Parachute | Harry Styles Shor...

By cheriecherieboo

When Blue starts a four-week writing program, she doesn't expect to become quick friends with the moody stude... More

1 - How Convenient!
2 - You Better!
4 - I'm Sorry!
5 - It Hurts!
6 - Zarry!
7 - No!
8 - Betrayal!
9 - Calm Down!
10 - That's Life!
11 - Holiday, Part 1!
12 - Holiday, Part 2!
Happy Valentine!
When Harry met Ma!
My Baby!
My Baby Part 2!
Blue & Harry!
The Styles!
Very Preggers!
Best Dad!
Milf & Dilf hours!
Babymoon - Instagram Stories
Happy Birthday H!

3 - Well done!

5K 240 129
By cheriecherieboo

BSL, Verbal Speech.

Harry stands alone outside the archaic building, watching people pass him by and waiting for Blue to join him before they can walk in together.

It is unnerving with the people briskly walking past and moving their mouths at him. He guesses they're being cordial and saying hello so he keeps a small smile on his face, just to appear polite.

They better be saying polite stuff and not passing comments at him for just standing there, he thinks to himself.

He gets out his phone to double check the last text and basically the only message Blue has sent since last night, she'll meet him in front of the building thirty minutes before their class. He returns his phone into his pocket and keeps waiting, trying not to get impatient.

Someone walks over to him and he frowns, wondering if he knows this person and if she's coming directly to speak to him. Harry shifts a little bit, resting his shoulder against the wall and this older looking lady smiles at him.

This is Scottish-Japanese Paula from class, he remembers seeing her being all cherry and quirky and he wants nothing to do with her. Not in a rude way, he'd just rather avoid certain interactions than embarrass himself.

This woman has started speaking and he can see it but she might be worse than Blue in speed talking. He keeps his small smile and she returns the smile.

Paula stands before him and plants her feet on the ground. The woman is still talking and this is getting a little too uncomfortable because she's clearly rambling.

Paula does not get a response from him and taps Harry on the shoulder, slightly irritating him.

He looks at her and watches her say something. He internally groans and steadies himself.

"Do you want something?" Harry slowly signs.

Paula frowns in confusion herself and says another long strain of words he cannot make out.

"I don't understand you, what the hell?," he responds. "I can't hear you, stop talking."

Just as Paula is about to say more Blue walks over to them.

Blue frowns, taking out her earphones as she watches Harry physically cringing as he towers a small and loud Paula. She quickly joins them, wearing a polite smile and wondering what the hell the woman is doing to piss Harry off.

"Hey guys!" Blue says and signs at them.

The research of last night and tutorial videos online helped her pick a few more words to memory.

Hopefully she remembers them and is able to keep up with Harry. He looks rather pretty in his dark coloured jumper and she wonders why he tends to look prettier rather than handsome.

There's a general softness to his features and she tries not to stare too much at him. Staring at him makes her very uncomfortable, not in a bad way, just uncomfortable.

"Great. We have been trying to communicate here," Paula smiles at her.

Harry gives Blue a look and smiles her way, she looks beautiful early in the day. He doesn't know if it's too soon to hug or if she's into hugging friends. He gives a small wave her way and keeps the smile on his face.

"Tell her, I cannot understand her, it's embarrassing," he signs.

"He doesn't understand what you've been saying. What's up?" Blue says.

"I just wanted to know how he did with the assignment, I have probably failed this whole course at this point," Paula shakes her head and giggles at Harry.

He doesn't know why she's giggling and he gives a light chuckle in confusion. Just stop this and leave.

"Anyway, see you guys in class!"

Paula cheers and walks away. Finally.

Blue stands in front of Harry with a guilty smile, knowing she kept him waiting and allowed someone pester him with whatever she might have been saying.

This is probably the time to impress him with the little she learned yesterday.

"I'm sorry, friend," Blue calmly signs and speaks.

Harry frowns, fighting a smile. That was probably the most adorable thing he's seen her do in his short time of knowing her and he goes along with it.

"What for?" he wonders.

"Shit," she signs the cuss word and rolls her eyes.

Of course, she hasn't gone that far. The memories of old words float in her head but practice makes perfect they say.

"Go on, answer in sign and show off your new knowledge," Harry continues to taunt her.

"I'm sorry, friend!" Blue signs with a frown.

Harry laughs a little and decides to respond "Why are you sorry, Blue?"

"I kept you waiting," she verbally responds.

Harry slowly nods in acceptance.

"What else did you happen to learn?"

"Oh!" Blue gets excited. "I am your friend."

"Shocker," he rolls his eyes.

"You are not nice," she frowns a little.

Blue is about to start walking away from him when he tenderly cups her shoulders, holding her back and staring at her face.

Harry quickly averts his admiring eyes and clears his throat, he doesn't want to be an asshole to someone who decided to brush up her signing skills probably just for him or probably because she realised how important it is.

Either way, it's a sweet thing and the effort is admirable.

"I'm sorry," he signs to her.

"And?" she smiles.

"I'm an asshole," Harry mouths his words as he signs.

This makes Blue's heart flutter and she smiles in joy.

Why in the world is someone she's just getting to know making her feel these many feelings already?

She clears her throat in an attempt to act cool and not annoy him by urging him to say something

"I forgive you," she says. "Ready for class?"

"Not ready to fail my assignment," he frowns.

"I read your synopsis, please you're okay,"

Blue pauses and looks around. It is rather unusual seeing him all by himself.

"Expecting someone?" he taps her to get her attention.

"Where's Luce?" she roughly signs without the name.

"I wanted to be alone today," Harry smiles in pride.

Blue takes note of how good this makes him feel and she doesn't bother probing further. She checks the time and stretches out her hand to him with a smile.

"Shall we?" she asks.

Harry giggles and takes her hand in his.

Together they walk into the building and head to the lift, this is already way better than Luce hovering around him.

There is something comforting as they head to class in silence. He doesn't feel the need to perform emotions or prove anything just yet with this new friendship.

Maybe she's just truly nice and can be a sincerely kind person, he thinks to himself.

He doesn't want to believe she's pretending to be nice only to turn around and hurt him later on. He panics and releases his hand from hers.

Blue turns to him and gently puts a hand on his shoulder. He unintentionally flinches and calmly looks at her, apologetic.

"Are you okay?" she asks with one of the few signs she's fluent in.

"Don't worry about me," he quickly signs and looks away.

Blue says nothing and they continue walking to class side by side.

The class is calm as other classmates walk in.

Paula waves at them with a smile and continues chatting with another classmate who also smiles at them. Blue goes to her seat next to the window and Harry decides to sit down next to her.

He is deeply nervous to do this without Luce but he wants to believe he can do this.

At least he can try it for today and just see how it goes. Doctor Bell walks into the class with a bright smile on her face and looks around with a small frown.

"Morning class," she sets her things on the table.

"Morning miss!" Paula responds.

"I prefer Professor or Doctor actually," she says and looks at Harry. "Where's Luce?"

Harry smiles realising he read her lips to understand what was just asked and he looks at Blue before choosing to respond.

"It's just me today," he signs.

Doctor Bell nods and smiles, impressed.

"Just you? That's lovely," she responds speaking and signing.

Harry sits up super stoked and amazed. "You sign?"

"Of course I do, I'm a teacher for all," Doctor Bell chuckles and signs her response.

Blue and Harry exchange a look of sheer joy.

This might be easier than expected but this makes Harry wonder why he needed Luce anyway since his professor signs and understands sign language.

The woman turns on the projector and gets out her laptop, smiling at the screen and glancing through the submitted assignments.

"You students are amazing," she speaks and signs.

"I'm sure that does not include me," Paula chuckles, glancing at her new buddies Harry and Blue.

"Don't say that," Blue shakes her head. "We all did our best."

"Honey, speak for yourself. My wife read my assignment and asked me to quit the class," Paula laughs.

"Don't make me laugh at you," Blue responds.

Harry is a little uncomfortable being in the middle of this conversation but he doesn't want to make it seem like he has to be part of every chat Blue is involved in.

Sometimes it's just easier to know what's happening around you even if you don't want to be directly involved.

He looks at Blue and she catches the timid look on his face. Blue realises she has excluded him from the conversation and she gently taps his table to get his attention.

"What's up?" she smiles.

"Waiting to know how bad I failed the assignment," he responds.

Blue points at Paula for him before she speaks. "Paula also thinks she failed,"

Harry turns to Paula who slowly nods in agreement and slows down her speech for him to read her lips.

Not in a condescending way but in an actually useful way.

"We are both failing buddies, Harry," she says.

Harry smiles "We should demand a refund after this class,"

"Okay that looks so advanced for me to understand," Paula says, panicking.

"He says you should demand a refund and you need to watch some online videos," Blue chuckles.

"You know I've been so ignorant, I should learn BSL," Paul agrees.

"You should. All of you think you don't need it and it's annoying, not all of us read lips." Harry replies.

"A lot of things would be easier if we dropped our pride," Blue cannot help but agree with him.

Doctor Bell walks around the class with a folder in hand, giving everyone their personal review of their assignments.

Harry anxiously waits because he remembers getting a little too personal in his short story but also stayed a little vague.

He remembers Blue also deciding to go a bit personal but scared to overshare. He knows she's dealt with a few bad things in her past but he has no idea what that's about.

They've both walked through fire in life and have somehow come out better than before. He can't say he's doing way better than before but at least he's willingly having a conversation with not just one but two hearing people.

The Harry of a year ago would have chewed his own arm before interacting with anybody that's not his therapist or mother, but it's refreshing to see a little growth happen to him.

When he looks up, he sees Doctor Bell staring at him with that warm smile of hers and she also looks at Blue before placing the folder on his table.

"You two have become friends, right?" she asks, speaking and signing.

"Yeah," Blue says with a nod.

Harry slowly nods with a small smile.

"Did you work together?" Doctor Bell specifically asks Harry.

"We only shared synopsis," he answers.

"Well, your short stories are beautiful. Amazingly personal and delicately relatable at the same time," she continues, signing and speaking.

"Oh wow," Blue looks at Harry, amazed.

"You share similar themes of wanting to break free and taking back control of your lives, amazing work guys, such clever work." Doctor Bell finishes up.

Harry feels all the emotions he can feel at once and desperately fights his tears.

"Thank you...thank you," he signs, heartfelt.

Blue gently reaches to touch his hand with a smile of hers.

"Well done," she smoothly signs, intentionally learning that to say it to him.

Harry fully blushes. "Did you learn that just for me? Please say yes,"

"I actually did. I knew your work was going to be great," Blue giggles.

"Okay now you're just being kind," Harry smiles

"You're a great writer, accept it," she tells him.

Harry gently places a palm on her laptop and sighs.

"The work you're keeping there is amazing."

"You don't know that," she rolls her eyes, knowing she's yet to share her work with him.

"It's coming from you, so I know that," Harry is serious.

Blue slowly nods, deciding to stay silent. Harry gives her an encouraging smile and turns to Paula, tapping her table to get her full attention because she's chatting away with someone else.

Paula turns to him with a smile. "Waddup classmate?"

"Not your failing buddy," he signs, bubbly.

"He's not your failing buddy!" Blue cheers.

"Wow, well done! Well done!" Paula is excited and immediately stops.

"What's wrong?" Blue asks.

"Harry, how do I sign well done to you?" she slowly points at him after asking.

"Well done," Harry mouths before signing. "Well done!"

Paula gently repeats the action and he gives her two thumbs up with a smile. He turns to Blue who cannot stop smiling at their mini interaction and lightly nudges her.

"Apparently, we're clever," he grins. "I won't let that go just yet."

"We're cool kids," Blue nods in agreement.

Doctor Bell decides to address the class and signals to get all their attention.

"I'll be holding personal reviews with others, today's mainly about feedback and giving you all notes," she speaks and signs.

Blue wonders if she can use this time to check her emails for any replies but with the way things have been lately, there's no point begging for a reply.

There's the offer to send her mother a writing sample and give in to the help offered but she's not sure if she's ready for that. Harry on the other hand wants to take advantage of this free time.

"What do you want to do with this free time?" he decides to ask.

"There's a short film I wanted you to see," she replies.

"I'm not into films," he rolls his eyes.

"No, you said in the text that you avoid cinema films," Blue stresses, getting out her laptop.

"They are clearly not for me," Harry frowns.

Over texts they discussed the lack of inclusion in certain cinema films that often show without subtitles and don't provide access for deaf and hard of hearing people.

He doesn't want to call himself an activist but he's very pissed at how not welcomed he feels in some cinemas and he doesn't want to bother with some films.

"This is a short film with subtitles," she places the laptop before him.

"How long is it?" he asks.

"Less than 15 minutes," she replies.

Harry calms down and allows her start the film. He winces wondering what to expect and Blue watches him with a smile on her face.

It's a sweet short film with suitable subtitles that make it easy for him to follow.

As he watches with full attention, she admires his features and finds herself realising she might be physically attracted to him.

It feels like a wind of realisation is swirling around her and it feels super weird. Yes, he's bloody good looking but she's seeing him in a different way.

In proper full physical attraction beyond merely admiring his looks. His large eyes are super aware and plainly gorgeous.

Something about how curious and interested he constantly looks makes her feel a little warm on the inside.

"Oh shit," Blue mutters to herself, realising she's attracted to Harry.

Harry pauses the laptop and turns to her.

"Can I ask for spoilers?" he frowns.

Blue pauses just staring at him and landing her eyes on his full lips.

The moment he mouthed a word did a number on her and she felt arrested watching his mouth move.

Harry stares at her and takes note of her bare features.

The smoothness of her dark skin is endearing and the way her eyes tenderly stare at him does something to him.

It feels too soon but something about this moment lets the two of them instinctively know what the other person is thinking.

"I didn't understand the last thing you signed," she says.

"Spoilers," Harry stresses with a low groan.

"Hey, were you about to say something?" she gasps.

"Tell me what happens in the film," he rolls his eyes.

Blue realises what he signed and she face palms, her sign knowledge is not as great as she thought.

"Spoilers? No way" Blue calmly replies.

"Well, I'm done watching," he protests.

"What? How can I give you spoilers?" she fights a smile.

"I get anxious when watching things," Harry explains.

"Oh come on, it's a short film," she cannot believe this.

"You cannot make me watch it," he continues his protest.

"Wow," Blue leans on her chair. "I have to stand by my values."

Harry continuously nudges her with a smirk.

"What happens at the end?" he asks.

"I don't know," Blue responds, signing.

Just as she's done, he gently grips her wrists, catching her as she's done signing.

They share a knowing smile for a moment with her wrists gently held in his hands. He makes a face, wondering what's she doing with her layman signing but doesn't want to admit he's enjoying totally messing with her.

Harry knows he cannot communicate when his hands are busy holding hers and she's the one waiting to see what happens now.

"What are you doing, Harry?" she asks, softly.

He sheepishly lets go of her hands and looks away.

A good number of students and Paula have all left the class, going after Doctor Bell for their personal reviews and feedback.

Harry keeps his eyes away from Blue and feels her a finger on his jawline. The touch sends a feeling down his spine and he slowly turns to stare at her, mouth agape in awe of how she suddenly makes him feel.

Where in the world is this coming from? They're barely friends, so what's with these new feelings?

"We have no class next Monday," she slowly says.

"I know," he responds.

"Do you have any plans on that day?" Blue is careful with where she's going.

"Do you want to ask something?" Harry gets a hint.

Blue clears her throat and sits up, a little nervous.

"Do you want to come over to mine for drinks?"

Harry feels his anxiety already starting a party in him and he slowly sits up, wondering what he's supposed to respond with.

Is she asking as a friend or is it possible they suddenly found themselves attracted to the other person at the same time?

He parts his mouth and quickly bites down his lip, it's too soon to attempt that. Nobody wants to hear that. The last time was a disaster, just stop it.

"I'll think about it and text you," he gives an honest answer.

"Okay," it's all Blue can say.

Blue awkwardly reaches for her laptop realising he's not continuing with the short film and he quickly stops her with a frown.

"What are you doing?" he asks. "Don't ruin my short film moment!"

"I'm so done with you!"

"We can watch another one when I come for drinks," Harry smiles and returns his attention to the short film.

Getting the answer she wants, Blue nods in agreement and allows him continue with the short film.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 93 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
101K 3.8K 51
Bart had just start going to school with jaime and is excited but what if school isn't what he thought it was supposed to be. That changes when he me...
319 46 33
School doesn't teach you how to handle your feelings! Paradice meets Mr Nike on the first day of school. What she doesn't know is that her subconsio...
2K 80 20
Between having no friends in college, to hating her mother's fiancé and constantly being humiliated by popular girl Henrietta, Verity doesn't think h...