't know how things will get better. Sometimes it's just better to keep silent than to tell others what you feel.

Because it hurts badly when you come to know that they can hear you, but can not understand. Crying made it a little easier for me, but I still missed my mom. Some days went by quick, and dad told me I had to go to school.

I went but didn't like it. Once again, Jessica and Tessa teased me. One day, I was outside sitting on the bars on the playground just minding my own business when they walked over. "Well isn't it little poor Zoey" Jessica said. "Go away" I told her. "What for ?" Tessa asked.

"I heard your mommy left" Jessica said. That made me mad as heck. I dropped down and landed next to Jessica. "What is your problem Jessica ?" I asked mad with her. "My problem is you !" she yelled at me.

"No... I'm sick of you picking on me so much, we use to be such good friends, now all you can do is tease, pick and talk behind my back, what happened to that girl that was my friend ?" I asked furious then ran off.

I never looked back to see what her face looked like. I was so just frustrated with her, I ran to the school's fence and just stood there for some time. After some time, a voice interrupted my thoughts. I turned to see Vince, Jessica's brother.

He was quite fetching today, he was wearing jeans that were faded, and a blue shirt, which nearly made his blue eyes pop. "Oh hi" I said sadly. "You okay ?" he asked. "Yeah, why ?" I asked straightening myself up.

"I saw what happened" he said. "Oh, that" I said. "You sure you are okay ?" he asked. "Yeah, I'm fine" I told him. "Okay" he said then turned and walked off. I walked back inside the school, Jessica and Tessa were standing by their lockers smiling away and being themselves.

I pulled out my art books and went into class. I liked Mrs. Fielding, she was nice. She had beautiful grey white hair and brown eyes. Her husband, the principal Mr. Fielding was a little strict with every student.

Art went well, afterwards I had Spanish class with Mrs. Hardwood. Spanish was hard, try learning a language that only Spanish people knew. I glanced out the window, another class was out there doing p.e.

I glanced down at my papers, I didn't even once write down any Spanish words. I glared at the clock on the wall, only fifteen more minutes till class was over, I began jotting down the words. Finally afterwards the bell rang, lunch time.

I wished today wasn't so long.  

I sat at a far table near the wall, I sat alone. Which I preferred to be alone, till Sadie came along and sat down. "Hey" she said smiling. "Hi" I said. "You seem sad or upset about something" Sadie said noticing. "I'm fine" I said. Lie.

I didn't feel like talking to her. Later on after school, I walked around town. "Hi Zoey" someone said. I turned "Hi Fred" I waved at him. Fred was a hobo. He always wore a brown holy jacket, black slacks, and a yellow ripped shirt.

He was very kind to everyone here about everyone loved him. Only a few times the towns people would give him things like food and other things. He wasn't old, he seemed to be about mid fifties. After a while, I sat on a picnic table once again thinking.

"Hi Zoey" I looked up to see T.J. He was in my art class, he was african american. "Hi T.J " I said. "I saw you sitting here, and thought I'd say hi to you" he said. "Oh, okay" I said. "How's your dad doing ?" he asked. "He's good, busy with work" I told him.

"Oh okay" T.J said. T.J was about seventeen years old. He was wearing jeans with his football shirt. He was a quarterback for the football team. "I heard about your mom and siblings leaving, I'm sorry" he said. "Thanks, yeah" I said. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172 1 11
"You're the enemy, so why am I so drawn to you..." "When will you grow up and realise fairytales don't exist, we don't get a happy ending Kyl...
729K 20.3K 63
Have you ever felt the love and protection of three vampires? Zoey hasn't, she didn't even think it could've been anything other than fiction. Nikola...
17.7K 1.5K 23
Reaching a decision that will forever change her life, not to mention the fate of the world, she seeks out the one person that can give her the stren...
130K 2.1K 29
(**Violence in some parts**) Abused physically and mentally. Diana takes it all for her sister Emma, the only blood related person she has left. She...