Markings

By angeliqhope

"It can't be," Jungkook spoke softly. He's seen that mark before. He can't be his soulmate right? More

Marking
Bitter
Disillusioned
Anodyne
Eschew
Urge
Compuction
Avoidance

Awkward

377 22 5
By angeliqhope

Hoseok took the picture, and stared at it for a bit. He clicked send, and the picture was out.

"I'm still not over your mark. It's so wow!" Jimin shouted from the kitchen.

       "I'm also stunned. But overall I'm so happy with it!" Jungkook giggled.

"Come on guys! The cake is ready!" Jin called out.

The rest of the group walked into the kitchen and huddled around the table with Jungkooks cake. Jin grabbed a hold of the lighter and lit the number seventeen candle. Hoseok reached to the side and switched the lights off, the only light coming from the golden birthday candle. And so the boys began singing.

  Saengil chukahamnida

Saranghaneun jungkook

Saengil chukahamnida

The room was then filled with claps as Jungkook blew out the candle. He smiled at his group of friends, who were now taking one too many pictures of him. They then huddled together and took one big group photo, with the smiling ravenette in the middle of them.

"Kook looks like a little baby! So cute!" Jimin cooed squishing Jungkook's round cheeks.

Jungkook pried jimin's hands off his face, whining. Jin grabbed a knife and began cutting slices of the red velvet marshmellow cake. He placed the slices on paper plates and handed them out to the greedy boys, who eagerly waited for their slice. He then gave a large slice to Jungkook. Once everyone had gotten a piece, he cut a slice for himself and put the remaining of the cake in the refrigerator.

"This cake is so good! Where did you get it?" Yugyeom praised, stuffing his face.

"Uh, I made it," Jungkook mumbled, looking down at his cake.

"Really? You're amazing at cooking then. This is the best cake I ever had," Yugyeom complimented once again.

And yet again, Jungkook flushed a light shade of red. He let out a small thanks and continued to devour his cake, along with the others. The sweet frosting melting in his mouth.

"Jungkookie is golden! He's good at everything!" Jimin announced, smiling sweetly at Jungkook.

"That's not true. I may be good at some things, but not everything," Jungkook subsided.

     "A volleyball star, a cook, a dancer and singer, and awesome at video games? Jungkook you're golden!" Hoseok threw his hands up exaggerating.

Jungkook just shook his head, giggling.

The rest of the night consisted of the boys chatting and eating, mostly eating. Everyone had left close to twelve in the morning. Worn out, Jungkook dragged himself to his room, and laid down on his bed, enjoying the comfort of the soft mattress. He fluttered his eyes shut, his dreams now taking over.

————————
6:10 a.m.

The sound of a phone call blared throughout the room. A small pale hand revealed itself under the mount of the yellow blankets, reaching over to the nightstand. Once it held on the phone, it disappeared back under the blanket. The pestering sound now subsided, but soon replaced with a groan. A soft patch of dark black hair popped out of the blankets.

        "Hurry up Hyung, you're boyfriend is waiting for you!" ~~

       "Aish, brat, he just calls me for that?!" Yoongi groaned, removing the blankets and stepped onto the cold wood floor.

He picked out his clothes and walked out of his room and into the bathroom. Once he was done with his business, he made his way out of his house and hopped onto his bike.

Nearing the school gates, he hopped off and placed it in the bicycle rack, making sure to lock it.

       "Yoongi! Hey!" A sweet voice called out.

Said male instantly smiled, walking towards the other. He engulfs the taller male in a hug, wrapping his arms around the others waist, and snuggling his head in his chest.

     "Aww, you guys are so cute," a small voice broke their hug.

The two pulled apart and looked at the smiling boy.

    "Oh hey Jungkook! Happy late birthday ," Yoongi smiled at Jungkook, who thanked him.

     "I sent you his mark, did you see it?" Hoseok questioned, his arms now wrapped around Yoongi's waist as he hugs him from behind.

   "No I haven't checked my phone, ooh let me see it now," Yoongi replied, taking his phone out of his back jean pocket.

He scrolled through his phone, opening Hoseoks message. And surely, an image of Jungkook's marked thigh fills his screen. His eyes widen as he continues to stare at the stunning image.

     "Oh wow! ITS SO PRETTY!" Yoongi stared at the picture in awe, "Jungkook, you need to show me it sometime, I wanna see it in person."

     "Sure, and thank you," Jungkook mumbled, blushing at the comment.

     "But, I think I've seen that mark before, I just don't remember where," Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows and pouted.

"Wait, you have? Like on someone?" Jungkook pondered, his eyes wide in curiosity.

"Yeah, I promise you i'll try and remeber who, but it couldv'e just been a random stranger I saw on the streets," Yoongi answered, shutting his phone off and putting it back in his jean pocket.

"It's alright. Anyway, it's almost time for first block, lets head in," Jungkook smiled at his two hyungs.

The two elders nodded and followed their youngest. They walked the long halls, the couple walking hand in hand behind the smaller boy. They walked the smaller to his class, separating ways once Jungkook was in his class.

    "See you third block Jungkook!" Hoseok announced from down the hall, as Jungkook entered his class.

He takes his seat in the back again, hoping that  Taehyung doesn't sit with him again. Two minutes till the late bell and all the seats were taken, again. Jungkook sits there, silently praying for Taehyung to not show up. and as if the universe was not on his side today, Kim Taehyung walks into the classroom right as the bell rings. Jungkoooks heart stops, he looks around and surely, all the seats were taken, except for the one right beside him. Jungkook bangs his head on the table and groaned. When he did that, Taehyung happened to be standing right beside the table.

    "I'm not too excited about sitting next to you either," Taehyung scoffed and rolled his eyes, taking the seat beside Jungkook.

    "Alright, you have twenty minutes to finish up you're poem, if you're done hold on to them," Mr.Jay declared.

Jungkook took his paper out along with his phone and waited for time. Meanwhile Taehyung hadn't done anything last class. He had an empty paper. He knew what to do but didn't know what to write. He looked over at Jungkook's paper and saw how the smaller male had already finished. Oh, Taehyung envied how fast the other worked. He thought of random things he could write about. He may be lazy on his work, but he was surprisingly good. Deciding on a topic, he went with soulmates.

Taehyung, didn't like the idea of soulmates, and it definitely showed with his many exes, and ex hookups. He didn't want fate to decide who he ends up, but that's the way life goes. He was afraid of loosing interest in his soulmate, but of course he'd never say that out loud. He sighed and picked up his pencil and began to write.

☞︎ 𝟸𝟶 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚝𝚎𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

"Alright, times up. Finish up your last sentence and set your pencils down," Mr.Jay announced, breaking everyone out of thought, "Now, I want you to write your name at the top please, and switch papers with the person next to you."

Everyone did as told, meaning Taehyung and Jungkook had to switch papers. They both hesitantly gave each other their papers.

"Now I want you to read that persons paper, also keep in mind this person will be your partner for this assignment/project. You will proofread, and add comments. Once your done with that hand the papers back to your partner and begin planning out a portfolio of poems, all based on one topic, that topic being of your choice. You will have the rest of the week and weekend to do so. Monday will be a gallery walk. The poems you're reading now will also be a part of your portfolio. There is no limit to how many poems you write. But, please write more than four poems. Be creative! Now you may begin, I'll be walking around with notebook to write down who's working with who," and so he walked back to his desk as the students began chatting.

Both Jungkook and Taehyung took a deep breath before reading each other's papers. Eyes skimming through the others paper. It's quite ironic how they wrote about the same topic, yet had two very different views on it. They took their time adding small comments and editing. Once they were finished they silently gave their papers back, stuck in a moment of silence, not knowing what to say. They stare at their desks, not daring to look at each other. One visibly gulps, while the other anxiously bounces his leg. Neither speaking. They awkwardly glanced at each other for a while, not knowing if they should speak up. With time passing quickly, and class ending soon, the two still haven't spoken.

"Ah Mr. Kim and Mr.Jeon, i'm guessing you two are working together, considering you're the last two. Now have you two conversed yet, or are you still not talking ?" Mr.Jay neared the two males, waiting for an answer.

The two remained silent.

"I'm going to take that as a no. Since you two are failing to cooperate you will be spending time after school today. This is an at home project as well, so I advise you both to put your problems aside and get this assignment done, now speak or i'll make this a bigger project," He warned, staring at the two who still wouldn't dare to speak.

"That does it. Alright, everyone listen up. Since two of your classmates don't want to cooperate, we will make this a much bigger project. You have till December for this project, thats four months, and i'm going to add a few things, along with the poems you will research a famous poet, and write one similar poem to theirs, then write a paper on why poetry is important, and to finalize write two poems each, that represents you and your partner. This is a chance to get closer to your partner, they may be your partner for futher projects now." Mr.Jay announces, shocking the two males who wouldn't speak.

He walks off, leaving Jungkook and Taehyung in utter disbelief. Even if they didn't talk now they had to talk soon in order to not fail. Taehyung shook his and turned to face the ravenette, who was still looking down at the desk. Just as Taehyung was opening his mouth to speak the bell rang, and everyone practically ran out, including Jungkook. He sat there, dumbfounded. Talking was a lot harder than he thought. He picked up his things and made his way to his second class.

_____________

He let a breath he didn't know he was holding once he was in his History class. And somone had noticed that.

"Hey, Jungkook. You alright?" Yugyeom questioned once Jungkook walked to their shared desk.

"Yeah, my morning just didn't start off right," Jungkook grumbled.

          "Well I'm guessing it has to do with Taehyung, since you just had a class with him right?" Yugyeom wondered.

        "You already know. I have to work on a huge project with him, and we might be assigned partners. Ugh I'm gonna fail," Jungkook groaned once again.

       "Wow, Mr.Jay said fuck your problems. Aw kooks you won't fail you just got to work through it. I mean you're just gonna talk about the project right? You'll be fine," Yugyeom assures.

Jungkook just sighs as they wait for class to start.

—————-

"Kookie, are you gonna wear your shorts in P.E. today and show off your mark?" Yugyeom smiled at Jungkook.

"No, they're dirty so I'm just gonna wear sweatpants," Jungkook frowned.

"I was hoping to see you mark again," The  other pouted.

"Aww don't worry gyeommie you can come over today, we'll right after I finish detention, If you want to wait," Jungkook suggested.

       "I'll wait for you, Ah I'm so excited!" Yugyeom agreed.

The two walked into the gymnasium and entered the locker room. They separated ways to their lockers and began changing.

     "Hey Kookie!" Hoseok entered the locker room.

"Wow you're early today Hyung," Jungkook commented.

"Yes, the teacher finally doesn't need me anymore," Hoseok let out a sigh as he began to change along with Jungkook.

Once the two males were changed, Yugyeom met with them and walked out onto the gym floor. 

———

       "You ready for volleyball?" Yugyeom asked as the three began doing warmups.

       "Yes! We're going to kick ass!"Jungkook smiled triumphantly.

"Alright the list is up, go on to your designated courts, and begin playing. Remember to keep count of points," The gym teacher announced.

Everyone gathered with their team and went onto their courts. Jungkook and Yugyeom met up with San and Jinyoung, Taehyung soon joining them.

      "Alright who are we up against?" Jinyoung asked as they all settled on their court.

    "That would be us!" A honey like voice shouted.

On the other side of the volleyball court stood a tall sun kissed girl. Her dark hair framing her small face. She was wearing the typical black leggings hugging her legs perfectly, showing off her natural curves, along with a loose shirt. She smiled at the others along with the rest of her team.

      "Oh my god Hyejin! I'm so excited. This game is going to be fun!" Jungkook squealed.

He ran up to hug the girl before going back to his team.

"Alright let's begin! Oh and Taehyung you're captain is pretty cute!"Bogum shouted.

       "Fuck off dude. Tell him yourself," Taehyung rolled his eyes.

Jungkook awkwardly stood in his spot, his face flustered.

The game went on. Jungkook's team was doing well but loosing by two points. And of course this caused Taehyung to be annoyed. He kept shouting. With only a few minutes left he was determined to win. They managed to score two points, now tying with the opponent. The team decided to switch positions. Jungkook right corner with Taehyung behind him, Yugyeom was center. And San was left corner with Jinyoung behind him. They served the ball and continued back and forth. Bogum bumped the ball towards Jungkook who was about to hit but he slightly missed and hit it upwards. Luckily, Taehyung jumped forward and bumped the ball hitting the floor of the opposite court. The team jumped up in victory, and as if on cue the whistle blew, signaling the end of the game.

Jungkook's team had won 30 to 29.

     "Great game guys!" Jungkook gave his teammates a high five, hesitant with Taehyung.

They all walked back into the the locker room, dripping in sweat.

  ✍︎︎ Lunch

"Taehyung! Do you mind hurrying up?" Yoongi groaned.

Said male was still grabbing his stuff from his locker.

"Alright, I'm done now, let's go," Taehyung shut his locker and walked along side his hyung.

The two walk along the halls headed towards the cafeteria.

"Are you sitting with your boyfriend or with us today?" Taehyung turned to ask Yoongi.

"Well Hobi and I decided we should all sit together," Yoongi answered.

"Hold up, what do you mean?" Taehyung stopped in front of the cafeteria doors, folowed by Yoongi.

"Well his friends and ours are going to be sitting together," Yoongi simply replied.

"All of us? Are you gonna combine like two tables or something?"

"Well we found a corner table big enough for all of us. Now come on," Yoongi walked into the cafeteria with Taehyung trailing behind him.

Yoongi led the other to the other side of the cafeteria. They finally made it to their spot greeting the others. Hoseok and his group still hadn't shown up. Taehyung sat next to the wall a gap between him and Taemin. After a few minutes Hoseok showed up with his friends walking behind him. They all introduced themselves before settling down. Hoseok sat on the corner next to Yoongi, Jimin sat beside Taemin, Yugyeom and Jungkook next to them, Jin sat inbetween Yoongi and Namjoon. They all quickly got along and talked except for Taehyung and Jungkook who were awkwardly sat next to each other.

"So Jungkook, have found your soulmate yet?" Bogum asked staring Jungkook who sat five seats away from him.

"Uh, no," Jungkook spoke timidly.

"Soo, you're single?" Bogum smirked.

"Well yeah," Jungkook looked down at his food.

"So if I asked you out you'd agree?" Bogum bit his lip, while everyone else stared awkwardly.

Jungkook was loss for words. He definitely did not see the older that way.

"He wouldn't agree because he's going out with me," Yugyeom stepped in.

He put his hand on top of Jungkooks, rubbing his thumb on his knuckles.

"Damn, almost had a chance,"Bogum groaned.

"Bogum, dude calm down it's not that serious," Taehyung spoke out, picking at his food.

That was the only time Taehyung spoke through out their lunch. He didn't understand what was going through his mind. One minute he was fine and ready to speak but teh next he just shut down. But alas he shook it off and stayed quiet.

Lunch came to end and everyone said their goodbyes and went their ways. It seemed to have gone well. Almost everyone got along.

Jungkook walked with Yugyeom to their next class, Taehyung tagged along with Yoongi and Hoseok.

✍︎︎End of School

The halls were nearly vacant, just a few crumpled papers thrown on the ground that students might have dropped on their way out of the building.  The sound of footsteps echoed. They were light and calm., belonging to Jungkook. He walked through the long halls halting in font of a large wooden door. The plaque read "Detention Room".  The small male sighed and opened the door.  

         "Just on time Mr.Jeon,"  the supervisor spoke as Jungkook stepped inside the empty classroom. 

The rom consisted of three round tables with two seats each, and a desk for the supervisor. The room was the smallest room in the school. Jungkook sat in the middle table setting his leather messanger bag on the table . He took out his assignments and began working to pass time. 

Meanwhile, Taehyung sat on the the table on the right side of the room. He was on his phone trying to find something to entertain himself with. 

      "Mr.Kim don't you have work to do?" the supervisor questioned, rasing his left eyebrow.

     "Um, no," taehyung answered not looking up.

     "Well it says here on a note Mr.Jay left , that you and Mr.Jeon need to work on your project. So both of you get to it," the supervisor noted.

Jungkook dropped his pen on the desk and gulped. Taehyung stayed at his desk for a moment, unsure of what to do.  Jungkook was nervous, it was now or never. He quickly gathered his things and slowly walked to where Taehyung was seated. He stood there for a second before taking the seat next to the larger male. Taehyung looked at the smaller and tried to speak but nothing came out. 

It was like things changed overnight. Just a day ago they were arguing and now its completely awkward. Neither could say a word. The tension was high. 

       "Um, so...we wrote the about the same topic huh," Taehyung broke the silence.

       "Uh yeah, it was quite the coincidence," Jungkook muttered.

       "So does that mean we have our topic for the portfolio?" Taehyung questioned.

       "I uh, yeah, I guess so," Jungkook pulled out his notebook.

He wrote down the topic and circled it. 

        "So we um, we have to work at home," the taller male added.

       "Yeah, I guess we could meet at mine, unless you dont want to," Jungkook looked up at Taehyung.

       "Uh no, your place is fine," Taehyung 

     "We could switch days," Jungkook suggested. 

    "That would work, um so today or?" taehyung complied.

     "Err, um not today im having someone over, how about tomorrow?" Jungkook suggested.

     "Uh yes, mine or yours?" Taehyung asked.

     "uh, yours If that's ok?" Jungkook mumbled.

    "Uh yeah thats good, um here," Taehyung grabbed Jungkooks notebook and wrote down his number. 

He returned the ravenette's notebook back and gave him a small smile. The smile confused both males. Taehyung didn't know why he smiled, he had no control over it. Jungkook just gave him a small smile in return. 

Before they knew it, detention was over. They bid their goodbyes, both still hesitant. 

They were slowly getting there.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

683 114 6
"I am supposed to be falling for Y/N! Where did you both come from?" "Have we chained you to the bed with a blindfold over your eyes? Who is stoppin...
316 0 27
"Why did you lie?" I cry as I see him standing on the stage screaming girls calling his name. Y/n found her childhood best friend but not where he s...
1K 58 15
"Y/N... do You Love me?" Jungkook asked. Yes. You thought. But that's not what came out of your mouth... How can something so strong, so sure, be so...
18.9K 1.7K 30
"Have we met before?" "Can we please not make a conversation right now? I'm kinda busy being sad." ___ When Jungkook sees a lost someone in him, Tae...