❝ 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘸𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘢�...

By POOKA-

❝ 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘸𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘢 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 . ❞ A secret relations... More

❝ 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘸𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘸 . ❞
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18

fin.

36K 1.4K 2.9K
By POOKA-

𝑒𝓃𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔,

( second-person point of view  )

Today was like any other day working as a detective tracking down a homicidal maniac who can kill people just by knowing their name and seeing their face. You had not known this day would be the day your life changed forever. The rest of your life started today, but you didn't even know it. L knew. He knew what was going to happen today, but he was nervous about it. He folded the note he just wrote symmetrically and placed it at your desk when you weren't there. This is one of the only times when L felt genuinely nervous as he waited for you.

You returned to your desk after taking care of a task, only to find a little piece of paper sitting over your keyboard. You opened it up, seeing it had your name written on the front. You knew it was from L, judging by the nearly illegible handwriting. Similar to your four-year anniversary, L had left a note for you asking you to meet him on the roof in a few minutes. You had no idea what he had up his sleeve. He was always doing something sneaky.

. . .

You wandered onto the roof to find L standing there all alone. You approached him and stood beside the man you loved looking out onto the horizon. The sun was slowly setting, which coated the cityscape in golden hues. It was beautiful and mesmerizing.

"This is breathtaking," You mumbled, unable to take your eyes off the sight.

"Yes, it is," L echoed your thoughts. His nimble fingers awkwardly fumbled with what rested in his pocket. He feared this would go horribly wrong, but he also feared what would happen if he failed to go through with it.

"(Y/n), I asked you here for something more than just to look at the sunset," L explained. You glanced in his direction and smiled, although you were slightly confused. Why would he need to talk to you? Was he... was he going to break up with you? Your heart failed to work for a split second as the thought crossed your mind and your smile dissipated.

"Wh-what did you need?" You asked, giving L your full attention. You watched in anticipation as L took a deep breath, his eyes focusing on the ground rather than on you.

"You've always been there, you've always been the one person I could turn to and who... understands me," L began, feeling his hands begin to shake. "I love you more than I could ever explain, but I don't want to be your boyfriend anymore."

"What?" You nearly whispered. "This can't be happening... " You felt a gross and heavy feeling in your stomach. Your fears were real; the love of your life was actually ending your relationship. L quickly realized that he forgot to finish his thought.

"No!" L tried to find the proper words to express what he was feeling but found nothing. He looked into your big (e/c) eyes and saw the tears brimming inside of them. He felt bad for misleading you but hoped they would be tears of joy soon. He got down on one knee and pulled the little ring he kept in his pocket to hold out for you.

"I never thought I'd have anyone like you in my life, and I am beyond thankful for you and everything you are," L stated as tears fell from your eyes. "I no longer want to be your boyfriend. I want to be your husband if you'll have me."

"What is wrong with you?" You asked as you sobbed tears of joy. "You should have led with that!" You fell to your knees and flung your arms around him. He held you and laughed as you failed to prevent the waterfall of happiness from flowing out of your eyes. You leaned back as L wiped away your tears and smiled.

"Yes, I'll have you, detective," You told him with a sniff and a blissful grin.

"That's good to hear, detective. I love you, (Y/n)."

You watched as the sun disappeared behind the horizon, hand-in-hand. You rested your head against his shoulder as you sat on the roof of the building. You couldn't recall a time you felt such pure happiness, joy, and peace. Nothing in the world means more to you than your new fiancé. What had you ever done to deserve this? This beautiful moment, this picture-perfect scene, this wonderful love you would not trade anything for, this future with someone whom you would give your life for in a heart-beat.

You looked at Lawliet as he gazed out onto the skyline with soft obsidian eyes. What had you ever done to deserve him? Your life was forever changed, and you knew it well.

𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑒𝓃𝒹.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

596K 20.9K 81
Y/n didn't expect her life to take a turn for the weird. She along with her best friend Light Yagami join L on the Kira case. Y/n was smart and a gre...
1M 26K 88
ADVENTURETIMEFANTICS L X READER ONESHOT SERIES 1 BOOK 1 "They call me L, but you can call me tonight..." Various oneshots with L Lawliet, the worlds...
362 32 10
Kira: the world's most popular serial killer. After nearly a year of tracking down the elusive culprit, who has the power to kill someone with only a...
445K 18.1K 73
[Book 1/?] [unedited] You had known L since he arrived at the orphanage thanks to Mr Wammy telling you to make friends with him and show him around...