But I love her

By Just_peachy21

Adrien Dunlap is the son of the famous Conor Dunlap, football star. Conor wants him to follow in his footstep... More

Before you read
Character aesthetics
2~the fight
3~Aria
4~dinner
5~the park
6~hospital
7~picnic
8~thursday
9~pep rally
10~game time
11~barbecue
12~kathy
13~urge
14~headache
15~date
16~drama
17~dance
18~defense
19~clear
20~hickey
21-planning
22~surprise
23~steak 'n shake
24~homecoming
25~homecoming
26~max
27~ october 29 pt.1
28~october 29 pt.2
Epilouge
Last authors note

1~news

478 14 0
By Just_peachy21

"Nice play boys bring it in!" Coach yelled. We all hustle to coach. "Y'all did great at practice today and as we all know school starts tomorrow." The whole team groans. "No complaining education is important and whoever complains will run extra laps tomorrow. Now with that being said, break it out on Adrien and hit the showers."

"On three!" I yelled "one, two, three, Jaguars!" The whole team joined in. We all ran to the locker room to shower and head home.

"Hey can I come over?" I asked my best friend, Maverick.

"Sure dude."

"Thanks," I said as I limped over to the bench.

"Dude, what happened?"

"Just rolled my ankle. Should be fine, just needs some ice." I changed into my regular clothes and went out to my truck. I'm probably gonna get to Maverick's house before he does. Thankfully I've known him forever and I can just barge into his house whenever I want.
***
"Hey Mrs. Thompson," I announced as I walked, or should I say limped, through the door. She was in the kitchen cooking dinner.

"What on God's good earth has got you limping?" She asked, pointing a wooden spoon at me. Yep, she's a southern mama alright.

"I just rolled my ankle," I answered.

"You need ice. I'll get you some frozen peas." She handed me a bag of frozen peas, she claims they work better than a bag of ice. I walked up to Maverick's room and laid on his bed until he got here. 
***
"Hey man, " Maverick said as he walked in his room. "I see my mom has got you fixed up."

"Yeah, dude hand me the controller," he picked up the Xbox controllers and handed one to me. We got on call of duty and played for hours and just talked.

My phone starts ringing. It's my dad. "Hey dad."

"Don't 'Hey Dad' me. Where are you?" He asked.

"Maverick's"

"You need to come home, do you have any idea what today is?" He yelled through the phone. I checked my phone. Oh crap it's the day my grandma comes home. "Get home now or you're grounded."

"Yes sir," I ended the call. I reluctantly got off the bed and limped over to my shoes.

"What'd your dad want?"

"Grandma Emery"

"Oh" He knows how weird she can get. While I love her to death and I wouldn't trade her for the world, she can be really weird and get on my nerves.

"Yeah, I'll call you later"

"Dude, you really need to rest that. If you don't it could get worse."

***
I got home just before Grandma Emery did, just in time for my dad to yell at me. Once my lecture is over I go to my room. I hear the front door open. "Come here son!" My dad yelled from the kitchen.

"Hi Granny Em," I said, kissing her cheek.

"Hi darling. Are you still single?" Of course she asked that. Her favorite subject is my love life. She says I need to find myself the perfect girl and 'if Ganny Em don't accept her she's not the perfect girl'.

"Yes ma'am"

"Of course you are. You're just like your father only cares about his career"

"Momma, I gave my career for love"

"I know boy. Let's eat," Granny said, changing the conversation. We all headed to the table to eat.

I finished my plate and got up to go wash it and head to my room.

"No wonder you don't have a girl. You're too skinny. You need to eat more."

"I'm not very hungry anymore Granny"

"Okay sweetie you're so handsome don't forget that, okay?" She said, patting my cheek. She has a knack for accidentally insulting me then complimenting me right after.

"I got it Granny Em"
***
I flopped on my bed and called Maverick.

"Hey dude what's up?"

"Hello? Who's this?" A female voice said from the other side of the phone.

"This is Adrien. Who is this?" I asked, confused.

"Aria." She's been mentioned before by Maverick, but not often.

"Why do you have Maverick's phone? And where is he?"

"Our parents are good friends so we got invited to dinner. He went to the bathroom so I answered his phone."

"Oh ok. Well tell him to call me back"

"Actually he's right here." I hear talking in the background.

"Hey dude, sorry about that, what's up?

"Nothing just came up from dinner"

"How'd it go?"

"It was normal she asked if I was single, we ate dinner then she accidentally insulted me then complimented me."

"Fun," He said dryly.

"Yeah, so I met Aria." Wanting to change the subject.

"Yeah dude I'm sorry she doesn't know how to keep her hands off my stuff"

"It's fine"

"Our parents say they have some news so I gotta go. See ya later man"

"Later dude" I can only wonder what the news is. I guess I'll find out soon though.
***
I get to school and go to my locker. Usually Maverick is here before me, but I don't see him anywhere. After ten minutes he finally arrived. "Dude, where have you been you're never he after me?"

"I was picking Aria up."

"Aria?" I questioned. She poked out from behind him.

"Hi" she said softly and shyly. Wow, she's really pretty. I stared for a few more seconds and I finally put two and two together.

"So, I'm guessing this is the news"

"Yep," Maverick said.

"Maverick, I have to go to the bathroom," she said quietly.

"Down the hall, to the left" Maverick explained and pointed.

"She's so shy. Is she normally like that?"

"No, man, she's always happy and bubbly and fun to be around. I think it's nerves."

"I don't know why she'd be nervous, she's beautiful," Maverick lightly hit my chest.

"Hey, man, she's like a sister to me"

"Just stating the facts, nothing more" I throw my hands back in defeat.

"You better" he glared at me for a few seconds. He's really protective over her.
***
School sucks. It drains the life out of teenagers. It's barely lunch and I want to die. I sit down at our normal table with my lunch tray. Maverick's not here yet undoubtedly showing Aria around. So in the meantime I start flirting with a random girl I see across the cafeteria. I wink at her and smile, she blushes and laughs trying to hide her face. I run my hands through my hair and smile at her, that's what makes the girls go crazy over me. I'm not a pig, I only flirt with them; none of them stand a chance to actually be my girl. I motion for her to come over here and she gladly does. I guess she'll be here to keep me company until Maverick and Aria show up.

I learned her name is Kathy and she's a cheerleader. She has two brothers and a cat. After that the conversation got a little boring. Finally Maverick decided to show up.

"Hey Mav over here!" I yelled even though he was already on his way over here. He got the hidden message to get here quick.

"Hey man what's up?"

"Nothing just talking to Kathy here" I said pointing towards her.

"Who's this?" She asked pointing towards Aria. Aria glared at her. I have a feeling they've met.

"That's Aria, she's a close friend of Maverick's," I said, filling her in.

They sit there glaring at each other. You could cut the tension with a knife. Maverick and I look at each other not knowing what to do.

"So uh Kathy you should tell Maverick about your cat" she breaks eye contact with Aria with a smile on her face. She tells him everything she told me.

Thankfully more of the team showed up and it wasn't as awkward. With Maverick talking to the team, Aria was quiet, she looked out of place and uncomfortable.
***
This torturous day has almost come to an end. I just need to get through last period and football practice then it's over.

I walked into last period and sat by someone on the football team. A few minutes after class started Aria walked in.

"Sorry I'm late, I was lost," she said to the teacher with a smile.

"It's okay, please take a seat by Adrien" the teacher smiled and pointed at me. She came over and sat by me.

We had a pop quiz over everything we should've learned last year. This quiz was verbal. Mrs. Rowe claimed the quiz is not a grade it's just to see where we're at. I think Aria's nerves weared off. She answered every question and every question was right. She even answered the bonus question right and we're supposed to learn that this year.

The dismissal bell rang and it's time for football practice. I still haven't told my dad about my ankle. I'm going to tell him just not right now after practice.
***
Hey guys! I know I said I'll update tomorrow but I couldn't wait any longer. I really hope you liked the first chapter. There are many great things to come! Comment vote and follow!
             Until next time,
                      Kylagrace21

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

520K 14.4K 41
[πŒπ€π“π”π‘π„] π‘πŽππ€π π‰π€πŒπ„π’ 30 Months... Almost three years since my accident. My first game playing pro in the NHL and I blew it. Many peo...
150K 2.2K 38
Short small high school romance Riley Smith. A ordinary teenage girl her mother has passed died to cancer. The only thing she has left is her Father...
480K 13.2K 64
No commitment. No more heartaches. Just kissing. Could it really be that simple? Nate Herond. He's the guy everyone adores. Quarterback of the footba...
26 10 10
A Girl named Ira met a boy in her dreams not knowing they would fall for each other. There friendship ended, but after a few years they would meet ag...