Apocalypse's Horsemen (Devil'...

Bởi me2you804

The Devil's Assistant Series (Book 3) After surviving another near death experience, Savannah and her compan... Xem Thêm

Apocalypse's Horsemen
Apocalypse's Horsemen [2]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [3]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [4]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [5]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [6]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [7]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [8]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [9]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [10]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [11]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [12]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [13]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [14]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [15]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [16]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [17]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [18]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [19]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [20]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [21]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [22]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [23]
Apocalypse's Horseman [24]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [25]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [26]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [27]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [28]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [29]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [30]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [31]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [32]
Apocalypse's Horsemen [33]
The Devil's Assistant Series Book List

Apocalypse's Horsemen [34] Epilogue

4.8K 326 73
Bởi me2you804

Epilogue

Not even twenty four hours had been allowed to pass before we were summoned from our rooms.

Putting my feet into a comfy flat ballet pumps, I lifted my head to meet Lucius’ gaze. He smiled at me and I felt the brief warmth of his touch in my mind before he retreated behind his mask. We had danced around one another. There was much to be discussed between us but I still was not sure how we would even go about that. We had been destined for one another. It made both of us reluctant to follow that path, to step onto the stones that had been laid out before us.

“Are you ready for this?”

He shook his head and rubbed at his blood shot eyes. It was clear to see that he was not at his best yet. He had not slept. He tried to say that he was not tired but I knew that he feared falling back into the healing angel sleep.

As he stepped in beside me, I twined my fingers with his in a silent offer of comfort. He squeezed my fingers but did not take them away. We made our way through the palace with our heads held high. Members of the staff stood along the walls and bowed their heads in respect as Lucius and I passed. I knew that they weren’t really bowing at me but it still felt strange to be next to a person that was revered so much.

Lucius gave no outward sign that he had noted the gesture of respect other than a small twitch of his fingers. In his black designer cut suit and red shirt, he was a sight to behold. He certainly captured my attention. He had a way of making me feel severely underdressed next to him.

We arrived at the throne room to hoard of angels, demons, gods and demigods. Everyone had gathered together for this day. They parted before us, heads bowed in respect. I tried to loosen my grip from Lucius, to allow him to proceed on his own so that I could join the crowd but he shook his head.

“They are here for you too.” He murmured, his lips barely moving as he spoke.

We arrived at the  front. Hades was already sat pride of place in a throne of black crystal. Inside the crystal the first of the underworld burned. The crystal flickered and glowed with the inner fires. To his left was a new addition, a smaller black crystal throne. The space was filled by a small petite woman who was perched upon the very edge of the seat as if she may flee at any moment. Her skin was olive toned and dark black blue hair curled around her face in a crazy beautiful halo. Her eyes were extraordinary. They were jade green but as she stared up at me, I could swear that just for a moment when she met my gaze her eyes had become that of a cat.

Hades stretched down his hand and placed a hand on her cheek, so large in comparison to her small and fragile looking form. She was the complete opposite to Hades in every way. And yet, it was clear to see, that this woman had captured the eye of the God.

“Who is that?”

Lucius squeezed my hand as he led me to the thrones to the right.

“That is Hades wife-to-be.”

My mouth dropped open and I was sure that I would have been catching flies had Lucius not placed a finger under my chin and forcibly closed my trap.  

The throne to Hades’ right was made of white crystal and purple hellfire flicked within. Lucius stepped past this to a smaller white crystal throne and, before I could mutter a protest, deposited me in the strangely warm seat. He took his seat beside me and held out his hand to me. I gulped, looked out over the crowd and then back up at him.

This meant something. The knots in my stomach and the expectant look on his face told me that this was far more than just taking a seat. It was significant. With a tremor I placed my much smaller hand in his and tried not the feel the nerves flying around in my stomach.

I turned my gaze back to the gathered crowd.  Due to the height of the thrones and the raised platform they were placed upon I found myself looking down over Angels and Demons alike.

“Thank you all for coming.” Hades started, slipped from his thrown so that he could address those gathered. “We want to thank you all for gathering here today. The Horseman have now been placed into the deepest part of the Minotaur’s Prison and I want to thank you all for your co-operation in securing the horsemen. To show our thanks, I want you all to dine with us tonight in celebration.”

He looked down at the woman at his side.

“I also want you to bear witness today that I Hades of the Elysium Fields do declare Nicolette as my intended. We ask that you honour us both by blessing our union.”

The crowd was silent for a few moments before the room erupted in exited chatter. I smiled and looked towards Hades but he was too consumed with his future bride. It was a heart-warming sight.   

“How long do I stay here Lucius?” I asked absently, watching the variety of beings before me at they talked amongst themselves.

“The rest of your life.” He replied blandly.

I turned my head and arched a brow.

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“It means that you are mine and I am yours. You will be by my side and I’ll be by yours.”

It was so matter of fact, the man didn’t even know what he was  doing to me. I opened and closed my mouth several times before forcing it shut so that my teeth clicked together.

“Is that meant to be a proposal?”

Lucius blue eyes glittered with mirth.

“No, that was fact.”

I rolled my eyes nad turned away, my heart still beating erratically in my chest.

We were sat there at the head of the room for another twenty minutes before the group dispersed to get ready for the celebration dinner. I rubbed my bum as I stood up, avoiding Lucius gaze as climbed down from the platform and walked to the back of the room.

Binah stood hunched in the corner, her eyes falling to the floor when she noticed my approach. Her face was pinched and she still appeared to be suffering the ill-effects from betraying her family. Once at her side, I placed her hand and placed it on her shoulder in a weak offer of comfort.

“How are you doing Binah?”

The horseman lifted her head, her gaze moving past me to look at Lucius. She shuddered and dropped her gaze.

“Fine.”

I rolled my eyes.

“You are not fine.”

Her body slumped under my head, defeat oozing from her very being.

“No I’m not.”

“He will speak to you soon Binah, he just needs time.” I offered softly but words did not offer any solace to the woman.

She lifted her head and let me see her bloodshot gaze. I could see the weariness that lingered within, the soul deep tiredness that was draining her of everything she was.

“I know that he has already forgiven me Savannah, he is just trying to punish me. Can you come with me? I need to discuss something with you.”

With a nod of my head, I glanced over my shoulder one last time before following her from the room.

The staff had now gone back to making themselves invisible. I was sure that there were a few around but I could not see a single one of them.

“What did you need to speak to me about?”

Binah ran a hand through her hair but refused to meet my gaze.

“I have lived a long time Savannah. Some would say too long.” She sighed and lifted her gaze to the ceiling. “I have watched civilisations come and go. Finally I have a chance to live without worry about my kin. You have given me that.”

For the first time that day, Binah offered me a smile and it was genuine. I could see that despite her weariness, the weight had been removed from her shoulders.

“I want to ask you to keep my request from Lucius a secret. If you don’t want to help that is fine but I need your word that you will not tell Lucius about this.” The look she gave me was bordering on desperation, her eyes wide and pleading while her hands were clasped before her. I did the only thing that I could in that moment.  

“I promise.”

Binah’s shoulders slumped and she released her breath in a puff. She staggered over to the wall and allowed her body to slide down until she was seated on the floor. I sat down before her and put my head on her shoulder. We sat in amiable silence for a long while before I couldn’t take the suspense any longer.

“What do you need from me?”

Binah took a long while in replying. I thought for a moment that she had gone into one of her visions and was no longer there to listen to me. And then she spoke.

“I am tired Savannah, so tired. I do not make this decision lightly but this is what I want. It is want I have wanted for ever and an age. My kin are locked away and the world is safe from their touch. I am finally free of obligation for Lucius has found you.”

“Binah,” I prompted, cutting off her spiel. Her lips twitched.

“I want you to help me.” She took a deep breath and stared deep into my eyes allowing me to see the truth behind her next words.

 If I had known what those words were going to be, I might have run for the hills rather than face the reality that the words would cause. But I didn’t. I took her hand and stared right back at her even as dread welled within my stomach.

“I want you to help me die.”

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

2.5K 114 30
*Heavily under editing* Earth is no longer the same place it used to be, instead the world is filled with chaos and beings that were said to only be...
2.3M 57.1K 35
Single mother Savannah thinks all of her prayers have been answered when she is offered a job at one of the largest media companies in the world. Des...
47 3 33
"I thought I was finally free of being hunted once and for all, but I never thought everything that I had been through would all come down to him," A...
40 1 25
The third book in the Amnesia Series, following a family on their quest to eradicate newly formed hybrids bringing about the beginning of the apocaly...