Journey of the Heart (Camila...

By BefallenChains

You are Alexandra McKenzie. The sole heir to a multi-billion dollar enterprise. You're the typical privileged... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Author's Note *Not an update*
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty-Six:
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter 8

3.7K 132 9
By BefallenChains

A/N: Ahhh! A new update. Sorry for not updating that often. I was busy with the holiday season preparations. Damn retail worker grind and all. Anywhos. Hope you like this update. :) I will be posting another one some time this weekend since I have a little more time on my hands. Comment and tell me what you think :D I love hearing from you guys. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your POV:

I scan through my laptop screen as I go through the social media chaos which is currently circulating around my life. Rumors are stating different stories about my sudden hospital visits and my disappearance. Heaven forbid I can't recover in privacy without a scandal. Apparently I am either in a high security rehab center so I don't relapse from another intense drug addiction, or I'm currently overseas searching for a spiritual outlet. My favorite rumor was about me joining a cult in the middle of nowhere and I changed my name to Whomping Willow. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan so that one made me laugh. Though the rumors were quite entertaining and completely out of the blue, in truth, I am laying in the theater room trying to recover and relax because it was good for my broken heart.

A notification on my twitter account pulls me away and I notice that Jessie tweeted something at me.

"@AlexMcKenzie: Belle wanted me to tell you that you can lean on your pack whenever you need to. I think she's taking this whole lion pack thing a little too seriously, but I can't help but agree with her. Stay strong. #McKenziesLionPack

I couldn't help but smile. I looked through Jessie's twitter account and notice a lot of her tweets and pictures. Jessie is definitely a normal girl with her fan-girl moments with her tweets related to One Direction, Demi Lovato, Justin Bieber, and other artists as well as a girl band named Fifth Harmony that I haven't heard of yet. Most of Jessie's tweets were about them so I'll look them up eventually.

After a couple of minutes of cyber intruding, I decide to tweet her back.

"@ThatJessieGirl: Aww, well tell Belle I said thank you and thank you as well. At least I know I have a pack now. #McKenziesLionPack

Immediately after I tweeted that the hashtag was trending worldwide with everyone trying to figure out what that meant. It is like our own personal inside joke and it made me smile. Everyone needed their own pack and I was glad I found mine.

An idea suddenly pops into my head and I rush out of the theater as best as I could and into the living room. The pain is there but the adrenaline is kicking in way too much for me to complain or stop.

"Charlie!" I shout trying to finding him. "Charlie!"

"What's wrong?" He comes from the outside. "Do you need to go to the hospital?"

"No," I say confused.

"Then don't do that, or else I'll be the one having a heart attack," he exclaims as he tries to slow down his heart rate.

"Sorry, I was just excited. I have this idea," I start off.

"Oh no, no more of your plans. After the last time, you landed yourself in the hospital," Charlie states as he starts to walk away.

"I'd like to point out that I landed in the hospital because of my mother. Not because of going to Venice and actually enjoying life," I point out. Charlie sighs and turns back around, ready to hear my idea. "I want to make a foundation."

"A foundation?"

"Yeah, a foundation. You know, where people can donate money to a charitable cause. My parents and I go to some events-"

"I know what foundation means, but you want to start a foundation," he asks more than states this time, as if he doesn't believe I would actually want to.

"Yes, I want to start a foundation," I state with more affirmation.

"Why?"

"Like you said, I have more to do with my life. I don't want my second chance to be half assed. I want to do something meaningful with it and I know Tyler would be happy about this. He always wanted to start a charitable foundation but never got a chance to," I tell him.

I could tell mentioning Tyler got Charlie to take my idea seriously. His eyes turn to more a somber and understanding one. He lets out a defeated sigh.

"All right. What do you want to do?"

"I have to talk to someone first," I tell him as I head for the door.

I stand in front of the giant double doors that resemble the ones at my mansion. As I wait for the door to be open, I can't help but get a little nervous about what I'm about to do. My hands are getting a little bit too sweaty for my liking so I wipe them on my pants and hope that helped. Before I could do anything else to help with my nerves, the door opens up.

"Alexandra, what are you doing here?" The shocked voice of the woman in front are infused with both confusion and a little bit of anger and I wince at her reaction.

"Hi, Mrs. Chapman, I was hoping we could talk."

I could tell she was hesitant but she allows me inside still. I thank her and make my way into their foyer and wait for any further instructions.

"Please, take a seat. Would you like anything to drink or eat?" She asks as she motions towards one of their maids.

I dismiss the offer and sit down on their couch. I wait for her to sit down before I even think of speaking what was in mind.

"So, what brings you here, Alexandra?" She asks when she sits in the armchair in front of me.

I look down from her intense gaze trying to compose myself. My nerves are going on overdrive and my heart is painfully beating faster than it should. I grasp my chest trying to breathe slowly in hopes of slowing down my heartbeat. It wasn't working. The pain is becoming more and more unbearable.

"Are you okay?" Mrs. Chapman stands from her seat and comes to sit beside me, placing her hand upon my shoulder and trying to see my face.

"Ye-yeah. I-It's just m-my he-heart," I try my best to explain.

"Just follow my breathing, okay? In," she breathes in. "And out," she slowly exhales. "In," she slowly takes in another breath. "And out," slowly exhaling it out.

I copy her breathing pattern as best as I could and the pain slowly starts to dissipate.

"Better?"

"Yeah, thank you," I sigh in relief when I could finally catch my breath.

She is about to get up from her seat beside me but I stop her by placing my hand upon hers that still rested on my shoulder.

"Why?" I quietly ask her.

"Why what?" She sits back down slowly.

"You should be angry with me. Hate me even. But here you are, making sure I don't end up back in the hospital," I start to tremble. My resolve slowly fading. I was sidetracking from my main focus but I wanted to know. "I would have just let me have my heart attack. I killed your son and you didn't even have a chance to say goodbye to him." By this time I'm crying uncontrollably.

She grabs my hand from atop hers and holds it, gently stroking it with her other hand.

"I always wondered how I would react when I would see you," she admits. "I was expecting to see you all happy and carefree as always at an event or something and I would walk right up to you and do something drastic like toss a drink at you or yell at you for killing my son." I nod in understanding and planned to stand up and leave, but she kept a firm grip of my hand.

"But then you knock on my door with the most guilt I have ever seen in anybody's eyes in my life, and trust me, I've seen a lot of guilty people in my life," she chuckles a little. "I could tell that no matter what I say or yell or throw at you, you're already throwing ten times as much at yourself. Yes, what happened to you and Tyler cost Tyler his life, but I don't think Tyler would want me to cause anymore pain to the love of his life." When she says this, I look up at her with my tear stained eyes.

"Oh, I've known about you two for some time. I was always wondering when he would get the balls to ask you out properly instead of what you two have been doing," she laughs. "How could I stay mad at the woman who made him the happiest I have ever seen him?" She wipes away the tears from my cheeks.

"Thank you," I simply say.

We stay like that for a couple of minutes while I compose myself. Mrs. Chapman absent mindedly rubbing my back, just like Tyler used to do to me to comfort me. I guess he did get some good habits from his parents.  

"So was this why you wanted to come here? Ask for forgiveness," she asks.

I shake my head. "No, I don't deserve forgiveness," I state. She is about to protest but I stop her. "I know I shouldn't speak like that but it doesn't help. I need something to distract me from this hurt and emptiness I feel and I think you can help with that."

"How so?"

"Tyler always said we found each other because of our distant and closed off hearts," I start. The look of guilt showed upon Mrs. Chapman eyes when I said that and I quickly regretted it. "He never blamed you or Mr. Chapman, Mrs. Chapman, he blamed himself mainly. He always thought he wasn't good enough, which is why we related so much. We were imperfectly compatible."

"What does-"

"I want to help those like us, like we were. Help teens who feel the way we did and hope that our help would make sure that they don't make the same stupid decisions we did. Stop them from falling into drugs and alcohol and befriending the wrong people. Hopefully saving a family from a heartbreak," I state.

Mrs. Chapman stays silent for what feels like ages but when she finally speaks she has more strength than before.

"What do you need from me?"

"Permission," I can tell she's confused by my request so I elaborate more. "I want to name the foundation the Tyler Chapman Foundation."

She brings her hand to her agape mouth and tears slowly form in her eyes. I don't know if I offended her or not so I stay silent. In seconds I'm being engulfed in a hug that could nearly break my ribs again but I don't care because that meant she was supportive of the idea.

"Thank you," she whispers in my ear. I pull away from her grip and look at her confused this time. "Thank you for giving me a chance to do something for Tyler," she explains. "I never got a chance to show him that I did care for him. I was too entrapped in my own world that I never realized my own son was hurting inside. This foundation is a blessing and a way for me to show my love for my son so thank you." She brings me into another hug.

I can feel a weight lift off my shoulder and I know that Tyler was watching this moment in the sky, smiling down upon his mother. He always knew she cared. He just never thought he was enough. I smile back up at him hoping that he got the message that he was enough.

"So what's the first step to this foundation?" Mrs. Chapman pulls away, too eager to start. I smile at her anxiousness.

"First step, charity event to launch the foundation." 

A/N: Heads up on the next chapter. Fifth Harmony will be at the foundation event. AHHH!!! But I don't know how their first interaction with Alex McKenzie will be just yet. So if you have any ideas please comment or message me :D 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130 23 24
Their love story becomes an anthem-a reminder that love transcends fame, rumors, and broken chords. Hazel,an american girl who aspires to be a singer...
46.1K 1.7K 12
It was too much to stay with a dysfunctional family who only cared to keep their problems to themselves. It was unhealthy and the last thing you need...
190K 5.3K 53
"He will protect her life. She will protect his heart." You were perfectly happy with your life. So what if you beat up people? So what if you were t...
152K 3.7K 29
Camila is used to being alone. Ever since her mom and sister died, it's only been her and her dad. With her dad being an abusive jerk, she tends to k...