Between Us - You and Me // JJ...

By ciyaaraa

Im Jaebum is a 2nd grade high school student who is now a man who looks harsh and scary even though he is act... More

Park Jinyoung
Older Brother
Trio Hero
Past Trauma
The Choice
Jaebum and Jinyoung
Dance Club and Jaebum's Friends
Dream
The Voice I've been Looking For
Jinyoung's Deal
Im Jaebum
Coming Home
The You I Don't Recognize
The Thing Jaebum and Jinyoung Feels
Jaebum's Little Wish
Time Does Fly
Twins
Soulmate
Duo Energic
My Youth
The Hope for Tomorrow
Special 1 - The Special Thread
Teenager
I Like You

Tomorrow, Today

228 5 0
By ciyaaraa

Jinyoung blinked a few times when he heard that question. The father just looked at him with a loving smile similar to Jaebum, his own son. After a few pauses, the father finally opened his mouth. "You look surprised." He said aware of Jinyoung's attitude and managed to make what was meant come back to the world. "Sorry if it sounds suddenly," Jinyoung turned around. "However, we already feel comfortable with Jinyoung's presence here." Jinyoung blinked. "A place where we thought there would only be silence and a little warmth, are now brighter with your presence."

"Not like that!" The father looked up. "S-sorry, however, I don't think it's just silence and warmth, I can feel that you trust each other, so words are not needed." Jaebum's father listens. "It's not quiet here! Really!" Jaebum's father blinked in surprise at Jinyoung's words and his tenacity denied what was said, making him smile.

"Thank you, Jinyoung." The father gets up. "So, are you still going to go?"

"Eh?" Jinyoung blinked.

"Hearing that, I don't think you intend to stay."

"Th-that's ..." Jinyoung frowned.

"Think about it." Jinyoung looked up and saw the sad expression on Jaebum's father's face. "If your decision remains unsettled, I have found several good families and I know who wants to take care of you for a while." Jinyoung saw him moving outside the bedroom door.

"I hope you stay here." While giving a small smile, Jinyoung saw the figure disappear behind the closed door. Jinyoung frowned and sighed softly.

Not that I don't want to. Jinyoung clutched his chest. I'm just afraid that even that opportunity will only be temporary.

"Jinyoung-ie, I'm going in." The one called jumped in surprise and made Jaebum blink. "What is wrong?"

"N-no." Jinyoung sighed softly when he realized that it was only Jaebum who surprised him. "Hyung just made me surprised..." he said while taking a deep breath and throwing it slowly.

Jaebum blinked before turning his back to see his father's figure now at the dining table. "Something happened with my father? What did he say?"

"Eh? Ah, he asked how the song we sang together, "Jaebum can see sweat running down his temples. Jaebum frowned and glared at Jinyoung.

"Are you sure?" Jinyoung nodded like a child, who seemed to be trying hard to hide something that he couldn't hide properly. Jaebum sighed softly. "Okay." Jaebum came in and closed the door.

"Oh yeah, what's wrong, hyung?" Jaebum saw Jinyoung back to the way he was before talking to his father. Jaebum sat on the edge of Jinyoung's bed.

"I was thinking about how you practice singing,"

"Ah, I've found a good one!" Jaebum could see the child shining happily. "I'll make sure I can sing it well."

Jaebum smiled mischievously. "Then, let's sing together." Surprised, Jinyoung blinked twice before accepting the challenge.

"I will try!"

----------------------------------------------------

As Jinyoung said, he managed to sing well a song made by Jaebum that he wanted to sing with Jinyoung's deep voice. The boy sang it passionately and so entered into the song. Jaebum who used to sing and his voice was very good, raised his eyebrows when he saw the expression Jinyoung displayed when singing it. For some reason, he was so deep into their song this time. Something happened with his father, that's what Jaebum thought. It was the first time Jaebum saw Jinyoung sing such a dramatic song. Usually with tension, nervousness, or with warmth and tenderness.

Jaebum frowned.

Why are you expressioning like you want to cry, Jinyoung-ah?

After recording it once again in their club room, Jaebum and Jinyoung successfully completed a song together. Mark and the others cheer and want to celebrate it by hearing the results together. Jinyoung could see Jaebum acting proud when the song was finished, especially with some of the lyrics and tones that were helped by Jinyoung. It was the first time Jinyoung could participate in a song, even though he usually only listened. He did not know that this was what it was like to be involved in the making, and to enjoy satisfying results.

"Jaebum-ah, I also want a new song!"

"Hey, I just finished this one, please let me rest for a while."

"Me too! Me too!"

Jinyoung smiled seeing his friends so happy they wanted to re-create a song that could warm the heart and make everyone who heard it happy. Jinyoung held his phone featuring his song player and Jaebum who just made it. If you listen to it any number of times, it is certain that you will never get bored.

"By the way, why is Jinyoungie so silent?"

"Eh?" Jinyoung looked up in surprise.

"You're not happy with the song that Jaebum and you made?"

"Jackson, you ask as if you were the producer."

"Hey, I'm just asking."

"I-It's fine, I'm glad." Said Jinyoung, hesitantly and as if forced. Jaebum frowned worriedly.

"Then we can make a song for Jaebum and Jinyoungie again!"

Jinyoung looked up in surprise.

"Eh?"

"Isn't there only one?" Mark asked the excited Jackson.

"It doesn't matter, Jinyoung is also our member. Right, Jaebum?" They turned to Jaebum who was still frowning.

"Ng? What's wrong, Jaebum-hyung?"

"Huh?" Youngjae's words make the hyung aware.

"You stare at Jinyoungie with such a horrible look." Said Jackson added.

"Horrible? Really?" Jaebum rubbed his own face. Mark laughed.

"I'm sure Jinyoung is happy too, calm down, Jaebum-ah." He said while patting his shoulder.

"No-not that's what I mean!"

Red blush adorns Jaebum's face, making Jinyoung who watched his adopted brother blush too. Jackson just smiled broadly and Youngjae chuckled when he saw Jinyoung trying to calm down and not feel embarrassed.

"By the way, I also have a new choreography," Mark said as he elbowed Jackson.

"Ah! You're right!" Jaebum and the others blinking.

"Choreo? Which song?"

"I wanna see! I wanna see!" Youngjae is enthusiastic, his eyes sparkling like a child.

"Youngjae, you can dance?" Jinyoung asked and made his peers blink innocently.

"I can. I just don't like dancing." Jinyoung blinking.

"You don't like it?"

"Youngjae's strength, is on his voice," Jinyoung looked up when Jaebum was standing not far from him and pointed to his throat. "Not lose to me, we're the main vocal here."

"Yeah, yeah, we are the only rapper and dancer here!" Mark elbowed Jackson.

"We can sing if we try." Jackson chuckled.

"You're right!"

Jinyoung blinked. "But I think Jackson can sing,"

"Eh? Me?" Appoint Jackson when he hears Jinyoung's words. That boy nodded.

"Your low, wet raspy voice is pleasant to hear. Certainly, if you sing on a mellow song and don't beat too much, it would be great. " Jackson and Mark blinked listening to Jinyoung's words, before finally laughing broadly and Mark elbowed while teasing him.

"Hey, wet raspy voice!" He said while chuckling. The shy Jackson tried to eliminate it by smiling broadly and rubbing his head.

"I wanted to try it now." Jackson mumbled. Jinyoung is smiling now.

"That's a good idea."

Everyone looked up at Jaebum who was now touching his chin, thinking. His hands folded. His eyes are sharp and think hard.

"So, where is the choreo?" Youngjae asked in a pleading tone.

"Ah!"

Mark and Jackson show the half-finished choreography. Even though there was a time when Jackson continued to laugh, followed by Mark himself, Jaebum looked at him seriously. As if the dance moves can be used for the song if it will be sung together, or only with two people. Jinyoung who was looking at the two felt something else. There is a desire to try and make it perfect. Youngjae tried to follow when Mark helped him. The innocent man tried hard with sweat running down his temples like Jinyoung who tried to sing to Jaebum.

Jinyoung grabbed his phone, replacing the finished song with another Jaebum instrumental song. His tone that sounded soft, but had a pleasant beat, made Jinyoung move his head slowly. Mark and Jackson taught Jaebum and Youngjae, who tried hard but were successfully controlled by Jaebum. Mark and Jackson gave him a thumbs up, when Jaebum succeeded with sweat flowing. They turned and saw Jinyoung had stood up. Phone held his hand tightly.

They see Jinyoung start to move, to an empty area. The dance seemed to continue the choreography that Mark had made half of it. Jaebum wide-eyed when Jinyoung was chanting more words, singing it arbitrarily but it matched his tone. They stared at Jinyoung who danced in the chorus. Jinyoung repeated it from the beginning, remembering the movements Mark and Jackson made, perfecting it with his own in the chorus. Jaebum stood not far from him, staring at the smooth movements made by Jinyoung.

He said he never danced or sang. But if Jinyoung tries, he does it well and the results are very good. Jaebum frowned as he looked at his adoptive little brother who tried hard and as if the results of his efforts were bearing fruit now.

Jinyoung stopped, panting, before hearing applause from someone. Jinyoung looked up and found Youngjae doing it before smiling broadly.

"Jinyoung-hyung, you're amazing!!"

"Woah!" Jinyoung was surprised when Youngjae ran to hug him. "W-what's wrong?"

"What's wrong? You're looked like completing the choreo in that song."

Jinyoung blinked.

"In that song?" Jinyoung turned to his phone. "Since when I changed the song?" Jinyoung panicked. Jaebum stepped in, making Jinyoung stop.

"Will you sing it with me, Jinyoungie?"

Jinyoung blinking in surprised once again.

"Eh?"

"This is really suited you and Jaebum-hyung!" Mark smiled.

"I agree." Jackson nodded.

"I don't feel that I'm the one who is better at singing this with Jaebum-hyung." Jinyoung turned to Youngjae who said it with an innocent smile. "I want to hear you sing more, Jinyoung-hyung."

Jinyoung put on a worried expression, before finally sighing softly. He rubbed Youngjae's head.

"It seems like I can't refuse it if Youngjae's the one that asking."

"Yeay!"

"So, you will do it?" Jaebum was enthusiastic. Jinyoung looked up.

"I never said I didn't like singing with you, Jaebum-hyung?" Jinyoung smiled. "I'm just not sure and not confident. That's all."

"I loved Coming Home!" Jinyoung was surprised when Jaebum grabbed his shoulder. "And I believe that this one will also be as good a result! No, maybe more than that! "

Jinyoung gaped when Jaebum said with confidence and his eyes sparkled. He realized that the attitude was not like him, Jaebum back while rubbing the nape of the neck with a red blush on his cheek. Jinyoung smiled a little.

"I'm happy too if the next song is a good song too." Jaebum and the others smiled, before finally cheering happily.

"Jaebum-ah, I want to try a song that I can sing and not rapp like Jinyoungie said!" Jackson said pleadingly.

"I'll try it, Jackson. Then help me make it."

"Gladly!"

"I'll help with the choreography." Mark said behind Jackson's back.

"Mark-hyung, please help with the song too." Youngjae pulled the hyung on his arm. Mark just chuckled.

"Thank you, Youngjae-ah."

"Jaebum-hyung, do you have the title for this one?"

Jaebum turned to Jinyoung who looked curious. That older boy smiled.

"The title is Tomorrow, Today."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35K 811 21
Y/N, (you) and Mark Tuan have been friends ever since you guys were only two years old. When you both turn 13, you fall in love. But after a tragic a...
19.6K 576 31
Mark Tuan meets a stunning boy named Jackson. Little did he know that the boy, would steal his heart. Jackson Wang, an Olympic fencer on the rise, c...
251K 12.6K 55
"Control the gay?" "Please it's only the first day of school." Mark Tuan and Park Jinyoung both feel incredibly attracted to their new teacher, Jack...
26.3K 1.8K 60
Relationships change and evolve, we may have just started out as best friends but I believe things have changed between us. It's hard to admit, bu...