Darkest Hours (MGL series Boo...

By MedievalTomboy

What a Witch decides, she achieves. A place of bloody sacrifices, with magic good and bad. A place of dark my... More

Things to Know
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue

Chapter 22

529 68 3
By MedievalTomboy

It was not a tricky task to disperse the petite Elf, Keya's powers. Lucius was a strong man with both abilities and rank; with the little help of Madonna's distraction tactics, he was done with the task in not more than an hour.

The Elf woman seemed to be alright for a few moments although, only after a little while, her body turned to shiver and wither violently. Lucius did not like how an Elf is withering just by diffusing her powers but he did not expect the woman to turn ashes soon.

Keya gave one loud scream before telling them 'He shall ascend the throne and shall put everyone in their right place.', and soon turned to ashes.

But what got Lucius stunned was Keya's ash was black like that of a charcoal and there were hints of nails in the ash.

Dark Magic!

He could tell that the woman was feeding certainly on very much fatal evil magic. Her powers were her strength and her life source not to overlook the fact that she was controlled by some person.

Lucius spewed profanities as he noticed a small smirk on his wife's face. He was played yet again.

She played him to end the Elf woman. Damnation!

"Good Lord above! You played me?" His question was more of a evidence to himself as he noticed the small smirk on her face widened into a wide smile. "Why?"

"Why, My Lord! I'm powerless as of this moment. Aren't you the one who suggested you would do the deed for me?" Madonna, the young minx, smiled widely at him as she turned to proceed further with the journey as Lucius followed suit.

Lucius was not a man to grumble at anything. He was a man, a Lord and a very commanding one at that. He had never pouted or grumbled in thirty-ish years of life. In fact, he was raised to be an emotionless and a cruel soldier and a leader.

On contrary to his upbringing and his personality, Madonna has made him feel many things for the first time. He still do not know why he was feeling painfully attracted to her. It has been from the very first time he met her and it never happened to him in his many years of life.

Lucius is a kind of person who only learnt to order but with his young witch, he find every moment challenging and sometimes amusing. He who knows the consequences and he who knows the future of his actions was now thrown into circumstances with Madonna where he has no idea of what happens the next moment.

But did he hate it though? Surprisingly, No!

For once, he liked not being aware of what was to come ahead and the challenge made him much more alive than ever.

By now, he did came to an understanding that whatever Madonna had done was just an act to make him end Keya's life. Her argument of getting her powers back or her bickering about being it her task to do it or when she grumbled about not wanting to put her responsibilities on his shoulders; everything was simply an act to make him do the action.

He may not tell her but he loved her exploiting tactics.

Damnation, she was so good at putting an act.

That night, Lucius and Madonna had taken shelter in a Traven in a small town nearby. They were exhausted and Lucius was rather more exhausted by constantly looking at the triumph smile on his young witch's face.

They were sharing a chamber like how any wedded wife and a man shall but difference was the newly wedded couple were still stuck on attraction they have for each other.

Suddenly a though came to Lucius as he saw Madonna walk out in her night gown as she glowed in the candle light like a goddess.

If beauty was a person, then Lucius shall gamble his whole inheritance that it would be Madonna.

She looks so eternal in whatever she wears, in any part of the day and even she was exhausted. She was just so exhilarating to the like of him.

"If there was no curse on the pretty of yours, would you give a chance to love?" His question stopped her from brushing her wet locks.

Lucius was intrigued. He was no fool. By the time, he knew he grew fond of his wife and so did his wife attracted to him.

Does he love her? He was not quite certain about it.

He was first desperate to find the assassin behind his sister so he had ignored the sparks of heat transpired between them but as the time took a leisure stroll in their lives, he could feel it inside him that he was far too fond of the woman he married.

"I would." Madonna answered truthfully as her eyes glazed thoughtfully. "Not as of the moment however, I shall give love a chance."

Lucius nodded his head as the pity took over him. No matter how hardheaded and stubborn Madonna was, he could still penetrate her façade and could see the vulnerable girl inside her.

He may not accept it but he had seen the vulnerable side of hers far many times. He quarrels with her, grumbles at her but he would never change it for anything better.

"Do you have a heir in line to your throne, My Lord." He heard Madonna and the mischievous hint was evident in her tone.

Lucius raised his bushy arrogant brow in question to which Madonna smiled it off. "You have been gazing at me as if I mean world to you. If you have a heir in line to your throne, you are free to grow your affection for me."

He sighed but did not retort back to her sarcasm. Surprisingly, Lucius felt the sudden need to pour his heart for the woman standing before him. She was strong yet, she was not but a little girl inside.

"I have a supposition, darling." Lucius caught her attention again when she heard the seriousness in his tone.

A supposition? Sounds interesting!

"Let's hear it."

"I suppose there is no curse on you." It had slipped into his mind many times that the curse Madonna talked about may not be complete or not there at all.

"I will not lie to you, Milady but you do intrigue me in more ways than you should. I will not lie about the feeling of fondness I have for you yet I am still breathing." It took good deal of deep breaths and strength to stop tears rolling down from her eyes.

How did she end up in such a state?

She was to extract revenge on Alder Emor. She had trained vigorously for several years aside Orla to avenge her kin's slaughter and stop him from fulfilling his evil motives. In such a long way, she was cursed to not be loved, she had to become selfish, she had to act selfish and she had do much more bad for the good in the end.

Only Madonna knows how she feels the pull towards the Lord. She simply tried to avoid it so as to save his life. Although Orla jested about killing her son, she knew well to tell apart her jest from sincerity.

She has always imagined of being loved; loved dearly by a man who would mean entirety to her but between her revenge and love, fate chose revenge for her and restricted all her paths to love.

That kiss... The kiss she had with her husband by a mere mishap was not a memory to be ever forgotten. The single kiss melted her heart into heated lava that burned her for him. She did not let him notice but she was very much affected by it. She absolutely loved the feel of his rough lips on her soft ones.

Goodness! She almost kissed him again if not for the restrain she has.

She cannot have him die. If she has to choose between pain of eternity by just looking at him far or killing him by her love, she would choose the former one.

Madonna knew that the affection she felt for the Lord will soon turn into love if she does not hold back.

"You will not live to another sunrise if you love me, Milord. It is better you hold no feeling for me like I do. Also, there were three men in the past who dared to hold feelings for me and lost their lives for doing so."

"I beg to differ, darling. You do have warm feelings for me however I still find something amiss in the curse. You say three men lost their lives but I hold more or less same feelings and yet I'm as good as new. How so?" Lucius could see the hesitation in her stance as she looked like she was thinking about his presumption as well.

To prove her that he might be right in his assumption, he pulled her by her waist and wrapped another hand around her head. He pulled her face to his and breathed out warm air on her face.

Madonna felt her heart pounding hastily as the sweet scent of his mouth touch her skin. She wanted to pull away, wanted to give a piece of her mind for playing with his life. She wanted to...

"Then we shall start with kiss, darling. I wish to see if kisses can kill me." With that, Lucius captured her lips into a searing hot kiss, washing away all her thoughts.

Lucius shall not control his urges anymore and shall try how far he could go with her with the curse on her head.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next chapter is here. Enjoy!

Alright sweeties, I want to know how the book is going on. I see not many are reading the book. If I know what I might change or improve, I will try but this book especially goes slow.

Please do tell me if you are enjoying the book or not. This book is not a complete romance like Corpse Husband. It is much more mystery and magical than romance.

Do you think Madonna is not cursed in the first place?

Why is Lucius still not dead even after having fascination for her?

Do you think Madonna will have a chance of love?

Will Lucius' growing liking for her will bring the both close?

Will he die after the kiss?

Please shower me with votes and comments.

Share my books with your friends.

Lots of Love

Ladt Prim

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88 14 14
After her parents' divorce, sixteen-year-old Avery is sent to live with her estranged grandmother in a small town in Pennsylvania called Ravenwood. T...
263 76 24
A confident young man with a well paying job, worries about his mother and two sisters when he's away at work. They are constantly harassed and bulli...
18.1K 722 13
A sellsword with a haunting past that follows her every day. Only a handful of people know about it. Every day, her life hangs in a thread. Can she h...
126 20 10
Untold truths that must not be told. Over the centuries he had kept the truth away from her. For her safety and peace. He would choose her peace ove...