Deserve to be loved

By dhrutipandya

"please papa......believe me i didn't do anything...Pls trust me .." "You dumb girl...I cant believe you are... More

Prologue
Character
My Pain.
Guilt
A new journey.
Blank.
Home.
Time.
Found.
Relife and Anger.
strangers.
Deal.
Appperence.
Determination.
Dinner.
Night
Happiness.
Aggression
Care & Revenge.
Passion.
Leaving

Last Strike.

8.1K 156 12
By dhrutipandya

You never truly know who is by your side or against you until life reveals their true colors.

The past ten years have been tumultuous for me, whereas for everyone else, they've been filled with drama. During these years, I've yearned for love and care. Sometimes, I've been tempted to march into my father's office and spill everything, just to make my life a bit more bearable. However, the memory of Ethan and Kiara's happy, smiling faces always holds me back.

Today, the Knights have invited me to their house for dinner. Neither they are eager to meet me nor is my family pleased to bring me there. However, they require an extra servant, and I suspect they intend to humiliate me in front of everyone.

I'm dressed in a simple light pink dress, not from a famous or expensive designer, as my family believes I don't deserve such clothes.

I carefully selected my outfit, opting for a simple and subtle hairstyle. I applied neutral makeup to complete my look and headed downstairs.

In the living room, my parents were already waiting for my brothers. My father looked at me with anger in his eyes and said, "Behave yourself tonight. It's important for all of us. If I see any trouble, I'm going to punish you severely."

I simply nodded, not wanting to cause any more trouble. An unsettling feeling nagged at me, as if something terrible was about to happen, and I knew it wouldn't bode well for me.

Soon, my brothers made their entrance. They cast disgusted glances my way before joining my parents.

My mother was elegantly dressed in a gown that complemented her skin tone.

I made my way to our bodyguard's car, as I couldn't bear to sit with them any longer.

After half an hour, we arrived at the Knights' mansion. It was a beautiful Georgian-style house with a spacious garden and numerous balconies.

As we arrived at their place, that nagging feeling in my stomach intensified. All the family members were seated in their spacious living room, and I noticed that even my grandparents were present. Don't think for a second that they liked me; if anything, they were worse.

Strangely, dinner went relatively smoothly. Nobody paid much attention to me except for a few angry glances here and there.

After dinner, everyone gathered in the living room, and my father stood up, expressing his gratitude to the Knights for inviting us over. He announced, "I will be stepping down from my business, and my oldest son will take over my empire."

Cheers and congratulations filled the room, and I couldn't help but feel happy for Henry, knowing how hard he had worked for this moment.

Then, my father said something I never expected: "I know you all have questions about my other elder son. But he was cowardly enough to run away, and I'm glad he's not with us anymore. He doesn't deserve to be a part of this family. From now on, he's dead to me."

I despised the fact that my father was saying this, and I felt even more hatred as everyone cheered, including Xavier, who called Ethan his best friend.

My grandfather chimed in, "You're right, son. That son of a bitch couldn't handle my empire."

Kiara's father added, "You're absolutely correct. He and my daughter are not worth living. I wish they had never been born."

Strangely, her mother agreed with him, and I couldn't bear it any longer. They had no right to insult my brother.

I stood up and said, "How can you say that about your own child when you don't even know the reason behind their disappearance?"

Everyone was stunned that a girl who had been pushed around by them was suddenly speaking up. My father recovered from his shock and yelled, "You ungrateful brat! How dare you say something like that?"

The room erupted into chaos, with everyone shouting at me. But I couldn't stay silent any longer, so I revealed the truth.

"They left to save you from the Russian mafia."

Their expressions turned from shock to disbelief as they asked, "What? How do you know about the Russians?" Xavier inquired.

"It's time you all know everything," I said as I opened my locket, a gift from Ethan, and retrieved a small memory card.

I asked the butler to play the video, and the faces of Kiara and Ethan appeared.

"Hi, Sunshine. I know you're confused about why we've sent you this footage instead of speaking to you in person. The reason is that the Willemson and Knight families are in danger, and there are things even our father doesn't know. So, let the story begin."

Everyone watched the footage attentively.

"Ten years ago, our great-grandfather and Xavier's great-grandfather made a deal with the Russian mafia to elevate their businesses to new heights. They took a substantial amount of money from the mafia in exchange for giving them our family's girls to marry their men. For two generations, neither our family nor the Knights could have girls. They waited for us for many years. After our great-grandfather's death, the topic was never discussed again and remained sealed. But as you know, Kiara and I were sent to study in Moscow, and strange things began to happen. We were followed by men, and random gifts appeared at our doorstep. Then, one day, the current boss took us. He showed us documents proving the deal, signed by both great-grandfathers. He told us they couldn't wait any longer and wanted to take over all our businesses as a debt and then kill us. He offered a deal: if Kiara and I worked for them as employees, he wouldn't harm anyone and would let you all live. He wanted me because he knew I was the oldest son. If I went missing, it would severely affect our family, which it did, but only for you. I loved Kiara but couldn't gather the courage to talk to Father or Xavier. So, we agreed and decided it was for the best."

My and Kiara's mother were crying, and my father collapsed to his knees. Xavier couldn't find any words, and my brothers cried quietly.

"I know, Sunshine, that my disappearance has made life hell for you. Please don't let this footage fall into anyone else's hands. When everything is settled, we will return and explain everything to everyone. I know it will be hard for you, but please hang in there until the time comes. I love you very much, and I promise that when I return, I will make everything right. Please take care of everyone. You are the finest and purest soul. Even after everyone treated you so badly, you still cared for them. That defines you as a better person than any of them. Stay that way forever. Goodbye."

I cried, as I always did after watching this.

"Now that you know everything, stop blaming my brother for this. He's the best person in this awful family where there's no value for relationships and feelings. This is the most messed-up family. You know, four years after leaving, they got married and are now living a happy life, which they could never have had here."

I turned to Xavier and said, "I hope no one ever has a best friend like you. Ethan trusted you, and you've been betraying him behind his back. He would be so ashamed of you."

Addressing Kiara's parents, I said, "You know, every time I talked to Kiara, she asked about you. She asked if her father still had a bad temper, if he still suffered from back pain, and if Xavier had given up his player ways. But you don't deserve to be called her parents."

I turned to my mother, saying, "From the day I was born, you hated me. I still don't know the reason for that hate. And if you despised me so much, why didn't you give me up for adoption? It would have been easier to live as an orphan than in this hell."

"Congratulations, Grandfather. You have a truly great family where only money and power matter, and there's no room for love and compromise."

"Guess what, Father? You've now lost your so-called dumb daughter. I'm leaving this house and never want to see any of you again in the future."

"Goodbye."

I ran to the car, ignoring the bewildered looks from the bodyguards, and drove to the mansion. I had already packed my bags and left my luggage outside. I called an Uber and planned to go to Italy, where one of Ethan's friends was willing to help me.

I'm sorry, Ethan. I couldn't wait any longer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

830K 20.8K 88
"𝔼𝕍𝔼ℝ𝕐 𝔽𝔸𝕄𝕀𝕃𝕐 β„π”Έπ•Š π•Šπ”Όβ„‚β„π”Όπ•‹π•Š" - - - "My name is Hazel, but most people call me Ze. I'm from Melbourne, and love Taylor Swift." I cring...
11.3K 879 32
"You said they were saying no one will marry you, right? How about you show them you have a husband now.There is someone to accept you for your life...
145K 3.8K 46
10 Years ago my life changed, I was 18, young, stupid and selfish. I thought I was doing the right thing, convinced myself everything I did I was doi...