Falling for a Freak (Ford x R...

By Abigail12G

It all started on the first day of sixth grade In Glass Shard Beach, New Jersey. Ford and Stan Pines were ha... More

New Year, New Friends
The Beach is Full of Surprises
A/N
A/N
Some Things Never Change
It's All or Nothing
Running for Our Lives
A/N

F*ck You, Crampelter

544 21 5
By Abigail12G

Your POV
It had been three weeks since we officially became the Mystery Trio, going on adventures, helping Stanley not fail his classes, you know, normal friend things, but there was only one minor difficulty... I didn't think of Ford as just a friend. Each day I saw him, the feelings got more and more intense, my mind drowning me in unlikely scenarios that involved him and I together, but luckily I was good a at hiding my inner turmoil.
It was Thursday after school and we were all hanging out by the weird possum statue that was given to us by some weird town called Echo Creek. Stanley was laying down on its back while Ford and I were sitting at its feet doing homework, the cold granite relaxing me and calming my nerves. Ford chewed the eraser of a pencil, trying to come up with the answer for a problem on our algebra homework, articulating all the possible solutions in his head. He groaned, scarring Stanley and causing him to fall off of the statue and got his head on the concrete, landing right next to me. Stanley rubbed the back of his head and glared at Ford, cursing under his breath. I looked over at Fordsie, forcing down my blush as best as I could and adjusting his glasses for him, giving him a gentle smile. He moaned, slamming his face in his backpack and screaming at the top of his lungs.
"What's wrong with him?" Stan asked, leaning over to me and whispering.
I shrugged, going back to my almost finished homework, only having two more problems left. I brushed away the broken graphite pieces and got to work, my mind buzzing with knowledge and nerdiness. I felt a dribble of sweat trickle down my neck as the twins watched over my shoulder, eyeing my pencil and the swift movements it made. Ford's breath blew on my neck, my cheeks becoming rosy and my arms getting goosebumps.
"And done!" I cheered, lifting up my paper proudly.
"Ho-, d-, ugh," Ford attempted saying, the words physically not being able to come out of his nerdy mouth.
"You gonna be okay there, buddy?" I giggled, taking his glasses off of his face and putting them on mine.
"How, just, how?" he asked, squinting at me because he couldn't see without his glasses.
I grabbed his paper, explaining how the processes work and how her needed to do a couple more steps than btw was already taking. It took a bit of time, but he got the concept. . . eventually. He finished doing his last problem, his eyes lighting up with great joy, laying down next to Stanley and letting out a sigh of satisfaction, calmly closing his eyes. Before Stan and I knew it, Ford was sleeping, his curly hair all ruffled and messed up. Gosh, he's cute even when he's sleeping! I thought, pushing up his glasses so they were on the bridge of his nose. Stan sat up suddenly, scooting so close to me that our legs were touching. It didn't bother me, though, for some reason. I guess I just thought that Lee was more like a brother to me than a normal teenage boy, so I think I was just more comfortable around him than most his my age. His skin was warm, passing right up against mine and transferring body heat. We sat in silence, staring across the road at the neighboring houses, nature sending us its beautiful chorus of songbirds and oncoming traffic. It was peaceful, and for a moment, everything in my mind washed away. All my worries, all my problems, gone in a snap. Then, Stanley without warning asked me a question that caught me off guard.
"You have a crush on my brother, don't you?"

Stanley POV
Her face immediately turned red, awkwardly rubbing the back of her neck and avoiding eye contact at all costs, almost having a heart attack hearing my question. Damn, she's cute when she blushes, I thought, becoming a little flushed myself, sheepishly smirking at her.
"I-i don't know what you are talking about," she stuttered, spitting out the words like they were a bad taste in her mouth.
"C'mon, Y/N, it's obvious," I informed, nudging her with my elbow.
She glanced at the ground for a second, gathering all of her thoughts together before looking up at me with those gorgeous e/c eyes of hers. She looked partially embarrassed, but also really confused at the same time, tapping the side of her thigh. Eventually, she sighed, looking over at me, a defeated sparkle in her eyes, massively cringing as she thought about something for a couple more seconds.
"Is it really obvious?" she asked, snapping her eyes shut and probably hoping my answer was no.
"Yes, definitely, absolutely!" I answered, Y/N snickering and punching me in the arm.
I winced, lightly chuckling when Y/N leaned her head on my shoulder and cuddled up next to me, her eyes fluttering like she was about to fall asleep.  All of my muscles froze up, blushing like a moron and nervously giggling, having a major panic attack and trying to remember to breathe properly.  She nuzzled her face into the side of my arm, curling up like a little hedgehog into a ball, her warm skin making me feel a little drowsy.  My eyes grew heavy, the world around me turning black like ink, resting my head on top of Y/N's.  Everything around me became silent, the black some of darkness closing in around me, my last moment of consciousness slipping away into the realm of dreams.
"Goodnight, Stan," she mumbled, all of her dead weight plopping on my arm.
" Goodnight, Star Dream," I replied, an intense feeling of relaxation flooding over me, the world fading until it was a void of nothingness.

Ford POV
All I remember is floating in darkness, no worries or problems overwhelming me when suddenly a loud cackle woke me up, a dreadful gut feeling telling me that something bad was going to happen.  When I opened my eyes, I saw the one and only Crampelter and his goons towering over us menacingly, a wicked gleam of joy shining in his ugly eyes, a sheen off sweat forming I  the back of my neck.  Stanley and Y/N looked startled, too, seeming to be gathering their senses and preparing for the ultimate battle between Crampelter and his goons against the Mystery Trio.  We all stood up, standing side by side in a fighters stance, ready to fight him.
"Oh my God," he laughed, tears coming into his eyes.  "I don't know what's funnier, the fact that you guys are trying to stand up to me, or the fact that you freaks think you have a chance!"
"Get lost!" Stan yelled, pudding himself up to try to intimidate Crampelter.
Crampelter laughed, picking Stan up by the collar of his shirt and shoving him to the ground, Stan moaning on impact.  Then he turned to me, grinning his vile grin and taking off my glasses, throwing them to the ground and stomping on them, the crackle our glass shattering filling my ears as I tried to punch him, but failed tremendously.  He stopped my fist and held it, shoving it into my face so I punched myself instead of him.  The only one of us left standing was Y/N, and there was not a drop of fear in her, making her even more terrifying than Crampelter himself.  Her lumbered over to her, growling like a rabid beast ready to attack.  Y/N kept her calm, though, giving him a sarcastic smirk.
"So, the weather's nice today, wouldn't you say?" she asked jokingly, crossing her arms and giving him a 'yeah, I just said that' look.
He yelled, grabbing a rock and chucking it at the wall, the tiny pieces scattering on the ground as it smashed against the brick and fell to it's inevitable resting place.
"Listen here, you little bitch, I want to know how you did it," he demanded, pointing his finger right in front of her face. 
"How I did what?" she questioned, beginning to seem genuinely confused and frightened.
"You know what," he barked, grabbing her wrist firmly and pulling her toward him.
She tried to resist, using all her might to keep her feet planted on the ground, but that just made it worse, the momentum spiralling back at her and causing her to faceplant on the concrete.  Crampelter laughed, squatting down and grabbing the collar of her shirt, yanking her up to the point where their faces were only a few centimeters apart.  She gulped, a still uneasiness floating in the air alongside the silence, heavy breathing echoing through the quiet surroundings.
"I-i really d-don't know what you are t-talking about, I s-swear," she stuttered, tears flooding into her precious eyes.
"How did you know about that thing with my family?" he shouted, standing up and shoving get into the opossum statue.
"I don't know, something just told me in my gut," she said, cowering back in fear.
I had never seen her so afraid, so in distress before, I just wanted to run up and hug her and tell her that everything world be okay, but even I knew that was a lie.  A tear trickled down her face, the tip of her chin twitching rapidly, her hands shaking uncontrollably.  Before I even knew what happened, Crampelter smacked her across the face with the ball of his hand, a high pitched yelp coming from Y/N.
"Y/N!" Lee and I shouted, running to her side and examining her cheek where she had been hit.
Crampelter laughed, his goons doing the same.  Tears ran down her face like a river of sorrow, burying her head into my chest and hugging me tightly.  A new sense of rage burned from within me, igniting an inferno of fury that could kill with just a glance, running through my veins like a raging river during a storm.  Crampelter began to walk away, my fists clenched into right balls, getting angrier by the second that he didn't party for what he did.  Y/N sniffled, nuzzling my shirt and hugging me tighter, looking up art me with sad little puppy eyes, breaking my heart into a thousand pieces, feeding the flame that was growing inside of me.  Suddenly, without warning, I stood up, glaring at Crampelter's back as he lumbered into the distance, acting like everything was just fine.  I'll show him, I thought, taking a deep breath as the words poured out of my mouth.
"Fuck you, Crampelter, you should just die in the little hole that you came from!" I yelled, realizing that what I had just said was an enormous mistake.
Gasps echoed around me, a muffled cheer coming from Y/N, who was smirking sheepishly and giving me a thumbs up, along with an unnecessary wink.  Crampelter stopped in his tracks, veering his head and shooting daggers into my eyes, huffing like a bull when it is about to run you over.  He stomped over to me, courage somehow replacing the fear that used to roam, making me feel like a whole new person.  He towered over me, the shadow that was cast over my body making clear of what my inevitable fate was to be.  He hissed, breathing angrily and grabbing me by my shirt, dragging me off the ground.
"What did you say, you little twerp?" he asked, ready to punch me at any moment when Y/N butted into the conversation and v made things more interesting.
"He told you to go fuck yourself," she responded, tossing a pebble at his forehead and making it, " so why don't you just run along and get started while you still can."
He growled, throwing me on the ground and muttering something under his breath, signaling his goons to go on home, getting on their bikes and riding into the sunset, Y/N flipping them off while they were doing so.  I moaned, standing up and dusting myself off, a blinding pain shooting through my shoulder.  At that moment, I realized I could barely see, my glasses broken and unusable.  I sighed, putting my face in my hands and mentally malfunctioning, trying to think up of a thousand excuses that I would say to my mother as to explain how this happened when I felt a light tap on my shoulder, which was soon followed by a hug when I turned around.  Even though the person was blurry, I could tell it was Y/N by her soft h/c hair brushing up against my neck, her warm arms pulling me closer so that we were basically snuggling while standing up, but I didn't mind; she was cute and I had a crush on her, so it didn't bother me at all, I actually enjoyed it a lot.  I hugged her back, breathing in her smell of a campfire on a cold winter's night in the middle of nowhere and cinnamon, relaxing my always stiff muscles.  She pulled back, holding me by the shoulders and giving me a heartwarming smile, her eyes still puffy from the crying that she did.  Then, she pulled something from out of her back pocket and put it on my face, the whole world becoming visible again, noticing how beautiful she was and blushing madly, observing the crack on the top left corner on the the left lense.
"There, that's better," she said, putting her hands on her hips and leaning to one side.  "I'm proud of you, Fordsie, you stood up to Crampelter when no one else would.  Thank you, Stanford, I really appreciate what you did."
She hugged me again before I could respond, taking in every perfect detail before closing my eyes and hugging her back, a sudden feeling of relief washing over me like a tidal wave.  I felt another set of arms wrap around us, opening one of my eyes and seeing it was Stan, who for some reason was blushing.
"I'm glad that you are friends with us, Y/N, I don't know what we would do without you," Lee said, surprising me because he usually wasn't the sentimental type.
"Yeah, I'm glad I'm friends with you nerds, too, I don't think I would be able to live without you guys," she responded, squeezing us tighter as a layer of tears came into her eyes, trying to get rid of them.
I layed my head on her shoulder, glancing up at her breathtaking beauty and sighing, closing my eyes again while a stream of thoughts entered my mind.  I'm glad you're our friend, too, Y/N, I thought, I don't know what I would do without you, not because I want you, but because I need you.

I love you, Y/N.

A/N: hello my peeps, how has life been for you?  Anyway, I hope you liked the chapter, and if you have any ideas or suggestions, just comment on the story and I will check it out.  Sorry if it took a while, guys, I've just been super busy with haven't had a lot of time to work on this.  Don't get coronavirus, stay alive, don't give up on yourself, and strive to be a better person each and every day.  Okay, see you nerds soon.  Byyye!

This chapter is dedicated to CastielBee, she has been an amazing friend and helped me see the true meaning of writing again.  She is full of love and joy and wisdom, I don't know what I would do without her.  She is also awesome at writing so you should go check out her stories, they are really good.  I honestly love her with all of my heart and would do anything for her.  She is my best friend, and I wouldn't change a thing about her.  She is smart and funny, and she is the best person I have ever met.  And I just want to let you know, CastielBee, don't give up on yourself, don't feel like you are worthless, don't feel like nobody is there for you, and don't let people's opinions get the best of you.  You are special, and don't forget that.

-Gail

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261K 8.4K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
1.1M 46K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1.1M 49.6K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
967K 36.6K 87
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...