The Hurt Behind Your Eyes

By skyeblanco

When Rachel Bliss moved to North Carolina all she wanted was to start over. But somehow everytime something g... More

Prologue
The arrival
The same
The stores
Day one
Your eyes
The past
Cousins?
Edgar
Paradise
Secrets
Anger
Hurt
The pain
Regret
Happiness
I smile
Behind the Scenes
Signed
Suprises
Photo shoot
apologies or lies
Trouble

The call

16 0 1
By skyeblanco

I’m so happy I never thought I’d say this but I think I actually want to marry him one day. Soon maybe. I’m not sure but he understands what I’ve been through and how I feel. He has experienced the same things I have and that brings us even closer together.  I can’t explain how happy I am I mean the smile on my face literally reaches my eyes. I can’t stop smiling and I just feel like jumping up and down like a little girl.  I know silly right but if you’ve ever been in love you would know how I feel. My heart is healed and well it’s great that he feel the same way.

Today we are going to the studio to record our last two songs hopefully everything goes fine and we finish. We have the best in the business and they say this record is going to blow the critics mind. Which makes me even happier plus we have millions of fans by now and articles on magazines have talked about us in a positive way they haven’t found anything negative to say which is a first in the music industry writers try to show every side. But it’s going great.

All of a sudden I receive a text message from Uscher.

“Hey want to eat some breakfast before we go to the studio” I smiled at the text and gladly texted back a yes. He told me he was in the café across the street so I took the elevator down. Then I crossed the street shockingly I saw Amanda with her arms all over him. My jaw dropped. Did she really fly all the way over here from North Carolina? The hell is her problem. I quickly opened the café doors and slapped a smile on my face. I grabbed Uscher’s hand and placed the other behind his neck and kissed him. We sure stayed like that for a while and I swear I felt Amanda roll her eyes and people staring. Then Uscher placed his hands on my hips and brought me closer but Amanda “coughed” and we let go, still holding each other’s hand we stared at her.

“Oh…hi Amanda. I had no idea you were here” I said mockingly.

“Look they want us to sing a song together after her” Uscher explained glancing towards Amanda.

“So..She sings here?” I asked.

“Yeah this one’s for you” Amanda said with a smile. She grabbed the microphone and whispered something to the band and the music started to play.

Of course she would sing this song. She hates me.

“You’re so fine I want you mine you’re so delicious I think about you all the time you’re so addictive don’t you know what I could do to make you feel alright (alright, alright, alright)? Don’t pretend I think you know I’m damn precious And Hell Yeah I’m the motherfucking princess I can tell you like me too and you know I’m right She’s like so whatever You could do so much better I think we should get together now and that’s what everyone’s talking about!”

Of course I was annoyed but hey I know she’s going to run out of the room when Uscher and I sing our song.  Actually I think I’m going to sing a song by myself before the duet. Oh yes that’s exactly what I’m going to do and I know the perfect song.

The song was over and Amanda took a bow with a huge smile on her face she stared at me in satisfaction and I just smiled. Then she jumped of stage and handed me the microphone

I told Uscher my plan and he agreed he just didn’t know the song I was going to sing but he probably had an idea.

“Hi everyone I’m going to be singing a song before the duet, hope you enjoy it. This one’s for you” I explained pointing at Amanda at the end.

The music started out slow and I began to sing.

“You used to make my heart pound just the thought of you, you used to be a cold wind, always blowing through, but I won't take it anymore, that's not what I came here for I'm stuck in your head I'm back,   back from the dead Got you running scared I'm fearless I'm calling you out I'm taking you down don't you come around I'm fearless” The music kept playing and then stopped and I bowed my head. Then in a few seconds the music started to play again but it came back louder and more powerful and I started once again.

“Oh Whoa Oh Whoa Oh Whoa Oh I got the upper hand now and your losing ground you never had to fight back never lost a round you see the gloves are coming off tell me when you've had enough

Yeah ready for a showdown and we're face to face I think I'll rearrange it put you into place you don't get the best of me check it your afraid of me I'm stuck in your head I'm back back from the dead got you running scared I'm fearless I'm calling you out I'm taking you down Don't you come around I'm fearless” I smiled as I sang and I stared at her. I could tell she was furious I swear I saw flames. But right when she was about to leave I finished up the song and Uscher came up the stage with his guitar. He sat on a stool and I did too. A guy placed a microphone in front of Uscher while people applauded.

Uscher introduced himself and then we whispered about what song we were going to play and when we finally decided on Seether and Amy lee’s Broken he started to play.

“I wanted you to know, that I love the way you laugh, I wanna hold you high and steal your pain… away. I keep your photograph; and I know it serves me well. I wanna hold you high and steal your pain…” Then we started to sing together and I closed my eyes “Because I’m broken, when I’m lonesome, and I don’t feel right when you’re gone away. You’ve gone away…you don’t feel me…here…anymore” then he stopped singing and I was left to sing alone he kept playing and I emotionally sang. “The worst is over now and we can breathe again. I wanna hold you high, you steal my pain...away. There’s so much left to learn, and no one left to fight. I wanna hold you high, and steal your pain!” We kept singing and finished of the song. When we were done people stood up and clapped wildly. It was a beautiful song and we’ve played it before on some of our tour concerts but only about twice.

I loved that song a lot, it has such a nice flow beat and the lyrics are beautiful. Oh let’s not forget how great it sounds when Uscher and I sing it. And it describes a bit how we feel as well.

“Nicely done” Uscher said kissing me.

“You too” I whispered with a smile.

Uscher received a call and his face changed. He said okay and hung up. His whole face changed it was no longer relaxed and he looked tense.

“I have to go” He rushed the words as he left.

I was confused and left behind like an idiot. I have no idea what happened but it was certainly not good.

___________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up this morning worried. I haven’t heard from Uscher since that weird call and I’m starting to wonder what happened. Well I’ve been wondering I just hope no one got hurt. I mean I didn’t even sleep well the anxiety reached my dreams. I started to dream about the call and terrible things so it wasn’t a good sleep. But like always I walked o the bathroom and brushed my teeth and took a shower.

It’s weird do he didn’t even show up at the studio and we weren’t able to finish recording the two songs. We got some of it done but with ought him we couldn’t do a lot of things. I’ve called him a million times and now I’m going to call him again. As I step out of the shower I grab my phone and dial his number he answers at the first ring.

“Thank god are you okay” I asked worried.

“Yeah…um we need to talk” he sounded worried and sad.

“Um…okay. Are you sure your fine?” I asked once again confused.

“Yeah look meet me in front of the mall” he said hanging up.

I stared at my phone confused and quickly snapped out of it. I placed the ring he gave me on and got dressed. I walked out of the door quickly and took a cab.

I got there in less than fifteen minutes and as I look out the window I noticed him pacing around in front of the mall. I got out of the cab and threw some cash into the driver’s hands and closed the door. The driver murmured something incomprehensible under his breath but I wasn’t paying any attention.

I ran towards Uscher and stopped right in front of him he didn’t smile. He was emotionless. I tried to kiss him but he turned away. Maybe he was sick and he didn’t want to get me sick. Right?

“We…um…this isn’t working out” he spat out.

“W-w-what do…you mean?” I stuttered. I was shocked. He was breaking up with me. But why he just gave me a ring a few days ago. He seemed so happy.

“I’m breaking up with you” he said slowly.

Tears piled up in my eyes and I looked at the ground. I shook my head as I closed my eyes. This isn’t happening he just gave me a ring. He wanted to get married but didn’t tell me because he thought he’ll push me away. And Edgar he said Uscher couldn’t stop talking about me. This must be a nightmare.

“Look your to….much work….you have problems and things from the past that you can’t…let go. You cry everyday about something that happened long ago…you made me shoot you.” I cut him off.

“No! You just gave me a ring. You’re not doing this” I said with anger looking into his eyes. I could tell he didn’t want to do this but why was he.

“You’re the reason I’m like this. I’m so fucked up am scared to do anything because people might find out I was the one that pulled the trigger. You have to leave me alone” he said angrily and  quite loudly.

I cried and I could feel my face turning red. My heart just broke into little tiny pieces. I was shattered. All the pain I have forgotten all the times I’ve been hurt it was all back. And that particular day, the day I almost died he just threw in my face that it was my fault he pulled the trigger.

As I looked up I swear I saw regret in his eyes yet he just walked away.

I saw Edgar approach him and then with a confused face look at me. He rushed to my aid. And all I did was wrap my arms around him and cry.

“I’m sorry….but what happened?” he asked confused.

“He…he bro-bro-broke up with me…” I managed to say.

“That’s not possible. He loves you” he said yet still confused.

When he said that I pulled away and became filled with anger.  I dried my tears with my scarf and I stared at him.

“You and him. Both of you lied to me all this time!  He didn’t mean shit of what he has ever told me! And neither have you. You stay away from me and your brother better not come anywhere near me either” I said angrily. I walked away but before that I saw Edgar stand in shock. Then he began to call me but I just kept on walking back to the hotel but half way there I began to cry again.  I don’t know but it felt like someone had ripped my heart out and hammered it. Laughed as I started to die and then beat me up and revived me so I could live with the pain. That’s exactly how I feel. He was just using me and who knows Edgar might have been too or at least that’s what I said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206K 5.2K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
7.9K 230 29
Zara was sent to juvenile for burning down her crush father's lake house, for 2 years she was 16 years old........ 2 years later Zara was free she g...
1.9M 44.2K 22
NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON KINDLE AND IBOOKS! ---------------------- Meet Jason Henderson. A 21 year old hopeless romantic. Playing with girls hearts ju...
82.4K 2.6K 29
First day back at school after the Summer, and the truth all comes out. Rachel Jones was in Year 13, hoping to enjoy her last year at school. But tha...