Pokémon Indigo League (Altern...

By YoungHopeProductions

(Still don't own Pokemon or the anime) Ash Ketchum, a young boy from Pallet Town in the Kanto region starts h... More

Beginnings and Origins!
Pokemon I Choose You
Pokemon Emergency
Birds, Bugs and Samurai, Oh my
Cleffa,an Egg and the Moon Stone
The Water Flowers of Cerulean City
The Path to the Pokemon League
The School of Hard Knocks
Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village
Charmander, The Stray Pokemon
Here Comes the Squirtle Squad
Mystery at the Lighthouse
Electric Shock Showdown
Battle Aboard the S.S. Anne
Tentacool and Tentacruel
The Ghost of Maiden's Peak
See You Soon Butterfree
Lavender Tower and Power
Aura and Psychic Showdown
Time for the Water Wars
Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden
Honorary Char & the Raging Ape
Pokemon Scent-Sation
Hypno's Naptime
Pokemon Fashion Flash
Gringey City and Digging Digletts
The Ninja Poke-Showdown
Big Race, Reserves and The Safari
Prehistory and Evolutionary
Showdown at Dark City
The Battling Eevee Brothers
Holy Matrimony
Who Gets The Toge-Twins?
Volcanic Panic
Battle of The Badge
Pokemon Leagues & New Friends

Showdown in Pewter City!

10.3K 193 148
By YoungHopeProductions

(< > Is the translation of pokemon's speech , [ ] is the pokedex and bold are thoughts)

Ash and his pokemon has finally arrived in Pewter City, Ash looks at the horizon while standing on a stone on the cliff.

"There it is Pichu. Pewter City." Ash breathed, Pichu looked in awe.
"Hey Ash!" Ash heard that familiar voice and internally screamed. It was Misty carrying a burnt bike and shouts
"Why did you leave me behind?! Thanks to you leaving me, a Voltorb attacked me and broke my bike!"

Ash flinches, but is now getting a bit used to Misty's screams and yells, he turns to her.
"You made fun of Caterpie and I didn't ask you to travel with me. I have a right to travel alone." Ash was right. He never objected before Misty insulting Caterpie because she didn't do anything annoying or bad yet.

"Hey! Quit squabbling! And you're standing on the merchandise kid." A male husky voice called out. The two see a tanned man in a red beanie, a beard, a tank top and jeans.
"Sorry sir. I didn't know I was doing that." Ash apologizes to the man, stepping off the stone.
"You sell rocks?" Misty asked.
"Pewter City souvenirs. Wanna buy some?" The man confirmed, Ash shook his head and says. "No thank you. Can you help me and Pichu to the pokemon center though?"

The man nods and replies "Sure. By the way, the name's Flint. Oh and standing on merchandise has a two dollar fee, but you clearly have never been here and didn't know it was my product so you don't have to pay. Follow me."

They arrive in the pokemon center, Ash having his pokemon healed sees the Pokemon Regional Championship Poster and has a soft smile.
"If I recall, Pewter City has a Rock type gym.." Ash says to himself.
"You're correct." Flint says, startling Ash, he apologizes, to which Ash forgives him for, which Flint continues with
"No offense, but I doubt that little Pichu of yours will be beat Brock and his pokemon."

Ash looks a bit offended and says "That's why before I challenge it, I'm going to train."
Flint nods, saying that's a smart move, but he still has his doubts.

After Ash's pokemon are healed, he immediately gets to training Pichu and Pidgey, having Pichu learn Dig, Double Team, Iron Tail and Rain Dance while Pidgey learning Steel Wing, Double Team, and Sky Attack, still thankful pokemon can learn any amount of moves, but doesn't object to the certain amount of moves used in official battles.After all, no one likes a cheater.

While he was at it, he did some training with Caterpie, making special strategies he can use with String Shot and Electroweb and some training with Farfetch'd, having him learn Agility.

After 4 hours of training, they head to the forest, as the gym was closed for the night now.

Ash wanted to find some interesting pokemon or other sights and he finds a house. He normally wouldn't spy, but he was curious and low and behold, it was Brock, the Pewter City gym leader acting like a mother to ten kids, helping a girl with a ripped skirt.

I think those are his siblings. Man, he's really good at multitasking. Having to take care of ten kids and run a gym? That has to be tiring.

Ash thought with a look of sympathy on his face, he headed back to the poke center and rested.
The next morning, he heads to the gym.

"So. You're a new challenger I see?" Brock said, sitting in what made Ash thought was similar to a throne.
Ash nods. Brock looks at the Pichu behind him in surprise.

"A shiny Pichu? Those are rare. While Pichu is in it's cutest stage, it can't win." Brock said, Ash nearly got mad , but quickly calmed himself down.
"You should never underestimate someone." Ash warned calmly, Brock nodding.

The referee came in and announced
"The battle between Brock the Gym Leader and Ash the challenger shall begin. Both sides may only use two pokemon each. The battle will continue until all of the pokemon on one side are unable. Only the challenger may substitute pokemon. Battle begin!"

Brock sends out Geodude and Ash sends out Pidgey. Brock was surprised that Pidgey was shiny, but he also had a look of disappointment.

"Don't you know that-"
"Flying types aren't the best against Rock types? Yes I do, but a bird like pokemon like my Pidgey can learn this strategy. Pidgey, go for combo DTSW/45!" Ash ordered.

The Pidgey nods and uses Double Team, making multiple copies. Geodube kept using Rock Slide, but they keep missing, then Geodude gets hit with Steel Wing and Sky Attack, knocking it out .

"Geodude is unable to battle! Pidgey wins!" The referee called, Brock had a shocked look on his face and both trainers called back their pokemon, Brock sends out Onix and Ash sends out Pichu.

"Pichu, combo DTDIR!" Ash said and Pichu uses Double Team, Onix tries to use Bind, but only hits two of the double teams and the rest uses Dig, the real Pichu hits Onix with Dig and uses Iron Tail and hits the final blow.

"Onix is unable to battle! Pichu is the winner and the victory goes to Ash the challenger!"
Brock was clearly in shock, he lost to a Pidgey and a Pichu?!

Ash was petting and congratulating his pokemon.
"I won't lie Ash. I'm impressed. You trained you pokemon very well." Brock said, Ash blushes in modesty.
"I try.."

"You certainly earned this. The Boulder Badge." Brock hands Ash the badge along with a TM and a TR.
"The TM is Rock Slide and the TR is Stone Edge." Brock explained.
Ash nods and takes the items and money.

The two headed to the pokemon center, Ash not knowing Misty saw that match and she was just as surprised as Brock was. However , when Ash went outside, being alone with only his pokemon , they ran into Gary.

"Well well well, if it isn't Ashy boy? I thought you gave up and ran away for home?" Gary taunted, making Ash uncomfortable while his Pichu and Pidgey glared at him.

"A shiny Pidgey?Hah! No matter, let's have a double battle!" Gary demands, throwing out a Wartortle and Raticate.
Ash took out his pokedex.

[Wartortle, the Turtle Pokemon and the evolved form of Squirtle. The tail is covered with a rich fur. It stores air in the fur before taking extended dives underwater.]

Ash went to Raticate.

[Raticate, the Mouse Pokemon and the evolved form of Rattata. Its hind feet are webbed. They act as flippers, so it can swim in rivers and hunt for prey.]

Ash sighs and mutters "Let's get this over with."
Pichu and Pidgey creams Wartortle and Raticate with Sky Attack and Thunderbolt and now they evolved into Pikachu and Pidgeotto.
Ash was excited.

[Pikachu, the Mouse Pokemon and the evolved form of Pichu.When several of these Pokémon gather, their electricity could build and cause lightning storms. This Pikachu is level 28 and has the moves Thunderbolt, Iron Tail, Electro Ball, Volt Tackle, Dig, Double Team, Quick Attack, Brick Break, Thunder Punch, Thunder Wave, Protect and Surf.]

Ash was surprised at Surf.
Maybe my pokedex glitched?
He went to Pidgeotto.

[Pidgeotto, the Bird Pokemon and the evolved form of Pidgey. This Pokémon is full of vitality. It constantly flies around its large territory in search of prey. This Pidgeotto is now level 23 and has the moves Sky Attack,Twister, Quick Attack, Aerial Ace, Air Slash, Brave Bird, Hurricane, Roost, Heat Wave,and U-Turn.]

Gary was shocked and ticked. He stomped to the pokemon center in anger. Brock and Misty saw the whole battle and was also shocked about Ash's pokemon.
Flint went over, taking off his beanie and his beard revealing to be fake.
"My father." Brock said in anger.

"So, he's a good for nothing father who left town and never came back?" Ash asked, secretly reading Brock's mind.
Flint and Brock talked things out and Brock bombarded Flint with the things he needs to learn, while that was happening, he sent Ho-Oh over to Professor Oak, who was more comfortable around being around the Kanto region, as long as she can still fulfill her duties

Luckily, Oak was very understanding and agreed to the terms. He even contacted his Unovian friend. We see he has dirty blond hair with a bit of a green shade, the same grey blue eyes as one of Ash's own eyes and wearing a dark purple shirt. His name was Trip
(I don't care, you saw the title of the story that it was very different, deal with him and the oocness of him and Ash people! And it's my story anyways. Don't like it, you don't have to read it, no one will judge as long you arent a jerk about it. Sorry, back to the story)
and was relieved Ash was doing okay.

"So you really won? To both Brock and Gary?" He asks, Ash nods and shows off his Boulder Badge.
"And the battle with Gary made Pichu into a Pikachu and Pidgey into Pidgeotto. " He adds, petting his Pikachu.

"That's awesome Ash! I wish my mon would let me on a journey. I'm already ten and she won't let me." Trip complained with a bit of a pout.
"Don't worry, someday, we'll travel together, right?" Ash said.
Trip smiles and says "Of course, I gotta go, call me when you get to Cerulean. " and the call then ends.

Ash walks down the path to Mt. Moon and he notices Brock is following him and Brock asks
"Ash, is it okay if I travel with you?"
This took Ash by surprise, the thought about it for a bit and asks "Why?"
Brock explains that he can be of help to Ash, his dream of becoming a pokemon breeder and that he wants to see the world.

Ash thinks about it, he hadn't told Brock about his Autism and he didn't want to be bullied for it, then again, Brock has ten brothers and sisters. Maybe he understands and maybe he can help Ash gain confidence. Ash then nods and explains that he has Asperger's.

Brock was very understanding, two of his siblings are actually on the Autistic Spectrum, so he knows how to help in anyway.
Ash finally says "You know..I don't mind you joining."
Brock smiles and says "Don't worry, you can trust me. By the way, who's that orange haired girl that keeps following you?"

Ash turns to see Misty and he looks a little annoyed.
"You still have to pay for my bike Ash Ketchum!"
Ash covered his ears from Misty's yell and Brock tries to calm her down. She explains the incident where after leaving her, a Voltorb attacked and destroyed her bike.

"So he leaves, who never asked to travel with you and a Voltorb, who doesn't belong to him attacks you and had your bike destroyed and you're blaming him?" Brock asked in disgust.
"You should've been more careful with those pokemon. They're known to explode." Brock scolded.

Misty shouts in her head, Ash reading her mind and he becomes heartbroken when he hears It's not my fault he's an idiotic brat.

Ash then walks off, on the verge of tears, but quickly wipes them off.
Will he prove everyone who doubts him wrong? Will he be good enough?
We'll find out soon enough.
As the journey continues.

End of Chapter Five

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258K 3.1K 38
[Story cover edited by me] Description: Ash is heading back to Pallet Town in Kanto after a crushing defeat with the battle with Alain, making him co...
18.2K 752 13
A team and a partner that was all a trainer needed but what if that very own team and the partner Ash had for years, suddenly decided that he wasn't...
17.2K 290 50
Ash Ketchum is a boy who Dream to become a Explorer Master he also lives in Altomare of Canal Town with his little sister Molly and and his big siste...
33.7K 489 10
After ash's loss in the kalos league finals, he comes home only to have his mother, professor oak and his "friends" attempt to stop his dream ending...