Darkest Hours (MGL series Boo...

By MedievalTomboy

What a Witch decides, she achieves. A place of bloody sacrifices, with magic good and bad. A place of dark my... More

Things to Know
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue

Chapter 21

530 60 3
By MedievalTomboy

Alder Emor roared in aggravation as he felt yet another pain of loosing one of his best soldiers that he made.

No it can't be. It can't be.

He did not understand who was responsible for all the mishaps happening with him. He could not figure out who it was that was going against him and leaving no stone unturned to get him entirely vulnerable.

A cloud of mayhem took over his features as he carried the pelt of the young human boy he killed, inside the Witch's cave and placed it on the large log that was next to her writing table.

Alder can still feel the loss by the fresh pain still stinging in his heart.

Keya...

What had ever happen to the elf that she lost her ability?

He has to do something to stop it. He has to stop those who are against him. His unknown foes are now gradually taking over his army of power and ability that he made himself.

He shall not keep still and shall do whatever it takes to get back what he lost. He was cornered undoubtedly but there has to be a way, even a small way to get better from his situation.

It was not just the loss of Keya's strength but he was also feeling the loss of something of very importance as if a protective guard was taken away from him.

Alder glanced around the small cabin of the young witch and found it vacant. He was presuming her to walk in her usual graceful manner and look at what he got for her but when he found the cave empty, he was disappointed.

He was about to shout out her name when a scroll of red satin hanged itself in air before him. The scroll of missive was long and bright allowing Alder to read it even in the darkness of the cave.

'My Lord, pardon me for going on a small trip unannounced. It was a matter of importance. However, I stand by on my words and I shall keep my promise of guiding you to the Witch Orla. Place what I have asked for on the pattern of star and moon I made near the fire place and you shall be given what you asked for.'

The missive said and Alder without a wait noticed the small place near the fireplace was adorned with patterns to perform magic. There was a star in the middle made with the dirt from the graveyard perhaps.

Alder being well aware of most of the patterns of for the rites and ingredients used for performing magic, he got the sack of pelt he acquired and placed it cautiously in the middle of the star.

Seeing a bowl of crow ash next to it, Alder sprinkled the powder on the sack and waited for the sack to disappear.

As the star and the skull design got on fire, the sack burned and swallowed into the ground. The fire slowly died down when the sack has disappeared and before the fire was fully died, the scroll of red satin appeared from dying fire.

Standing on his tips, he got hold of scroll and opened it to see that the young witch has kept her word by providing him with the whereabouts of his run away spouse.

With a new resolution, he walked out of the cave and soon found his carriage. He ordered the driver take him to his secret place.

The carriage came to a halt when the sun has set and the moon was shining to its greatness. As Alder got down from the carriage, he took a deep sigh as he sized the old building covered by the large lush trees from all the sides.

He was attempting for the meet from past several days but with the pace his foes were attacking him, he need to get his act together. He was being far too mournful about what he had lost to be able to get his everything together to seize what he could get.

Though his powers and his magic was gone almost completely, he still has an army of his own, people who would do anything for him so getting back what he lost may not take far good time.

He dragged his heavy legs inside the building with a new found confidence. The large heavy doors in front of him were opened by the guards and as he entered in, a series of welcomes were heard.

Alder heaved and put on a prideful smile as he glanced around the room. He nodded and walked to the seating arrangement and took the head of the table followed by others to take their seats.

"Alder" A mid age man rasped with puzzlement gaining everyone's attention. "What have to come to? Is it right to assume you look weak and exhausted?" The man asked with concern etched on his face.

Alder eyes dilated as the anger took over but nodded curtly nonetheless. "Living, aye. I summoned you all for a purpose of importance." Alder spoke commandingly as he trailed his eyes to the mid age man who spoke previously.

"As the Lord of the living dead mentioned, I am indeed exhausted as I was stripped off from my sorcery and powers by my unknown foes that have been sweating to take me down by any possible way." The members of the meeting gasped at the revelation as they considered Alder with evitable concern etched on their faces.

Alder took in their shock at his revelation and studied the faces of all the ten important members who attended.

The Lord of living dead was a close ally of Alder's in his mission. He has proved to be a valuable source to him to achieve his motives and Alder trusts the man.

The second person who was included in the meet was the Queen of crows. She was a dark person with deviousness in every inch of her body. She was promised a high rank after his motive was achieved and since then, she has been helping him relentlessly.

Then there was a Goblin Lord whom Alder meet few years ago and saved his life in return for his assistance and alliance.

A Bakru tribe who are half flesh and half wood are those who does the dirty job for Alder when he entered into a pact with them that he shall provide the tribe with a significant territory and leadership to them. The leader of the tribe is a great count to his allies as the tribe does everything for him in return for a good benefit.

Then there was Barghests, the demonic dogs and dwarfs tribes have pledged their union with him on their own accord with a purpose to reach high rank.

The others who were in meet are those whom he made with his power. They are his army who are under his mercy and shall lay their lives down for him.

Keya was one of them but she was now of no use as she was stripped off from her abilities.

"I am perplexed to know that you are not aware of your enemy who is after you." The Queen of crows mumbled thoughtfully before looking around the other members to see them nod at her. "Are you suspicious of anybody?"

Alder pondered on her question as he reeled back to see who might it be. He had his suspicion on his dear wife Orla although he did know she has no purpose for her destroy him. She did leave him and their son and daughter back years ago but if she has her suspicion on his nature, then she wouldn't have had left the children with him.

He had done far many sins to pin down to a single source of enmity.

There was something very wrong with the whole scenario though. Whoever the person was, they're killing him slowly by ending the power inside him.

Clever. Very clever!

"I ask for your assistance in this matter. I ask for all of you to assist me find the enemy who is after us. They are taking down us one after one cleverly. First, it was I who lost my strength, and then it is Keya. Their next aim shall be one of you." Alder's voice held worry and authority all at the same time.

The members had come to know about Keya just that morning and seeing how Alder was getting troubled, they understood depths of the issue.

"I intend to send my tribe to inquire on the issue." The chief of Bakru tride spoke after moments of thoughtful silence.

While everyone nodded their heads in agreement, Alder shook his head as his eyes glistered.

"Nah, I ask you to find Orla. I acquired her whereabouts and I ask of you to find her and bring her to our meeting. She is what we need now. She shall help us with discovering this enemy we made." The chief nodded his head positively with a groan of agreement.

"What of your son? You shall be mighty than ever if you shall end your son's life and get all of his powers." Goblin Lord posed as he leaned forward on the table with an intense glance towards Alder.

"Not now. He is the last piece of my board and I shall use him as my last card. Having him on my side is much more important than killing him seeing as we are seeking Orla's help."

Alder stood up from his chair with a strong resolution in his mind. He shall find Orla by any means and once she was found, there was no way someone could hurt him.

After all his dear wife loved him and if the love was still there, she shall help him in any way possible.

Orla was the best card he could use and she is the only other person who can take him to his purpose other than Lucius and the young witch Madonna.

All he has to do is move his chess pieces cleverly!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next chapter is here. Enjoy!

What do you think about the chapter? Interesting?

What do you think is Alder's goal?

Why is he associated with such dangerous people?

What does he mean when he said he made those soldiers?

Alder is trusting Orla. How smart it is of him?

He is ready to kill his own son for powers. Is there a reason behind it?

Whom do you think shall win the war?

Please shower me with votes and comments.

Share my books with your friends.

Lots of Love

Lady Prim

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 842 67
A violent passion. A dangerous bond. A nightmare that will change everything. To Ava, love is about as real as fairytales. But it might be that fairy...
36 11 5
A tale of darkness unfolds, whispered through the ages in hushed tones and guarded secrets. Within its crumbling halls lie the echoes of a cursed lin...
126 20 10
Untold truths that must not be told. Over the centuries he had kept the truth away from her. For her safety and peace. He would choose her peace ove...
1.7K 510 39
Highest rank #73 in fantasy #18 in voodoo #79 in Philosophy There are times when everything around fades and the voice of the past starts dominatin...