Deja Vu

Per Chisom___

"I saw you at the party, soft lips, soft spoken I came to talk to you but homie interfered now He introdu... Més

Introduction
Soundtrack
02

01

294 47 65
Per Chisom___

"I'm coming home
I'm coming home
Tell the world that I'm coming home."
~Coming home; Diddy ft Skylar Grey

Olisa

After eight agonizing hours, the airplane finally touched down in Lagos, Nigeria. The minute it was announced that passengers can begin to disembark from the plane, I wasted no time in bringing down my hand luggage from the overhead compartment.

As I stepped off the plane, I could already feel the slight heat in the air and a small smile came to my face at the familiarity. Home.

I walked to the custom area and after everything was sorted off, I spent a little while getting my luggage. While I waited in line, I powered on my phone and immediately called my mom.

She picked on the third ring. "Good afternoon, Mum." I greeted as I spotted my luggage.

"Akaolisa." She called my full name. "Have you landed already?"

"Yes, ma." I responded, putting my phone between my ear and my shoulder blade as I attempted to carry my heavy boxes, my backpack already rested on both my shoulders.

"Glory be to God. I sent Paul to pick you up over an hour ago, he should be there by now." She informed me, referring to the driver. "Let me call him and get back to you."

"Okay, ma." I said and she hung up. I went to go find somewhere to seat while I waited, occupying myself by scrolling through my phone. I had a couple of text messages from my close friends, already making plans to hang out.

I haven't been home in over two years and I was eager to link up with my boys after all that time so I quickly responded to their messages. My mom then called and informed me that the driver was already in the park so with my luggage in tow, I made my way to him.

Paul was a new driver working for my parents so I wasn't familiar with him. We greeted each other but I wasn't all that interested in making conversation as I quickly got into the air conditioned car. I missed home but I didn't miss the heat of the scorching sun at all. This was one of the many reasons I preferred London, although, it had its moments as well with the weather getting very chilly at times. However, I would take that cold over this heat any day.

The ride to MGM Estates took about two hours due to the traffic so I was glad when the car finally pulled into the driveway. I hastily got out and went to get my stuff.

I was barely at the trunk area when I heard a loud scream as I saw my sister run down the stairway. She was in full speed and eventually ended up crashing into me, and pushing my back into the car hard.

She gripped me tightly and I couldn't help but reciprocate the excitement she felt as I held on to her, my hand wrapped around her slim torso.

Finally, she pulled away. "I missed your big head." Kam said with a wide grin.

I chuckled as I moved away from her. "I missed you too, Kams."

She held me close and only allowed me get my backpack before pulling me up the stairs and into the house. "Sorry I couldn't come get you from the airport. I had classes since morning and I'm only just getting back from school."

Kamsy attends the Pan Atlantic University, Lagos, where she is studying accounting. She had the option to go with me to London for school but chose not to because she didn't want to be away from her boyfriend and her numerous friends. Plus, she had very little interest in school as she had already made a name for herself on social media and was earning quite a lot from advertising brands, not that she needed the money as an Amadi.

I respected her decision to stay behind but as my closest sibling, I missed her presence a lot. Although we kept in touch between my classes and social life as well as hers, it was different.

"It's fine, I totally understand." I told her as my eight year old brother, Tobe, barreled down the stairs and straight into me, his short frame only stopping at my stomach. "Hey buddy!" I exclaimed as I picked him up. I noticed he felt a bit more weighty than he was before I left and I was happy for that.

Tobe had a strange dislike for food and didn't like eating at all. I always had to force him to finish his food and not play with it because I wanted him to add a little flesh. He was one skinny lad, even for his age.

I put him back on the ground. "You're now a big boy." I said as I rubbed his head.

"Mommy says I'm almost 40kg." He informed me, his face filled with pride at that fact. I laughed at his animated expression.

"That's very good. I missed you, buddy."

"I missed you too." He said as he wrapped his small arms around my waist but pulled away almost immediately and looked up at me. "Did you get me any presents?" He asked.

"Of course I did. Lots." I told him.

"Really?" His eyes lit up.

"Yes." I began but got cut off by Kamsy.

"But he would give them to you later. Let him rest for now. Okay?" She asked him sounding so much like my mom that I almost laughed.

Tobe nodded his head somberly before waving at me and running off to do God knows what while Kam and I made our way upstairs.

"Your room is set and the maid will bring up your bags. Mum is still at work and dad -well you know him-, he's off on a business trip." She said with a wave of her hand. I wasn't surprised at that information. "Would you like to eat after showering, or do you want to rest first?"

"I'll be right down. I'm tired but we work on the same time in London as you know, so I'm not sleepy yet."

She nodded. "Alright. I'll leave you to it then." Kam said as she moved to leave but paused at the door and looked back at me. "It's good to have you home."

I gave her a grin. "It's good to be back."

As soon as she left, I crashed on the bed, the fatigue of the day finally setting in. I ended up sleeping for two hours, but what actually seemed like thirty minutes, before getting up, taking a shower and heading down. One look outside and I could tell it was evening. My thought was confirmed when I checked the clock which said it was twenty-three minutes past six.

I headed to the kitchen and it was empty except for a lady that stood in front of the gas cooker. She immediately looked up at the sound of my footsteps and I almost couldn't believe my eyes.

The woman before me was one who I know but I almost couldn't recognize right about now. If not for her distinguishable facial features, I wouldn't have known who she was.

Nara is the daughter of our head chef, she's almost the same age as Kamsy and always had a very skinny shape that complimented her body. But the woman before me wasn't skinny. Her once tiny hips was now curved into an hourglass shape, her thighs thick and her waist small. Her once nearly non existent bosom was now a causing a strain on the chest area of her dress. And I could see all this clearly because of the tight fitting body con dress she had on.

She stared up at me from beneath her lashes, a shy smile coming to her face. "Hey. Welcome back."

"Thank you." I replied, my mouth suddenly a bit dry but I quickly caught myself.

"How was your flight?" She asked as she turned back to what she was doing at the cooker.

"Tiring." I responded absent mindedly as my eyes went to the deep arch in her back. My tongue immediately shot out to lick my lips as I imagined all the things I could do to her right here, things that would be entirely too unhygienic for a kitchen.

It took great effort for me to snap myself out of my thoughts. It had been a while since I got some and it was clearly showing. But damn, this change in Nara was unexpected but very welcome. I knew I could never allow anything happen between us because I'm not interested in anything more than fucking and she seems like a relationship kind of girl. Plus, if I break her heart in the long run, my mom will kill me so I just quietly take a seat on one of the kitchen stools and whip out my phone to keep my mind occupied with other things.

In my peripheral vision, I see her move to the microwave before coming to drop a plate of grilled chicken, fried rice and fried plantain before me. "Your sister made this for you." She informed me quietly.

"Thank you." I told her. "Where is she, anyway? Where's everyone?"

"Kamsy went out with some friends about half an hour ago and Tobe left for his swimming lesson a while back. My mom is on leave for now and the two other maids went to the market." She informed me as she went back to what she was doing once more.

I nod at her, trying to push the fact that it's just us in this house to the back of my mind. I quickly bless my food before digging in. I was halfway through when my phone went off and started ringing. Looking at the caller ID, I smiled before picking up.

"Brooo!" Briggs yelled into my ear from the other end.

"My nigga!" I exclaimed loudly.

Briggs is my boy from day one. We go as far back as nursery school and we've lived in the same estate for as long as I can remember so we were never really apart until I went to the U.K.

"We are on our way. My man is finally in the motherland!" He said excitedly and I couldn't help the loud laughter I released. This nigga got too much damn energy, all positive thankfully.

"Come through, bro." I told him and he made a loud indecipherable sound.

"I'll be there in five." He said.

"Bet." I replied and hung up. I looked up at Nara who I knew was paying attention to my conversation. "You think you can whip some of that up for my boys?" I ask her softly referring to the spicy chicken she was frying at the gas.

She looked up at the me. "Sure. Although, it might not be enough so I'll have to do something else to add to it."

"No problem. Thanks, baby." I unintentionally used the endearment but the faint blush that appeared on her cheeks made me not regret my words. She went to get paper plates for the boys as my mother had banned them from using her glassware years ago after several breakages, meanwhile, I quickly gobbled up my food before going to wash up my plate.

On time for the first time in his life, Briggs rang the bell and Nara moved to go open the door. "I got it." I tell her and walk to open the door.

"My boy!" Briggs hollered as he immediately pulled me in a bro hug. His ass was shorter than mine but that didn't stop him from leaning up. A minute later he pulled away and I turned to face the guys with him, my other close friends Tobi and Vino.

"Yo, Oli." Tobi said and he stepped up the stairs and dapped me.

"Brother, how you been?" I ask him as we pull away.

"Been chilling." He said with a shrug.

"All up in his new girl's ass." Briggs said with a mocking laughter.

"Aye." Tobi warned with a scowl that he eased up on almost immediately before he moved into the house fully.

Vino stepped up and gave me a hug. He was the most chill in our small group and was someone I respected very much. Whenever I had serious problems to talk about with someone, Vino was my go to man. Briggs is my boy but his ass is literally never serious, always with the jokes.

"Been a bit since I've been in here." Briggs said as he looked around. The last time he came over was when I returned from London two years ago.

"You still remember your way to the game room?" I ask him with a chuckle as I move to go upstairs, the guys in tow behind me. The game room was like a den for me and my friends. They were almost always at my place so my mom allowed us this room to hangout so we won't mess up anywhere else in her house.

We settled in and Vino immediately went to set up the FIFA game console while myself, Briggs and Tobi collapsed on the couch.

"So, are you home for good?" Tobi asked. He was a light skinned guy, lanky and tall. We had almost the same frame but I'm more muscular and darker.

"Not sure yet. I might still go for my masters, but that won't be now. My pops wants me to work at the company first before I go back to London." I say and Tobi simply nods. "So what's this I hear about you having a lady now?" I ask him with a grin.

He brings his hands up and rubs it down his face, a small smile appearing. "Met her at Dare's 20th about five months ago. We've been talking since then but we only made it official two months ago. It's nothing serious right now." He ended in a deceptively nonchalant tone.

"That smile that just appeared on your face says otherwise." I tell him as I chortled, not wanting him to feel embarrassed about his feelings.

"Nigga is whipped." Briggs says, laughing loudly as Vino throws him a game pad, he too laughing.

"Quit it." Tobi says, rubbing his face again. "I'm waiting for you to get whipped, Briggs. We won't hear word again."

Vino passes me a pad too just as Briggs begins speaking. "That'll never happen." He says certainly. I just chuckle at that.

Briggs was never one to stick with one woman ever since his first love fucked him up in the head by cheating on him with multiple other guys. Ever since then, he swore that there was no one good in the female species.

I didn't feel the same but I just had no interest in a relationship, especially right now. Besides, it's hard to identify what girls these days really want anyway; your body, your money or your heart. The first two, I can give them easily but the last, I'd rather keep to myself until I'm really for all that it comes with.

Just as we were about to begin the game, Nara walked in with a tray full of finger foods and the fried chicken and dropped it on the table carefully.

"Thank you." I tell her and she gives me a soft smile before leaving. The room was deathly silent from the moment she walked in till she left and I already knew what was coming next.

"Well, damn." Vino said as soon as the door was shut behind her."How...I'm not even gonna ask." He shook his head.

"I will! How the fuck did she get so damn thick in all the right places?" Briggs asks as he stares at me incredulously as if waiting for an answer.

"How the fuck am I supposed to know?" I ask him as I pick up my game pad.

"Ay back off, Briggs, she obviously only has eyes for playboy right here." Tobi says hitting a hand on my chest lightly with a loud laughter that the guys soon join in on. I just shake my head at their stupidity.

__________________________

Adenike Adeleke as Nara

Note: Briggs is his surname, his name is Toyosi but he due his dislike for the name, he doesn't go by it.

A/N: Please VOTE if you enjoyed this chapter.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

3M 196K 89
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
651K 67.8K 26
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...
210K 14.8K 19
"YOU ARE MINE TO KEEP OR TO KILL" ~~~ Kiaan and Izna are like completely two different poles. They both belong to two different RIVAL FAMILIES. It's...
194K 38.8K 57
Becca Belfort i Haze Connors, choć przez swoich znajomych zmuszani do spędzania razem czasu całą paczką, od dawna się nie znoszą. Dogryzają sobie prz...