Yugioh: The Fairy Maiden Seas...

By AnimeGmr101

Hanako Yoseina was just your average duelist, living with her grandmother and little sister. That was, until... More

Disclaimer
Hanako Yoseina
The Journey to Duelist Kingdom
Into the Hornet's Nest

The Fairy Takes Flight

933 28 19
By AnimeGmr101

A/N: Ladies and Gentlemen, Hanako is finally gonna duel! Now I gotta be really careful on how I write duels in Duelist Kingdom, since the rules have not been set yet and shenanigans are plentiful in this season.

Either way, I hope you all enjoy the chapter, plus, a certain someone is getting a special cameo!

---------------------------------------------------------
-Fields-

With Weevil out of the way, Yugi and the gang started to wander around, checking out the sights while also looking for new duelists to challenge. The gang soon came across and open flower meadow next to the forest, which had its own Duel Arena, and it seems that they weren't alone.

"Hey Hanako!" Yugi called out, noticing a familiar magenta haired girl sitting on a tree branch.

The green eyed girl noticed the gang and jumped down from her tree branch.

"Hello Yugi, Joey. How have you guys been?" she greeted the two duelists, then noticed the other two people. "Oh, I don't believe we have formally met each other. My name is Hanako Yoseina, nice to meet you."

The female brunette replied, "My name's Tea, nice to meet you too."

Then the male brunet replied, "The name's Tristan."

Hanako nodded in acknowledgement, "So what brings you all to this corner on the island?"

"Well we were looking for new opponents as well as getting to know the sights." answered Yugi. "What about you?"

"I've been thinking about what type of field my monsters would work well in, and after seeing your duel with Weevil, I decided that the flower meadow is the best bet, but it didn't work out, so my monsters are unable to have a Field Power Bonus." explained Hanako.

She wanted to explain more, but then she noticed something. A shadowy figure appeared behind Yugi, it seemed taller, and reminded her of the Yugi look-alike that dueled Weevil. Just as she was about to ask the tri-colored haired boy about it, a separate voice interrupted her.

"Well well well, if it isn't the little fairy."

Turning around, the gang noticed a teen of the same age standing in underneath a tree, arms crossed and a big smirk on his face. He had dark blonde hair and grey eyes, and wore a school uniform similar to Yugi's, only it was colored black.

"I didn't think I would see you here, Alexei." retorted Hanako. "I haven't seen you since the tournament in Domino Harbor, but since you're here on the island, I'd assume that you partook in multiple tournaments."

"That's right, and I plan to beat you here and now!" said Alexei. "This is payback for that defeat at Domino Harbor!"

Hanako nodded, "Then let's have our duel here then."

"See you up there."

Yugi and the gang turned to the green eyed girl as the dark blonde boy entered the red duel stand.

"You know that guy, Hanako?" asked Joey, pointing towards the cocky male.

"He was an opponent I met at the Domino Harbor Duel Tournament a few months back." explained Hanako, stepping on the blue duel stand. "Seems he held a grudge after I defeated him in the Finals."

"We'll be cheering you on then!" Yugi said, giving the girl a thumbs up.

Hanako gave the boy a peace sign as the stand elevated up to the top.

"Ready for this Alexei?" she asked. "I'm betting my two Star Chips!"

"You bet!" he replied. "And I shall do the same, that way, once I'm through with you, I'll get you kicked off the island!"

"Let's Duel!"

Turn 1

Hanako: 2000

Alexei: 2000

"My turn first!" said Hanako, drawing five cards as well as an additional sixth card. "First, I summon my Fairy Guardian in Attack Mode!"

A little fairy with a spear and club appeared on the field, she may be small, but she was determined.

Fairy Guardian: ATK: 1000; DEF: 1000

"Next I place three cards face down."

Three blinks of light appeared behind Fairy Guardian, indicating that she had two cards in the Spell/Trap Zone.

"It's your turn."

Turn 2

Hanako: 2000

Alexei: 2000

"My pleasure," stated Alexei. "First, I'll summon La Jinn the Mystical Genie of the Lamp!"

"That I'll have him attack your little Fairy! Go Fire Breathing Attack!"

"Not so fast! You walked right into my trap!" interrupted Hanako. "I activate the Trap, Spellbinding Circle!"

"Now your monster is stopped in its tracks, and my Fairy Guardian is safe!"

La Jinn had a mystical circle with symbols surround it, and it trapped La Jinn on Alexei's side of the field.

"Grr, I'll place a card face down and end my turn." growled Alexei.

Turn 3

Hanako: 2000

Alexei: 2000

Drawing a card, Hanako looked at her hand and saw the Magic Card, Card Advance. She had a plan in mind, but hoped that she did not have to use it yet.

"First, I play the Equip Spell Card, Fighting Spirit!" she stated, flipping one of her face downs over. "This gives my Fairy Guardian 300 extra Attack Points for every monster you control!"

Fairy Guardian: ATK: 1000 + 300 = 1300

"Next, I play another Magic Card, Banner of Courage! The magic of this Spell Card allows all my monster gain 200 Attack Points whenever they go off into battle."

"I'll end my turn and give you a shot."

Turn 4

Hanako: 2000
Alexei: 2000

"Hey Yug, why didn't she attack him or summon a monster?" asked Joey.

"I'm not sure Joey, maybe she has a plan. Remember, she knows this guy better than we do." Yugi replied.

Alexei growled in frustration, his La Jinn was trapped and his best heavy hitter couldn't attack! When he saw that card that he drew, he smirked.

"I summon my Grand Tiki Elder in attack mode!"

Grand Tiki Elder: ATK: 1500; DEF: 800

"Remember, every monster you have on your side of the field increases my Fairy Guardian's attack strength by 300." said Hanako as her Fairy Guardian became stronger.

Fairy Guardian: ATK: 1300 + 300 = 1600

"So what, I play the Spell Card known as Sword of Dark Destruction!"

"This card increases my Elder's attack points by 400, but it loses 200 defense points." explained Alexei.

Grand Tiki Elder: ATK: 1500 + 400 = 1900; DEF: 800 - 200 = 600

"Now attack her Fairy! Darkness Slash"

"Not so fast! I play my Trap, Negate Attack!" said Hanako, not wanting her Fairy to be destroyed. "This negates your battle phase and stops the attack on my Fairy."

"Grr, I place a card face down and end my turn." growled Alexei, even more frustrated.

Turn 5

Hanako: 2000

Alexei: 2000

Hanako drew a card from her deck and then looked out onto the field.

"First, I summon my Airknight Parshath in attack mode!"

Airknight Parshath: ATK: 1900; DEF: 1400

"I place two cards face down and have my Airknight Parshath attack your La Jinn!" said Hanako. "With my Banner of Courage in play, he gains 200 more Attack points!"

Airknight Parshath: ATK: 1900 +200 = 2100

"Go, attack with Galloping Sword Slash!"

Rearing on his hind legs, Parshath galloped across the field towards La Jinn. With a quick flick of his blade, La Jinn was destroyed.

Alexei: 2000 - 300 = 1700

Airknight Parshath: ATK: 2100 - 200 = 1900

Fairy Guardian: ATK 1600 - 300 = 1300

"Then his special effect activates, when I inflict battle damage onto you, I get to draw one card."

Drawing a card from her deck, Hanako ended her turn.

Turn 6

Hanako: 2000

Alexei: 1700

"Just because you got a lucky shot at my Life Points, doesn't mean that I'll let you beat me easily." snapped Alexei, drawing a card. "I summon Opticlops in attack mode!"

Fairy Guardian: ATK: 1300 + 300 = 1600

"Attack her Fairy Guardian!"

"Have you forgotten my Banner of Courage! All my monsters gain 200 Attack Points for every monster on your field."

Fairy Guardian: ATK: 1600 + 200 = 1800

Airknight Parshath: ATK: 1900 +200 = 2100

"Then they'll destroy each other!" Joey commented from the side as Fairy Guardian survived, but Opticlops was destroyed and Grand Tiki Elder was left on the field alone.

"How did your little Fairy survive?!" shouted Alexei in shock.

"My Fighting Spirit is how." explained Hanako. "When my monster is targeted for an attack, Fighting Spirit takes the blow and keeps my Fairy on the field."

With that, Alexei had no choice but to end his turn.

Turn 7

Hanako: 2000

Alexei: 1700

Hanako drew her card and her eyes widened. The card she drew was Ma'at, her ace monster! But she wanted to save her for later, so Hanako played the only other monster in her hand.

"Come forth, Doma the Angel of Silence!"

Doma the Angel of Silence: ATK: 1600; DEF: 1400

The dark angel appeared on the field, giving Alexei's monsters a sinister glare.

"Now Airknight Parshath, attack his Grand Tiki Elder!"

Airknight Parshath: ATK: 1900 +200 = 2100

Once again, Airknight Parshath galloped across the field and slashed Grand Tiki Elder to pieces, sending the monster to the Card Graveyard.

Alexei: 1700 - 200 = 1500

"I'll end my turn."

"Alright! Go Hana!" Joey cheered from the sidelines, the others following his example.

The magenta haired girl gave the gang a thumbs up and returned her focus back to the duel.

Turn 8

Hanako: 2000

Alexei: 1500

"I play my Spell Card, Monster Reborn!" said Alexei. "This lets me summon a monster from my Graveyard! And I bring back my La Jinn the Mystical Genie of the Lamp!"

La Jinn the Mystical Genie of the Lamp: ATK: 1800; DEF: 1000

"Great! That stupid Genie's back!" Joey complained, knowing that was one of the strongest monsters he's seen so far.

"Oh but it gets better," said Alexei with a smirk on his face, "well, for me anyway."

"I summon my Beast of Talwar in Attack Mode!"

A blue and green beast wielding two curved blades appeared on the field.

Beast of Talwar: ATK: 2400; DEF: 2150

"There's no way you have a monster in your deck that can defeat my Beast!" gloated Alexei, pulling out another card from his hand. "I place one card face down and play the Equip Spell, Dark Energy, giving my beast 300 more Attack and Defense Points!"

Beast of Talwar: ATK: 2400 + 300 = 2700; DEF: 2150 +300 = 2450

"Now Beast of Talwar, attack her Fairy Guardian!"

Fairy Guardian: ATK: 1000 + 200 = 1200

With a quick slice, Beast of Talwar destroyed her Fairy Guardian, who screamed for a brief moment before disappearing.

Hanako: 2000 - 1500 = 500

"OH NO! She's almost out of Life Points!" shouted Tristan.

"Hang in there Hana!" Joey called out.

"You still got this!" encouraged Tea.

Yugi nodded, "They're right! You can win this!"

Hanako looked down towards her new-found friends and nodded, there's no way is she going to lose so early in the tournament.

Turn 9

Hanako: 500

Alexei: 1500

Hanako drew a card, it was Draining Shield! Then she can turn this duel around! Looking at her hand, Ma'at peeked out from one of her cards. The card seemed to nod to her, as if telling her to use her. Nodding back, Hanako prepared her strategy.

"I play a card face down." she began, placing a card in the Spell/Trap Zone. "That ends my turn."

Turn 10

"Talk about pathetic! That's all?!" sneered Alexei, drawing a card. "Now, Beast of Talwar, attack her Doma!"

Doma the Angel of Silence: ATK: 1600 +200 = 1800

"Once that attack hits, Hana loses the duel!" Joey said, worried.

But instead of looking worried, Hanako just smiled. Just as the attack was about to connect, a yellow, translucent shield protected her Angel of Silence, negating the attack.

"HOW?! Your monster should've been destroyed!" growled Alexei.

Hanako: 500 + 2700 = 3200

"Now you Life Points are increasing?!"

Hanako chucked at his reaction.

"You triggered my Draining Shield Trap Card, Alexei." she said, showing him the card. "This allows me to not only negate the attack, but also gain Life Points equal to the attacking monster's Attack Points!"

"Grr, I end my turn." growled Alexei.

Turn 11

Hanako: 3200

Alexei: 1500

Hanako drew a card, it was Alexandrite Dragon! Just what she needed!

"I summon Alexandrite Dragon!"

Alexandrite Dragon: ATK: 2000; DEF: 100

A beautiful dragon appeared on the field, its scales shining like jewels.

"Now I play the Magic Card, Card Advance!" said Hanako, revealing the card. "This allows me to look at the top five cards of my deck and then place them in any order! Then I can Tribute Summon this turn as well."

Hanako then took the top five cards of her deck and then placed them back on top.

"Then the only card in her hand must be powerful!" said Joey, looking at the last card in Hanako's hand.

Unbeknownst to Yugi and his friends, the shadowed figure that Hanako saw earlier appeared unseen by the witnesses. The Spirit was intrigued by the duel and eyed the magenta-haired girl's next move.

"Now I tribute my Alexandrite Dragon and my Airknight Parshath!"

The two monsters turned to each other and nodded before disappearing in a glow of light. A sphere of light took their place and pulsed, the shock waves giving off power that could be felt by Yugi and his friends. The tri-colored haired boy's Millennium Puzzle began to glow, and not too far away, a certain white haired boy's Millennium Ring glowed as well. In addition, unknown to Hanako herself, a book in her backpack began to glow.

---------------------------------------------------------
-Pegasus' Castle-

Far away, Pegasus watches his tournament from the comfort of his castle, sipping his red wine and eating slices of exotic cheese as well as enjoying his favorite comic book. He was enjoying himself, until his Millennium Eye began to give off a small light.

"What's this? My Millennium Eye is reacting to something!" wondered Pegasus. "Could there be another Millennium Item on the island?"

Opening his observation screen, he scoured the screens until he came upon Dueling Arena Number 78, the Meadow Area.

There he saw a magenta-haired girl and a dark-blonde haired boy. There seems to be something interesting going on on the girl's side of the field, the likes of which he has never seen before in his Dueling Arenas.

---------------------------------------------------------
-Somewhere in Egypt-

Somewhere hidden in the sands of Egypt a large stone tablet with seven intricate indentations. However two of those indentations were filled, a scale and an ankh shaped key. The tablet as well as the scale and key began to give off a mysterious light. A robed man looked over the stone and his blue eyes widened.

"It seems my master has indeed been reincarnated, after so many millennia..."

---------------------------------------------------------
-Across the World-

Somewhere in the world, two more of the Millennium Items began to give off the same mysterious light, a rod and a necklace.

The woman wearing the necklace looked towards her Millennium Item, this had never happened before. Before she could even question the mysterious occurrence any further, the necklace glowed more, showing her a quick vision of the future.

When the vision ended, the woman's eyes widened, the vision showed her the goddess of truth and justice has been revived!

---------------------------------------------------------
-Duelist Kingdom-

"Come forth, the Goddess of Truth, Justice, and Balance, Ma'at!" declared Hanako, her voice seemingly taking on another tone in her voice.

The sphere of light exploded, and a mystical woman appeared. She was garbed in Egyptian Clothing, and on her person were the Seven Millennium Items!

Yugi was the first to notice this, as he saw the Puzzle on the monster's person, around her waist. The Spirit also took notice of this, and a sudden sense of familiarity grew in his mind.

Ma'at: ATK: ?; DEF: ?

"What a monster!" said Joey, staring at the Egyptian clad woman in awe.

"Now I activate Ma'at's special ability!" said Hanako, her voice returning to normal. "Once per turn, I can declare three card names, then I draw three cards from my deck, and if any of them are the cards that I declare, then Ma'at gains 1000 Attack and Defense Points!"

With that in mind, Hanako remembered the cards that she looked at due to Card Advance's effect.

"I draw Rush Recklessly, Forbidden Chalice, and Magic Cylinder!"

And sure enough, she did draw them all, thus raising Ma'at's attack and defense by 3000. The Millennium Eye on Ma'at's forehead glowed.

Ma'at: ATK: 3000; DEF: 3000

"NO WAY!" yelled Alexei.

"Yes way, now Ma'at attack his La Jinn with the power of the Millennium Rod!" she declared.

Acknowledging her, Ma'at twirled her staff, made from the Millennium Rod and the Millennium Key, and flew towards the fiend, stabbing it in the chest.

"Don't forget, my Banner of Courage is still on the field! Meaning Ma'at gains 200 more Attack Points!"

Ma'at: ATK: 3000 + 200 = 3200

Pushing the Rod deeper into the fiend's chest, La Jinn gave one more yell before vanishing.

Alexei: 1500 - 1400 = 100

"That will end my turn." concluded Hanako as Ma'at returned to her side of the field.

"ALRIGHT!" cheered Yugi's group.

Turn 12

Hanako: 3200

Alexei: 100

Alexei drew a card, but sighed, knowing that he has no chance against his rival's monster. But if he's going down, he'll go down fighting.

"Beast of Talwar attack her Angel of Silence now!"

Doma the Angel of Silence: ATK: 1600 + 200 = 1800

Beast of Talwar advanced towards Doma, and with a quick slice, destroys her.

Hanako: 3200 - 900 = 2300

"I end my turn..."

Turn 13

"It's been a good duel, Alexei." said Hanako, drawing a card. "But I'm afraid I have to end this."

"I get that, but I'll beat you next time, you'll see." he said smirking.

Hanako nodded, and proceeded, "Ma'at attack his Beast of Talwar and end this duel!"

Ma'at: ATK: 3000 + 200 = 3200

With a quick spin of her staff, Ma'at sends a magical stream of energy, which pierced the Fiend-Type monster, destroying him and ending the duel.

Alexei: 100 - 500 = 0

Winner: Hanako!

Yugi and his friends cheered as the two duelists descend from the Duel Arena, shaking hands, as well as exchanging Star Chips.

"That was a good duel." Hanako said, accepting the Star Chips.

"That was just one duel. Watch your back, cause you'll see me again real soon." Alexei said and walked away.

As Alexei walked away, Hanako was surrounded by Yugi, Joey, Tristan, and Tea.

"That was awesome, Hana! Way to go!" cheered Joey, putting the magenta haired girl in a headlock.

"That was such a cool move that you just pulled! I've never seen a monster like that before." Yugi added in, still amazed at the monster he just saw.

All Hanako do was nod, as she was slowing losing air because of the headlock Joey had her in.

"Okay Joey, I think she's turning purple." said Tea, pulling Joey's ear, making him loosen his grip on her.

Gasping for air, Hanako then added the two Star Chips she won onto her Dueling Glove, giving her a total of four Star Chips. Just six more to go.

---------------------------------------------------------
-Pegasus' Castle-

Up in Pegasus' viewing room, the said man laughed. This made his advisor and head of security, Croquet look at his superior in a questionable manner.

"Is something wrong, Master Pegasus?" he asked slowly.

"Oh everything is fine Croquet, just fine!" Pegasus said, a large smile on his face.

'It seems my quest for the Millennium Items has just gotten more interesting. I wonder what other surprises Hana-Girl has in store. And it seems that she is friends with little Yugi-Boy! Oh what a brillant turn of events!'

---------------------------------------------------------
A/N: FINALLY GOT THIS CHAPTER OUT OF THE WAY! I hope you all enjoy the chapter. And for those who have noticed, yes all that censoring that 4Kids had done to the franchise, is GONE!

Meaning:

No more finger guns, fruit juice is now wine, blood, and death!

Though the Shadow Realm is still a relevant thing, you'll see soon.

Anyway, leave any feedback if you have any in the comments. Be safe and stay healthy! See you all in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.7K 432 7
After Jaune's transcript was revealed by Cardin he was betrayed and disowned by one the once he called friends and family. During that night he start...
88 8 7
This is a finished fan fiction of Yugi and his friends. In the book I focus a little more on Bakura and threw Miho back in the gang from season 0. I...
15.4K 313 23
Hikari Yuta has always been able to see the spirits of the cards. From time to time, he would be playing in the backyard of his house with the "imagi...
28K 639 16
Samia inherited her mother's intuition and empathy, and along with that comes the ability to sense magic and spirits. Her best friend Bakura has prom...