Unholy Matrimony

Lets_Hi5

Layla had a fairly normal life; she had loving parents, a crazy best friend, and the world at her perfectly p... Еще

Unholy Matrimony
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven/ Final Chapter
Unholy Matrimony: Part Two Chapter One

Chapter Ten

7.1K 102 36
Lets_Hi5

A/N: Okay I know your ready to kill me, but I have an excuse (although I know it doesn't make up for it). Sophmore year has been filled with loads of stress. But thank goodness its Winter Break. I want to upload another chapter which I hope will be the last one until Unholy Matrimony (Part Two).

Yep, I'm going to have to make this story into two parts if I still want to qualify for the Watty Awards (have until Dec. 31 to finish).

I hope you enjoy. I'm a bit effy about this chapter but I promise the last chapter is going to have jaws dropping!

Please remember to comment/vote/rate.

Oh and i'm going to start dedicating my chapters to my loyal fans!!!! I love you guys!!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Are you sure", Tobias asked uncertainly.

"Of course I am it will make things go much faster, I just want to become King, and I don't need pathetic girls to get in the way"

"But-", Tobias continued.

"Are you saying a son of Thane could tell me what to do? I don't need, or want your opinion so shut up!" I yelled. He immediately stiffened and dropped his head down in surrender.

"He's only trying to help", a voice inside reasoned.

But like usual I ignored it.

"Now go, I have someone I need to attain to".

- - - - - - -

I was standing in a peculiar room, I soon realized wasn't mine. No, instead of all the vibrant walls and bright atmosphere, was now replaced with dark tone colors and strange objects. The place was dimly lit and glancing once over I saw the curtains to the windowpane were closed in front of the windows.

The western wall was completely covered with shelf after shelf of books. This room was better stocked than any book store I've ever stepped in before. In the corner was a pile of forbidding objects, the kind I was afraid to touch because I'd be sure to break something, or end up killing myself. The floor was covered with a thick golden carpet, and the walls were hung with hostile pictures that I could describe as dark humor. Whoever this room belonged to, I had a feeling was not a social butterfly...

I had finally gotten the nerve to "explore" more of the bizarre room when soft voices from outside startled me.

"Shh! If anyone hears us we'll be reprimanded, you know I can't afford another U on my record or I'll be put on Magical Suspension".

"I'll never put you in that kind of situation. Trust me. Besides Toby is right, you are in dire need of some mischief", a familiar voice said.

The voices began to amplify and I soon realize that they were heading to this room.

Crap, I was rooted to the floor internally fighting whether to hide or stay.

"Well it isn't as if you just wandered in here, so it's not my fault, right?" I reasoned inside my brain. I didn't have enough time to give a counter argument when I heard the door handle open and two people walk in.

"Yeah you're probably right", a deep but soft voice sighed.

"Of course I am-", the young man responded and it was only when he gave his best arrogant smile at the girl did I realize who it was.

Kadious, the bane of my existence.

"Oh don't flatter yourself', the beautiful woman responded and I instantly grew a great liking towards her.

Anyone who tries to squash Kadious's abnormally large ego, wins a check in my books.

I continued to stand there awkwardly waiting for them to acknowledge me at some point when I realized that something was off.

"Hello?" I asked as everything seemed to make sense.

They continued to bicker with each other entirely unfazed by me speaking out.

I asked again and when nothing changed, I sort of became relieved.

What am I talking about; this is not a time to be reassured!

They couldn't see me, hear me or anything. I was invisible.

I must have zoned out because when I snapped back Kaden and his lady friend were making out. Typical, they were just arguing and now they looked as if they couldn't get enough of each other.

Reluctantly Kadious tore away from the girl and grabbed her by the hand.

"I have something for you Andromeda"

"For little old me?" she mocked.

He led her to the library of books, letting go of her hand softly and grabbing one of the lean looking volumes.

He glanced at her slightly before turning around and taking whatever was inside the book, out.

"Turn around, love" he said softly all traces of playfulness gone.

The girl who Kadious had dubbed Andromeda turned around slowly.

I saw him take out a necklace that I could have sworn blinded me. It was huge, and had me captivated.  I couldn't be sure if it was a ruby or emerald, or what. Whenever I saw it, it managed to change colors.

Whatever it was, it was the definition of a woman's best friend.

Kadious tenderly swiped away Andromeda's hair as he adjusted the pendant on her.

"Oh Kaden", she gasped as her eyes roamed the surface of the magically changing gem, and I didn't fail to see her eyes cloud up.

He kissed her neck gently.

"You like it?"

"Of course I do! Is this a Celestial stone?" she asked with evident excitement as she turned around to face the prince.

"The rarest mineral of the universe, I had to get the very best for my girl", he smirked.

She reacted by kissing him passionately, he look startled but quickly responded, grabbing her wrist and turning her around so her back faced the stakes of books.

He pressed her on the wall and kissed with a certain sweet aggression.

I turned around not needing to see them, to know where this was leading up to.

"I love you Kadious"

"I love you too"

­ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I wake with a start, my breathing coming out in heavy gasps. I wipe the sweat from my forehead and rub my eyes trying to get used to the bright light coming through my window. 

That dream was so realistic I could have sworn I was actually there.

I tried to recall what I just saw. My thoughts swept to the girl accompanied with the unusually romantic Kadious.  She was stunning in a gothic sort of way. It was evident that she was comfortable in dark colours, the only colour that radiated off her was her eyes, and of course the newly gifted necklace.

But it complimented her. She had a caramel skin tone and her long hair resided in heavy curls that cascaded toward her mid back.

And he was trying to replace her? I couldn't help to think what happened to her.

Her name seemed to ring a bell.

Andromeda, Andromeda, Andromeda.

"...So does anyone have any questions?" he said but I pretty sure he was only saying that to feign sweetness. Sure, I had loads of questions but I wasn't going to ask them, it was like inviting a mass murderer into your house for dinner. Something utterly unspeakable.

A perky brunette with abnormally good looks that made my question if she was from my native planet immediately raised her hand. Her angelic face made me want to tell her to shut up but it was too late, she didn't get the message.

"So it's true then", she asked.

"What is?" he said rolling his hazel eyes in agitation.

She looked at her friends briefly before continuing.

"You know, the rumors about what happened to Andromeda. I read in Cosmos Weekly that she was-", she started but was quieted when she spotted Kadious. I turned to look at him, soon fearing for the poor girl's life. He was obviously trying to contain his anger as he spoke.

"I believe that, that does not concern you. So I recommend that you shut your pretty little mouth up, okay?" he said clenching his jaw tightly.

Bingo.

 She must have been the cause on why this whole contest was held for.

Oddly enough she was not what I imagined.  I envisioned an energetic and sometimes annoying girl that was into material things and yet through the "dream" my thoughts seem to change that illusion on not only her but Kadious.

I heard someone cough purposefully and I groaned.

I opened my eyes to spot Kadious lying casually on the couch.

Speak of the devil...

"Oh it seems as if you're awake", he said in a suspiciously sweet voice.

'No duh, Sherlock", I thought inwardly.

He seemed to understand what I was thinking because his face hardened considerably.

He got up and strolled toward my bed standing beside me making me a little uncomfortable.

I was trying to nurse a hangover and not trying to make it noticeable. Something I was certain that I was failing miserably at.

"Oh Layla, Layla, Layla what am I going to do with you", he taunted playing with a strand hair of mine.

"Um, how about letting me go?" I muttered under my breath.

Kadious heard me and let out a surprisingly hearty laugh.

"You're so funny Lay", he chuckled.

I couldn't stop my mouth from dropping. And did he just call me Lay?

He was up to something, I felt it.

I just stayed quiet until he started talking once more.

"Well there is no point in beating around the bush. So tell me how you thought I wouldn't notice?" he asked curiously. His dark eyes seem to penetrate me, as if taunting me to lie.

"Notice what?" I asked feebly.

"Don't underestimate my intelligence Layla. It may be your life at stake", he said enigmatically.

I involuntarily gulped. I felt like a kid being scolded from their mother.

"Um- well you looked pretty 'preoccupied'", I suggested. And he certainly did look as if his hands were filled, one girl on one hand and a bottle of liquor in the other. Yes, last night he was certainly busy.

"A facade my dear, it will be very foolish if I was actually intoxicated at a party I created", he drawled.

I winced.  Although I've had hangovers before this one was way more intense, probably because of they, being demons had a high tolerability for alcohol and they needed the best to even get a little drunk.

It was crazy how a hangover could sharpen your senses so much. It felt as if I could hear a pushpin drop, smell a cupcake a mile away, and spot a dot on a clear sheet of paper. But with these new found "abilities" also came a downside. On account of the horrible headache I was having, I could also see how handsome Kadious truly was.

His black hair cascaded over one of his piercing green eyes giving him that windswept affect. I was ashamed at myself that I was gawking.  

How could I be swooning over him, especially after all the crap he's done to me?

"Can you maybe speak a little lower", I asked nicely closing my eyes as a wave of nausea came over me.

"No, I don't think I'll will", he drawled on.

Of course he wouldn't.

"But I do have something for you", he added.

"For little old me?" I responded before I realized what I was saying.

He looked at me for a second but quickly became impassive. I tried to look indifferent.

"Hm, yeah here", he said taking a vial filled with purple liquid out of his pocket and handing it to me.

"What is it", I asked suspiciously.

"Drink it and find out", he said cocking one head as if tempting me.

"And how do I know it's not going to be poison or something", I quirked.

I was half joking, half serious.

"Well you just have to trust me", he said. "And besides if I wanted to kill you, you'll know", he smirked.

I didn't doubt that he would want people to think of him before they died.  He was just that arrogant.

I opened the bottle, looking at him briefly before gulping it down praying to Merlin that I wasn't killed instantly.

Not that it was such a bad idea...

I closed my eyelids, expecting my nose to fall off, or my heart to be thrown out of my chest but the result I got shocked me further.

I felt nothing.

No pain, no headache, no hangover.

I opened my eyes in surprise.

Kadious looked at me smugly.  "It's a Hangover Potion"

"Thanks!" I said sincerely.

"Now go on and wash up"

"Why", I asked my excitement faltering. I knew there had to be an ulterior motive to his sweetness.  

"Don't question me", he said as he walked back to the couch and resumed his position on the couch.

Reluctantly I stumbled my way to the bathroom and look in the mirror. Ugh. I was such a mess. My hair was sticking in all directions and my makeup from last night was all smeared.

Typically I would have been embarrassed that someone would have seen me like this, but honestly I didn't value Kadious' opinion.  Turning to the comfortable looking bath I turned the faucet. I waited till it was filled to the brim with luke warm water before stripping down to my birthday suit and going in.

I tried to relax but knowing that the Prince of the Underworld was waiting in my room for me, preoccupied me. I was actually surprised that he wasn't mad about Kailey and I sneaking into the party.

Now that I think about it, I wasn't even sure if he knew about Kailey.

My thoughts replayed back to last night. Kailey was probably still pissed at me, but she had every right to be.

I sighed as I knew I had to apologize soon, before Kadious hosted another one of his sick games on us.

I sank deeper into the water and tried to diminish all my guilty thoughts.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

La, La, La, I continued singing a nameless song.

The warm water had turned cold long ago, yet I have refused to get out.

Okay, I admit, I was stalling. Terribly.

But I have every reason to be doing so!

I was nervous to leave the comfort of the bathroom. I was caught off guard. 

First, I wake up to see Kadious in my room, looking as if he waited all night for me to wake up. And then he had the audacity to give me a much needed Hangover Potion. It was as if me sneaking into a party was nothing.  I didn't even get a slap on the wrist.

It felt as if I was in an alternate universe and this Kadious was much more considerate, and dare I say, cuter.

With a reluctant sigh, I quickly got out of the tub and into a cozy towel.

Crap, I didn't bring any clothes, I thought bitterly.

Almost as if someone had heard me, my eyes flickered to a door I never noticed before.

With caution, I quietly breezed to the door tugging it gently to reveal the glamorous vast closet.

Sigh, I don't ever think I'll get use to this.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Thirty minutes later, I was dressed in a beautifully fitted sundress. I had hope Kadious would have gotten tired of me and left, but I could still sense his powerful presence.

Unenthusiastically I pulled the door open to see him sitting on the couch, a tome book in his hands.

He looked up mildly surprised.

"Finally, I was almost thinking you got lost", he chuckled as he swished his hand and the book vanished.

"Ha Ha, oh how I wish", I muttered under my breath.

He didn't reply, either because he didn't want to, or didn't hear.

"Now what do you want?" I asked grudgingly, not wavering from the spot I was rooted at, partly because I wanted to seem strong and secondly because I was somewhat intimidated to step any closer to him.

How ironic, eh?

"I want to get to know you better. If you do happen to win this competition I would at least know something about you" he said his dark eyes not failing to penetrate through mine.

A reasonable answer, I guess.

"Are you doing this for all the girls?" I asked.

"Yeah", he drawled but something in his eyes told me he wasn't telling the whole truth.

Slowly, he got up from the couch and headed to the door.

"Shall we?"

"Uh, sure", I asked hesitantly.

He opened the door and waited till I slowly made my way out of the door.

Oh how I wished I stayed in that bathroom for eternity.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Copyright © Valerie Lopez

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Thirsty Temptations Jen

Любовные романы

141K 11K 32
Trying something different than my normal romance stories. Although, this will still be a romance story! Layla Kinglsey had dreams of a man for 18 ye...
The Enchanter KAJAL SRIVASTAVA

Любовные романы

161K 6.3K 48
It's a love and forced marriage story of an arrogant young man and a cute dreamworld mesmerised girl.He married her forcefully,... Will they fall in...