roses // michaeng au

By mayamaw

in which Chaeyoung had misunderstandings with a transfer. highest rank; #11 gg [finished] More

Quick Reminder!
[ ROUGH START ]
[ SLEEPOVER ]
[ PUDDING ]
[ MYOUI? ]
[ APOLOGIES ]
[ LOVE GAME ]
[ CAFETERIA ]
[ STUDY DATE ]
[ RUMOUR ]
[ MAKING UP ]
[ BE HONEST ]
[ RETURN ]
[ SCHEME ]
[ SINK ]
[ DECLARATION ]
[FINALLY OH MY GOD]
[MORNING]
[DATE pt.1]
[DATE pt. 2]

[ JEALOUSY ]

2.7K 98 75
By mayamaw

Sunday morning Mina woke up feeling greater than ever. Yesterday was amazing for Mina and she just wanted to do it all again.

She went downstairs to her mother making breakfast, "good morning!"

"looks like someone's in a good mood," her mom smiled, "what happened?"

"nothing, I just feel really good," she smiled, not really feeling like wanting to tell her mom the things she and Chaeyoung did yesterday that made her feel this way. She'd take too long.

"ooh, well, in that case you should help your grandfather harvest his precious strawberries," her mum said, placing a plate of waffles down, "after you eat, of course."

"Good morning Ojī-chan!"

"Good morning Mina! Come to help your old man, huh?" The older smiled.

"No, I only wanted to see you.." Her face suddenly became serious. "Oh, if that's the case-"

"I'm kidding, of course I'll help!" She began to grab one of the piled baskets near her, picking out strawberries. She giggled when she heard her grandfather say, "ehh, that kid.."

It took the two around 30 minutes clearing out all the good strawberries for harvest. Mina wiped off the sweat on her chin as she plopped the last basket down. "Man, that was tiring."

"you did like 8 baskets, don't complain," her elder teased. "It's still tiring!" Mina stood up properly to go beside her grandfather, "what are you planning to do with all these strawberries anyway?"

He hummed, "well, first things first, I have to give some of it to Chaeyoung for helping me grow these."

At the mention of Chaeyoung, Mina shot up. Without thinking much, she had offered to deliver the strawberries to the younger herself. "That's cute of you to deliver your crush strawberries," her elder smirked.

"w-what? she isn't my crush!"

"sure, sweetie. keep telling yourself that, I saw you two last night, you know," Mr. Myoui said. "Huh? How?"

"I have surveillance cameras dear," he said simply, "now go wash up, your shirt has dirt stains."

He then left to sort out the baskets into boxes, having Mina dumbfounded about her grandfather seeing her and Chaeyoung last night then looking down to indeed see patches of dirt on her shirt.

"huh."

"Here, you'll do chapter 1-3 and I'll do 4-8. We'll present it together." Chaeyoung placed Changbin's computer in front of her. "1-3? those are all long chapters!" Changbin whined.

"Well it's better than having to do 4-8. Or do you want to go back to my idea?"

"No!" Changbin's eyes fill with horror as Chaeyoung laughed at him. "I'm only kidding. Sheesh."

"You're annoying." The other stated. Not looking away from the screen in front of her, Chaeyoung said, "back at ya, shorty."

"you do realize you're shorter than me?"

"Yeah, but you're still shorter than the average male." Changbin was about to whine again when Ms. Son decided to interrupt.

"Alright, that's it with the bickering. You two haven't stopped teasing each other since you met." She said, placing two croissants on their table. Chaeyoung lifted her hands in defeat, "That's why I try to avoid being in the same group with him! He's too annoying."

Without missing a beat, Changbin was quick to turn Chaeyoung's words against her, "Back at ya, shorty."

"Why you little-!"

"Kids!"

"This is a lot of strawberries."

"Don't blame her, she likes this stuff as much as I do." Mr. Myoui said as he piled two decently big boxes on Mina's hands. "Her house is just around the corner. mind you her house isn't actually a house, but a bakery. Son's."

"Yeah, I know." Mina smiled uncomfortably. Mr. Myoui laughed at her, "They aren't weighing you down, are they?"

"No, I'll get used to it. Don't worry." Mina tried to smile, thought it was clear she was having a hard time. "Ah, the things I can get you to do when you're in love.."

"What?"

"Nothing, nothing, just go and send the strawberries," Mr. Myoui hid his smile.

Off Mina went, somewhat eager to bring the strawberries to Chaeyoung. She didn't exactly know why she was so excited.

Maybe it was the fact that Mina would finally know Chaeyoung's house.

Or maybe it was because she'd get to meet Ms. Son who she heard a lot from the others.

Or maybe it was just ridiculous that she willingly wanted to bring two heavy boxes of goddamn strawberries.

She laughed just thinking about it. Or maybe,

maybe she was just excited to see Chaeyoung.

Whatever it was that made Mina like this, she wasn't really complaining. She kept on smiling like an idiot while walking around the corner.

The unmistakably large font saying Son's with it's teal coloured walls that contrasted with the other buildings across the road caught Mina's attention.

She smiles as she walks closer to it, now being right across from it. Even from afar she could make out a figure typing away on a computer. The blonde hair mad it clear that figure was Chaeyoung.

The closer she got, the more her smile faded. Chaeyoung was with a boy now, and it didn't look like she was bothered by him. In fact, they look like they were very close, joking around, laughing. Chaeyoung pushed the guy lightly from laughing so much.

Suddenly she wasn't all that excited to bring the strawberries to Chaeyoung. But the pain in her back from carrying two boxes she only felt now. She couldn't come back still with the boxes though, she'll only end up being asked endless questions from her grandfather and a sore back.

Stay calm, Mina. Just walk in, give the strawberries, and walk out. get it over with.

"See? Hanging out with me after so long isn't that bad."

"Whatever, it doesn't change you're still such a whiner with group projects," Chaeyoung tried to say harshly, but failed since her smile was still apparent from Changbin's earlier antics. "Oh shut up-"

They turned their heads when the bell rang, "Oh, Mina! Hey." Not thinking much Chaeyoung stood up.

"What's with the boxes?" The other looked a bit awkward, shuffling before getting to answer, "uhm, they're strawberries. Grandpa wanted to thank you for helping him.."

"Oh! Thank you!" She took one of the boxes from Mina. "you look exhausted," Chaeyoung paused, looking back at Changbin, "Bin! help me with these boxes?"

Changbin rolled his eyes, "And what?" She threw a glare at him. "okay, okay." He also stood up, walking over to Mina and taking the other box from her, "here. let me get these off you."

"Oh, uh, thanks,"

"Mina, do you want anything?" Chaeyoung asked after putting down the box in a corner, Changbin following. The question should have brought joy to Mina.

"No, I'm fine. Thank you."

Chaeyoung brought her eyebrows together. Last time she checked, Mina was quite eager to see and visit Chaeyoung's house/bakery. How the older was acting showed the opposite. It kind of unsettled her. So she was having none of it.

"You like coffee, right? is a latte okay for you?" Chaeyoung got behind the counter. "Chaeyoung, I didn't bring any money-"

"It's on the house."

"Chaeyoung, It's fine, I was just-"

"You should just let her be," The male said beside Mina, making her turn to him, "when she's set on doing something. Nothings stopping her."

And who are you to say that?

Mina had almost, almost let her thought slip her lips.

"I guess, but I needed to go," Mina tried to say as calm as she could. A growing feeling was starting to bother her. "Then you'll get it to go."

"See? There's no reasoning with a Son Chaeyoung," the guy said, "I'm Changbin, by the way."

Oh, so Changbin's his name.

"Mina." she nodded. Chaeyoung, who throughout Mina and Changbin's talk, had finished making Mina's latte. She handed the Japanese the warm cup.

"Thanks," Mina murmured, avoiding eyes. Chaeyoung's frown was back again. She thought her drink would, I don't know, at least done something to Mina. "I-uh, better get going. My mom doesn't expect me to be out for so long."

She hoped Chaeyoung would believe it, it was the most effective lie Mina could bring up. Mina mentally sighed in relief when Chaeyoung relaxed her frown in defeat.

"Well, I shouldn't keep you stalled, huh?"

"Yeah.." Mina somehow felt bad, "sorry. Bye" She quickly scurried out of the shop. Sighing when she was far enough from it.

Why was I like that?

[a/n]
Okay but I absolutely love Mr. Myoui in this :))) I imagined what it'd be like to have an elderly man as a bestfriend and got the better of me loll

anyway, Mina's jealous? ooh~

see you in the next update,
have a good day lovelies~~
-maya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

356K 12.1K 40
just another cliche fairytale in which the most popular girl in school fell inlove with the famous ms.president !!!
123K 6.5K 89
Meeting each other randomly in a playground, helping each other in every aspect, but what will happen if one leave? Will she change? Be devastated? W...
51K 1.1K 32
Addicted to her lips and smell🐯🍓🐧 First michaeng fanfic i guess uou guys will like it. (completed ) ❤️❤️ Highest ranking MiChaeng #4 (09/02/21 M...
146K 4.1K 42
[COMPLETED] Years have passed and they meet again