I'll Help You « Michael × Eva...

Galing kay Obsessively_nerdy

(So... pretend that Evan "attempted" at the beginning of the year-ish, instead of summer. For the story. ;)) ... Higit pa

-Chapter One-
-Chapter Two-
-Chapter Three-
-Chapter Four-
-Chapter Four ½-
-Chapter Five-
-Chapter Six-
-Chapter Six ½-
-Chapter Seven-
-Chapter Seven ½-
-Chapter Nine-
-Chapter Nine ½-
-Chapter Nine ¾-
🌼Smol A/N🌼
-Chapter 10-

-Chapter Eight-

155 5 19
Galing kay Obsessively_nerdy

~Buddy you and I for forever this way, this way~

T.W: Yelling/kinda argument and Bird Box spoilers. That's pretty much it😂 I figure I might as well give you guys some fluff, so...

      Michael's eyes fluttered open, only to shut again tightly to hide away from the blinding light. He groaned, rolling over to, what he thought, was an empty space in his bed. He was really met with warm arms enveloping around his torso and soft lips pressing into his forehead, feeling fingers comb through his hair.

Evan...

      That made him open his eyes, despite how bright it was at the moment. His eyes met Evan's instantly, seeing as how the acorn was staring down at him, making the both of them flush.

"M-morning M-Mikey."

      Michael shifted, hiding his face into Evan's chest.

Who gave him the right to be fucking adorable??

      He smiled as he felt the acorn still playing with his hair, curling up into his hoodie.

"W-was that nickname okay? Sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"No. It was great, Evy. I like it. My moms call me that sometimes, too. So..."

       Michael heard his breath hitch at the nickname, and he smirked. Evan was blushing; he could tell.

"U-uh... breakfast?" Evan stuttered out.

"We could have cereal? Is that okay?" Michael offered.

      Evan nodded, starting to sit up.

"Nooooooo," Michael whined, hugging him tighter.

"Michael,"  Evan giggled. "We gotta get up."

      Michael shuddered.

"I despise that sentence with every fiber of my being."

      Evan snickered, shaking his head and pulling the blankets off of the both of them.

"Evan!" Michael cried out, clutching onto him even tighter.

"Micha. Come on. I'll even get a-a bowl of cereal for you."

      Michael huffed, shaking his head and hiding into Evan further.

"Micha," Evan sighed. "Okay. I hate t-to do this, but no more cuddles f-for the rest of the day unless you g-get out of bed right now."

       The gaymer boi yelped, instantly rolling off of Evan and jumping off the bed.

"I'm up, I'm up!!!!" he yelled, running downstairs.

       The acorn giggled, climbing out of bed. He walked downstairs, only to find Michael laying on the couch with a blanket over himself.

"Michael!" Evan laughed, keening over slightly.

"I'm tired, okay?" the other snorted as Evan made his way tto the kitchen. "Do you want me to get a movie going while you get cereal for us, Evy?"

      Evan flushed at the, apparently reoccurring, nickname.

"U-um... sure!"

      Michael nodded, standing up from the couch with a lot more struggle than he should've had, and walked over to his bookshelf of movies.

"Hey... how do you feel about horror movies?"

      Evan paused his search for the cereal boxes, and shrugged before continuing.

"I-I've  never really watched them- ahah!" he smiled triumphantly, eyes brightening when he saw the box of 'Lucky Charms.'

"Well..." he trailed off. "You wanna watch your first one with me? We can start off with something small. Like uh... oh! I have IT. Wait..." he paused, realizing that might not be the best one to start with.

      Evan squinted his eyes unsurely, bringing the bowls into the living room.

"Jared said he's watched that one... isn't it like... super gory? And I... I get scared easily."

"Yeah... yeah, it is. Um... there's Jaws, or Us, or... oh! I have Netflix! What about Bird Box?"

      Evan hummed unsurely.

"I dunno Mikey... I mean, w-with my anxiety, d-do you really think watching a movie like that would b-be... wise?"

      Michael shrugged, grabbing the remote and sitting next to the tree boi.

"Actually... people with anxiety are more likely to enjoy horror movies. Or at least not get scared," he pointed out.

"W-wait, really? How?"

"Okay, so. Horror movies alone are supposed to make people anxious. But people that have anxiety are so used to it, and expecting it, that they just don't get scared. Obviously, that doesn't apply to everyone with anxiety, and when people with anxiety do watch it they need to avoid their triggers. Like... you're obviously hesitant around gore"- Evan nodded- " and I hate anything paranormal. So... maybe this is worth a shot?" he rambled.

      Evan smiled, letting out a giggle as Michael flushed.

"S-sorry. I kinda know these random facts and I get really excited when I talk about them."

      The acorn shook his head, grinning.

"D-don't apologize. It's... i-it's cute."

      He snickered again as Michael blushed brighter, and handed him his bowl of cereal.

"B-but... do you want to try it Ev?"

       Evan shrugged and nodded hesitantly as he played with the hem of his shirt. Michael frowned, pulling up the movie but tilting his head to the side as he saw Evan's face light up.

"I-it has Sandra Bullock in it??"

"You like Sandra Bullock?" Michael smiled.

"I-I love her!"

"Hmm... alright. How about this. If you end up not liking the movie, we can turn on any other Sandra Bullock movie you want."

"Deal!"

      The slushie boi nodded with a grin, starting the movie as Evan started to anxiously bite his nails. Michael scowled, gently taking Evan's hand away from his mouth and holding it.

"Relax. I've got you. It's not even that scary, and we're only trying it out."

      Evan nodded, and bounced his knee nervously this time. Michael sighed and grabbed Evan's waist gently, pulling him to his lap and wrapping his arms around him.

"You just need to relax, Ev. It's really not that bad. I promise."

      Evan, although a bit more squeamish at first, found himself relaxing a bit more and leaned his back against Michael's chest.

      Throughout the beginning of the movie Evan was really jumpy, but Michael would instantly calm him down. After about ⅓ of the movie Evan was starting to officially calm down, and he was actually... kind of getting into it.

      Of course, Michael covered Evan's eyes when there was that... intimate scene, because he needs his purity. And Evan absolutely loves the birds. They might actually be his favorite characters. And they're birds. But when Tom died... Evan lost it.

"He... he died?!?! What?!?! But... now she's all alone! With two kids!!" he sobbed.

      Michael smiled a bit, seeing as how sensitive the smol boi was, and hugged around him tightly. Evan shifted so he was facing Michael, and hid his face in his chest.

"She was actually happy!"

"But at least she still has her kids, right?"

      The acorn nodded with a sniffle.

"See? Always look on the bright side. And the birds are still okay! Look-"

      And that was when Michael realized he never paused the movie, and the boat was about to tip over.

      Evan noticed Michael's hesitancy and instantly turned to the tv. The retro boi was about to cover the other's eyes until Evan held his hands away, gasping when everyone fell into the water.

"LEMONY CRICKET AND JIMINY SNICKET! Do they die??? Michael do they die?!?! THE BIRDS!!!! MICHAEL THE-" (Major props to you if you get that reference-)

"Ev. Relax. Just watch."

      Evan huffed, leaning into laughing Michael while watching the tv anxiously. He sighed in relief when he saw that everyone was okay, but he bit his lio nervously.

"Where are the birds? M-Michael? Where. Are. The. Birds??"

      Michael snickered, waiting and remaining silent.

"Micha? I- oh thank god. Finally! She's actually smart!"

"Ev... you love the birds way too much."

      The rest of the movie consisted of quotes like:

"DON'T TAKE THE BLINDFOLD OFF YOU STUPID BIRCH!"

      And "School for the blind? What the gosh why didn't I think of that before???"

      Along with a bunch of shouts of "PUPPIES!!!"

      Michael couldn't stop laughing.

"That movie was really good! E-except for the fact that Tom died, but still!"

"So... you liked it? I was right?" he smirked.

      Evan sighed.

"Yeah, yeah. You were right."

      The gaymer boi smiled.

"Called it."

"B-but can we watch 'Ocean's 8' now?"

      Michael nodded, placing Evan off of his lap gently. Just as he got up, though, Evan let out a tiny shriek, and Michael spun around, eyes wide.

"What?? What is it?!"

"It's my mom!!! She literally called me 87 times!!" he screeched, looking down at his phone.

"You... you didn't tell her where you were, did you?"

"N-no... I didn't. Oh god, she's probably horrified, and- and what if she's called the cops???" he panicked.

      Michael grabbed onto Evan's shoulders lightly, gathering the acorn's attention.

"Evy, calm down. I'll drive you home, and you can call her on the way there. I'll be with you, and I'll make sure you don't get in trouble, okay?"

      Evan took a deep breath, nodding.

"Okay... okay. B-but we need to go. Like... n-now."

      Michael nodded instantly, taking his hand and pulling him outside of the house and to the car. Evan rushed to the passenger seat as Michaels tarted the engine, the latter driving away.

      Evan was about to call his mom but he paused, gulping.

"Evan? What is it?"

"I-I already hate talking o-on the phone as is, I d-don't wanna-"

"How about we just... talk to her when we get there? Don't worry, okay?" he smiled reassuringly, placing his hand on the tree expert's knee gently.

      Evan flushed, nodding and placing his hand on top of Michael's.

      After a short- but tensely long to them- car ride, Evan and Michael rushed out the car after second-mentioned parked. Evan ran up to the front door, quickly knocking as Michael walked up behind him.

      The door opened instantly, revealing a panicked Heidi.

      And she looked like hell.

      Her hair was knotted into a messy ponytail, eyes red, mascara smudged and streaming down her cheeks, and still in her scrubs.

      She let out a loud sigh of relief, along with a few sniffles.

"Y-you..." she trailed off, covering her mouth as an attempt to cover up her cries.

      But then her eyes gleamed with a dangerous anger that made Evan want to hide under a rock, and Michael panic internally.

"You," she growled, tugging him inside by the ear.

      Michael instantly stepped in after them, closing the door behind himself as Evan let out a surprised cry.

"Where in the hell were you??? Do you know how worried I was?! I got home, only to see you weren't in bed!!! I didn't get a wink of sleep, I was so scared!!!!"

"M-mom I'm sorry!!! But-"

"But what?! You didn't leave a note, or a call, or a text! What were you thinking???"

      Michael instantly stepped forward, subtly placing his hand on the small of Evan's back comfortingly.

"A-actually, Ms. Hansen, it's all my fault."

      Heidi cocked an eyebrow, folding her arms and tapping her foot impatiently.

"Elaborate."

      Michael sighed as Evan looked up at him in confusion.

"I-I... was having a sort of crisis, and needed him. By the time I calmed down, we were both too tired to realize we should contact you. We rushed here as soon as we saw that you called."

      Heidi's eyes softened, and she nodded slowly.

"Okay... okay. Evan... you're grounded-"

"W-what-?"

"Just until Monday. You're still slightly at fault here. Now hand over your phone."

"B-but-"

"Evan."

      Evan sighed, and handed over his phone from his back pocket.

"How are you doing now, sweetie?" Heidi asked Michael gently.

      Michael shrugged, looking down at Evan.

"I'm... I'm alright," he smiled.

      Evan beamed, looking back up at the retro boi. Heidi smiled with a nod, letting out a sigh.

"I... I should probably go, huh?" Michael consulted.

      Heidi instantly shook her head, Evan frowning glumly.

"Actually I'm just starting lunch, so feel free to stay if you'd like!"

      Michael's eyes instantly widened, taking out his phone and checking the time.

"I... actually gotta go. My moms were on a business thing the whole night and if they get home and I'm not there, they'll freak."

      Evan sighed and nodded sadly, Heidi frowning with a nod.

"Alright. Have a safe trip home, kiddo!" she called out while walking into the kitchen.

"Thanks!"

"Do you have t-to go?" Evan asked.

      Michael smiled, pecking his forehead and opening the front door.

"I do. But how about this? I take you out on our first date tomorrow, and I'll pick you up at 5:30. In the afternoon," he offered. "Casual wear."

      Evan flushed.

"Y-yeah. Okay."

      Michael smiled, ruffling the acorn's hair before blowing a kiss and walking out the door.

"So..." Heidi smirked from the entryway to the kitchen, making Evan's eyes widen. "Got anything to tell me?"

(Heidi is best mom-😂)

2128 words

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

50.4K 1K 23
in the world of thai bL, couples always find their way to each other, either through unexpected friendship from rivalry or just another messy night. ...
16.1K 1.1K 200
idfk what i'm doing i'm just going to put shitposts here for bmc and deh heere. MUAHAHAHAHA I KNOW THE TITLE ISNT CENTERED IN THE COVER HAHAHAHAHAH i...
83.3K 3K 37
So I found this AU and I kinda fell in love... so I decided to write about it. It takes place after BMC, but when DEH would start. It includes ships...
39.6K 2.8K 62
Marrying a straight person isn't good at all. But falling in love with a straight person is it wrong? Having crush on him for several years is it a c...