Jab We Met

By miramehra

It'd been 5 years since that ill-fated day. Valentine's Day. Manik Malhotra, who'd reverted back to his Monst... More

Overview
Characters
Meeting the family
Friends like Family
1. Dil Chahta Hai
2. Nazrein Milaana
3. Ek Ladki Ko Dekha
4. Dooriyan
5. Jaane Kyun
6. Gallan Goodiyan
7. London, Paris, New York
8. Jab Mila Tu
9. Main Jahaan Rahoon
10. Pehla Pyaar
11. Hai Junoon
12. Tum Mile
13. Tenu Leke Main Jaavanga
14. Jiya Re
15. Baadal Pe Paon Hai
16. Kho Gaye Hum Kahan
17. Kabhi Kabhi Nandini
18. Phir Se Ud Chala
19. Dil Dhadakne Do
20. Baatein Kuch Ankahi Si
21. Maana Ki Hum Yaar Nahi
22. Khabar Nahi
23. Daaru Desi
Not An Update!
24. Aadat Hai Voh
25. Agar Main Kahoon
26. Yaadon Mein
27. Kal Ho Na Ho
28. Thodi Der
29. Mileya Mileya
Not an Update pt.2!!
30. Lucky Tu Lucky Me
31. Tu Jaane Na
32. Dulha Mil Gaya
33. Purani Jeans
34. Tere Jaisa Yaar Kahan
35. Phir Le Aaya Dil
36. Dil Chori
37. Kaise Hua
The Letter
38. Khuda Jaane
Not An Update.
39. Saathi Re
40. Hum Tum
41. Chup Chup Ke
42. Sun Saathiya
43. Mera Pehla Pehla Pyaar
44. Mehendi Lagake Rakhna
45. Gal Mithi Mithi
46. Bole Chudiyaan
47. Nachaange Saari Raat
48. Jaane Na Dunga Kahin
49. Kabira
50. Khaali Peeli
51. Love Aaj Kal
52. Punjabi Wedding Song
54. Humsafar
Not An Update!!!
55. Jab Tak
56. Subah Hone Na De
57. Shaam Shandaar
58. Nachdene Saare
59. Bhula Dena
The Letter
Epilogue- Kahaani Khatam Hai
NEW STORY UPDATE!
What's Up?

53. Jab Tak

3.7K 408 84
By miramehra

Oh man what a trip, easily the cutest chapters I've written so far, just mush all around.

I hope everyone is healthy and safe, wherever they may be!💕

Song of the Chapter: Ye Kya Hua, Broken but Beautiful (An absolutely beaut song, but virtually unknown) 💔
-----------------------------//---------------------------

"Dekh, it's not just a silly tradition. It's a matter of pride. It's Shivaay's legacy. And as his team, it's our solemn duty to ensure that his legacy is secure."

Nobody could tell from Raichand's passionate speech that he was talking about a pair of shoes.

Yes, the groom's shoes, which according to some messed up wedding traditions, had to be stolen by the bride's family, and kept hidden till the groom did not pay them the ransom they asked for.

"Raichand, you know na, ki ye shaadi hai, Chak De India nahi? Toh please apni ye 70 minutes wali speech band kar."

Abhi said, shutting Raichand up with a glare.

"Arrey but galat thodi hai woh. Oberois ki shaan ki baat hai Abhi!"

Rudra commented, as Raichand smirked and patted his back.

"Aapse aur expect bhi kya kar sakte hain."

Rishabh said, shaking his head at Rudra and Raichand's antics as the two flicked his forehead.

"Ishu, what do you think? Ishu? ISHU!"

Abhi whisper yelled to get Nandini's attention, who was busy in giggling and blushing at whatever Manik had said to her, only to get startled suddenly by Abhi.

Manik glared at Abhi, annoyed at the interruption while Mukti could only laugh.

"Udhar Sammy, Mira, Dhawan aur Malik plan bana bhi chuke honge pura. Aur yahan in dono ko PDA karna hai."

Raichand said, face-palming as he pointed towards the four scheming faces, the bride's team.

Dhruv and Alya were in their own dream world while Navya and Ahana were too busy talking about bollywood movies to take part.

"Sorry na! Ab complain karna band karo."

Nandini whined, making Manik chuckle as she wrinkled her nose.

"Okay, you know what we should do?"

She asked, with mischievous twinkling eyes, as the others leaned in with interest.

"We should steal Shiv Bhai's shoes ourselves!"

She announced, making everyone face-palm.

"Manik dekh zara Nandini ki jagah Alya toh nahi aagayi."

Mukti whispered to Manik, who shot her a nasty look.

"Murthy, humaare team mein bas ek aisa kaafi tha, Rudra. Ab you're also giving ideas like him?"

Raichand pouted, making both the Oberois glare at him.

"Idiots, I meant if we steal the shoes and hide them with us, their team won't be able to get them na. Then, when sab rituals khatam hojaayenge, hum shoes Shiv Bhai ko vaapis dedenge, without him having to spend a penny!"

Nandini explained, as the others finally understood and nodded with smiles, Manik's smile being the widest as if saying 'that's my girl' .

"Okay. I approve of this plan."

Rudra said, as Rishabh, Nandini and Abhi looked at him amused, with raised eyebrows.

"Teri approval maangi?"

Abhi said, before shaking his head, making Mukti chuckle and pat him on his chest.

"I think you guys should divide and conquer."

Manik said, narrowing his eyes at the bride's team before turning towards the Oberois, who were looking at him confused.

"Okay like, get Ahana to distract Samrat, Navya to distract Cabir and Rehan to distract Mira. That way, they won't be able to fully focus, and neanwhile we'll hide the shoes."

He explained, as everyone slowly nodded their heads with smiles.

"See, now aren't you grateful I kept him around for PDA?"

Nandini mumbled as she flicked Raichand's forehead, making the others chuckle.

"Hello, what do you mean kept? Tumhara pet kutta nahi hoon, boyfriend hoon. Little respect."

Manik whined, his nose upturned, making Nandini giggle and give him a kiss on the cheek, as a penalty.

"Vaapis shuru yaar. Ek minute ruko."

Raichand whisper yelled, making everyone turn to him.

"Dushman team ka sabse bada khilaadi hai Malik. Usse kaun distract karega? Usko trap karna is next to impossible. Way too smart for his own good."

He whined, as Nandini frowned, agreeing.

"But we have trapped him before right? Remember the store room?"

Mukti chimed in, as Raichand suddenly nodded, smiling widely as he now knew what to do.

"Yeah of course I remember. It was dark and dirty and I was locked in with a dude who hated me. Thanks for that, by the way."

Manik taunted Raichand and Mukti, who side eyed him while Nandini chuckled.

"Oh please, agar hum plan nahi banate na, toh abhi bhi tu Nandini ko one sided aashiq type looks de raha hota. PDA ki BPL lag jaati."

Raichand answered back, making everyone laugh.

"BPL?"

Manik asked, confused, as Nandini facepalmed.

"Ishu? Kaisa ladka dhunda hai? Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara nahi dekhi isne? BPL matlab Bum Pe Laat bhai."

Rudra explained, looking scandalised while everyone else shook their heads.

"Tumhaara hogaya ho toh plan shuru karein? Raichand, go to Mira. Mukti, tum please Navya ko plan samjhado, and Rudy, you explain the plan to Ahana. Rishabh and I will take care of the shoes, and Manik-Ishu can handle Malik. Alright?"

Abhi said, taking charge as always, while the others nodded and went their separate ways.

-----------------------------//---------------------------

"I still can't believe this is happening."

Nandini said, with a small smile as she walked hand in hand with Manik, looking for Malik.

"What? Shivaay getting married?"

Manik asked, his thumb running circles around hers, always keeping her calm and at peace.

"Just...everything. Bhai getting married to Anika Di, YOU being here for it, as my boyfriend, with my entire family knowing. It just seems too good to be true."

Nandini said, and although she had a huge smile on her face, Manik could tell something was up.

"Miss Murthy, will you tell me kya hua or do I have to kiss the information out of you? Come on, out with it."

He ordered, pulling her closer to him with his hand on her wrist, typical Manik Malhotra.

"I don't know Manik. It just...it feels like I finally have happiness, and everything is so perfect. And I'm scared...that it'll change. It'll go away."

She said with a shudder, squeezing her eyes shut as she hugged him.

Manik rolled his eyes, shaking his head at the girl in his arms.

"Full hindi film heroine ban gayi ho tum. Dialogues bhi maarne lagi ho."

He joked, trying to calm her down, as she hit him on his chest, pouting and smiling at the same time.

"Look, I know ki humaare saath kaafi kuch ho chuka hai. And finally everything is...in place. So I get why you're scared, because it's not in our hands to make sure it stays in place."

He started to say, as Nandini craned her neck upwards to face him, still in his arms.

"But one thing which I'm sure about, and which is in my hands, is that no matter what happens, I'm not going anywhere. I'll be here. With you. Forever."

Manik whispered in her ears, making her smile from ear to ear, growing red.

"Hamesha?"

She whispered back, and he chuckled, his laughter rumbling in his chest, before nodding.

"But abhi we have another problem on our hands."

Manik said, and Nandini turned to look at what he was talking about. Aha, Malik!

"Chal meri heroine, your acting will come to use now!"

Manik said, with a devilish smirk, which made Nandini smile dreamily, before clearing her throat and shaking her head.

"How could you Manik? I can't believe this!"

She yelled, attracting Malik's attention, who was previously going to steal the shoes, but now walked in their direction.

Thankfully, they were in a relatively deserted hallway, with no evesdroppers or guests nearby.

Manik subtly watched from the corner of his eyes, as Malik made his way towards them, and winked at Nandini, their plan was off to a good start.

"For god's sake stop shouting, Nandini. Because you very well know, that I can yell much worse."

He retorted, giving Nandini a flashback of the Monster Manik back at Space.

"Oh really? Really Manik Malhotra? Tum mujhpe shout karoge? Shout! Shout na. Why are you stopping yourself. Itna kuch toh kar hi chuke ho."

Nandini said dramatically, as Manik cringed and rolled his eyes, as if telling her to calm the overacting.

"What is wrong with you two? Why are you fighting?"

Malik finally burst, standing in the middle of Manik and Nandini, who were glaring at each other.

"Seriously? Like seriously Malik? You're asking me why I am fighting? Tumhe kya lagta hai, main faltu mein fight karti hoon? Is Manik ki tarah?"

Nandini now yelled at Malik, who looked absolutely confused. Why the fuck was she yelling at HIM now?

It took everything for Manik not to laugh at Malik's face and control hus expression.

"Excuse me. Meri bhi hobby nahi hai shout karna. I have much better things to do. I'm Manik Malhotra, don't you know?"

Manik continued the argument, leading it from pointless to even more pointless as Malik now turned towards him, frustrated already.

"I'm Manik Malhotra, don't you know."

Nandini mimicked Manik, as he gritted his teeth.

"Pata hai, din mein 100 baar bata dete ho tum apna naam."

She commented, making him growl.

"Arrrgh TIME OUT. Can one of you tell me what the fuck is going on?"

Malik yelled, now supremely frustrated and angry at himself for coming in between them.

"Haan haan, tell him na? Tell your best friend what you did."

Manik said, egging Nandini on as she frowned, having no idea what to say, before putting on an angry expression once again when Malik turned towards her.

"Main kyu bataun? Tumhe itna shauk hai toh tum batao na! Mr. Manik Malhotra, why should I do what YOU say?"

Nandini said, turning the tables towards Manik once again, as he gulped when Malik looked at him impatiently.

"He's your best friend na, tum batao."

"Shout karna tumne start kiya, tum batao."

"I'm Manik Malhotra. Tum batao."

And they went on and on and on till Malik could no longer hear their yells.

"Shut the fuck up! Both of you, mujhe nahi jaanna yaar. Sorry for interrupting, please continue."

Malik screeched, before turning around to walk away, as Nandini and Manik looked at each other with widened eyes, panicking. Shit, their plan was in danger.

"NO!"

Nandini suddenly yelled, making Malik turn back immediately, startled, and Manik facepalm.

"I mean, oh no!"

Nandini said, and kept her hand on her forehead, acting as if she were fainting, to which Manik caught on and quickly held her, Malik following his lead and patting Nandini's cheeks.

"What the hell? What happened to her?"

Malik angrily said, glaring pointedly at Manik, who shook his head, if looks could kill.

Suddenly from the corner of his eyes, he saw Abhi showing him a thumbs up.

Thank GOD. He'd done it! He'd stolen the shoes!

"Hogaya!"

Manik cheered victoriously, forgetting for a second that Malik was in front of him, but realized the very next second when Malik looked at him as if he'd gone mad.

"Hogaya?"

Nandini asked excitedly, conveniently forgetting that she was supposed to be unconscious, as Malik now widened his eyes at her, bewildered.

"Uh-I mean..I mean HOGAYA! Humara sort out hogaya! Thanks Malik, you totally solved our argument! Haina Manik!?"

Nandini rushedly said, getting up immediately and flashing Malik a wide smile.

"Ha-Haan. Thanks dude, totally owe you one. Let's go Nandini."

Manik smiled fakely, and hurried, dragging along Nandini with him.

"And then people ask me why I'm single. Inke jaise paagal nahi banna mujhe. Utter morons."

Malik muttered to himself, cursing under his breath before shaking his head and going his own way.

When Nandini and Manik were sure they were out of Malik's sight, they finally stopped running, panting out of breath.

Looking at each other, they didn't even realize when they started laughing, and once they began they couldn't stop.

Tears were coming out of Nandini's eyes every time she remembered Malik's confused face, and Manik's exaggeration.

And Manik decided, that he was okay with seeing Nandini shed these kind of tears.

-----------------------------//---------------------------

Aaaaand that's a wrap! Also, I'm really sorry if my updates are irregular, i try my hardest to update asap, but sometimes it just doesn't happen.

How cute was this chapter? I'm all for this dynamic between Manik and Nandini, these partners in crime are giving Raichand and Cabir stiff competition!😉💕

Until next time, keep commenting, voting, and sharing the love! 💒

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 10K 58
#6 in Lifestory out of ~10K stories (June, 2021) When THE Nandini Murthy met Manik F*CKBOI Malhotra, during her undergrad days in New York, it was th...
484K 30.2K 50
This story continues after musicana where manik left nandini because of dhruv. So tune in to read to know where destiny will take these two & there s...
168K 13.5K 101
It is said that first impression is the last impression. But this story changed the meaning of this quote. The first meeting of Nandini and Manik wa...