Hidden Away

By bookswitharaceli

Norah Bloodmoon had been forced to live away from her family for seventeen years after being taken from her p... More

Hidden Away
One: The Dream
Two: The Journal
Three: The Attack
Five: "We Found Her"
Six: Escape Attempt
Seven: The Truth
Eight: The Missing Piece
Nine: Pack Introduction
Ten: Confessions
Eleven: Invitation
Twelve: Cracks
Thirteen: Mate
Fourteen: Heart-to-Heart
Fifteen: Dates
Sixteen: King
Seventeen: Rituals and Brothers
Eighteen: Attempt on the King
Nineteen: Love Me From A Distance
Twenty: Moving Forward
Twenty-One: Home
Twenty-Two: Confronting Memories
Twenty-Three: Dad
Twenty-Four: Brushes
Twenty-Five: "I Think I'll Always Need You"
Twenty-Six: Thriving
Twenty-Seven: Hospital
Twenty-Eight: Known Circumstances
Twenty-Nine: You
Thirty: Together We'll Fall
Thirty-One: Birthday Surprises
Thirty-Two: Her Highness
Thirty-Three: The Fallen
Thirty-Four: Confrontation
Thirty-Five: Actions and Consequences
Thirty-Six: Discovery
Thirty-Seven: Their Leader
Thirty-Eight: Betrayal
Thirty-Nine: Unexpected
Forty: "It Should've Been You."

Four: Mistakes

9.2K 368 40
By bookswitharaceli

The feeling of Evan moving under me woke me up. I yawned before stretching my limbs and standing up. I shuddered as the events of the previous day flooded back into my mind.

Morning. Evan's voice echoed in my head.

"I'm not in the mood right now, Evan," I told him. I made sure the fire was completely out by stomping on it before starting to walk in the direction of our home. "I'm going back to look at the aftermath."

In a flash, Evan was in front of me, blocking my way. Are you actually serious?

"Get out of my way, Evan," I warned and made a move to go around him, but he only moved to block me.

You don't know if they're still there, looking for us, He said but I ignored him and tried getting passed him, only ending up in him cutting me off again. I'm being serious.

"And I'm being serious too. Let me pass," I said, more firm this time, looking him in the eyes.

Are you okay? He asked.

"I'm perfectly fine," I lied.

That's a lie. He stated. You fail to remember that I've known you for most of my life.

I sighed in defeat, "I'm not fine. Happy now?"

No.

"No?"

It's going to be-

"It's not okay, Evan!" I snapped. "So don't say it. I've lost everything. I have no one left!"

You have no one left? Hurt was etched into his voice.

"That's not what I-"

Have you forgotten about me!? I flinched at his tone. I studied his wolfy features. He genuinely seemed hurt. He looked like he was trying to suppress tears.

"Evan-"

You're not the only one who's been impacted by this. He said sadly. At least you had a father to look up to. We stayed silent for and I bowed my head.

It's not healthy to keep everything bottled up, you know. Evan said after moments of silence. I looked up and met his gaze.

"What?"

You're bottling everything up. I can tell that you're ready to explode into tears any second now. It's okay to cry. It's okay to let everything out. I only shrugged. He was right; I was ready to explode. I was never one to express my emotions. I was always the stronger one out of the both of us.

"Whatever, I'm going. Can you get out of my way?"

I still don't think you should go, he said and I shrugged again.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to, Evan, but I do know something: you're not going to be able to stop me." He huffed at me before stepping to the side, letting me pass.

I'll stay here and hunt us something to eat, but you have to mind link me if anything happens. He said sternly and I nodded.

"Fine."

*

I gasped as I reached our small pack. It was unrecognizable. Most of the shacks were destroyed, the rest were barely standing. Clothes, food and bodies were littered everywhere.

My heart sunk. There was no way anyone survived. People of all ages were scattered on the ground; both children and adults.

I let tears fall freely down my face as I walked around the place. The metallic smell that I smelt before Evan and I left still lingered. It made me feel sick to my stomach.

I went into my shack, which was one of the few that were barely standing. Everything was a mess. My once neatly folded clothes were scattered all over the floor along with the rest of my things. My matress and blankets were torn to shreds.

I walked around my room and picked up some clothes to change into. I changed before going back outside.

I made my way towards Evan's shack. It was completely destroyed. Only one wall was up and the rest was crumbled to pieces on the ground. I grabbed some of his clothes and stuffed them in an empty duffle bag that was on the ground.

I gasped as I turned around. Four men were surrounding me, each wearing their own murderous looks. I dropped the bag and brought out my hand. One of the men grabbed my wrists and pulled them together behind my back.

Evan! I mind linked him as I pulled on my wrists. Evan, they've got me!

No answer.

Evan!

Nothing.

It got to the point where I was struggling so much, that all four of them were needed to keep me still.

"Hold still!" One of them hissed as they struggled to keep me still. "We aren't going to hurt you."

"Then let me go!" I snapped.

"We cannot do that," another one spoke up. "We need you to come with us."

"I'm not going anywhere with you!" I managed to yank my wrist out of their hold but they managed to grab it securely again before I was able to do anything.

I gasped as I suddenly felt a sharp pain on the side of my neck. My vision started to blur almost instantly. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a thin metal object glisten in the sunlight.

"What did you-" I couldn't even finish my sentence before I collapsed in the arms of one of the men, the rest letting me go. My world turned black as the darkness took over me.

*

Evan

I managed to make my own fire without the help of Norah's powers. I had managed to take down a deer and drag it all the way back to where we stayed the night.

I dragged it over and propped it up by a tree.

Out of nowhere, I heard a growl and I a sudden force slammed me into the tree. I hit the ground and growled, my head spinning from being dazed. I was pinned to the tree suddenly, growling once again. Surrounding me were five men. I could tell that they were the same men that attacked our home. I struggled under the mans hold, making him push me harder into the tree. The bark scraped my fur covered back painfully. The trunk of the tree groaned from how much pressure it was under.

"Shift," the guy that was holding me down ordered. I growled and snapped my jaws at it. "Shift. I'm not going to repeat myself." I internally groaned and decided that cooperating would be my best bet of escaping. I shifted back into my human form and the man handed me a pair if shorts that one of the men behind him handed him. I quickly put the shorts on.

"Where is she?" The one that had me pinned down only seconds before asked.

"Who?" I asked, knowing exactly who he was talking about.

"The girl. Where is she?" He pressed and I shrugged.

"I have no idea who-"

"Never mind," he said as his eyes clouded over, signaling that he was being mind linked. "I know exactly where she is."

All the color had most likely drained from my face. I took a menacing step towards him. "If you hurt her I'll-"

"Oh, no," he waved his hand at me. "We won't do anything of the sort." I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding in. "We just need her for something."

"What?" I demanded, taking another step.

"Ah, ah, ah," he tisked. "That isn't very wise." He pushed my back so I wasn't so close to him. "She isn't who you think she is."

I froze after hearing that, knowing what he was talking about. She is the missing twin daughter of the Alpha and Luna if the Bloodmoon pack; the most powerful pack in the world. Alec had told me everything one day while Norah was out hunting.

Flashback
"Evan," Alec knocked on the door of my shack. I got up from my 'bed'and went over to the door, opening it. "I need to talk to you," Alec said, sternly as he walked past me.

"About what?" I asked as I closed the door and lent against it.

"Norah." He stopped in the middle of the room and turned around to face me.

My eyebrows furrowed, "What about her?"

"She isn't really my daughter." He crossed his arms across his chest, waiting for my reaction.

My eyes widdened. "What do you mean!" My mouth was wide open.

"I took her when she was just two weeks old," he told me. I stayed silent for a moment, my shock taking over.

"You do realize you you're telling this too right?" I pointed out. "What makes you think that I won't tell her?"

Alec let out a small chuckle. "I know you won't, unless you want to get hurt."

I scowled, "What can you possibly do, Alec?"

He raised his brows, "What makes you think I'm not capable of doing anything?" He asked.

I pushed myself off of the door. "Tell me everything. I won't tell Norah anything, just tell me."

End flashback

Alec had told me everything. He had told me that he took her for revenge. He told me how the Alpha of the Bloodmoon pack killed his parents and he wanted to avenge them. Apparently, he tried to kill his Luna but his plan got out of hand so he fled.

"You might be a tad but useful, so you're coming with us," The sound of the mans voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"I'm not going anywhere with you until I know what you're going to do with Norah," I crossed my arms.

The guy sighed, "I'd hate to have to stop to such low measures."

I opened my mouth to speak when I was suddenly slammed into the tree again. This time, it was my bare back that was scratched by the bark. My head slammed into the tree harder than before, causing my vision to blur and my head to spin once more.

I let out a grunt as I landed on the floor. I was on the edge of consciousness. I tried my best to fight the darkness, but I felt another blow to my head, finishing the job.

3rd person

Alpha Caden's warriors met at the small pack of rogues they had destroyed. Two of the warriors each carried the unconscious bodies of Norah and Evan.

"Let's go," Hudson, Alpha Caden's best warrior ordered. He was the one in charge of the whole ordeal. They'd been watching Norah for days, ever since they found where she was.

Hudson readjusted Norah in his arms. He turned and started walking in the direction if the Astraea pack. The rest of the men followed as they started their journey back to their pack.

*

"Alpha Caden?" Hudson opened the door to his Alphas office.

Caden stood from his desk as he saw Hudson. "Back so soon?" He smiled. "I thought it would take longer." His smile faded. "Unless-"

"Don't worry," Hudson said. "We have her." Caden sighed in relief.

"Good." Caden sat back down in his office chair. "I'll inform Alpha Bloodmoon tomorrow, after she awakes and we get her to calm. She'll probably be in shock." Hudson nodded.

"I have her down in the dungeons in case she wakes up and tries to escape."

"Just make sure that no harm comes to her," Caden said sternly. "No one is to lay a hand on her."

"We brought her friend too," Hudson added. "For comfort." Caden nodded as he wrote on some paper work that he had.

"Thank you, Hudson. You can go now."

Hudson left the office with a sense of pride. She would finally be home.

With her real family.
______________________________________

Hello!!!

Sorry it took a while, I've been busy the past week.

I had Band Festival on Saturday and my band got an overall 1!!! That's the best score that you can get!!! Now we are going to state band festival. However, I feel like that will be canceled because of the stupid Corona virus. They canceled state Solo and Ensemble, which was tomorrow, because of it.

Different also has almost 350,000 views!!! Literally in the last chapter, I was saying thank you for 220,000 views. Like what!!!

Anyways, thanks a million and I'll see y'all in the next chapter!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 54.1K 70
"You're mine. It doesn't matter where you come from." His hand grips my wrist, stopping me. "You know it matters." I turn away, hiding the moisture i...
472K 11.8K 45
In a world where werewolves reign and humans are oppressed, Aurora, a gentle and kind-hearted human, finds herself entangled with Rylan, the ruthless...
355K 9.5K 56
Being a woman in a man's world has always been hard. Whether it came to politics, work, or just every day life, being a woman could be hard. It was e...
23.7K 735 19
Preview: I feel the blood running down my head from the attack. I try to move but my hands are pulled back from the silver chains on tied to the wal...