Wabi Sabi || Vkook ||

By animemanga_bts

❝ (n.) the discovery of beauty in imperfection. ❞ •*☽✧» A Vkook Fαnfic «✧☾*• More

Hello! ♡
》Mum《

》Numb《

94 5 14
By animemanga_bts

1.

a/n : Please turn on your volume and the video above before reading. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.・───

"Why is it so beautiful." he sighed, his breath hitched a bit.

"I don't know, but it sure is."

The skies were imbued with multiple hues of purple and pink along with a blend of orange clouds. It seemed like a perfectly painted piece of art. The summer breeze ruffled his brown hair, making him smile softly. The drowning sun had illuminated the riverside, creating a dazzling illusion of euphoria in him.

Somehow his eyes seemed to sparkle, his heart started to beat again.

As he closed his eyes he could hear the faint cries of white cranes in the distance, probably flying back to their homes.

It was comforting, this warm feeling that filled his chest, for some reason it consoled him.

"Let's go." the other boy tugged his sleeve, smiling a goofy grin.

"Hmm, we need to get to the subway." he replied, as he was gently dragged ahead.

They crossed the bridge reaching the other side of the river, swiftly jogged down the stairs making their way into the busy subway just to wait for a good ten minutes.

Someone bumped into Taehyung while brushing past, he instantly bowed his head a bit.

Gosh, reflexes.

"Ouch!" the boy wearing the black mask shrieked as both of their heads collided.

"I'm sorry!" both blurted out at the same time. The brown-haired just chuckled while rubbing his head in an attempt to soothe the pain.

The boy wearing all black attire promptly apologized, "I should have looked where I was going." guilt evident in his tone.

"Uh, it's okay! Please be careful." he smiled a little.

Taehyung watched the boy merge in with the crowd, to his surprise the boy glanced back and nodded before disappearing.

Weird.

The blinking lights on the announcement board alerted the crowd that the train was to arrive soon.

"Jimin!" Taehyung awoke his companion by waving hands between the phone and his vision.

"Hehe sorry, Tae" he whispered as they boarded the train, through the glass panel doors.

Subway trains were brightly lit. Windows were large, clear glassed, one could see their own reflection.

Taehyung tried to peek out, it was dark already. Just a few minutes ago the skies radiated a lovely magenta and now, it was pitch black. With occasional street lamps illuminating the window panes, he could see the reflection, the crowd of diverse passengers. Most of them were the middle-aged working population who spent their whole day cramped in their offices, living a monotonous life.

Jimin stood beside him holding a pole near the doors. His gaze lowered at his hands that held his phone.

Taehyung continued to stare out mindlessly. He subdued his thoughts inducing a numb spell. He didn't know how long it was like this, it was their daily routine for almost three years now. They still wore the same uniform, a white button-up shirt with caramel brown pants and a dim red tie. Their shoulders still carried the burden of those backpacks which became heavier as the days went by.

The train came to a halt snapping Tae out of his numbing trance.

Getting off the subway station, both were surprised to see a middle-aged lady.

Jimin's mother, Mrs. Park.

Resting on one of those wooden benches, she looked as graceful as ever. Her short, black hair glistened under the street lights as they swayed along with the breeze.

"Mom! How come you're here today?" Jimin smiled and ran towards the bench, Taehyung following him behind.

"Hello Mrs. Park." the brunet greeted her.

"Hey, boys! I was waiting for you! Aren't you both tired of traveling this long for that damn cram school?" she frowned.

Yes, I'm tired, I'm just so sick of it.

"It's fine mom, Taehyung's with me there's no need to worry! " he nudged Taehyung with his elbow a bit.

"Haha, yeah it's fine." Tae said, doing a good job concealing his emotions which was becoming a habit now.

"Ah! Taehyung I wanted to invite you over for the dinner, Jimin's dad is back and I just wanted to prepare a feast. Your mom must be working late again. Want to come? "

"Gosh! Mom, dad is back? Oh my god! The surgeries were a success?" Jimin squealed.

"I don't know darling, he just called me saying that he was coming back and he sounded cheerful, so I guess they were."

"Taehyung you need to come! It'll be fun to hear how he performed those!! Woah!" Jimin was overexcited.

Taehyung just chuckled at his actions. "I'm sorry Mrs. Park. But I need to go, mum told me that she'll be home early today, I should call her maybe?"

"Didn't she have some surgeries scheduled today?" She asked surprised.

Taehyung just shrugged his shoulders playfully and grinned.

"You're such a lovely child, Mama's pet. aren't you?" Mrs. Park smiled. Her eyes turned to crescents, Jimin's was the same too, he inherited the best of both his parents.

"Huuuh? What about me? Am I not a good boy?" Jimin fake cried trying to hide his laughs and giggles and not choke over them.

Mrs. Park shot a sympathetic look towards Taehyung questioning how he handles her son the whole time.

The brunette brushed it off saying he was an absolute cutie.

And the friendly bickering could've been continued if not for this one phone call.

Tae picked his phone excusing himself politely and moving a few steps away from the mother and son duo.

"Good evening, mum." he spoke in a somber yet dignified tone.

"Good evening, when are you going to come home? I'm waiting for your mark sheet." her voice seemed stern.

"I'm at the station right now. I'll be home soon, Jimin's-" he was cut off before he could complete his sentence.

"Be quick, goodbye."

Beep beep beep.

He tried to redial the number but ...

The person you have called is currently busy please try again later.

Ugh.

He returned to where Jimin and his mother were standing, waiting for him.

"Um, Jimin I guess I have to go. Thank you for the invite, Mrs. Park, I'm so sorry that I can't come, visit you and Dr. Park right now but I'll make sure I'd have a taste of your great feast someday." he flashed a pearly smile.

"Aww it's fine honey, your mum must be waiting for you."

Me? Nah, it's my mark sheet.

"Haha, bye Mrs. Park, bye Chim." he waved and started to walk towards the opposite direction, his home.

His and Jimin's homes were quite the opposite geographically and maybe emotionally too?

Jimin's father worked as a Neurosurgeon alongside Taehyung's mother who is an Orthopaedic surgeon. Both were colleagues and good friends.

Taehyung stopped abruptly near the park. He walked in carefully, into the messy bushes. He removed his bag and sat cross-legged on the sandy earth watching those little kittens yawn. A snap of fingers and all were awake, their mother purred in a low pitch.

It was getting late but Taehyung definitely wanted to spend some time here.

"Hey, Kitty how are you doing? Is it exhausting to raise the kittens alone?" he said caressing her chin.

"I guess you a bit stressed? How 'bout a massage hmmm?"

He smiled and ran his fingers along her fur, he chose a spot near her nape and massaged it to which she just closed her eyes and purred, her paws gently tucked underneath. She looked at him with shiny, dilated pupils. At times head butting and nudging him when he stopped.

He whipped out his phone it showed 8:32 PM.

Oh my gosh! Mum must be waiting for the test results. Ah, I must hurry up.

"Hey Kitty, I'm going now take care okay? Don't move away without telling me hm? I love you." he kissed her forehead while he held her face, both of his hands under her whiskers.

The cat mewed as if she understood each and every word he told.

Taehyung quickly stood up and lifted his backpack, one of his notebooks spilled out. It went unnoticed, Taehyung just sprinted forward at full speed.

Or maybe it was noticed by someone? Sh*t!

Reaching home Taehyung's heartbeat went up like crazy, beads of sweat covered his forehead. It wasn't because of all the running he did just now.

It was because of neurons in the medulla oblongata, they released this hormone adrenaline otherwise known as epinephrine due to ....... fear?

But why fear?

Taehyung feared going home. He feared his mark sheet being revealed to his mother. It was a terrible nightmare come true every Saturday.

Ugh! Calm down. Breathe, breathe. Uff

And he slipped they cold metal key in, twisting it, he pushed the handle and the door creaked open.

Mom? Where is she?

-------

Hello! So, that was the first chapter.

I know it's a bit unclear and weird. Hehehehe.

Also, check out the lyrics of the video I linked above. The song cover by Taehyung and Hoseok was released on May 31, 2015.

Original - 'Hug Me' by Jung Joon Il.

Make sure to vote and comment; it'll encourage me a lot! \(^♡^)/

Thanks for visiting here!~

Happy reading!💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

412K 24.8K 84
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
1.1M 30K 37
After the passing of Abigail Bentley's mother, she is now the only one responsible for her family's well-being. Her father, often too drunk to stand...
91.2K 3.1K 52
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...
561K 8.6K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...