Accepting the Alpha

By under_your_skin

Do you know what it's like to have your life changed in a blink of an eye? Never would I have ever imagined m... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Fixed a chapter
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 7 part 2
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 14

1.5K 44 8
By under_your_skin

Hey guys, sorry I've been AWOL for forever.  Schools' been a really pain and I swear I've been missing writing more than anything.  I can't make promises but uploads will be a little off until Christmas, that's when I'll been done with all my college applications!! YAY!!

RECAP: I was trapped between Kyle and my locker.  The proximity of how close he was is making my body react in strange ways.  Those sparks were no longer just sparks, it was a full blown fire.  I looked in his eyes to see my emotions mirrored in his eyes.  

The next thing I know, we're in an empty classroom with his hand gripping my waist tight.  I couldn't help the stupid grin that appeared on my face because God, this, this was making me feel complete.

Chapter 14

Surrounding me was his winter fresh woody smell.  God I loved this smell.  It was forever engraved in my mind.  Everything about him was, his soft brown hair, his strong jaw, his soft lips, his blazing greenish blue eyes.  How can eyes that color be filled with so much fire?

His arms never let me go.

"Kyle."

"Mmm?" He mumbled into my neck.

"Not here." He stopped and looked me dead in the eye for 5 seconds, calculating what I said.  In a swift movement, I was in his arms and we were out the back door of the school. 

Oh God, skipping was turning into a habit.  I might as well drop out of school and raise three kids in a trailer.

I was to engrossed in his soaking up his features that I didn't realize we were by a river in a forest.  What the heck?  He saw my perplexed expression and chuckled.

He slided down the side of the tree with me on top straddling him, "The perks of being a werewolf."

I gave him a tight smile.  I wasn't used to the concept.  It was still weird for me; I was accepting it. In other words I was coping with it for him, it's not easy, but I'm trying.

He looked hurt and that hurt me.  I was never into the whole prince charming thing, never understood how they felt, or said they felt in that romance movie.  But now, I was finally getting it.  My heart was on fire.  This, this felt right.

I sighed in content and leaned into him.

"What are you thinking?"

"Nothing interesting."

"Everything about you is interesting, I'm sure your thoughts fit the criteria."

I smiled, I didn't want to answer him, instead I kissed him.  He didn't seem to mind.  

Just as the kiss was intensifying he broke it. "Now that's not fair."

"I don't know what you're talking about?" I gave him an innocent look, but I'm pretty sure I had a good enough idea of what he was implying.

"The question. You didn't answer it."

"What question? I'm sorry but you make me lose my train of thoughts." I winked at him.

He raised his eyebrow, "That's not good enough."

I sighed and didn't answer for a while.  I looked past him at the river.  I loved how the sound of the rushing water was the forest's source of music.

I looked him square in the eye for what was eternity.  I loved the feeling I got when that happened.  It was like I was no longer me, not one person anymore.  It was as if we were both one, like I saw every aspect of him and him of me.  "I was thinking about you, about how this feels so right."

He smiled and kissed me.  His soft lips molding against mine following the same rhythm as mine.  His tongue touch my lip, and I willingly parted them.

When I felt like I was running out of breath, he broke away.  Small kisses planted themselves on my jaw all the way down the crane of my neck.  His hot breath was all I felt against my skin.

He pulled back and looked at me.

Kyle's POV

I looked into her eyes and there was no one more beautiful then she was.  In this moment was perfection.  In her eyes were honesty, kindness, and vulnerability,  I knew that there would be no one I would ever want more then her.  Not just now, but for eternity.  That's what looking into her eyes was, it was a glimpse of eternity.  It was a beautiful dream that I never, ever wanted to wake up from.

I leaned back into the crane of her neck, that's the spot.  I felt her body arch into mine and I lost control.

My wolf was screaming She's mine as my teeth sunk into her soft skin.

I heard her gasp in both shock and surprise.

Scarlett's POV

What the hell? He bit me!

Like a full on bite, with teeth and everything.

Wait! Am I going to turn into a wolf now?

For the second time, I slapped Kyle.

"What the hell was that?"  He looked at me wide-eyed, not answering me at first.

"Sweetheart, don't get mad but...."  He stopped talking.  But what? But what Kyle?

I gave him a pointed look, "But.." Motioning with my hand for him to continue.

"I just marked you."

What? At first I was shocked now I'm just confused.  The puzzled look on my face must've been obvious because then he started to talk really fast and I didn't understand a word of what he was saying.

I grabbed his face in both my hands. "Wait, wait Kyle.  Slow down."

"By marking you, I declared that you are mine to every male, so no one can touch you."

I felt the heat rush through my nose and eyes.  I don't know why but the confusion and need to understand was making me want to cry.  I knew the tears wouldn't come out but the stupid heat was more then I can handle at the moment.  I was trying to get up and create some space for me to think, but he wasn't letting go of his tight hold on me.

"Hey, I'm sorry, don't look so upset please.  I just couldn't help it.  I'm so, so sorry Scarlett."  His hand moved from waist and was now cupping my face.

"So what? Now I have no choice?"

"No.  Scarlett you will always have a choice.  I'm not going to force you into anything, ever."

I sighed in defeat; I've been doing that a lot lately, sighing.  "Okay."

"Okay?"

"Yeah Kyle, okay.  What did you want me to throw a fit or something?"

"No, it's just that you continue to surprise me.  Every time I think I have you figured out, you go and do the completely opposite of what I'm expecting."

A silly grin broke out on my face. "Let's go."  I got up, pulling him with me.

We walked back, at my pace, holding hands.  It took way longer getting back than actually getting there.  What a surprise.

"Hey Kyle, is it okay if I don't come in today?"

"Why? Is there something wrong?"

"No, I just really want to head home today."

"Okay.  It's no big deal."

I smiled and gave him a quick kiss. "Thanks."

I ran ahead of him trying to beat him back.  I turned around "Catch me if -ahhh."  He was tackling me from behind, instead of falling though I was up high; well high for me, I'm pretty sure this is his standard height.  "No, put me down.  I'm afraid of heights Kyle."

He broke out in hysterical laughter, "Heights?"  He asked breathlessly.

"This may be normal for you, but it's higher than I'm comfortable with."  He put me down still laughing.  "It's not funny, jerk."

"No baby, it's not.  It's hilarious."  

I stared at him, "You feel that Kyle, that's me strangling you with my mind,"

"Ouch, that's a soft spot."

I started walking back alone while he was trying to catch his breath from laughing. 

"Wait, sweetheart. I promise, I'll stop laughing."

"No, I'm not talking to you anymore."

"Why not?  Come on."  I didn't so much as look at him. "Are you serious, Scarlett?"  Still not going to reply, Kyle.  Laugh at that sucker. "Sweetheart, come on.  Don't be like that."

Still not going to reply loser.  I was trying to out-walk him, but his long strides were keeping up with no effort from his part.  I was starting to see the school's parking lot when Kyle wrapped his arms around me from the back and nuzzled his head in my neck.  "Scarlett, I'm not letting you go until no you talk to me."

"No."

"But you just did."

"No I didn't."

"You did it again."

"Are you trying to provoke me?  Gee Kyle, do you just sit there and think to yourself, what can I do to annoy Scarlett today, and you just go ahead and do it.?"

He laughed, "No, but I can start if you want me to."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Let go jerk."

"Okay, but give me a kiss."

"Okay, let go first."  He did, but instead of kissing him, I left him standing there with a surprised face.  "Maybe next time."

"You don't play fair, sweetheart."

"Never said I would." I winked at him and made my way to my car.  I got in and just as I was about to put my seat belt on, the door opened. 

"Since we're cheating, I'm going to have that kiss now."  His lips brushed lightly against mine, making me want to deepen it.  No Scarlett, that's what he wants.  Stay strong girl.  

"Happy now?"

He furrowed his brows, "Not really."

"Bye Kyle."  I playfully pushed him away from my car to close the door again.  Before the door closed I heard him say "So eager to get rid of me."

I made my way home with only him on my mind.  I know its dangerous to daze out while driving, but against all odds, I made it home safely.

It's freezing out here, I feel like my nose is going to fall off.

"They're not taking care of the problem properly. We have to fix it.  That's what happens when you put a teenager in charge."  My dad's angry voice rang through the front door. 

"Steven, this happens all the time.  Why are you worked up about it?"

"Because this time, it's closer to us than any other time."

"What's closer dad?"

Dun-dun-dun.  What do you think will happen?

Again. I'm so sorry about the long wait.  You can thank Sandy for the chapter, if it didn't hit here then I would be busy with school work.  No school all last week, weepee.

I was listening to the song on the side and all I could think about was Kyle and Scarlett.  So this chapter happened, I hope it was worth the wait.  But I now have an obsession with this duo band.

Anyways hope you enjoy this, and if you did vote and comment, maybe even fan.

Thanks for being so patient with me you guys. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

354K 16.5K 37
Grace did everything she could to separate herself from the supernatural world. Little did she know, one moment of weakness would destroy all of her...
2.4K 90 15
They say that your drunk thoughts are what your sober consciousness wants. Does that mean I want you? I can't get you out of my mind. All I see is...
1.2M 30.8K 24
"I can listen to your thoughts!" I whisper panicking again. He begins to smile while I back away. Oh moon goddess I'm sure he will kill me now. No I...
18.7K 660 24
Lily looked up from the coffee she was drinking to see an intense gaze from the other corner. While it gave her a flutter in her stomach, she flashed...