The Queen's king |✔️

By Reha_writes

Chitra, has always been the forgotten princess, neither the king nor the kingdom remembers her, probably as h... More

Foreword.
• Prologue •
1. Him
2.Her
3. Kingdom Ramapur
5.The crying princess
6. Princess
7 .The smile
8.The village riots.
9. A New Journey.
10. Yes Brother.
11. Grateful.
12. The Beginning
13. Help.
14. Saved.
15. Butterflies.
16. Happiness.
17. Trouble
18. The search.
19. Found.
20. Healer.
21. A Sacred union of love
22. Our Kingdom.
23. Am I not pretty?
24. Rajmatha Padma.
25. Little Prince
26. Rejection.
27. Queen Chitra
28. Love birds.
♥️ Author's Note ♥️
29. Peaceful days
30. A plan
31. Staggered
32. An Avenge
33. A Queen's duty
34. A tale of betrayal
35. A Rise of War
36. A wrong twist
37. A Goddess
38. Apsara
39. Broken Hearts
40. Princess Nandhini
41. A Ride
❤️ Characters and cast ❤️
42. Blooming Love
43. Village Kalikapur
44. Lost Truths
45. Finding Love
46. Saving Kalikapur.
47. An Instinct.
48. Searching for Princess
49. Mending Love
50. A Happy End
• Epilouge •
Announcement 📣

4. Royal Dinner

37.5K 2.6K 126
By Reha_writes

All Chitra could think about was the shadow of darkness in her life, she just lost those tiny bits of hope she was holding onto since her childhood. Why is her life so pitiful? Was she never destined for happiness in life? A wave of sadness plunged through her at the thoughts making her wail loudly, she leaned her head onto the tiny rope of the swing as Meenakshi tried to console her.

Her step-mother, the queen has finally shown her true colours, she has arranged Chitra's wedding with the son of the finance minister.

"Marrying a minister's son is not as bad as you think, princess." Whispering as slowly as possible Meenakshi moved forward, holding Chitra's face in her wrinkled old hands trying to cheer her, "And you will finally be able to move out of this palace as you have always dreamed."

Listening to those Chitra broke down crying loudly, her heart drowned in pain as she managed to speak in between her tears, "For god's sake he is married, Meenamma! What is the use of moving out of this place? I will be just moving to another hell."

Meenakshi's heart gave out for this poor princess, all Chitra ever wanted was love but we never get what we want, do we?

Signing sadly, Meenakshi stood silently giving the Princess some time to let her get used to this unavoidable situation. No one can go against the Queen, and especially for someone like Chitra, it was almost impossible as the Queen hated her with a burning passion.

"We need to go to the dinner, princess." Meenakshi reminded her by slowly patting her head, trying to console her. This was the first time that princess Chitra was being invited to a royal dinner and as a handmaid, it was her responsibility to have the princess look presentable.

"Can't I just have dinner in my chambers like every day?" Chitra asked, wiping tears off her red face looking up at Meenakshi, as she was completely exhausted with all this drama. Chitra was always aware of the queen's hate but only today she realised that the queen's only motive was to destroy her life.

When Meenakshi didn't respond Chitra understood that the dinner is unavoidable. She slowly stepped down from the swing adjusting her heavy skirt and veil, if the Queen wants to destroy her life then so be it. She couldn't even fight anymore, no one other than her handmaid ever cared.

"Look at my life Meenamma, I can't even eat food peacefully," Chitra mumbled looking down at her feet, trying to blink away her tears.

"Don't be so unhappy, princess. Every dark night has a star hiding somewhere, and all you have to do is to find it." Meenakshi said, her voice carrying hope and positivity.

"Ridiculous," Chitra whispered, dodging the words of her brain. She has no hope left in her gloomy life anymore. The thoughts of her dark life riled up anger within her, why can't just Meenamma just accept it that her life is a lost game now!

Chitra turned around in a swift with an irritated look on her face, "Where is the star then? I can't find any!"

"Umm, food? At least, the food tonight will be tasty?" Meenakshi hurriedly squeaked out her thoughts leaving Chitra surprised, but that surprise slowly subsided being replaced with a heavy sadness as the princess marched away.

* * *

Chitra has changed into the finest of her silk clothing. The bright royal blue and parrot green half-saree brightened her light complexion as she elegantly walked through the palace corridors. Her eyes turned puffy and heavy from the crying, making her already feel exhausted.

The closer she got to the palace dining hall, the nervous she became making her fingers fiddle with the white pearls necklace around her neck. What if Priyamvada insults her in front of all those royals, can she ever gather enough courage and tell her off? But above all those fears remain a silver lining, she was getting to see the king, her father after years.

Does he still look the same, like he looked years ago or had he aged? How would he react seeing her? She grew tall and is said to look a little identical to her late mother. Will he hug her with love, like he always hugs Priyamvada?

Thoughts about her father passed through her brain, faster than light.

Meenamma coughed slowly, secretly signalling Chitra to look forward. The entrance for the dining hall was just a few feet away from her. The heavy and beautiful decoration of the entrance made her gulp in fear as she slowly took steps forward, while her handmaid and the small group of maids in straight lines behind her halted in their positions.

Now she was alone, all alone between those known strangers.

"Sister!"

Chitra heard a faint call for someone, and from the sweetness of the voice, she was sure that it was Priyamvada speaking. Trying her best to avoid all the royals, she moved forward and sat at the far end of the line of people on the floor. The usual empty floor was now covered with thick carpets creating a comfortable environment for eating.

For some reason, the silver plate in front of her was empty. Was she being punished for being late or insulted? Her heart speeded at those thoughts making her pick up the water glass beside the plate. Trying to calm her coward heart she quietly sipped on the water.

"Sister Chitra!'' Chitra almost choked herself hearing those words.

What? Sister Chitra?

When did this happen?

Chitra slowly looked up, the astonishment seen clear in her huge eyes.

"What held you up for so long?" Asked Priyamvada almost pouting, but that pout turned into a beautiful smile as she patted the empty space beside her saying, "Please sit by my side like always, you know I can not swallow a grain without you!"

If that would have been the case then this kingdom might have had only one Princess. Chitra pursued her lips tight, trying to fight the grimace forming on her face.

She sat rooted in her place not understanding what on earth was happening. Priyamvada just called her sister and the queen was smiling at her daughter and then at her? Was she imagining this? But when she looked slowly looked around she found a few new faces. That moment, all their acts fell in place making sense. The royal dinner with a neighbouring king.

She slowly got up and walked towards Priyamvada, with the amount of drama they were playing she was sure that heavy punishments might follow if she plays otherwise.

She slowly settled beside her step-sister but after this, they didn't involve her in any talks, and she was better not being involved. However, all the while she sat down having her food she could feel a constant gaze on her. She knew that the person sitting on the opposite side was staring but she didn't dare raise her head.

The dinner almost came to an end and Chitra still stayed focused on her food. Her father didn't even care to throw her a glance throughout the dinner, all the while he kept praising Priyamvada for talents but the fact that he didn't cast her a look broke her heart.

She too, was his daughter like Priyamvada. Though she never learnt any skills like singing and dancing she was good at stitching and sewing new designs. But her father knew none.

He probably didn't care, or even worse, he must have forgotten about her existence.

Her beautiful brown eyes welled up with tears threatening to slip down, making her look up to blink her tears away but instead her eyes met with a pair of mesmerising dark eyes. He looked straight in her eyes as if he could read her mind, his look was so intense that she averted her eyes immediately.

Chitra slowly eat the last few grains left on her plate. She wanted to leave this place this instant, or look away from this empty place but the small thought about that person still looking at her made her keep her head low. But what if she was overthinking? Who will ever look at her with a breath taking beauty like Privamvada sitting beside her?

Probably it was a coincidence and moreover she should go back to her chambers, Meenamma must be waiting for her.

Gathering up her courage she slowly looked forward and this time that man was in a deep conversation with her father. His broad shoulders scrunched a little as he laughed at something, however, that smile didn't reach his eyes. Chitra couldn't help but secretly observe the handsome man seated before her but right at that moment his head turned towards her at a lightening speed as if he was waiting for her.

When this time their eyes met, she found something more than his beautiful dark eyes and no one knew that look better than her. His eyes held power, they told her stories about his hunger for power.

"Arjuna, why don't you try this sweet? Our Priyamvada has cooked this dish for you." Sulekha announced, offering him tiny a silver bowl with a huge smile on her face.

In fraction of seconds he shifted his gaze, slowly involving himself in a conversation with the queen and Priyamvada making Chitra fiddle with the pearls necklace around her neck.

Her body ached dead and her eyes burned with weakness as she thought about the days events. 

Chitra unhurriedly glanced at the king once more, and found him smiling for some jest his father has making her smile in sadness. 

So he is the king, the one her step-sister will be marrying. Arjuna.

Weirdly, she felt disappointment settling down in her heart but she tried her best to ignore that feeling. She shouldn't be, she was never worth any happiness in life.

* * *

P.s ~ Chitra calls her handmaid Meenakshi as Meenamma.

Hey there! Press the star down here🌟

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 8K 36
They were best friends once, always with each other. An accident, that changed their lives forever. She was thrown out of his life and now she's ba...
56.9K 2.4K 38
After receiving around 📖 50K Reads - 5.96K Votes ❤, and numerous encouraging and appreciating comments by this very story of Forbidden Princess. ...
50.9K 2.1K 21
All she believed is love and all she wanted was a married life with the person who loved her. Ended up getting married to a person, she loved, and ca...
141K 6.7K 30
#1 in Armyman as on 29/04/2021 #1 in broken as on 21/12/2021 #21 in Chennai as on 29/04/2021 #1 in Chennai as on 20/5/21 #10 in Tamilnadu as on 29/04...