Finding Maze

By Cosmic-Enigma

" aww, how kind. Is this your way of getting another proof that I am a criminal so that you can put me in pri... More

Author's notes.
Character Aesthetic
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
'Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
'Let's Go'
' Killing Or No Killing'
' Know Thy Enemy'
' Aftermath'
' Understanding Lies'
Epilogue
Author's note.

Chapter 34

7 0 0
By Cosmic-Enigma

Miley Pov.

I sighed as I checked my phone again, the sun was about to set in and we have been walking on this road for about two hours, Not once have we come across any vehicle of sorts.

After the epic fight, Caden decided to leave the car to make it look realistic and we started walking back home since then. There is no signal around this place and the wind is getting chiller by time and there is dry blood on my face and a lot of other bruises. I really want to go home and sleep. Especially to avoid Caden talking.

"what do you think, Miley? I think it would be pretty cool, I mean imagine Nicole and me dancing and Haze and you bickering. It's a sight"

I sighed and stopped walking and pointed to the setting sun and asked "do you like that?"

"I love the sun set and sun raise. I mean look at it its soo cool. Nicole and I used to have sun set dates, it was lovely and peaceful" he said smiling.

"Well, that's how my life will be without you in it. For the last time, shut up " I yelled. Caden blinked at me for a whole minute and and the next minute he didn't stop talking at all.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

" I think we are somewhere nearby. You didn't have blindfolds, why didn't you see the pathway? " I asked.

" oh I am sorry, if I was busy trying to say our ass by neutralizing the situation on both the sides " he replied rolling his eyes.

I rolled my eyes and took out my cell phone, and walked around the road to get a signal but got it right near a cabin which was locked. I looked up to find a tower and immediately booked an Uber. And about three hours later the uber arrived. Funny how quickly we went to the destination.

The driver kept on asking us if he needed to take us to the police station but we just ignored him and sat in silence. I think he shitted his pants when he saw the blood oozing out of Caden's shoulder. I had to shoot him to make it look realistic, not that I didn't mind or something.

The smell of blood in the stuffed car and my own dried blood made me feel suffocated, but luckily before I could jump out of the car the driver dropped me at Jenna's house. I heaved a sigh of relief as I entered the house and went to my room and checked my phone for any voicemails from Jenna.

"Hey, Miley. I am in Queens, I will be back by tomorrow. Till then Haze is babysitting you "

I face palmed myself and entered the washroom. Right then my phone rang showing Haze as the caller ID.

"you don't have to come, I will be fine" I said quickly.

"Actually I am already at home, so I am good. Coming down? " He asked.

"No, can't I am going to take a shower" I said glaring at the washbasin.

"Okay" he said and hung up.

I looked at myself in the mirror.  There were small cuts all over my face because of the glass splinters, there were cuts on my bruises too, one such bruise covered my entire cheek I doubted concealer would cover it. And as an icing, there was a huge cut over my eyebrow, which I was pretty sure needed stitches. I groaned lightly when a sharp pain made it's way over my head.

"Miley" there was a knock on my bathroom door. I dropped my phone and kicked it even further when I tried to pick it up.

" dammit " I muttered and took it. I was still on my clothes, and knowing that Haze wanted to talk to me, I quickly turned the faucet over and yelled"what?"

" I know you are not taking a bath, and I know what happened. So come out " he said.

I sighed and turned off the faucet and stepped outside. He looked at me from top to toe and again.

"Are you done staring? " I snapped.

He came closer and held my arm."why don't you sit down and let me take care of your wounds? "

" no "

" what? "

" no, I won't let you have the satisfaction of seeing me suffer " I gritted.

"What? No, I won't have any satisfaction. Miley, I just want to help" he said, grimacing.

"Look, I am in pain. I won't let you to make it worse " I snapped.

" I won't make it worse. Just, just sit down, Miley. I will take care of your wounds " he said, calmly.

I eyed him, when I felt like he wasn't joking I walked past him and sat on my bed, I took out the first aid kit from my dresser and gave it to him. He took the box and took out a cotton and dabbed it with dettol. He held out his right hand in front of me. I raised my eyebrow at him.

"hold on tight " he said. I nodded and held his arm with my hand tightly as he started dabbing the cotton. My firm grew tighter and tighter as my skin burned. I closed my eyes and focused on my hold on him. After about ten excruciating minutes Haze stopped. He threw the cotton into the dustbin and took out a needle and a nylon thread. He tilted my head and started stitching the cut which was over my eyebrow. I gripped the bed, as he went in and out. My breathing quickened and I felt suffocated again, like being trapped and there was no escape, my grip on his hand tightened.

"Hey, hey. Calm down. It's done. It's over. You are alright " he said as he crouched and held my hands.

I gulped and nodded my head a couple of times.

"Go to sleep, everything will be fine " he said, brushing my hair. I nodded my head and walked to my closet,I changed into a jumpsuit and came out to find Haze waiting for me. I crawled on my bed and laid my head on my pillow. Haze took the white duvet which was near my legs and placed it over my body. I gave him a light smile of gratitude which he returned with a nod and left my room.

And about three hours of not sleeping, and tossing and turning, I got out of the bed. It was around twelve in the morning and the house was pitch black as I went downstairs and tip toed to the kitchen. I searched the shelves and the draws for the sleeping tablets Jenna usually kept around, but I couldn't find them.

Frowning, I switched on the lights and started searching for them again. I opened the draws parallel to the dishwasher and found the pills. I took out a tablet and filled a cup of water.

"what are you doing? " I heard Haze's voice making me jump and drop the glass, I gave him a glare as I refilled my cup again.

"Are you taking sleeping tablets?" he asked.

"yeah, I can't sleep" I replied.

" no "

" what no? "

"you are not taking sleeping tablets "

" stop being annoying, Haze. It's just a tablet, I am not gonna finish the  whole bottle "

" you will, eventually, finish it. You will start taking one, day by day and without you realising you will be completely dependent on it for sleep. So, no. You are not taking a pill "

" I won't be dependent on it " I said rolling my eyes, although I wasn't really sure with my own words. I was never good with pills but it didn't mean I take a lot of pills to death.

" yes, you will. And you know I am right "

I sighed in frustration, how does he even know this?

"Okay, fine what do you want me to do then?I can't sleep and I don't think I will be able to. Everytime I turn I am in pain. It's horrendous "

" I will sleep with you "

" what? "

" I know that you will sleep better when someone is around you. I will make sure you don't twist and turn around. In that way you won't be in any pain "

I think he has some device that tells him what I like and don't, what I feel and don't.

" why are you being nice to me? "

" because you helped Caden get back on track and you were right "

" Okay " I nodded and walked to my room.

I always felt happy when people didn't know about me much. I am sure my gang friends are trying to figure me out and all that, and they have done a pretty good job. They know how my mind works, how I think, how I analyze. They know each and every inch of the facade I put on. But Haze. He knows things that I don't want anybody to know.

Haze got inside the covers, while I stood at the edge of the bed.

"are you sure? It's going to get awkward " I said, folding my arms across my chest.

" well, better than sleeping on the couch " Haze mumbled and got comfortable. I sighed and climbed on the bed, I took out the arm that he had his head rested on and stretched it straight. I lied down on the bed using his hand as my pillow.

" the pillow is right above you " he said, turning to face me.

" what if you murder me with the pillow while I am sleeping? Gotta be cautious "

" if I wanted to kill you, I would go for a torturous way " he said, with a smirk.

I would too.

He kept his other arm around my waist and pulled me closer to his chest. I sighed in peace and closed my eyes. The sleep came within a matter of seconds.

°°°°°°°°°°°°

I woke up to the sound of the door banging. I turned to look at Haze entering my bathroom. I turned the other side and pulled the covers over my head.

"hey, jenna is home " Haze said.

" Mmmmm" I mumbled.

"you have school "

" mmmmm"

"Miley, there is school and Jenna is home" he said, pulling the covers.

"Okay, fine. I am tired, just let me sleep. I will speak to Jenna later "

" with that bruised face? " he asked. I jolted up and stared at him. He was in a black shirt and pants.

Where did he get his clothes from?

" no, no. I can't let her see me. She is gonna kill me and she is going to send me back. And I cannot go back. Holy shit "I jumped out of my bed and hid in the closet right when I heard my room door opened.

" where is Miley and what are you doing in her room? " I heard Jenna's voice laced with anger.

"Miley had gone to school and asked me to check if she had left anything " Haze replied.

" oh, okay. Seems like you guys are friends now?"

"No, I just want to be a good babysitter " he replied.

I heard some laughter and then Jenna said" sorry, you have to babysit her. I think she is into fighting or something, I see her bruise past the concealer and she thinks she is hiding from me but I can see right through her. She has been through a lot sh--"

I dropped my hangers to stop her from talking.

"what is that sound? " Jenna asked, I felt her legs coming closer to my closet so I quickly went behind my sections of cardigans and hid behind them. She opened the door and looked around, she picked up the hangers and kept them back. She closed the door muttering something under her breath. I sighed.

" Okay, you should get back home " she said.

"Yeah, my clothes are in the guest washroom. I will take them and leave" Haze said.

" Okay, I will be waiting downstairs " she said, and I waited for the sound of my door closing and when I was sure she left I sighed and came out.

" what was that about? " he asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Nothing, my hands slipped " I shrugged.

"Okay, go to my car through your window. I will come eventually, we will go to the gang house. Here, take my car keys" he said, handing out his keys. I took them and gave him a nod. He left the room.

I opened my window and climbed out and jumped. I fell on my ass.

Great, just add to the pain I have been feeling.

I walked towards the Range Rover parked and got inside. I climbed on back seat, laying on it to just rest my eyes for a few minutes.

°°°°°°°°°°°°

I woke to someone stroking my cheek, Nicole removed her hand and helped me sit upright.

"why do you look at me like, I have just woken up from a coma? "

" I am sorry, you had to go through this " she said with a look which pretty much said she pitied me.

I hate pity.

"Don't treat me like that. I am temporary in this gang not at what I am doing, what I have got is nothing" I said.

"We didn't want you to get hurt. We only wanted you for your hacking skills. Our previous one died --"

"died? "

"Yeah, Rowling Sterling. Wait, you didn't know? " Nicole asked surprised.

" no, no one told me she was working for your Gang as a hacker" I said, looking at her with wide eyes.

" oh, Rowling was Alex's girlfriend. They broke up two weeks before she died. We don't want to lose another one. We want you safe, if anything happens to you Haze will be devastated to tell that to Jenna. She is the only one that understands him " she said, and I knew immediately that she was worrying about Caden.

"Nicole, Caden is fine. I shot him, so that he could be safe in the gang. Apart from that, he is fine. Don't worry. He is not as badly hit as I am " I said, holding her hand.

"Thank you, Miley" Nicole breathed squeezing my hand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

VICENZO By Walnut

Short Story

1.5M 39K 74
Raised in the Mafia, I have known no other life other than cold calculated violence and discipline. A life where brutality is praised and weakness is...
72.3K 1.2K 39
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ October 27, 2020 Ended ~ January 30, 2021 ~ Started editing ~ March 11, 2021 End Editing ~ April 27, 2021 ****...
1M 52K 82
Before I could walk away completely, he grabbed my arm and pushed me against the wall. My wrists were caught in his grasp as he placed them above my...
507K 13.6K 36
✔COMPLETED ✔ Description: So, what do you do at 14 when you've been kicked out of the only home you've ever known? What do you do when you call you...