Elusive: (l.h.)

By EmRose__

"As Phycology said, always go with the choice that scares you the most, because that's the one that is going... More

❀ Chapter 2 ❀
❀ Chapter 3 ❀
❀ Chapter 4 ❀
❀ Chapter 5 ❀
❀ Chapter 6 ❀
❀ Chapter 7 ❀
❀ Chapter 8 ❀
❀ Chapter 9 ❀
Letter To My Readers
❀ Chapter 10 ❀

❀ Chapter 1 ❀

210 5 4
By EmRose__

Mackenzie's POV

I sat in my last hour class: Algebra. Which I hated. I never liked math I don't really think I know of anyone who likes math. The only reason I semi liked it is because my uncle taught it, he was kind of easy going with me unless I got on his nerves. The announcements came on and to my joy the student council president Valerie Holman (sounds like almond without the d) came on.

"Hello everyone! On behalf of the student council, I'm happy to announce that we have raised enough money to have each of the band/singer you guys chose to play at concert in the park next Friday! Now, the band that the girls chose is: our very own hometown band, 5 Seconds of Summer! And the boys choice: Fall Out Boy!"

I felt a Tap on my shoulder I turned around to face Skyler who sat behind me. (attached pic at top; Skyler on right, Meghan on Left; Skyler and Meghan are semi-identical twins.)

"its about time they book some good music." Skyler said,

"I would say that I agree but i'm assuming your talking about that 5 Seconds band not Fall Out Boy like I am." She smiled at me proving my thought correct

The announcements ended and I got ready for the bell to ring when it finally did I got out of my seat and waited at the door for Skyler.

"You take forever." I said.

"Hey, I'm sorry my papers fall out."

"All the time?"

"Yep all the time." We were about to walk out when my teacher stopped us.

"Mackenzie." I turned around.

"Yes Uncle Bryan?"

"I signed you up for volunteering. To help set up the stage and help out with the guests when they arrive. Also as long as you are in school please call me Mr. Wilson."

"But-"

"Mackenzie your record shows that you have not done anything to help out you school since 7th grade. You are a Junior, this summer you will have to start looking at colleges they like to see volunteers and people who help out the community. I'm actually doing you a favor by keeping this between you and me, if I told your dad where you are at no doubt he would freak but I guess it's up to you. Either volunteer or you might have to take summer school this year."

"Fine."

"Fine what?"

"I'll do the volunteering"

"Remember, If you do not show up to help out you will be marked as truent."

"I understand Mr. Wilson." I huffed as we exited.

"Wow, perks of being the niece of a teacher."

"More like nightmare. I mean I like my uncle and all but the problem with him being my dad's brother is that he can basically sign me up for stuff because he already always has my dad's permission. The worst thing is that he's the math teacher."

"Oh Com'n. Sometimes I'd love to have one of my family members be a teacher."

"At first it was fun because it was the first teacher that actually understands me, but then as usual my dad had to get involved and tell him that he can't go easy on me because i'm his niece. So now i'm stuck with a normal teacher again. I mean fun times never last, that's why you shouldn't get attached to things."

We reached my locker as I twisted my lock for the com before I unlocked the lock and opened my locker.

"But the reason to get attached and feel that heart aching pain or sadness is a point of life. That's one of the things that everyone experiences, its part of living without boundaries for a little bit and letting loose."

I put my books away and things i needed in my backpack as I we continued the conversation, I shut and re-locked my locker as we continued to talk while walking to Skyler's locker.

"That's also why so many people fall into depression and other things because they don't want to experience that pain again if anything never at all."

"Sometimes i don't understand how you come up with these like philosophical phrases." I took in her sentence as I decided to switch the topic.

"Hey. If I were to be "sick" next Friday there's no way I could be truent. Because if I was called in sick-"

"No Mackenzie."

"What? Don't be a buzz kill to my plan."

"Mackenzie. If you've forgotten your uncle is keeping watch on you. Besides I'm pretty sure your uncle knows all of your plans by now."

"It wouldn't take much to actually be sick"

"Mackenzie, No."

"Fine." I huffed. "You always ruin my fun."

"Mack, I'm just lookin out for you. Look, i'm helping out to. Afterwards we can go get ice cream and go to the mall. You can even come over and spend the night if you want."

"I'll take up on that offer." I smiled.

After we put our books away in our lockers we headed to the buses. We climbed up the three steps and headed towards the back. We sat down in the third to last seat I took the window as usual it never mattered though because we got off at the same stop. I guess I just liked the window because it meant less interaction with people.

I put my headphones in and leaned my head against the window as usual. When we reached our stop, Skyler tapped my shoulder. I got up and we got off he bus. We waited for it to pull away since we has to cross the street where it let's is off.

"Hey where's Meghan?" I asked.

"Oh, she's at art club today."

"Oh shit.. that was today I totally forgot about that! You made me forget because I was too focused on talking about my uncle and other things."

"Relax, you don't need art club anyways. You're talented enough without it."

"I know, but still.. it gives me chances for extra practice. There's always room for improvement you know."

"Mackenzie eventually you are gonna ware yourself out before you start applying for colleges."

"I'll never ware myself out. Art is my life, I mean i'm constantly surrounded by different kinds of it."

"I was hoping you'd say something like that. You know i have a feeling that someday you'll be famous for Art, if not a motivational speaker." she laughed.

"Oh yeah, I can practically imagine myself standing on a stage talking about personal achievement and self motivation." I laughed along with her.

We separated as her house came up first, I continued walking for what seemed like ages before I finally reached my house.

I walked in the door and entered my own personal art sanctuary. Every wall in my house had at least one piece of artwork hanging on it, if it wasn't mine then it was one of the worlds best artists.

"Ugh, your home. It's a lot better during the day when your not here." My brother Dylan laughed in a jokingly way said as he came out of the kitchen.

"Nice to see you too Dylan."

"Oh com'n. You aren't gonna fire back with something funny?"

"Nah. I've gotta start planning out stuff for my next project."

"Mack, seriously you are constantly working on numerous art projects and stuff. I mean not saying its bad but, once and a while its ok to take a break for a day or two and let your mind relax."

"As long as the clock still works, then so do I." I said heading for the stairs. I reached my room throwing my backpack on the floor and kicking my shoes off in the direction of my closet. I looked around at my art pieces, and the ones i had gotten district awards for. I collapsed onto my bed, turning on my side to look out the window. I heard my phone go off and i sat up cross-legged grabbing my phone from my pocket. I pressed the green button on my phone to be greeted with a scream.

"Calm the hell down before i end up deaf by the end of this call."

"I'm sorry!"

"Which one is this? I didn't look at caller ID" I said. Which was true the only way I knew it was one of the twins was the voice, they always sounded the same on the phone

"It's Skyler. OMG look on Twitter!! CALUM TWEETED ME BACK AND FRICKEN FOLLOWED ME HE FOLLOWED ME DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND HOW HAPPY I AM!!!" She screamed.

"Oh trust me. I can hear."

"Next Friday is going to be the best day of my like so far."

"Your going to screenshot the tweet, print it out and show it to him aren't you?"

"How'd you know?" She said pretending to be sad.

"For one, it's you."

"True. But then he will love me and then we can get married and then-"

"Ok, ok.. Stop right there, do not go any further. I really think I don't need any detail about your love life that you are planning basically against someone's will."

"So."

"Skyler, you know those people on TV who get arrested, have restraining orders put on them by famous people and end up in a mental hospital?"

"Yea.."

"You're going to grow up to be one of those people."

"Aw thanks that means a lot." She said sarcastically.

"How do you stand me?"

"I don't know.. The question is how do I stand your family."

"Easy, you don't. That's why you never come in my house and if you do it has to be when nobody else is home but me or if you can make an easy escape within 10 seconds. Unless Dylan is with sight because then you turn into some girl who suddenly loves my family."

"You know me so well."

"I know both of you so well it hurts my brain to keep thinking who has which traits."

"It's your fault for being friends with twins."

"It's your parents fault for having twins."

"You sound like my brother."

"That's a start to getting closer to your brother is saying stuff like him and acting like him."

I made a gag noise, "ugh, please don't. I don't want to see one of my best friends turn into my brother because of a crush. its already weird enough with you having a crush on him."

"Hey, its not my fault puberty made him hot," she laughed.

"Please stop saying that stuff about him. Its so weird hearing it."

"Good. I like having something that makes you uncomfortable."

"yea, well i don't. I like being rather comfortable in my mind."

"Ughhh I gotta go. It's my turn to make dinner, If i don't then my mom wont let me go to the concert."

"Alright, Bye Sky." I laughed.

"See you later Ms.mini Mozart."

"Mozart was a composer not an artist, Sky." I laughed.

"Well once I find a famous artist ill start calling you that. See ya later Mack." she said hanging up.

For a girl in AP History and who had a whole chapter on famous composers, artists, politicians, world and civil right activists and leaders. I found it funny how she still didn't know who famous composers or artists were. Every time she heard me mention historic names she just always thought they were artists.

{Date of estimated 1st Publication: 11/15/14}

*Comment, (love reading and respond to them:)

* if you like this Chapter please consider giving it a vote by clicking the little star above (website) or below (mobile) the chapter. :)

*Follow me (for updates and such if ya want and a new friend) (cuz who doesn't like new friends 😉😋😊), and Share my story if you like it (someone else might like it too!!)

-xx Emma <3

Dont be afraid to message me or comment if you have any questions!

*word count: 2331*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 66 22
"He says he's coming after you" You'll be lucky if he leaves you alone Not Edited © Copyright 2014 | deansdestiny
237K 3.8K 69
• title pretty much explains it • © : copyright 2017 | @jetblakcal • cover by 5SOSx1DxSM •
27K 680 28
"i'm looking through you while you're looking through your phone, and then leaving with somebody else." It didn't matter what time it was. Every time...
7.3M 21.3K 20
5sos preferences. caution: may cause major feels