Remember Me (sequel of Should...

By Mulelacynthia

Do dead people come back to life? And if yes, do they come back with new family? And what happens when they r... More

prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
Chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
epilogue
Sins Of The Past

chapter 12

2.5K 132 54
By Mulelacynthia

Dedicated to @WordWanderention a user

Chris pulled the car at the furthest parking lot and walked out to his son's class room. It's been a month since he transfered the boy to the new school and he liked the school so far. It's wasn't like the previous one that Prince was in. This was way much better in every aspect.

They valued studies as much as they valued academics and he was sure that his son will come out as a winner in bother academy studies and talent. Yes, he had a talent like his father. Prince could sing and Chris helped him when he got free time most on Saturday's and Sunday. While the school helped him through out the week.

Chris took a right turn and headed to music classes. Today was on Friday and that was his son's last lesson for the day. Once he got there, the class was just getting finished and he allowed his son to collect his belongings as he talked to the music teacher. According to the teacher, the kid was doing amazing and his playing of piano was even much better for the kid his age.

Chris smiled and thought of how much Maya would have been proud if she heard this. She loved to play piano especially when she had an operation the next day and it was as risk as it came. And as he smiled, he remembered the first time he found her playing it. She was crying but back then he didn't care about her feels. He didn't give a damn about how her day was and why she was crying.

All he saw was her playing her chess game wisely. Her making his mom not talk with him because of what he had done on his honeymoon. He saw her make Wesley for the first time get mad at him because he didn't value her and that time his blood was boiling inside him. He hated himself for falling as her prey. He hated himself for kissing her that day. And he hated her for making his life so much miserable. That what he craved for was revenge. To see her suffer.

And did he succed? Of course he did. And he enjoyed every bit of it back then. He loved every moment he saw her tears and thinking back then, he was a psycho. Chris remembered of how he had pushed her off his piano and how she landed on the ground. She still did nothing. She didn't react even when he called her names. Instead, she stayed quiet and let him do whatever he wished to do.

Now that he was thinking about the past, he wished that Maya fought back. Just like he told his best friend a moment ago. He wished that Maya was like Kyle. He wished that she didn't hold back her hurt. Her frustration. Her pain. She should have let it all out. She should have fought for herself. For the respect that she deserved as a grown woman. She should and maybe today they would have been together. Right?

He shouldn't be leaving with a possibility of her being alive. He shouldn't be paying a PI to assure him that he wasn't seeing her in other women. Prince shouldn't be missing his mother's presents at all. If only she fought him. If only she fought her father. And if only she fought for them. Then they would be happy as husband and wife.

Chris was pulled back from his thoughts by the teacher telling him that Prince had hard time playing the guitar. Maybe that's what he should try and teach him this weekend. He assured the teacher that he would teach his son how to play and left when Prince came back with his belongs. The walked out of the school building and Prince went on to tell him how his day was.

Before Chris could get in the car after closing the back door for his son, he saw a familiar face in a distance. She had the two kids by her side and they were talking about something and she lead them maybe to there car. Chris got in the car and started it. He had to follow them and make sure that he wasn't seeing things as his friend said to him.

The car before him began to drive out of the school compound and he did the same too. He followed it closely not allowing any vehicle to get in between them. Today he was getting answers to his may unanswered questions. That's why he didn't even hear what Prince went on about in the car. That's why he took out his phone and phone and took a photo of the plane number of the car just in case fate chose to play it's twisted mind game on them as always.

They got into a roundabout and as the traffic roles dictates, they waited. He had changed Lane and taken the first Lane while she was on the fourth one. And there was where he had made his biggest mistake because it's where he lost her. As the roles states in a roundabout, he couldn't change Lane nor could he overtake just to follow her. Once again, destiny didn't want them to meet.

Chris pulled his car into a parking lot of his apartment and let Prince out. He dared not let his frustration show in front of his son. He asked him to go inside and let his Nanny make him something to eat as he did his homework. Prince did as told and Chris pulled out his phone and clicked his PI number. He sent him the picture and a short message telling him to look also into that plane number because it was different from the one he gave him earlier on.

He walked inside the house once his frustration was under control and headed to him bedroom where he took shower and change his clothes. All this while his thoughts run wild as he wondered why fate was against the two of them meeting. She was still his wife for crying out loud. And his heart still beat for him. Or was he just getting crazier as the day passed by? Was Wesley right when he said he was going mad?

Maybe he saw Maya again because they had talked about her that day. Maybe he was hallucinating about her and he needed help. Maybe it's about that time he seeked a professional help if he needed not to run mad. And he thought of the headlines. How they would read if the media discovered that he was running mad.

Chris helped Prince with his homework and also take his bath. By the time they're done, it was already dinner time and they sat down to eat their dinner.

"Daddy, my friends invited me to go a picnic with them tomorrow." Prince said taking a bit of his dinner.

Chris swallowed his food before he could say. "Which friends of yours, Prince?"

Since Prince went to his new school, he has only talked about two kids who according to him are nice and sweet. From what Chris gathered it's that they're twins and they are younger than his son. They're not even in the same class but his son won't shut his mouth about how kind the kids are.

"My friends at my new school, Daddy." Prince took a sip of his orange juice. "Can I go?"

Chris thought for a while. Prince said that it was the kids and not their parents. Meaning the parents might have a problem with his son joining them. "What about their parents Prince?" He asked wiping his lips with the napkin. "And besides, tomorrow we've music practice and then we've to visit Grandma."

"My friends said their parents don't have a problem." Of course they would say that. Isn't that what every kid would say anyway? "As for music lesson and grandma visit, we still have Sunday. I'm sure granny will understand. So please Daddy. Please?"

"Fine."

How can he say no to that face. Chris brought the dessert when they were done eating. Red velvet wasn't Prince favorite dessert. And those weren't the only things that they didn't have in common.

Once they're done, Chris took Prince to his room and helped him to brush his teeth before tucking him in the bed. Unlike other kids who were told stories in bed, Prince loved hearing a song before he fell asleep. And that's the only time Chris song. Yes, he stopped singing when his wife died. Or when he thought his wife was dead.

The next day, Chris helped Prince get ready. He even packed some fruits for the boy and before he left, he asked his son to behave when he got there. Chris left to work and asked Alma to take the kid to his friends.

Chris went back home during lunchtime and took his work around the swimming pool after his lunch. He lost time and the next thing he heard was his son coming towards him to show him something. He look up from his paperwork and he saw Prince carrying his phone as he run to him.

Prince was just few steps away from him when he tripped over something and he went flying inside the pool.

"Oh my God, are you okay son?" Chris asked getting from his seat as his son swam towards him.

Chris helped him out of the pool and took a towel to wrap it around his son.

"Daddy, my phone won't work." Prince said trying so hard to light up the phone.

"It's okay, I'll get you a new phone tomorrow son, I promise."

"But Daddy, I wanted to show you something."

"It's okay, I'm sure you had fun."

"Yes. I did. I had fun but I wanted to show you something. It's mamm..."

"The photos that you took?" Chris didn't allow his son to finish. "How about you ask your friend to sent them to you when I buy the new phone to you. Okay?"

"You don't understand, Daddy. My friends mamma is my..."

Chris saw his son shake from shiver and once again cut him. "How about your ask Nanny to make him ginger tea before you catch a cold."

"Okay." Prince hung his head and headed back to the house.

He had no idea on what to tell his father. He just wanted to show him the photos but his phone was already dead. Then how was he going to tell his father even he didn't pay so much attention to what he wanted to tell him.

How was going to tell him that Gabriel and Gabriella's mother looked just like his mamma?

                    *********

So Chris was the one who followed Maya? And the only prove to make Chris believe that he isn't going crazy is destroyed.

Quiz: What do you think will happen now?

Till next time loves, take care.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Pieces By Yasii16

Fanfiction

281 0 51
Kim Jungwoo and his best friend Lucas have been in situations, that may have been irrevocable but by fate; the people they love...around them ended u...
68.5K 1.8K 21
WARNING IF YOU HAVE NOT READ ALLEGIANT THEN DO NOT READ THIS BOOK OR EVEN THE SUMMARY! I HAVE WARNED YOU! It has been two years since Tris' death, a...
1M 27.3K 44
Book #2 [Sequel to 'All About Revenge'] [COMPLETED] ***** "I can't do this anymore." I said as ano...
49.2K 1.6K 26
Book one Book two: middle fingers II {it's back} "Richie, if you don't stop staring at my ass, I will fucking slap you." "Please do." ...