Wherever he goes, fire follow...

By thomasodoherty

Have you ever thought about selling your soul to the devil to have all you ever dreamed of? Well, I did. But... More

"What do you want for your soul?"
"The Devil's virgin and chaste"
"Have you ever danced with the Devil?"
"I made a deal."
"We'll find something good inside you."
"I think I found something good about me."
"The Devil made a decision."
"Used to him."
"He has a weakness."
"That's my promise to you, Thomas."
"Share a kiss with me."
"Don't play with the Devil if you don't like Hell."
"She doesn't want to die, but here she is."
"I knew this day would come."
"Forever and ever?"
Epilogue.
Thank you!
Other stories.

"Nice to meet ya', I'm the Devil."

2.8K 40 9
By thomasodoherty

"Have you spoken with Richard?" she asked.

I turned around to look at her as I felt my eyebrows coming together in an expression of annoyance. "Do I look as I have?" I replied.

She rolled her eyes. "Abstinence. Am I right?" she said as she continued to type something in the computer.

Maddison Bowen, she's one of those types of friends who are hard to find. We've been living together for two years now. We met in university and we've been inseparable since then. Now we both got a job at New's Corporation and we couldn't lose it.

We have to finish some paperwork for Richard and we still haven't finished. I believe I'm smoking my fifth cigarette. The nicotine helps me to calm down a bit.

"Could you please bring your fine ass over here and help me with this?" she groaned.

I looked at her again and I threw my cigarette into a bucket filled with water that we had in the balcony. I stood up and I sat in a chair next to her, staring at the computer screen, analyzing everything.

"The final customer's data is wrong," I said.

She sighed, frustrated. "Can you fix it? I'm so done with this," she said as she stood up and walked to the balcony to take a sit right where I was a few seconds ago.

I analyzed the numbers once again and started working it out mentally.

Why do I have to go through all of this? I'm a successful woman at a young age who has everything to have a big name in this life. How is a man who is not able to do any of this running a company? Why should I do it for him?

I reached my limit. I'm stressed. It's been almost twenty four weeks without sex. Basic and really necessary to life. It's capable of killing the most intense headaches. And I don't have it.

"Finished," I announced.

Maddison came back and sat next to me, analyzing everything on the screen.

"Thanks God, Chloe."

Chloe. Chloe Bonnett. I'm an independent, sociable, a bit stubborn, cheeky, and quite a sensual twenty four year old woman. And not to be egotistical or something, but I'm also a woman who deserves better. Better than this. Better than New's Company. Better than Richard.

And in that moment, something crossed my mind. I could do something for myself, something to change my actual situation. I could sell my soul to the devil in order to have all I ever dreamed of. Even though I don't exactly know what I would ask for my soul, it sounds inviting. A bit stupid and impossible, but inviting.

"Maddie?" I called.

"What?" she asked from the kitchen, she was making herself a sandwich.

I smiled playfully.

"What would happen if I sell my soul to the devil?" I asked, trying to sound as innocent as possible.

She freaked out and held her rosary tight as she turned around to see me. I should tell you that she's extremely religious and she takes this stuff very seriously. It truly flips her out and she's capable of praying the rosary at least three times in a row. And I, of course, enjoy annoying her.

"Take that back immediately, Chloe!" she almost yelled.

"What's so wrong with it?" I asked amused.

"You know what I think about it! I'd rather have Bloody Mary right in front of me than the Lucifer," she said.

I tried not to laugh. I stood up and walked to the kitchen as well.

"Well, you know, I could consider it. I sell my soul to the devil for... I exactly don't know what for yet," I said thoughtfully.

"Shut up! Stop talking!" she screamed.

"Oh, Maddie, for God's sake! What could happen? What would he do? Would he appear to me in an alley in the middle of the night or something?" I said almost laughing.

She shook her head from side to side. "Never underestimate what you don't know, Chloe. Never," she said, and she went to the living room, leaving me alone.

I just nodded my head and laughed as quietly as I could.

"How exaggerated," I said.

Tonight was a long time. Living in Los Angeles is not recommended for anyone who suffers heart attacks, asthma attacks, or any kind of attack. It's quite a noisy city, and therefore, a bit dangerous.

We live on the 87th street, between the 60th and the 62nd, in a pretty nice apartment, which is, suddenly, becoming a bit smaller for the two of us.

I woke up because of the sound of the train that passes every day at the same time, not really far from the building, making the windows shake, the dogs bark, and causing the neighborhood to wake up. It's almost an alarm clock at this point.

I got up and took a shower. When I was dressing up, Maddison came to check on me, ready to start the day. A couple of minutes later we were on our way to work, walking down the crowded streets of Los Angeles.

"See you in the office," she said as she crossed the street and walked into New's Corporation's building.

I, on the other hand, walked a few more blocks to the nearest Starbucks. I needed coffee to start the day. It took me a couple of minutes to realize that suddenly, the streets were almost deserted. I could perfectly hear my high heels at every step I made. Where did everyone go? I could feel my heart racing when I realized someone was following me. But as soon as I turned around, there was no one behind me.

I kept walking, a but faster now. I could feel someone else's steps, but I couldn't see them. Whatever this is, it's bad. I turned right in the next alley, I think this way I'll get to Starbucks faster.

I almost lose my breath when I feel the presence of someone else. Someone was there with me. I turned around and there was no one behind me, not even a single soul. I turned around again and crashed against someone. Someone who's chest seemed to be as hard as a wall.

"For God's sake!" I almost screamed, quite terrified.

"Why does everyone have to name him?" he questioned.

He was wearing a black suit, black shirt and black shoes. And his hair was black too. Short and a bit messy. The man I had in front of me look like a God. His blue eyes were, what can I say? Hypnotizing, impressive, deep. And his body... Even if he was wearing a suit, you could see he was pure muscles.

"Who are you?" I said, once I was done with staring at him.

"Hello, duckling. A little bird told me that you've been cursing my name," he said with a big wide grin plastered across his face.

I felt fire burning under skin. It was hot in that alley, and even more with him there.

"What?" I asked absolutely confused.

"Nice to meet ya', I'm the Devil."

"And I'm late to work." I excused myself.

I need to get out of here. I'm all alone in an alley a lunatic preaching to be the Devil. So I turned around and walked away. Forget the coffee, I'm going back to the office. As soon as I got out of the alley, the streets were crowded again. I stopped dead.

"How-"

"I'm late as well," he said, standing next to me. "Richard will get really mad if I'm late work on my first day."

"What?" I asked. Shocked.

"Oh, no, duckling. Don't say 'what' or I won't be able to control myself," he said. And it seems like he means it.

I need to get away from him. This man is a weirdo. Yes, he might be hot, but he's a weirdo . I shook my head and began walking again. I needed to escape, run away and scream. But before I could do any of that, we had to stop. The traffic light was green.

"What's your name?" I asked.

Right when I looked at him, he looked at the traffic light and it changed to red.

"I hate waiting for the light to change," he said without even looking at me.

That definitely wasn't a coincidence.

"I don't even know why I'm walking to work with you," I said. And I really hope my voice didn't shake.

I walked faster and, after a few minutes, he wasn't at sight anymore. Luckily. I must have left him behind. God, that man was weird!

I finally got to the office and I checked my phone when I took to the lift to get to the last floor. I was late. And without coffee. Shit!

"You're late, Bonnett!" scolded Maddison, turning around to see me.

I was just walking into our office.

"Richard's waiting for us in his office. He wants to introduce the new Head of Administration to us. Where were you?!" she talked fast as she pulled me out of our office to go to Richard's one.

"I had a mishap," that was all I could say.

The smell of smoke and hamburgers was the first thing to greet us when we walked into Richard's office, and it was disgusting. When we were standing in front of his desk, he gave us a furious glance, and then, he pointed at a man standing behind him, looking through the window. We looked at him, and when he turned around, my heart stopped. He raised an eyebrow and gave me a wink.

"He's the new Head of Administration," said Richard from his seat. "Please welcome Mr. Thomas Doherty."

"Good morning," he said with a smile.

How? No, no. This is not possible. This must be some kind of sick joke.

"Good morning, I'm Maddison Bowen," said Maddie, introducing herself.

I was still staring at him, that's all I could do. Maddison looked at me and whispered, "Say 'I'm Chloe Bonnett', c'mon!"

"I'm Chloe Bonnett," I said, almost inaudible.

He smiled and he looked at Richard. "Well, Rich, I have to check some papers," he said, and then he walked out of the office.

I could feel that strange heat again when he walked past me. What's going in?

"Are you okay? You are pale," said Maddison, she looked concerned.

"Yes, yes," I mumbled.

We left the office and I immediately looked around, hoping to find him, but I couldn't see him. I need a logical explanation for all of this. Before I started to look for his office, I went to mine. I left my handbag and my coat on the rack. I walked towards my desk chair but it turned around out of a sudden. The man I was looking for was now in front of me.

I've just decided he's not weird but scary. Very scary.

"Hello, duckling," he said.

My heart dropped.

"How the fuck did you do that?" I asked.

He smiled. And yes, that was sexy.

"I already told you. I'm the Devil," he said.

Suddenly I got brave. I shook my head and I got close to him, face to face. I looked at him in the eyes.

"Don't play with me, it's no longer more funny," I warned him, pointing at him with my finger.

He raised his eyebrows and he looked at my finger and then at me again. He slowly opened his mouth and bit the tip of my finger. I melted.

"Mmm, you're evil. I'm terrified," he said. He was tempting me. One move and we would be kissing.

"Bloody hell!" Richard screamed loud enough for the whole floor to hear it.

Thomas looked at the door, "He shouldn't say that," he said, shaking his head. "They'll get mad down there, they don't like it," he looked at me again.

"Screw the devil!" Richard kept on shouting.

"Ouch, that one hurts," he snapped his fingers, I looked at him confused. "Now he's going to screw his pants," he said, smiling.

Maddison came into the office, disgusted. "Sorry to interrupt, but that was disgusting! Richard shitted himself!" she said, shaking her head, probably trying to erase that from her memory.

I looked at the man sitting in front of me and I felt my jaw drop. I have no choice but to believe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 416 24
What would you do if you had to marry Satan? *** Sold by her Satanist father, Lisa finds herself bound to the worst of demons from one day to the nex...
1.2K 855 49
I'm Xirasti a pure demon that lives in hell. When I was a child on accident I found an angel trapped in the bottom of a cavern. From the first moment...
4.8K 150 17
Y/N, the sinner who sold their soul to Lucifer, the King of Hell. Heh, the only reason Y/N sold their soul was because they needed a job-but they did...
284K 13.4K 42
*Highest ranking no#1 in Lucifer and 9th in Angels, as well as no#9 in hell* What happens when you are a shy, self-conscious, quiet, depressed and lo...