ᴅᴇᴇᴘᴇʀ

By sawvvy

❝She was like a perfect paradise, tearing at its seam.❞ To everyone, Chimdi Gentry lived the perfect life wit... More

Preface
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
Interlude
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
Interlude
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
Interlude
53
54
55
Interlude
Epilogue
Sufface

4

1.5K 454 209
By sawvvy

Outside the bubble
Is the real deal life.
They like it out there...

-

The previous week moved faster than usian bolt himself, soon it was second week and normal lectures commenced.

While the last week moved with impressive speed, the present week crawled slower than a day old turtle, making students wonder if a day was ever going to come to an end.

Hours lasted longer than supposed and lecture periods seemed to never end.

It was in one of the French classes, which bored the hell out of everyone in SS3B that TJ looked out, just to sight Chimdi, surrounded by the girls in their class.

After their totally meaningless quarrel last week, they never spoke. They didn't really have much to say to each other though, except Chimdi's laser eyes aimed at him whenever their sights clashed.

He immediately redirected his focus to the board, as the French teacher, who dressed like she was going for a funeral wrote down words like oui and les on the white board.

French never piqued his interest, he preferred Spanish class to French class back at Barton prep and was just figuring out that Yes wasn't spelt wee but oui in French, by just staring at the board.

He thought of paying more attention, but to him, French was too boring a subject to pay attention to. He thought of how he missed his Spanish class even though, back at Barton Prep, he acted like he had zero interest in it.

He missed the free flow of words from Miss Fabio's tongue. Missed how Ruby and her friends tried their best to make their faux Spanish accent sound legit, while trying to impress their teacher.

Pity, Spanish wasn't offered in Pacesetters, French wouldn't have been substitute or the other three languages the rest of the students offered which he didn't have any knowledge of. Not even a teeny bit.

The bell signalling that the period was over rang, making students sigh out in utter relief.

The young cinematography Teacher entered and immediately lightened up their mood.

He set down his bag as they greeted him, and students who weren't offering French streamed inside the class room.

When they were settled, he took out his teaching materials, which included a small camera, a lens and other necessary materials. A smile on his face as he faced them once more.

"We are getting to the interesting part of being in cinematography class peeps. Buckle up." With that, he began his lecture on different parts of a camera, calling each student to Identify a part.

After the students were taught of several parts of a camera and their function, he set down the camera and marker.

"Class captain?" He called smugly, satisfied that he did a good work last class.

An unamused, annoyed Jiki walked out, sending daggers Chimdi's way. TJ smiled as she stuck out her tongue at Jiki.

She is a cute thing. He mused.

He shook it off.

"Did you compile the list of everyone in class?" Corp Morris cut him off his reverie.

Jiki nodded.

"I want everyone to be shared in group of two. Except you of course, you are to work with me and supervise the class." he nodded again.

The class was getting rowdy and TJ out of boredom tried to look around his class once more.

Everyone still looked strange, well except Chimdi and Jiki and one of Abike's friends who was nameless to him at the moment.

Everyone talked in hushed whispers, while Corp Morris still spoke to Jiki who was his only friend. So far as he was concerned, his relationship with Chimdi was strictly on Enemy level.

He still got the wannabe lusty looks girls in his class passed his way, in fact, looks weren't the only things passed. Phone numbers, names and hateful glares from guys were passed his way.

And he knew better than stir trouble. He knew what bullying was all about with boys, especially on marking girlfriend or crush territory.

Deciding to not acknowledge the girls and glares, he settled for listening, which led him to find out that many girls were in the class for the teacher's looks, something about a TalkNaija blog that focused on teen celebrities in the school and of course, how a certain girl's leg looked in her recent recent post.

Yeah, he decided to stop there. The informations were getting too personal for him.

Corp Morris finally acknowledged the students after his long talk with Jiki.

Clearing his troat, which was a weak attempt to call the students to order. He hit his desk and that did it. The class was once again calm.

"Okay peeps, your class captain will paste your names and partners in the next class and you all get your surprises too." He gave them a wink, causing the female students to swoon, making strange girly sounds.

"Come prepared next class. I'll see you, when I see you. Good day class." And with that, he left the class. Leaving the female students to sing his praise .

--

"Gentry! Make use of that body of yours!"

"Your hands and legs, let them lead you!"

"You could have done better if you'd just put your body in good use!"

The scolding went on and on. The voices kept replaying in Chimdi's head as she tried hard to beat a classmate during swim practice.

Silently, she cussed her mother for making her enroll into the school's swim program. She wasn't even good.

Ever since some celebrity gym instructor mentioned swimming as a way of keeping fit with immediate results, Ginika Gentry was quick to change her daughter's P.E class from Track to Swimming.

Chimdi struggled, just like she did the last four rounds to outswim Chuks Ifeka, who was second to Jiki and besting her with just five to ten seconds, but all went to no avail.

"Stretch those legs Gentry! They aren't for fancy!!" Miss Fiku, the slightly built swim coach shouted again for the umpteenth time, from above.

Chimdi tried hard, her joints hurt like they were about to be dislocated. But she tried, thrusting forward, just like Miss Fiku said.

She heard Jiki reassure her, which motivated her further.

But when the timer went off. That was, few seconds before she tapped the tile's surface, Chuks was already wiping his face, giving her a sympathetic smile and beating her with just three seconds.

"Three seconds Gentry! Just three seconds. All it would have taken was just putting those legs and arms into good use!" Miss Fiku bellowed as usual, making all eyes to be directed at her.

Chimdi was trying to take it all in, she already had enough. She was tired of everyone telling her what to do, of everyone making assumptions and false conclusions.

Her mind went to TJ, wondering what nerve he had to make such assumption. In just a day, he'd already come to a wrong conclusion. She was fed up with everyone having silly views about her life.

"Your Moth..."

"Stop!" Chimdi cut her short, not knowing when the word spilt out.

Different sounds of Mad oo filled the air.

"Goodness. Just stop. I'm sick and tired of you complaining about my legs and arms! I'm not a thing and neither am I a robot to take on orders like I feel no pain. My arms and legs hurt like hell and all you care about is three seconds?" She stared at her swim coach in defeat. Knowing fully well all actions were courtesy of her Mother.

"You know what, I'm done. Why not make me drink up the pool. Who knows, I might be faster if I float!"

Throwing her ID on the floor, she carried her bag, making her way to the exit.

And leaving her mates no other option than picking imaginary jaws.

--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 2.6K 39
What is your spec? I mean those qualities you desire your future partner to possess? Definitely not being way below in the social ladder right? Espec...
177K 34.4K 50
****A Wattpad Featured Novel**** • • • (Book one) Many of us, have read lots of books and watched lots of movies, abo...
856K 48.7K 51
"The reason we can't let go of someone is because deep inside, we still have hope." Then, let go. That so-called hope, it's destroying you. "It was...
120K 25.1K 37
A Nigerian Teen-Fiction. Zaria Coker had every reason to be called perfect; Straight As, awesome friends, and a face that can make anyone bend to her...