Pretend

By Sharlay

When April's boyfriend (Kyle) breaks up with her she is heart broken. She can't seem to get over him, but whe... More

Chapter 1 - Party Time!
Chapter 2 - And the party goes on...
Chapter 3 - Me, Myself &...
Chapter 4 - The Party's Over!
Chapter 5 - Remember Me...
Chapter 6 - Dream or reality?
Chapter 7 - Heartbroken
Chapter 8 - He's Gone...
Chapter 9 - Aiden's POV
Chapter 10 - Let the games begin
Chapter 11 - I hate surprises!
Chapter 12 - In love?
Chapter 13 - Aiden's POV
Chapter 14 - What a night!
Chapter 15 - A week of paradise?
Chapter 16 - Sherlock Holmes
Chapter 17 - Date night
Chapter 18 - Danny's Diner
Chapter 19 - Jekyll & Hyde
Chapter 20 - The Talk
Chapter 21 - Good Morning
Chapter 22 - Surprise!
Chapter 23 - Blast from the past
Chapter 24 - Revelation
Chapter 25 - The Return
Chapter 26 - The story of the past
NOT A CHAPTER - Just information
Chapter 27 - Unexpected events
Chapter 28 - The truth shall set you free...
Chapter 29 - We all have secrets...
Chapter 30 - New begginnings
Chapter 31 - The Text...
Chapter 32 - Just a dream?
Chapter 34 (Final Chapter) - The beginning of forever...
Q & A/Information
NEW STORY!
Make Believe (Pretend Series, Book #2) OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE!!!
WIN A SIGNED COPY OF PRETEND!!!
Excerpt of Make Believe (Pretend Series, Book #2)
Have You?
Will Aiden cheat on April?
Join the twitter countdown!!! :)
Would you like to get involved?
THE WAIT IS OVER!!!
1 DAY SALE!
FREE for 2 days only!
Update 2014!!!
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 33 - Never give up...

205K 3.2K 606
By Sharlay

So only one chapter left after this one guys! Ahhhhh, exciting and sad lol This one is quite short but very neccessary to the story so I hope it touches you in the way that it is intended to. The last chapter will also be uploaded later on today so that I can enter the watty awards which I hope you guys will be supporting me in :) 

Chapter 33 - Never give up...

"No!" I screamed angrily as the paramedic dared to utter those words.

"Don't," I whispered as the tears began to burn my cheeks. I could feel all of the pairs of eyes on me but I didn't care.

"Please hunny, you have to move back now," a female paramedic said in a gentle voice.

"No, you're not giving up on him, I won't let you!" I screamed down at them.

"Please, I am sorry but there is nothing more that we can do," she said in a sympathetic tone.

"You can try! He can't be gone. Try again, please, I'm begging you," I almost whispered as I looked down at Kyle's lifeless frame on the ground.

This couldn't be it. I won't let it be.

"April don't do this," I heard Aiden whisper as he gently grabbed my arm.

"Get off of me!" I screamed as I ripped my arm, free from his grasp.

"Do it again, now!" I screamed down at them.

"We can-"

"Yes you can! Either way there's nothing to lose. Just do it again or I will do it myself," I said in a stern voice as I pleaded with my eyes.

As I watched the female paramedic's eyes shift from me to the man who appeared to be in charge he gave a soft nod, indicating that she could do as I asked.

"Thank you," I whispered as I watched them take up the machinery again.

It was as if my body took in an automatic breath as I watched them get ready to shock him again. I couldn't lose him, not now. I couldn't let Mimi lose him or his mom or dad, it wasn't right. I watched as the plates rested on his chest as they prepared to shock him again. As the machinery caused his body to rise up and down I gasped in anticipation. I felt hot tears roll down my cheeks as I watched her shake her head.

"I'm sorry," she said as she avoided my gaze.

"One more time," I growled through my tears.

"But-"

"One more time!"

"April, don't do this to yourself," I heard Crystal whisper, sympathetically. I didn't want her sympathy, I didn't need it. She didn't understand, none of them did.

"Again," I pleaded as the tears fell faster.

"One more time," the paramedic that was in charge said as he looked at me sympathetically.

As I watched Kyle's lifeless body, lying there I felt my whole world end in that split second. It was over, he was gone. I was angry as I thought about what Jake had done. He wanted to hurt me and he had but that had cost Kyle his life and it wasn't fair. I slowly turned around, ignoring all of the whispers and gentle touches on my arm as I prepared to escape the pain. It was as if I was floating just above the ground and that nothing about the world was real anymore. As I began to walk away in a daze I suddenly heard one of the paramendics voices.

"There's a pulse".

I frooze in utter disbelief as I tried to process the words. Please God, tell me that this isn't a dream. Tell me that this is real. Please say that when I turn around it will be real I pleaded and it was. I turned around and watched as the paramedics ran around his body frantically, moving quickly to get him in the back of the ambulance.

"You did it, he's ok. Come on I'll drive to the hospital," Aiden said as he tried to bring me back to reality.

"No, stay away from me," I uttered as I looked into his shocked face.

"April?" He muttered, sounding more broken hearted than ever before.

"I can't," I said as I turned to where Anthony was stood in shock.

"Can you take me to the hospital?" I begged.

I saw as he gave a Aiden a look that said 'I'm not betraying you' before he answered.

"Yeah, come on kiddo," he said in a gentle voice. It wasn't his usual playful tone, no one was their usual self, how could we be.

I loved Aiden, I really did but knowing what it felt like to nearly lose him almost killed me and I needed a clear head for a minute, away from him. I needed to deal with Kyle first, I needed to get my head together.

"April the paramedic said that you need to be checked over, you fainted," Jess tried to reason as I slid into the passenger seat of Anthony's cousin's car.

"I don't care, I'm going to the hospital," I mumbled before closing the door and turning to a bewildered looking Anthony.

"Drive," were the last words that were spoken before we got to the hospital.

****

Everything seemed to be a blur once we finally got to the hospital. 

I was finally forced to get checked over much to my dismay. The doctor said that I was fine but just needed to get some rest, not that I was going to listen to that right now. After having to listen to the many questions that the doctors and police asked me I had no more energy left inside of me. 

"Oh April," Kyle's mom said as she saw me walk back into the waiting area. She threw her arms around me and let me cry into her beautiful white shirt.

"Is he..." I trailed off, feeling sick.

"He's fine, they're just waiting for him to come around," she said. I knew from her face that there was something that she was hiding from me but I didn't push any further.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered as she pulled me back to look into my face.

"This is not your fault," she said as she shook her head.

"But if it hadn't been for me then Jake wouldn't have-"

"No, what that boy did, he did because he is sick. They've taken him to get all the help that he needs and that's not for you to worry about anymore. You saved Kyle's life April, had you not have been so persistent I'd be sitting in a morge this very minute," she said as she allowed the tears to run freely down her cheeks.

I couldn't say anything else, I just stared into space thinking about the one thing that I needed right now...Aiden.

I told him to leave me alone but the truth was that I needed him more than ever right now. I wanted him to be the one comforting me and telling me that everything was ok, the one who was holding me in his arms but I was scared. When I thought that it was Aiden who had been hit by Jake's truck I literally felt the air leave my body, I felt like I couldn't function anymore. I didn't feel like someone had died but as though a part of me had died and it scared the life out of me. I realised that the love that I felt for Aiden absolutely terffied me. As I pictured him lying there, dead, I literally couldn't imagine a world where he no longer existed, I didn't see how it could be possible for me to survive in a world like that and I couldn't take it. I pushed him away because I came too close to realising that if he ever left me then that's how I would feel and I simply couldn't bare it. I not only wanted Aiden but I needed him. I realised in that moment that the love that I had for Aiden far exceeded the love that I had for myself. When I saw Kyle lying there I felt heartbroken and I prayed that he could be given another chance, that time could go back and things would change. When I thought that Aiden was lying there I prayed that I could switch places with him...

As Kyle's mom and I parted, I took a seat on one of the grey chairs and slipped my phone out of my pocket and opened up a new text.

I need you

It was the only words that I wrote before clicking on Aiden's name. It wasn't even a minute before I received my reply.

I'm already here 

As I felt my phone vibrate and read those words, I looked up to see Aiden stood behind the double doors, staring at me through the glass panel. I slowly stood to my feet as I felt my stomach drop. His face looked so sad and hurt. I could see how red and puffy his eyes were and all that I wanted to do was to take away his pain.

"Do you mind if I just," I said as I pointed towards Aiden.

"Of course not sweetheart. Look it's been a long day, why don't you go home and get some rest," Mrs Edwards said as she stood up to face me.

"I can't, what if he wakes up-"

"Then I will be here, don't worry. I have your number, if there are any changes I will let you know," she said as she gently placed her hands on my shoulders.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Of course now go and sort things out," she said as she used her head to gesture towards Aiden.

"Thank you," I said as I threw my arms around her again.

"No, thank you," she said as she squeezed me a little tighter.

As I walked towards the double doors that currently parted me and Aiden, I could feel my heart beat increasing every step of the way. I hesitated slightly before pushing the door open.

"Hey," he said as I finally stood in front of him.

As he stared into my eyes with so many different emotions on his face I did the one thing that I had needed to do all day. I ran into his arms and I kissed him. I kissed him like my life depended on it and I didn't want to stop. As he gently pulled away to look into my eyes, still holding my face in his hands I watched as the tears began to roll down his cheeks.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered as I held his gaze.

"This wasn't your fault April," he said as he kept staring at me.

As I felt his touch on me, I closed my eyes for a couple of seconds so that I could bottle up this moment. I never wanted to forget it, the feel of him so close. I wanted to remember feeling that way forever.

"I didn't mean to push you awa-"

"Ssshh. You don't need to explain, I understand," he whispered.

"You do?"

"Yes. When Kyle pushed me, it was all so fast that I thought that I had actually been hit by Jake's truck..." he began as I could see him struggling with the memory of it all.

"When I hit the ground, I thought, I thought that it was over, I thought I was..." He trailed off as he fought with the tears.

"I thought that I was going to die April and I was so scared. I was teriffied".

"It's ok, I would have been too-"

"No it wasn't that. I wasn't scared of dying, I was scared because the only thing that I could think is that I may never see you again and it teriffied me," he said as the shock filled my body.

"Imagining a life without you was something that I just couldn't do. I don't just want you April, I need you in my life and I love you so much. I get why you pushed me away, you were scared but you don't have to be anymore," he said as a small smile filled his lips.

"Please don't ever leave me again," I whispered as he pulled me into a tight embrace and allowed me to cry my heart out.

"I'm not going anywhere, I'm right here," he whispered as he held me even tighter.

"I love you so much," I said as I let my fingers grip the back of his black tee. I didn't want to let go, not now, not ever.

"I know," he said as he stroked my back.

"I know".

****

 So there it is, Chapter 33! Hope that you guys enjoyed it. Please let me know what you think? x

I had this planned for a while and I never intended to kill Kyle. I seriously love him too much lol I just hoped that by him sacrificing himself you guys would grow to like him and see that he is a good guy that just made a bad mistake but I couldn't imagine the book ending without him being a part of it. 

I hope that some of your opinions of Kyle have changed and that you have a connection with him like I do and understand him now :)

Thanks for the on-going support, it means a lot!

I love all of the comments, I've literally ready EVERY single one! They're amazing! Love you guys! God Bless <3 xxxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204K 6.6K 24
When the shy, sarcastic nerd bumps into the egotistical, bad boy that is Tyler Reed, her life changes. Soon enough the shy nerd has become the girl p...
254K 5.4K 26
ENEMIES WITH BENEFITS (BXB) Kyler and Ryan. Ryan and Kyler. No reason for them to be enemies, not much was different about either. Both were male, h...
151K 2.2K 16
"Are you alright?" "I'm fine." "You don't look fine." "Then stop looking." Her best friends older brother helps her when she deals with a heartbrea...
347 9 32
April is your typical good girl who falls for her best friend, Alex as he played her knight in shining armor. But how will she react when she reali...