It All Started At 6 a.m.

By saylsbee

What would you do if your neighbour woke you up at six in the morning, every single day? Leah Scott is your... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 (1)
Chapter 10 (2)
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Characters
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
A/N
Epilogue

Chapter 11

5.9K 270 39
By saylsbee

Leah

"Ethan, it's really late, I am not doing this with you." I rubbed my eyes with the heel of my palm as I let out another yawn.

"Why not?" He asked running a hand through his chocolate brown curls. The guy is attractive enough as is and now when he ran his hand through his hair, further messing up his already messy flop, it gave him that rugged look which was a fucking turn on.

Snap out of it, Leah. I mentally scolded myself.

But it wasn't my fault that this guy in front of me was standing shirtless, his toned torso on full display, with messed up hair and a serious look on his face. Oh boy, were my hormones raging right now.

"Don't you want to do this?" He asked me again in that huskily-low voice of his. All these things made me go weak in the knees. Focus, Leah.

"It's freaking one at night, Ethan, we can't do this. I am not doing it. What if we get caught? My parents are sleeping in the room down the hallway. What if they wake up and find out? I am not doing anything like that with you." I rambled on. I wasn't scared about what will happen if my parents were to find out. No. That was the least of my concerns. It's just that, I didn't trust myself with my actions when this boy in front of me looked very much screwable.

Fuck these menstrual hormones.

"Leah, your parents are heavy-sleepers. Even if you bang a pan in their room, they'd still be snoring." He did have a point there. I guess it runs in my family.

I thought about it for a moment. I wanted to do it. I mean there wasn't any harm in doing what we were about to do.

"You know, it's fun to do it like this, late at night, when our parents are asleep." He added with a wink. Swoon.

"Okay fine." I looked at him, his face illuminated by the moonlight. His lips turned upwards but not in one of his usual smirks, his lips turned up into a beautiful smile which for a moment made me forget about the thing you call as breathing mechanism.

"Great. I'll be back in a moment." He went inside his room to probably put on a T-shirt.

So here's the entire thing. After a long productive Saturday spent by doing nothing except for eating and watching mindless tv shows, I went to sleep. But it seemed that my neighbour had different plans. He had woke me up at somewhere around one just because he was craving some Mexican food and wanted me to sneak out with him to some Mexican joint that's probably open 24/7.

Can he just not go alone? Why did he even bother me? Because it was his freaking hobby to annoy me.

I didn't know what joy this boy got from waking me up against my will? I mean even my alarm clock hasn't woke me up enough number of times in its entire lifetime as much as this boy did. And I had been using that thing for years. That itself says a lot.

I sighed as he came to his balcony, now wearing a t-shirt which was a little bit disappointing. I won't be able to ogle at his naked torso.

Leah!

"What the hell are you doing? Use your door to get out of your house like a normal person, idiot." I whisper-yelled at him as he slung his leg over the railing of his balcony, almost ready to jump.

"And wake my parents up? No thank you." Unlike my parents, his parents are light-sleepers. I watched him as he jumped down his balcony, landing on the ground oh-so-graciously. I wondered how many times he has done that.

"Come on. Get that cute little butt of yours down here." He was standing below my balcony. Was he nuts? No way was I going to jump down like him. It was easier for him to do because of his long legs. It would've been like stepping down a step of a staircase for him. Freaking camel legs.

"Leah it's not even that high. Plus you have a ledge down your balcony, step onto it and jump."

"Easier for you to say, you giraffe." He laughed.

He fucking laughed.

And it triggered me to slung myself over my balcony and jump with a perfect landing. Well, it was perfect if you ignore the part where I scraped my knee.

I dusted off my pajama pants and looked at the human-giraffe who stood there with a proud-mom look on his face. I think I did a pretty good job there.

"Let's get going, bitch." I pumped my fist in the air as I said that. Lack of sleep has its effects.

"First a giraffe and now a bitch. I wonder what another animal is going to be next?" He said as we started walking towards his car. I sniggered at that.

"What? You already did that, didn't you?" He asked, pretending to look offended.

"I called you a camel," I replied sheepishly.

"I don't even want to know the reason, now." We put on our seatbelts and he pulled out of his driveway.

"Hey, that's what you get for waking me up at ungodly hours." I slapped his knee and rested my head on the window.

__________

"Leah, wake up, we are here." You could say I dozed off.

"It's twice in a span of an hour, Adams, that you have woke me up." I stretched and got out of the car.

"Do you know how much my nickname for you suits your personality. Koala bear sleeps for twenty-two hours a day." Lucky them.

"But you don't let me sleep peacefully even for six hours a day. Do you see me complaining? No. Why because I am a kind soul. And kind souls never bitch about anything." I rambled on.

"You are doing exactly the same thing." He stated as a matter of fact. "I don't know if anyone has ever mentioned this to you but you have got this weird tendency to start blabbering things that don't make sense whenever you're sleep-deprived." He added further as I scanned the menu of the Mexican joint. I ordered a vegetable quesadilla whereas Ethan settled on a chicken enchilada. He asked the waiter to pack it for us so that we can takeout the same.

"Aren't we eating here?" I asked him as I carried the takeout to the car after we paid for our meal.

"Who said we are eating at a diner? I don't remember saying such a thing." He opened the car door for me as my hands were occupied.

"Didn't know you can be chivalrous," I smirked at him as I slid in the passenger side seat.

"What can I say? I have to charm the lady who jumped off her balcony for me." He winked at me as he closed the door on my side and jogged up to get to the driver's side.

"You make it sound as if I'm crazy for you." I retorted as we pulled out of the driveway and drove on the empty streets.

"Oh, I don't know, Leah, are you?" He glanced at me for a moment before diverting his attention back on the road.

Am I?

I don't know.

What was I even thinking? Of course not. It's ridiculous to even imagine such a prospect.

A random song was playing on the radio as we maneuvered our way on the street. I decided to stay quiet and looked out of the window as we passed by.

"Where are we going?" I asked, my patience running thin.

"Somewhere." He answered back with a smirk.

"Asshole." I poked his arm.

"A hot asshole." He corrected me.

"Careful, it might burn your ass." The entire car boomed with his laughter as the car swerved off the lane a bit before he quickly sobered up.

"See, this is why I love to spend my time with you." He concentrated on his driving as I sat there, dumbfounded. What do you even say to that?

I glanced outside and saw that we were driving along the beach-side. What is this boy up to? I rolled down the window and let the cool breeze enter the car. The days are getting warmer in California, so the cool, night breeze felt soothing to my skin.

"Hey Ethan, I think you forgot to take the right turn to the beach," I suggested hoping that we would be going to the beach and I would be finally eating my quesadilla. But no. He just wouldn't tell me where we were going. Does he want me to die of anticipation? I fucking hated being clueless.

"We are actually going to the beach?" I asked him again as I noticed that the car had started to slow down a bit.

"Something like that. You'll see once we go there." He parked his car a few meters away from the beach. We got out of the car and started walking on the sandy-footpath but didn't go towards the beach.

I wish I had this superpower where I would be able to read people's minds. I could read this guy's mind.

No, wait.

Scratch that.

I didn't want to. God knows what pervy thoughts conjure up there.

I huffed as we continued our walk. I was getting tired now. Doing nothing all day and then suddenly doing so much of physical activity had exhausted me.

"Hey, Ethan?" I called out.

"What?" He turned back to look at me since he was walking ahead of me. Long legs surely had their benefits.

"Want to give me a piggyback?" I asked him hopefully, extending my arms forward.

"How about no?" He resumed his walking and I sighed in annoyance. I jogged up to him and hit him as I started walking ahead of him.

Ten minutes later we were standing in front of the woods. I didn't notice it at first since I was busy mentally choking this boy to death for the fourth time now. And if he doesn't tell me now where we are going then I won't hesitate to bring my thoughts into action. I was frustrated.

"We're going in the woods?" I asked him incredulously.

"Yeah"

"You know when you jumped from your balcony, I was wondering how many times you've done that. And now we're standing in front of the woods at fucking dead of the night. Are you into any of those illegal things or any gang and this is your secret place where you all gather and discuss your moves on your next victim? Because you sure as hell are creepin-"

I was cut off mid-ramble as he pinched my lips with his forefinger and thumb.

"You should really be taking lessons on how to shut up." He said as I swat his hand away. "And for your knowledge, I am not involved in any of those things." He added whilst running his hand through his head. It's a sign of him being frustrated.

"Give me the bags." He held out his hand.

"Why? I'm perfectly capable of carrying these." I held my chin up in the air.

"I don't doubt your abilities, Ms.Scott. Give me the bags and you just concentrate on your footing. We are going in the woods." He took the bags from my hand and took a dirt trail that lead us into the woods.

I followed him closely as I gripped his arm tightly, probably cutting off all the circulation in his arm.

After a few snaps of the branches and tripping over the roots, when I saw where we were standing, I gasped and almost fell on the ground if I hadn't been holding his arm.

What place is this?

******

If someone were to wake me up at this hour, I'd have chopped their hair off. No kidding.

Anyways how do you like the chapter? Thoughts?

Don't forget to vote.

Until next time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 55 35
June's senior year in high school starts probably the worst way possible - her first boyfriend and supposedly love of her life cheats on her and dump...
49.9K 2.5K 61
9/8/2020 : i decided to re-publish it all again because why not hehehe ━━━ mind my cringey summary and cringey story that i wrote at 3am under my bed...
186K 5.3K 46
"Autumn" he says a bit louder, I couldn't resist his voice so I look up at him. "Do you think everything I have ever said to you and done with you is...
Emma By Stacey

Teen Fiction

536 26 25
Emma is a high school Senior, she's in love with a jock named jake but he'll never be hers, at least that's what she thinks. To make matters worse, s...