I was reborn as the Eater Of...

By I-am-Jules

Read the title. Expect Godly Deities, fantasy, battle, references, strange food choices, etc., and one really... More

Welp I'm dead. Meeting the goddess. Chapter 1
Instinct for the win... I'M A WORM!!! GODDESS WHY DID YOU DO THIS. Chapter 2
Might of the future. The records of the world chapter 3
Sorry

Skill count. I hate humanity... just not yet Chapter 4

3.1K 68 52
By I-am-Jules

Author: we deserve the hate

The only thing that I can do now is get somewhere safe and continue reading this stupid book, skill, thing and my other skills. That is all I can think to do now.
At the time I was looking for a cave to hide in even though I could just hide underground. I just didn't think to dig at the time.

First I tried to talk to the butler of Distarcania. After half a night of crawling/slithering I finally figured out how to talk to him while figuring out the general way to use the skill - ask the butler.
———————————————————————————
What do you want worm
———————————————————————————
'Insert name here': How do I use my skills
———————————————————————————
That is all you called me for you insect
———————————————————————————
'Insert name here': First off according to our goddess's book, I am a monster and not a mere bug. Second off I still need to defend myself for whatever Distarcania's plan is. Third -
———————————————————————————
Enough! The likes of you at this point in time is not all that important and should learn their place... *sigh* Besides I can only give you a rough understanding of some of your skills and not all of them

worm's vitality - is just your ability to heal. It will activate whenever you are cut but blunt force will not heal quite as fast

world eater - is just your instinct to devour anything and the source of your 'infinite stats' is this as well.

(LOCKED - #%^<£\¥ Skill #*€$@ $#@&€ €<0!}^%~+ uses remaining :8) - I can't even begin to guess this since the last world eater didn't even have anything like this so I guess it is from you being a variant and has a unique unlock condition so good luck with that.

extremely limited lesser molecular remodeling - anything that you eat you can tear apart at the atomic level and put together. You could be thought of as a god with enough knowledge of chemistry or just eat a planet whole and make any thing that you desire. Including new species. You use this by superheating you're stomach to the point of creating the 5th state of matter and controlling everything within your stomach. Imagination is your friend here.

safe eater - nothing you eat will harm you including but not limited to - acid, poison, fire, radiation, black holes, weapon, parasitic organisms, etc.

unique blessing - goddess of intellect and sin's guidebook - a collection of all the knowledge that Distarcania accumulated and only what she wants you to know is accessible unless through some act of the dreamer you surpass her which you will have access to everything in the book. Slight desire to read this will make it manifest.

skill eater - the skills of anything you eat are transferred to you but the skills will be decayed. If the prey is still alive you only steal one skill and can't take anymore even after they die. If the bite kills them results will vary. Skills can and will compile

adapter - in exchange for 75% of your current max hp, mp, and stamina you will change to survive your current circumstances easier. You need an immense desire to live no matter what to even attempt to activate this skill

form eater - your being will temporarily deform itself to bite, swallow, and digest/atomically dismantle. Will return to normal once process is done.

well that is unfortunate - brings misfortune to the user and anyone relatively nearby for the next 100 hours. Can be used repeatedly but the hours stack. The one with the most bad luck will be the user.

ask the butler - you are using this skill to communicate with me.

gluttony - no matter what you eat you will not grow fatter but you will continue to grow.

world eater collective map - instinctively know your current position and in the status menus see the territory of all world eaters including your own.

oracle - speak to the goddess and get slight insight into the future. Same activation as ask the butler only focus all thought on the goddess.

solider boy (majority of skill unusable) - grants solider level mastery over swords, shields, spears, bow and arrows, hammers, maces, morning stars, crossbows, daggers, cqc, hand to hand, halberds, lances, flails, axes, pikes, glaives, picks, clubs, bec de corbins, whips, horse back riding, coordination, etiquette, honor, entitlement, (might add more if I remember) at most you can only grapple now so enjoy that

magic maniac - increases affinity for magic types and spell coordination/combos, plus makes creating spells easier.

strategist (unusable without units to command) - needs two or more underlings with you and allows for trap making, easier commanding, good plan creation, heightened battlefield awareness, all that stuff.

bird - under normal circumstances it is useless without feathers, wings, a beak, talons, but due to adapter if you suddenly gain any of these things you immediately know how to use the adapted on part.

Almost all of your skills are capable of evolving but since almost all of them are more passive it is useless to tell you how to use them. Also the status will only show you your passive skills in other words if you gain the sword beam skill/ability then it will not be shown. Goodbye worm
———————————————————————————
:Wait but what non passives do I have then
———————————————————————————
Figure it out yourself. Besides, I have duties other than watching you for all 29 hours every day. All 4 days of the week. 137 weeks of the year.
———————————————————————————
And with the realization that this world's days are 29 hours long I decide to try and find shelter in the nearby mountains.
I finally made it there and found a cave when 2 glowing red eyes appeared
———————————————————————————
Giant nine fold worm vs nightmare twin-hound. Fight! Neither party can escape anymore till the other dies.
———————————————————————————
I dug underground to start the fight but in that moment I realized... I could have gone underground instead of looking for a cave but it is too late as I have already found one.

In the human kingdom of Omezucath. On the day our world eater emerged from underground during his blackout on the battlefield

Most likely a human general: This war with Alphirusokich has gone on for far too long. They should just give up.
Random knight 1: General a giant worm suddenly appeared on the battlefield from one of the corpses and has begun eating them as well.
General: Are you kidding me. The battle isn't over yet and alr... what do you mean appeared from a corpse?!
Knight: I mean on the left wing of the battlefront a monster evolved bursting out of one of the corpses. It then proceeded to devour anything nearby. Some of the men from both armies tried confronting it only to be struck by a rather odd version of the stone spell; rock gatling. After which it ate the stones it launched along with the now paste soldiers. It is currently rampaging along the battlefield eating everyone it encounter not caring if they are dead or not. The mercenaries have already begun retreating. Sir.
General: tell the soldiers to retreat for now and regroup. We don't need more casualties on our hands along with the enemy attack
Knight: SIR!
The knight leaves to carry out the command and then a magic heart of ceasefire starts to glow so the general takes it into his hand and energizes it with magic. An image of another general appears
General image: I'm assuming that you have heard of the unwanted pest that has interrupted our battle.
General: I have. I believe that we should stop our fight for a moment to deal with it. What say you?
Image: very well. We will drive it off
———————————————————————————
Realm of Distarcania. During blackout
Distarcania: I can't believe that universe's earth god just let me take the world serpent's soul. They're definitely regretting that now. Ian, how did you get it to die anyway.
Ian: I simply called a professional to do it. I don't believe he gave his name though, but there aren't many capable of crossing the multiverse like that.
Distarcania: damn. He would have been a good pawn if only we could catch him
Ian: I am terribly sorry for letting him leave milady.
Distarcania: how are all the world eaters doing
Ian: 74% have flung themselves into the world's core and died, 16% are still underground, 3% have been eaten by their siblings, the rest are on the surface and one has evolved into a Giant ninefold worm. He is close to the level cap.
Distarcania: already. That was too fast
Ian: well he has been eating a lot recently so when he meets the evolution condition might be a ways away.
Distarcania: this one has intelligence unlike the others so he should survive until his primal form at least. The other survivors will be good sacrifices to keep his importance hidden.
—————————————————————————
In a large town near the mountains during twin-hound fight
Girl: I'm going to the mountains to tame my first monster I'll be back in a month

Next chapter will be out faster. Sorry for the delay

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 42.9K 90
Kenta Bernard, a seventeen-year-old, died of leukemia in the hospital and was reincarnated in a novel that he has yet to finish. He is the ill second...
257K 10.1K 32
""SIT THERE AND TAKE IT LIKE A GOOD GIRL"" YOU,DIRTY,DIRTY GIRL ,I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE BOOK🌝🌚
134K 3.7K 25
Warning: 18+ ABO worldα€€α€­α€― α€‘α€α€Όα€±α€α€Άα€›α€±α€Έα€žα€¬α€Έα€‘α€¬α€Έα€•α€«α€žα€Šα€Ία‹ α€…α€­α€α€Ία€€α€°α€Έα€šα€‰α€Ί ficα€œα€±α€Έα€™α€­α€―α€· α€‘α€•α€Όα€„α€Ία€œα€±α€¬α€€α€”α€Ύα€„α€Ία€· များစွာ α€€α€½α€¬α€α€Όα€¬α€Έα€”α€­α€―α€„α€Ία€•α€«α€žα€Šα€Ία‹
63.2K 6.2K 122
A story following a young hunter named Jay. He has grown up in a world where dungeons, monsters, and humans with leveling systems are a cultural norm...