๐†๐‘๐ˆ๐™๐™๐€๐Œ ๐Ž๐๐„ ๐’๐‡๐Ž๏ฟฝ...

By squirtle1313

I think the title could possibly give everything away about this book... xxxThe Societyxxx More

Requests?
Parties... Those Always Go Well
aftermath
Prom
Drunk
Revenge = War
The Society Returns
Loss

Another Party

507 13 12
By squirtle1313

Requested by @beamerboyx (partially)

Sam was smiling and having fun. Though he wasn't much of a party person, all of his friends being there made it a lot better. Grizz had left to play beer pong with Luke, Clarke, Jason, and a few other people. Sam was hanging out with Becca, Gordie, Helena, Elle, and Allie. They were all messing around and having a ton of fun.

"I'm going to go get a drink," Sam signed to Becca who nodded in return. Sam started for the kitchen, but he never got there. He was pushing through the crowd of people when he saw them.

Grizz and Gwen were in the kitchen kissing. Sam's heart broke at that moment. No, a better description would be shattered. Sam's heart shattered into a million pieces as tears began to gather in his eyes. He couldn't breathe as his world literally stopped.

Sam dropped his drink before pushing his way through the crowd. He tried to hold in his tears as his heart ached. Grizz was the first and only person Sam had ever let himself love. Ever since that pastor told Sam not to act on his gayness, he built walls so high that he had even stopped looking at guys. Grizz tore every last one of those walls down the same way he tore apart Sam's heart. Sam couldn't hear any pleas for him to stop as he pushed himself to his car.

Sam shut his car door. He didn't let himself break down, though. He saw Grizz running out of the house. He looked frantic as did his friends. As soon as Grizz's eyes landed on Sam's car, the shorter locked the door, cranked the car, and drove. He was in no mood or headspace to talk to the man that cheated on him with Gwen of all people. Gwen was Gruzz's best friend's ex, but it seemed like Grizz didn't know what loyalty was.

Sam drove for a few blocks before his tears blurred his vision so much that he couldn't see. He pulled off into a corner of Allie's neighborhood he hadn't seen in years. He stopped his car and broke down. He cried for all the false promises Grizz had made. He cried for the plans they had for the future. He cried for knowing that of all people Grizz chose Gwen over Sam. And most of all he cried for the fact that the man he loved cheated on him.

He rested his head against the steering wheel as he tried to catch his breath. His chest ached like someone had stabbed him in the chest and every time he took a breath someone was twisting it.

He began to cry more as he wondered how long they had been together. His chest tightened as he started to wonder who all knew. Grizz and Gwen were kissing in front of the entire party, so how many people knew about all of this and still didn't tell him.

Sam let out a heartbreaking sob when he noticed Grizz had started to call him and text him. Sam took as deep a breath as he could manage while crying before ignoring Grizz's call.

Sam knew he couldn't drive himself home in his current state, so he called the one person he knew had no idea about this whole cheating thing. His blurred vision and Grizz's constant calling made it nearly impossible for Sam to find his contact, but Sam managed to call him.

Sam's screen was black, indicating that he had just woken up his brother. Sam was in too much pain to care. Sam took a shaky breath as Campbell turned on his lamp. His hair was a mess, his eyes were squinted from the sudden bright light, and he had his comforter pulled up to his bare chest.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Campbell's eyes softened at the sight of his little brother.

"Just pick me up, please. I don't want to talk about it," Sam signed before wiping his eyes and trying to stop himself from crying. Sam's breathing was shaky as tears continued to flow down his cheeks. Campbell stood up and rested his phone on his dresser.

"Yeah, I'll be right there," Campbell signed before pulling on some jeans, "Where are you?"

"I was at Allie's party," Sam signed before signing out the nearest address he saw on a mailbox.

"Be there in like ten," Campbell signed before hanging up. Sam took a deep breath and leaned back in his car. He felt like he was drowning and he just couldn't get a breath. Every cell in his hurt like two pebbles grinding together with chips flying off in different directions.

Sam stopped crying except for the few stray tears that rolled down his cheeks. His agony was still visible in the way he held his face. It was like he physically couldn't cry anymore. Sam stared at his steering wheel as he felt the pieces of his heart crumble. He hated himself for trusting Grizz. Everyone outside of his immediate family had cut him out. They'd taken him out of their wills and for what? Just for Grizz to smash Sam's heart and stomp on the pieces.

Sam stayed deep in his thoughts until his brother pulled up in his black truck. Sam thanked Campbell as he got into the large truck.

"No problem. Can you tell me what happened?" Campbell asked as he pulled out of the neighborhood.

Sam shook his head before laying it on the window and watching the trees as they drove by. Sam turned his phone off when Grizz called again which did not go unnoticed by Campbell.

"I will bury him alive if he hurt you," Campbell nodded to Sam's phone before returning his eyes to the rode.

Sam didn't respond. He only pulled at the sleeves of his sweater. It was a nervous habit he had picked up. He did it when he wanted to lie but didn't at the same time. It was usually used in church when people would ask about his dating life or his future, but Campbell had a guess that this time it was that Grizz had harmed his little brother.

Sam went to bed and didn't get up the next morning. He stayed in bed all day and left his phone shut off on his nightstand. He refused to look at it and see Grizz's explanation. Mostly because Sam knew Grizz was the one person who could talk him out of anything.

Part of Sam wanted answers, the other part wanted to stay in his cacoon forever. For the moment being, the cacoon and forever was winning. Which is why Sam dove under his pile of blankets when his bedroom door opened.

Campbell lightly pulled on the blanket Sam was under. Sam poked his head out to see Campbell set some ice cream onto his nightstand. Sam uttered a small thankyou before grabbing the ice cream and going back to his cacoon.

Campbell was downstairs watching television when he heard the doorbell ring. Campbell groaned loudly. He figured it was one of Sam's annoying friends. As much as Campbell loved his brother, the same could not be said for his friends.

Sam had been in his bed all day and was in no shape for guests. So Campbell threw his popcorn to the side and shuffled over to the door. He opened it expecting Becca or his cousin Allie, maybe Will, but never in one million years would he have expected who was standing at the front door.

Grizz stood there in a sweatshirt that was at least a size too small and some sweatpants. His eyes were puffy and his hair was going in every direction but the right one. He had on a grey beanie to try and cover it up. He had faint dark circles under his eyes. His eyes were bloodshot and his hands were shoved into his pockets.

Despite the brunette's awful state, Campbell still went into protective big brother mode. He crossed his arms and pulled the door closer to his body in hopes that if Sam left his nest of blankets and pillows he wouldn't see the boy at the front door.

"You need to go," Campbell said harshly.

"I need to talk to Sam," Grizz said. His voice was hoarse and gravelly as if he hadn't used it in hours.

"That's not what Sam needs right now so you can forget it," Campbell pulled the door even closer to being shut.

"I just- Please, let me talk to him," Grizz said giving up on whatever explanation he had planned to give Campbell.

"Look, Grizz, I don't need your sob story or the story of whatever happened last night. Sam is in worse shape than you. He doesn't need to talk to you, he needs to forget about you," Campbell said.

"Look if you don't let me in the front door, I can just get in through a window," Grizz said as he buried his hands further into his pockets obviously uncomfortable.

"Why the hell should I trust that you just won't hurt him worse than whatever you did last night?" Campbell asked, "I have never seen my brother more broken than he was last night."

It seemed like what Campbell said hit Grizz. As if the fact that Grizz hurt Sam, hurt Grizz, "Just please, I need to explain to him what he saw," Grizz said as he looked on the verge of giving up.

"If you hurt him again, nobody will find your body," Campbell growled before letting Grizz in, "You have seven minutes starting now," Campbell said as he shut the door.

Grizz ran up the stairs without another word.

Sam had finished the bowl of ice cream his brother brought him and he was cuddling with their dog. They had gotten Miguel around seven years ago when Sam was unusually depressed. The dog was the first pet to follow the bird that had died a year prior to Sam's meningitis.

Sam's head was laying on Miguel's back as he petted the dog. Sam let out a small groan when he sees his door opening. Assuming it's Campbell coming in to ask him what happened last night, he looks back to the dog and rubbed him gently. Sam looked up confused when he felt the weight shift on his bed.

Grizz was sitting on his bed. Grizz was in his room. Why the hell was Grizz sitting on his bed in his room? Granted, Grizz looked just about as bad as Sam felt, if that was possible, but Sam did not want to see the older male.

Sam's face hardened as he signed, "What are you doing here?"

"We need to talk," Grizz signed.

"What is there to talk about?" Sam signed angrily as he sat up, "Why don't you go build your new life with Gwen until you decide to cheat on her too." Sam would have continued, but Grizz gently placed his hands on top of Sam's. It was something the two would do when the other was freaking out over something small, or just not letting the other get a single word in. Sam retracted from Grizz's touch. Miguel noticed this and rested his head in Sam's lap.

"Gwen kissed me, Sam. I shoved her off, but you had already run," Grizz signed, "Sam, I love you. I would never do anything like that to anyone; especially not you. If you still don't believe me ask Gwen or Clarke. Clarke saw it happen and Gwen was overly embarrassed about it,"

Sam wanted so badly to believe Grizz, but he kept the skeptic face on. He needed to be sure Grizz was serious.

"Sam. I am as gay as they come," Grizz signed, "Did you really think that after everything I would cheat on you? An of all people, Gwen?"

Sam let a faint smile run across his face as a tear slid down his cheek. Sam hugged Grizz tightly. He was so glad he made a huge deal over nothing.

I am so so sorry that I haven't updated since April. I've had the world's worst case of writer's block for all of my (published) works. Anyway, recently people have been reading my older stories and I really wanted to finish them.

And since I still don't have any ideas or inspiration for my final and third book in my book series, I've been revisiting my one-shot books. I combed through my old drafts(ideas) for this book and found a few that could combine.

@beamerboyx 's idea and this idea being one of those. Because if I'm honest, I never would have had the idea of Campbell being a good brother on my own, so thankyou @beamerboyx !!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 20.1K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
282K 9.5K 107
She was a capitol elite. He was the youngest victor in history. Their friendship was frowned upon, but their love was forbidden. Extended Summary Ins...
612K 9.5K 88
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
185K 5K 42
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...