Sugar And Spice

By NightTime_Storiexs

Highest rankings: Chicklit: #1 (11th May 2020) Soccer: #1 (21st June 2020) High school: #6 (22nd August 2020)... More

Chapter one: Oh shut up!
Chapter two: Game night
Chapter three: Liar
Chapter four: Your voice
Chapter five: I can't do it
Chapter six: Goalpost
Chapter seven: Come on in
Chapter eight: Give me your hand
Chapter nine: I had fun
Chapter ten: Take two
Chapter eleven: I quit
Chapter twelve: Janitor's closet
Chapter thirteen: Cheerleader
Chapter fourteen: Hoodies
Chapter fifteen: Coffee and cologne
Chapter sixteen: Knocked breathless
Chapter Seventeen: Two plus two
Chapter eighteen: Poison
Chapter nineteen: Two down, one to go
Chapter twenty: Babies
Chapter twenty-one: Chocolates and crushes
Chapter twenty-two: New audience
Chapter twenty-four: Face masks and Friends
Chapter twenty-five: Kodak
Chapter twenty-five: Rage
Chapter twenty-seven: Water balloons
Chapter twenty-eight: The couch
Chapter twenty-nine: Bikinis
Chapter thirty: Sunrise
Chapter thirty-one: Distance
Chapter thirty-two: Pancake mix
Chapter thirty-three: Bacardi
Chapter thirty-four: Tainted
Chapter thirty-five: It hurts
Chapter thirty-six: Ignorance is bliss
Chapter thirty-seven: Getting married
Chapter thirty-eight: Test
Chapter thirty-nine: Warm welcome
Chapter forty: Watching like a hawk
Chapter forty-one: Gloomy
Chapter forty-two: I don't deserve you
Chapter forty-three: I do
Chapter forty-four: Not my money
Chapter forty-five: Priorities
Chapter forty-six: Get out
Chapter forty-seven: The future
Chapter forty-eight: First kiss
Chapter forty-nine: Teams
Chapter fifty: Yes, I do
Thank you!

Chapter twenty-six: Valentine

33.6K 1.1K 297
By NightTime_Storiexs

You can play the song if you like <3

Chapter twenty-six: Valentine (Faith's POV)

It was now the next day and I woke up, feeling exhausted as ever and wanting nothing but to go back to bed. Alex wasn't going to school due to his three-day suspension but I had to stay back an hour today. He still offered to drive me to school and I took him up on that. I got down with his coffee in my hand and my bag on my shoulder. 

"Hey." He took his coffee from me and kissed my forehead quickly. 

"Hi," I sighed. 

"Why so glum?" he asked while getting the door for me. 

"I'm just tired. You're not even gonna be there, wonder what I'll do all day?" I huffed. 

"You'll be fine. I can be there to pick you up if you want?" he suggested. 

"Only if it doesn't bother you," I buckled up. 

"Of course, it doesn't bother me. I'll be there." He started the car and began driving to school. Once we got there, we talked in his car for a while, until students began appearing, which was my cue to leave. 

"I gotta go," I grabbed my stuff. "Do I though?" I narrowed my eyes, leaning back in my seat. 

"Yes," he chuckled, "You do. I'll see you at the end of the day, okay?" he leaned in. "Bye," he kissed my cheek. 

"Bye." I grabbed my stuff and stepped out, stopping at his window to kiss his cheek. I got to my locker and grabbed my books for the first two periods, Business and English before heading off to class. 

"Hey," Hayley sat beside me. "He's not here today, huh?" she questioned. 

"Nope," I replied. 

"And you hate it, huh?" she asked. 

"Yup." 

She hummed in response. 

Mrs. Donovan had walked in and started teaching, as usual, giving us the most notes to take in a short amount of time. 

x-X-x 

"Aren't you gonna eat something?" Hayley asked while we sat in the field, under the tree that we usually do. 

"I'm not hungry," I shrugged lightly. 

"Okay look, I understand that your boyfriend isn't here today, but that doesn't mean you just sit and mope around all day. It's not the end of the world, Faith," she turned to me. 

"I know that, Hayley. I'm not moping because he's not here, I'm moping because I'm tired, okay?" I sighed while running my hand through my hair. 

"Did you sleep last night?" she questioned. 

"Not really," I huffed. 

"Why not?" she pressed further. 

"I just couldn't sleep," I shrugged it off. 

"You were thinking about the fight that happened, weren't you?" she sighed. "Of course you were," she nodded when my silence gave away my answer. 

The bell rang and lunch was over. I huffed and stood up while grabbing my things. Just a few more hours. 

x-X-x 

I was at my locker, packing my bag and taking some books when my phone rang in my pocket. It was Alex. "Hey," I spoke while holding the phone between my shoulder and ear while getting back to packing. 

"Hey, listen Faith, can you get another ride home today?" he said hesitantly, sounding guilty. 

"What happened?" I questioned. 

"Something came up with my parents, I'm so sorry, I'll make it up to you, I swear," he sighed. 

"Yeah, of course! There's no problem, I'll just ride back with Hayley," I replied. 

"I'm sorry," he huffed. 

"It's okay, Alex. It happens," I chuckled slightly. 

"I'll see you later, okay?" he asked. 

"Okay, bye," I said before he did too and then I hung up. I walked out just in time to catch Hayley getting into her car since she stayed back with me. "Can you please drive me home? My mom's staying back late today and something came up with Alex so he can't come pick me up," I walked beside her. 

"Sure, hop in," she agreed. I got in her car and she drove me home. 

"Bye, Hayles!" I waved while getting out of her car and walking to my front door. I grabbed my keys and placed them in the lock, only for the door to swing open before I could unlock it. 

What the- is someone home? 

I opened the door slowly and cautiously, peeking my head through before taking small, silent steps into the house. The house was empty and dead silent. No one was here. The lights were off and not one creek could be heard. 

I placed my bag on the floor as quietly as possible, just in case someone had broken in and grabbed my phone to call someone for help. The first person that came to my mind was Alex. 

He always made me feel safe

I unlocked my phone before something on the kitchen counter caught my eye. It was a picture of Alex and me from that date when we went roller skating. It wasn't from a phone, it was from the Kodak camera. He was the only person with that camera which meant no one had broken in. 

I grabbed the picture and sighed in relief before turning the light on. I turned the picture around to find one word written on it. 'Bedroom.' 

Huh? 

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion before I began heading up to my room. The door was slightly open and I could hear shuffling in there. I opened the door just a tad bit more to see Alex standing on my bed, using string and some tape, sticking it to my ceiling. 

What is he doing? 

I waited and saw him grab a picture before taping that to the string, dangling it over my bed. I opened the door a bit wider and leaned against the doorframe, smiling to myself when my eyes scanned the room. 

He had done the same thing all around my room. Strings hung from different parts of the ceiling, dangling different photos for me to see. All from the Kodak, now developed. 

"Knock-knock," I finally spoke up. He jumped and turned to me with his hand on his chest. 

"You scared me. How long have you been standing there?" he chuckled awkwardly while blushing and walking over to me while scratching the back of his neck. 

"Just a little bit, enough to see what's going on but still be very confused about it," I chuckled while he walked up to me and rested his arms around my waist. "Alex, what are you doing?" I asked while he stepped aside and let me into my room. 

"I wanted to do a little something for you," he shrugged slightly, "Valentine's day is coming up soon and I just- I don't know..." he trailed off. 

"Who let you in?" I questioned. 

"Your dad did before leaving for work," he answered. 

"Alex, you've been here the whole day?" I asked in surprise. 

"Photos aren't the only thing I did, Faith," he smirked before closing my blinds and turning my lights off. He clicked a switch and fairy lights lit up my room while he unlocked his phone and Friends season nine, episode fifteen began playing on my ceiling through a mini projector. 

Trust me when I tell you I am going to cry. 

"Alex," I said slowly, "What are you doing?" I stayed rooted to my spot. 

"Call it a date if you will," he shrugged while standing beside me. 

"For what?" I chuckled slightly while turning to him. "We just went on one," I said softly. 

"For Valentine's," he replied. I turned to him with an arched eyebrow. 

"What are you asking?" I questioned. 

"How would you like to spend your Valentine's day with me?" he questioned. 

"Are you asking me to be your Valentine, Alex?" I teased. 

"Are you saying yes?" he smirked. 

"I'm not saying yes," I shook my head. 

"A-are you saying no?" he stammered. 

"No, I'm not saying no either," I turned to him while walking to my bed. 

"Faith," he whined while walking to me and pulling me closer by my waist.

"Yes?" I asked. 

He raised his eyebrows at me in anticipation. 

"Yes," I nodded. "I would love to spend my Valentine's day with you," I threw my arms around his neck.

His lips broke out into a smile before his flickered between my eyes and lips. 

"Why are you staring?" I whispered. 

"Because I really want to kiss you," he whispered back. 

His eyes snapped to mine with worry and shock swirling in them. He blurted it out. 

"I didn't mean-" I shut him up when I pulled his lips down to mine. 

I don't understand us. We're dating in public but we've kissed more when we're by ourselves and we're not technically dating but we keep kissing each other. We hangout all the freaking time, on a date or not on a date and we always have those moments when we stare into each other's eyes and then I get all nervous and- I broke away from my thoughts when he pulled away. 

"What are you doing?" he questioned in confusion. 

I shut my eyes and winced internally. 

Maybe he didn't want to kiss you, you freaking idiot. 

"Sorry," I mumbled while stepping away, only for him to pull me back. 

"You couldn't have waited for me to do it?"

-

-

-

-

-

I wrote after a while since I finally went back to school and had to catch up on all the work I missed but I'm back!!!

Also the song above is sooooo freaking good, I'm been obsessed with it for such a long time, it makes me so soft and I wanna cry every time I hear it.

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9M 280K 54
"I don't know who you think you are coming here, and acting like you don't care about anything. Now listen here Princess, because I'm not going to re...
196K 9.1K 65
When you're a seventeen-year-old girl with anxiety disorder and a gorgeous, popular girl that absolutely hates your guts for who-knows-what reason bu...
1.4M 67K 146
The ancient Greeks said Cupid's arrows could make you fall in love, but what if those arrows hit the wrong person? And what if that person was Eastwo...
713K 21.9K 39
"Please, Beau? I don't want to talk about this so, please, just shut up." Beau tilts his head, surprised at first, before a wicked gleam appears in h...