Ripped Apart

"You think I'm beautiful ?" I asked. He inched towards me, I waited for his answer. He then pushed my hair behind my ear, his hand was cold. "If I could give you one thing in life, I would give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes, only then would you realize how special you are to me" he told me.

I hugged him out of the blue.

I loved him, and it was killing me. Sometimes it's better to keep silent then to tell others what you feel. Because, It hurts badly when you come to know that...they can hear you...But can not understand. I want to be strong, I really do.

But I can't help bursting out crying sometimes, because I just don't know how things will get better. Before meeting Lucas,and I would be in bed I'd start thinking alot. Then I end up crying myself to sleep after realizing how lonely I was.

"You are so beautiful to me in everyway" he said. I didn't want to let go. "Oh..." he said. I backed up, "What ?" I asked. "I just realized something aweful" Lucas said. "What's so aweful ?"I asked. "It will break your heart" he told me. "Tell me" I said.

I saw him bite his lower lip, hesitating. "Lucas...please tell me " I asked worried. He looked away then back at me, his face was filled with concern and sadness. "We cannot be in love" he said so calmly. "What ? why ?" I asked shocked.

"I forgot there's this rule we vampires have... vampire's and humans can never be in love, other wise there's going to be problems, big ones" Lucas informed me. "Isn't there any way around that rule, can't you just break it ?" I asked.

I was getting teary eyed. "You and I, were probably never meant to be. But I loved you every simple second that I spent with you" Lucas said having a hard time trying to tell me. My heart was breaking.

It's better to break your own heart by leaving, rather than having that person break your heart every day you are with them. "Don't say that Lucas" I said tearing up.

Lucas stood up, "I'm sorry Zoey, someday someone is going to look at you with a light in their eyes you've never seen, they'll look at you like your everything they've been looking for their enitre lives. Wait for it" Lucas said then he walked up to me and brought his lips to my forehead and kissed it.

He backed away and went to the window.

He left.

I stared at the open window, tears were running down my cheeks. I was feeling lonely and abandoned. I turned to my pillow and lied down, but ended up crying myself to sleep. The next morning, Milly our lab came into my room and jumped ontop of me.

She layed down next to me and rolled onto her side. Meaning she wanted attention. I stared down at her, "what ?" I asked her. She looked up at me, and licked her lips. "You want me up don't you ?" I asked her.

She sniffed but then sneezed. I sat up and rubbed her belly. I gazed over at the window, and thought of Lucas. I then heard a door closing from the hallway. I got up from my warm bed and walked to my doorway.

I leaned against the door frame. I heard my mom and dad's voices downstairs in the kitchen. Megan then walked out of the bathroom,she was dressed already. "Why are you dressed this early ?" I asked her.

"Oh, I'm going shopping with Danica, Layla, and Kaci" she told me. "Your shopping this early ?" I asked shocked. "Yeah, were going to the mall" she said going to her room. She disappered into her room for a while.

I thought of Lucas again...falling in love with him I hadn't expected. But being in love with him is something I couldn't stop even if I tried. The best feeling was when I looked at him, but he was already staring. Now...I feel like my heart was stabbed.

Some people cross your path and change your whole direction.

I realized that some people don't like me in general... but I don't really give a care.

It's ok to make mistakes. If people can't accept that, they don't deserve to be around you. Life doesn't stop for anyone, live it. Again there was that stabbing pain in my chest. I never believed people when they said how much it hurts to have your heart broken.

Until it was me

Lying on my bedroom floor, with mascara running down my face, gasping for air, crying. So don't you dare say you never killed anyone because that night you killed me. I just wished I could see Lucas once more.

I pushed myself up from the floor, I went and fixed my makeup and went down stairs.