Reborn (Apollo x OC)

By lavishlife

The oracle gripped her hair and slowly tore it open through its tangles. Her clouded eyes met Zeus's lighteni... More

Introduction and Characters
Chapter 1 "Islands of Ice."
Chapter 2 "Glaciers."
Chapter 3 "The Titaness."
Chapter 4 "The Girl."
Chapter 5 "The Gods."
Chapter 6 "A Name..."
Chapter 7 "Preservation"
Chapter 8 "Blood and War."
Chapter 9 "The Sun see's all."
Chapter 10 "Plotting."
Chapter 11 "Seducing The God of War."
Chapter 12 "Love."
Chapter 13 "Camp what?!"
Chapter 14 "Punishment."
Chapter 15 "Titaness to Demi-Goddess"
Chapter 16 "Godly Errands"
Chapter 17 "The Gift"
Chapter 18 "Silver Arrow"
Chapter 19 "Rose Chariot"
Chapter 21 "A Promise"
Chapter 22 "God of Whining"
Chapter 23 "Change of Plans"
Chapter 24 "A Terrible Promise."
Chapter 25 "Unresolved Feelings"
Chapter 26 "Prying Eyes"
Chapter 27 "forced into confession"
Chapter 28 "Golden Eyes, Frozen Tears."
Chapter 29 "The Imposter"
Chapter 30 "A Warm Touch"

Chapter 20 "An Ancient Love"

4.5K 133 39
By lavishlife

APOLLO's POV

Ares and I hesitantly climbed in Aphrodite's chariot. Normally I wouldn't entertain her but I was desperate for answers as to where Shiva was. Aphrodite patted the fine leather bench for us to sit next to her. I sat awkwardly in the middle of Ares and Aphrodite. I don't think they wanted anything to do with eachother.

"You know where she is...?" I asked as Aphrodite poured herself champagne in a crystal glass.

She took her time as she whirled around the liquid and took delicate sips. Ares started to get frustrated. "You're wasting our damn time!" He growled.

I felt like Aphrodite was using this time to flaunt herself and almost throw us off path... maybe that's exactly what she's doing.

She ignored Ares and nodded forward. The chariot started moving down the forest path. "Patience. I'm the one offering you help. You should be fortunate for my presence..." she cooed.

"Where are you taking us!?" I demanded as I got just as frustrated.

"Won't you two shut up. I don't like being pried with stupid questions." Aphrodite huffed, "I want to talk a little bit before we get into the good stuff. I have needs too."

I sighed deeply and closed my eyes, collecting myself. "Okay." I said, "what would you like to talk about?"

Aphrodite grinned. "You. And her."

I bit the inside of my cheek as discomfort crept up my spin. I didn't want to talk about her let alone think about her. Especially not with the goddess of love. I just want to get her back to safety despite my feelings towards her. I honestly can't tell if I despise Shiva or if I'm completely and utterly in-

"Aw, you look conflicted. Let's make a deal. You tell me everything you're feeling and I'll tell you EXACTLY where she is." Giggled Aphrodite.

Apollo use your head. Aphrodite can't possibly like Shiva after what happened. Why would she help us. She probably wouldn't blink an eye if something bad were to happen to Shiva. This women isn't to be trusted. Part of me just wanted to jump out and test my luck out there. However, something kept me from leaving; like a spell has been placed on me and I didn't want to leave the comfort of this chariot.

"This seems too easy... I ain't that smart but this seems like a bad idea." Whispered Ares.

Aphrodite rolled her eyes, "I'm right here. Yes, you are very stupid."

I swallowed hard and took my chances. "What do you want to know."

Aphrodite smiled wickedly. "What's your opinion on little Shiva?"

I hesitated, I looked at Ares who looked just as interested as Aphrodite. It was hard enough talking about this sort of stuff with her but Ares too...

Aphrodite saw my concern towards Ares and giggled. With a snap of her fingers Ares fell flat on his face asleep. Good.

She gestured me to start speaking.

I cleared my throat and pondered for a moment. I've been avoiding her in my thoughts and pushed down any opinions I've had towards her. I would have to address everything now. "I-I don't know... she's quiet and keeps to herself. There's no reason for me to like or dislike her." I stammered.

"Then why are you so hesitant speaking about her... hmm?" Said Aphrodite with a raised eyebrow.

I groaned. "She frightens me! Is that what you want to know?!"

Aphrodites face fell. She looked away with a blank expression. "She frightens me as well Apollo... but I think for a different reason." She looked back at me. "I think your feelings towards her is what frightens you."

I looked down towards my hands, "Perhaps. I don't know if I feel hatred towards her... or if it's something else. Something you would know."

"Why do you think you feel hatred towards her?" Asked Aphrodite.

"She's nothing. She doesn't say much, doesn't do much, and seems terribly bored. Despite all of that I care too much for her. I believe I hate her for having such an emotional grasp on me." I explained. It all made sense now that I was talking about it.

Aphrodite's eyes sparked with something. She appeared amused. "An ancient love."

"What do you mean...?"

"You are in love with her."

I felt my throat tighten and I quickly shook my head, "You're wrong. I couldn't possibly love someone like her."

"For the god of truth you're a terrible liar. You know exactly how you feel towards her. Don't act so confused. You're in complete denial." Aphrodite sighed and dusted off her dress.

"Why do you even care? After what she did to you don't you despise the woman. Why try to help us or get me to confess my feelings. I would assume you would wish the worst for her." I snapped.

"Oh trust me I do. Why do you think I'm talking to you? Oh dear Apollo, I think we both know you're the worst thing that could happen to her. This is why you're so conflicted. She'll just end up dead or betrayed like your previous lovers. The little brat deserves it." Aphrodite sneered as If she was a villain explaining her plan.

I was taken aback. I felt like I was stabbed in the gut with what she just said. What hurt was the fact that she was right. The best form of revenge Aphrodite could get on shiva was... to lead her into my arms. My deadly arms.

"I knew this was a bad idea..." I said through gritted teeth, "Stop. We'll find her on our own."

Aphrodite chuckled. "Don't you want to know where she is? I've gotten what I wanted, it's your turn isn't it my dear?"

I despised relying on someone like her. My opinion on Aphrodite has always been neutral but now... after everything she just said, I despise the goddess. However, I was desperate to find Shiva. I just wanted to get it over with and worry about the real problem: us being stuck on earth.

"Spit it out then!" I demanded.

With a snap of her fingers a regal looking device plopped on her lap. It was golden with intricate designs of roses on its frame. In the middle was a blinking screen. Surely it was one of Hephaestus's designs.

She plucked the device from her lap and tapped the center. This opened a map with a moving blinking dot. "Use this. Humans would call this a 'GPS'. Rather mundane isn't it... but useful. See this arrow? That's us. However, that blinking dot towards the corner is your beloved Shiva. Just follow the map and you'll ruin her life in no time!" Explained Aphrodite in a cheery tone.

She handed me the GPS which I hesitantly took. Shiva was far away compared to where we were now... what was she doing all the way over there?

With another snap of her fingers, Ares woke up suddenly. "W-what in the hell?!" Gasped Ares.

"Now, you boys have fun! Oh I simply can't wait for when you find her. There's a huge surprise involved indeed!" She giggled.

I just glared at her and gripped Ares arm, "let's go." I said as I exited the chariot dragging Ares behind me.

"Don't need to tell me twice blondie." Sighed Ares.

"Good luck boy's!" Said Aphrodite as she waved. The chariot lifted off the ground and rode off into the sky... just like my sun chariot.

"Did she tell us where the brat is?" Pressed Ares.

I showed him the device. "I hope that thick skull of yours is good at navigating." I said sighing.

"I know how to navigate my fist into your stupid face." Groaned Ares.

I just rolled my eyes. Time to find Shiva and figure out our next course of action...

SHIVA's POV

I managed to reach a road of sorts. I truly had no idea where I was going... I just kept walking in hopes of stumbling upon SOMETHING. My goal for now was to return back to camp... as much as I hate to admit it I really need their help. They know more about this cursed object than I do. My heart
Thumped rapidly against my chest as I hurried along the side of the road, I was nervous. Part of me felt as if Zeus stripping my goddess hood had made me more emotional...

I pondered, just trying to distract myself from the colossal issue tucked under my arms; Did they see I was gone? Surely they have. Does Apollo and Ares even care? They're probably happy I'm gone. Apollo hates me and Ares is only out for himself. But... does Apollo hate me? Artemis made it sound different.

Geez, these thoughts really aren't helping. I looked at my palm nervously. I wonder how much of my goddess hood I've retained? Before I still didn't truly know the extent of my strength. Perhaps now would be a good time to see, I couldn't do much harm since it's heavily restricted.

I stopped walking down the road and clenched my hand shut. I closed my eyes and attempted to concentrate. I wasn't sure what exactly I was concentrating on... Nothing happened.

I just sighed and let my hand fall to my side. All of them feared me and I resented them for it. But the truth is, I think I might fear myself as well. I have no control over my strength.

As saddening thoughts raked through my mind I simply gave up. I stopped inching down the path and looking for a solution. There is no reason for me to keep going. I'm feared, hated, and weak. I have no real goals, possible ones at least.

I slumped down at the side of the road and placed Pandora's box beside me. I don't care what happens to me or that box. I could be resentful and try to get revenge on the gods, or I could just sit by and let them destroy themselves. If hera finds it humorous that I'm running around with this thing, well, she can be held responsible if someone else finds it and opens it.

It was dark outside now. The sky was littered with faint stars yet the universe was hidden... light pollution.

I inhaled deeply and laid in the middle of the road observing the night sky. Regretfully, tears slowly rolled down my cheeks.

APOLLO's POV

After hours, we were very close to the "blinking dot" on the device Aphrodite gave us. We had been trudging through the woods with flashlights. I'm glad to finally be close to shiva but I'm even more glad that I don't have to listen to Ares' morbid war stories. I've seen enough death and would prefer not to hear anymore gruesome details.

"That blinky shit is close, do ya' think she'll really be there? Or did that... serpent in disguise tell us some bullshit!?" Groaned Ares.

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow, "for you, that's an awfully tame insult Ares. Would it be foolish of me to suggest that you're still in love with Aphrodite?". I smirked.

Ares quickly shook his head and scoffed. "Hell no! She's banging other people!"

"You guys have always had an open relationship, what do you mean-" I retorted.

"SHHH! I see something!" Ares hurriedly shushed me and squinted his eyes at something in the distance.

"What is it?" I asked as I swung around to face what he was looking at. I flashed my flashlight in the direction.

It was a road.

And Shiva was laying in the middle of it.

Authors Note

I hope you guys enjoyed it! Upon updating this I'm going to immediately start working on the next chapter. Regretfully, I always seem to have some bs excuse as to why I update late. I don't have a real excuse other than lacking inspiration. I'm really sorry guys. Please make sure to leave a comment, fav, and follow me. Anything positive or negative encourages me to write!

Thank you guys so much for sticking around and enjoying my story!

I really appreciate you <3

-Emma

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.1K 469 7
It takes six months to lose your immortality. Six grueling months of pain and fear. Follow my take on what may have happened during the six months Ap...
1K 72 15
"And so, we called you here to propose an offer.." Jaemin shifted in his seat, a subtle quirk in his brow, and a shine of unreadable concentration in...
50.1K 1.1K 14
The Giant war is over and that means peace at last, right? Wrong. Percy comes home one day to find 9 Olympian gods in his living room. Why, you may...
436 53 13
There was a time when Antheia feared death above all else. After all, what else did a goddess have to fear? However, after thousands of years, she k...