Take Your Heart,Golden Wind

By Elyion22

Taking place after Vento Aureo,Giorno decides to take a vacation on Japan.But as evil rises and the Phantom T... More

A Thief meets A Gang-Star
Gold Experience Requiem
A Crime Boss's Change of Heart
Let's Hang Out!
Vote Close
What Life Do You Choose? (Part 1)
What Life Do You Choose? (Part 2)
I Am Alibaba
This Place Is My Grave
The Days When My Mother Was There
A Well Deserved Break

Out of The Shell

1K 15 15
By Elyion22

JJBA x Persona 5 Fanfic

Part 19

TIMESKIP

Sunday,August 21

Meanwhile,Akira gets up and heads downstairs.

"Isn't today our deadline for dealing with Medjed?Futaba's still asleep too...This won't be good."Morgana said.

"Hey."Sojiro said.

"What's up?"Akira said.

"There's something I came to do.Today's the day Wakaba passed.I do this every year."Sojiro said as he placed a cup of coffe on the table.

"Here.I've got a cup for you too."Sojiro said as Akira sits down and drinks his coffee.

"Futaba reminds me of her mother.She's a smart girl.Doesn't just go with the flow,either.Wakaba...your work and your kid were so fulfilling for you...why'd you have to die so suddenly?That reminds me,you saw me talking to that prosecutor-I mean,that woman in a suit,right?I remembered you were bothered by it.She might come back,so I guess I should tell you about it.She was trying to get information on Wakaba's research out of me."Sojiro said.

"That's what we heard in the Palace."Morgana said.

"You don't know what the research was about.Just know there was some trouble around it.Obviously,Wakaba got dragged into that as well.Now,they ruled her death a suicide...but I've got my doubts."Sojiro said.

"Doubts?Could she have been killed?"Morgana asked.

"Supposedly,there were people who wanted to take her research and use it for their own benefit.Don't get me wrong though,I don't have a lick of evidence.That's why I haven't told Futaba any of this.I don't want to cause her any trouble.It was right before Wakaba's death when she told me,"I think I might die."I thought it was just a joke but if only I had taken her seriously...That's another reason I took Futaba in...Redemption.She went through such horrible things.Those heartless adults yelling at the poor girl.Hey...how do you heal emotional scars?"Sojiro asked.

"They'll heal on their own eventually."Akira said.

"I agree.I'm waiting for it to happen but..."Sojiro stops talking as he hears his door open.To his surprise,it was Futaba.

"Futaba?!"Sojiro said.

Futaba made no reply and immediately sat on a chair and sipped a cup of coffee.

"It's cold."Futaba said.

"Huh?"Sojiro said.

"You can't sell this!"Futaba said.

"N-Never mind that...How did you get here?"Sojiro asked.

"Uh...I walked."Futaba said.

"You're ok?!"Sojiro said.

"Was that bad?"Futaba said.

"Th-That's not it!I'm just surprised to see you going outside."Sojiro said.

"Um...I'm sorry I worried you."Futaba said.

"It's all right."Sojiro said.

"By the way,what's the date today?"Futaba asked.

"Eh?It's,uh...it's the 21st.Hang on,let me check the calendar."Sojiro said

Sojiro then goes at the back to find the calendar.

"Hmm,I feel like I'm forgetting something."Futaba said.

"Medjed."Akira whispered.

"Huh?Oh,right.Let's take care of it now.Come."Futaba said and Akira nods.

After a while,Akira and Futaba are at Futaba's room and Futaba is working on her computer.

"It's my turn to help out.Hmph."Medjed."How do we cook them?"Futaba asked.

"It's up to you."Akira said and Futaba smirked.

"Roger that."Futaba said as she begins pressing one of the keys on the keyboard.

A few minutes later,Futaba is still working on her computer.

"You're just tapping away over there.Are you sure this will work?"Morgana asked.

"Mhm."Futaba said.

"Hey,Futaba!"Morgana said but Futaba made no reply.

"I don't think she can hear me.Talk about intense concentration."Morgana said.

"Yeah."Akira said.

A few hours later,Akira and Morgana are sleeping as Futaba works on her computer.Then Futaba yawns and stretches her arms.

"I'm doooooooneeee!"Futaba said.

"Wh-What's up?Something happened?"Morgana asked and then Futaba brings out a pillow and sleeps again.

"She's sleeping?Well,it looks like it's been taken care of.I guess we should get home and sleep too."Morgana said and Akira nods.

The next day,Akira wakes up and he hears Sojiro calling him.

"Hey,Akira.Your friends are down here."Sojiro called.

"Coming."Akira said.

Akira later comes downstairs to find his friends waiting for him.

"Buon Giorno,Akira."Giorno said.

"Yo,you look tired."Ryuji said.

"We've made ourselves at home."Ann said.

"Hm?Hey,guys.Look."Giorno said and they all turn their attention to the TV.

"Late last night,it was discovered that someone has tampered with the hacker group Medjed's website.The site's main page now displays what is thought to be the mark belonging to the Phantom Thieves.Moreso,the personal information of a Japanaese man,a possible Medjed member,was illegally publicized."The TV reporter said.

"Aren't these the guys people have been up in arms now?"Sojiro asked.

"Medjed has yet to issue an official reply.Furthermore,their previously announced cleanse of Japan has remained unimplemented for now.Some speculate that they have taken this series of events seriously and ultimately canceled their plan."The TV reporter said and the Phantom Thieves smirk in amusement.

"What are you all smirking about?"Sojiro asked.

"Nothing."Akira said.

"Well stop it.You're gonna drive away all my customers."Sojiro said.

"But there ain't any customers."Ryuji said.

"Can it.My customers are on summer vacation too."Sojiro said.

"Oh man!I just realized that our break's almost over!"Ryuji said.

"There are still 10 days left."Yusuke said.

"I wanna go somewhere but we can't just leave Futaba-chan alone."Ann said.

"Agreed."Giorno said.

"Some things still concern me too,like the "research"."Makoto said.

"Research?About cognition?"Giorno said.

"How do you know about that?"Makoto asked.

"While I had a chat with Akechi,he was telling me about how his theory about the Phantom Thieves' work.He believes that the Phantom Thieves' work is through cognition.The way people change their hearts,admitting their wrongdoings in front of people out of nowhere.He believes that it's all cognition.And to tell you the least,he kept talking about it nonstop."Giorno said.

"Sheesh.Is that guy really obssessed on finding out who they are?"Ryuji asked as the door to the cafe opened,revealing Futaba.

"Oh!Did you just get up?"Sojiro said and Futaba nods.

"Good morning."Makoto said and Futaba hides behind Akira's back.

"It seems she's cautious of us."Yusuke said.

"How about we go upstairs?She'll be even more scared if there are more customers."Giorno asked.

"Why don't you go with them,Futaba?Have fun."Sojiro said.

Later,everyone is upstairs talking while Futaba is eating a snack.

"To think the cognitive version of person would transform into such a horrible monster and attack us."Yusuke said.

"That would mean that we aren't limited to Shadows."Giorno said.

"I thought the other people were just victims like the slaves at the castle or the walking ATMs."Ann said.

"Even though they seem to be alive,they're only part of the backdrop...the environment.In other words,the Palace ruler determines the form and strength of their cognition.I would have loved to ask Futaba's mother how far along she was with her research."Makoto said.

"Research,huh."Ryuji said.

"If we all put all of the information we've gathered up to this point,abuse of cognition psience can lead to death and it may even relate to the psychotic breakdown incidents."Makoto said.

"And it may relate to the person with the black mask."Giorno said.

"True.After all,he may be the one causing the psychotic breakdowns.But we still don't know how.Moving on,considering the "cognitive" aspect,I sense a strong connection between it and the Metaverse."Makoto said.

"On top of that,the research might have been stolen and used by someone else."Morgana said.

"You mean those guys that showed Futaba-chan the fake suicide note."Ann said.

"If that is the case,those people are unforgivable."Yusuke said.

"Do you remember anything else,Futaba?"Makoto asked but Futaba just stood up and walked downstairs to get food again.

"She is quite difficult."Makoto said.

Then,Futaba comes back with cup noodles and she eats it.

"That smell.."Giorno said.

"C'mon,no fair."Ann said.

"Hey,can I snag a bite?"Ryuji asked and Futaba shakes her head in reply.

"Meanie."Ryuji said.

"Why don't we take a short break?"Giorno asked.

"Good idea."Makoto said.

Later,Akira makes some curry for everyone and they began to eat.

"I've been thinking...even if Futaba is a genius,could she really crush an international hacker organization that easily?"Makoto asked.

"The one who taunted the Phantom Thieves was a guy in Japan.I knew the Medjed members in Japan weren't anything special,so I wasn't worried."Futaba said.

"How do you know that?"Ann asked.

" 'Cause I'm the founder."Futaba said,shocking everyone.

"Um...what do you mean?Should we take that literally?"Makoto asked.

"Yep.It was only me at first back when I was referred to as the hacker of justice.But since I stayed anonymous,a buncha guys from all over the world started using the name."Futaba said.

"And they used your identity and committed those cybercrimes?"Giorno asked and Futaba nods.

"It was a hassle to expose all of them,so I just left them be."Futaba said.

"I see."Giorno said.

"You should've told us from the start,Futaba."Ryuji said.

"I discarded the Medjed name a while ago.I'm Alibaba now."Futaba said.

"Futaba,what do you want to do now?Since you know our secret,we'd like you to join our team."Makoto said.

"Okay."Futaba said.

"Just like that?"Ann asked.

"This may even ensure our investigation of Mementos goes along smoothly."Giorno said.

"Well...I guess."Morgana said.

"Well,Futaba's real amazing!She's gonna be a big help for us,huh?"Ryuji said.

"Say,Futaba.How did you find out about us?"Makoto asked.

"Secret."Futaba said.

"Where did you learn to hack?"Giorno asked.

"Private."Futaba said.

"When did you obtain the Nav?"Akira asked.

"I refuse to answer."Futaba said.

"Futaba-chan sure is unique...still,it'll be a problem if she doesn't open up to us some more."Ann said.

"We should try to communicate normally with her,at least."Giorno said.

"Agreed."Yusuke said.

"What should we do?"Makoto asked.

"How about...getting to know her?"Akira asked.

"How?"Ann asked.

"First,we'll need to help her open up to us.If we each spend an entire day with her,maybe she'll get more used to being around us."Makoto said.

"I see.We do have the time,thanks to the summer vacation."Yusuke said.

"We can begin tomorrow."Makoto said.

"Let's go to the beach!There'll be tonsa people there,plus we got totally dried out in that desert."Ryuji said.

"That's a great idea!I forgot I haven't gone to the beach yet!"Ann said.

"Uh,excuse me."Futaba said.

"I'll come by tomorrow.See you then."Makoto said.

"Let me help out as well.I don't have anything planned."Yusuke said.

"Thanks.We can set a schedule with everyone else depending on when they're free."Makoto said.

"OK!"Ann said.

"The beach,huh?It's actually my first time going to one."Giorno said.

"Really?You've never been to the beach before?Well,I guess this should be fun for the both of us!"Ann said and Giorno smiles.

"Yeah."Giorno said.

After a while,everyone head home leaving Akira,Futaba and Morgana behind.

"Can I really do this?"Futaba asked.

"Good luck."Akira said.

Futaba steps forward to Morgana and pinches him.

"Why me?!"Morgana said.

Later,it's nighttime and Akira receives a text message from his friends.

Ryuji:Hey I heard some people talking about us on the train home!They were saying how awesome they think the Phantom Thieves are!"

Ann:I've heard them too!It's becoming a huge topic of conversation.

Giorno:To be fair,the casualties from a Medjed attack would have been massive.

Yusuke:It's no surprise they revere us for preventing it.

Akira:Good to hear.

Makoto:Yeah,it's really all thanks to Alibaba.You were really a great help.

Futaba:It was nothing.

Ann:Oh,that reminds me...remember that stuff about ATMs and banks just stopping?That wasn't Medjed isn't it?

Futaba:Nope.That was totally separate.

Makoto:So people were overreacting to mere coincidence?

Futaba:Either that or those rumors were never true to begin with.

Yusuke:Hm,you seem to be quite talkative in these conversations.

Futaba:Is that so?I'll shut up then.

Futaba:😡

Yusuke:?

Futaba:>:c

Ann:I don't think I got it but I think she's angry.

Ryuji:You gotta apologize,Yusuke.

Yusuke:Me?Why?

Futaba:U

Yusuke:🤨

Akira then closes his phone.

"Hey,is this really going to be ok?I'm worried about how things will be from now on."Morgana asked.

"I'm sure it will be."Akira said.

TIMESKIP

(Play Persona 5 OST-New Beginning)

Meanwhile at the beach,Akira,Giorno,Ryuji,and Yusuke are waiting for Ann,Makoto and Futaba.

"Man it's packed."Ryuji said.

"Sorry for the wait!"Ann said as she and Makoto arrive and they are already in their bikinis.

Giorno blushed as he saw Ann wearing her bikini and Ann laughed as she noticed this.

"Ahahahahaha!Got a better opinion of me now,Giorno?What's wrong?Cat got your tongue?"Ann said as she wraps her shoulder around Giorno and punches his abs lightly.

"U-Uh,well,it's because it's my first time seeing you in a bikini."Giorno said.

"Are we missing one?"Akira asked.

Makoto turns around and sees Futaba walks out of the changing room,and she is wearing a bikini and a towel is wrapped around her face.

"This is perfect!"Futaba said as she blindly walks at different directions.

"There's nothing perfect about that.Stay still for a second.You'll be just fine."Makoto said as she unwraps the towel around Futaba's face.

Later,the team gathers around a spot.

"It's so hoooooot!"Ryuji said.

"Well,we're in a beach.What do you expect?"Giorno said.

"There's a lot of people here.Are you ok,Futaba?"Makoto asked.

"I-I'm fine.You guys are here."Futaba said.

"It's almost lunchtime."Ann said.

"Why don't we eat lunch too?"Giorno asked.

"I'll go get us some stuff then."Ryuji said.

Futaba then grabs something from her bag and takes out another bowl of instant ramen.

"You're eating that even here?!"Yusuke said.

"My staple food."Futaba said.

Later,The Phantom Thieves bought some food.

"This should be a familiar flavor,yet how does it taste so good?"Yusuke said.

"What's up Makoto?You ain't eatin' much."Ryuji said.

"Do you want me to buy something for you?"Akira asked.

"N-No.It's fine."Makoto said.

"You guys just don't get it do you?When a girl's in a swimsuit,she wants to look as slim as possible.Still,you're worrying too much.Did you make sure to eat breakfast?"Morgana asked.

"Mona lacks tact."Futaba said.

"So,what do we do now?Should we play some beach volley?"Ryuji asked.

"Oh,sorry.Us girls already made plans to ride a banana boat.As for me and Giorno,we'll be doing a bunch of couple stuff after we ride the banana boat."Ann said.

"We could rent a three-person one.Sorry."Makoto said.

"Giorno!You should come with us so that we can head straight to our date!"Ann said.

"Sure.Bye guys.Make sure you watch out for our stuff."Giorno said as he and the girls leave,while Ryuji pouts.

"That Giorno.Thinks he's all lucky and stuff.Why can't I get a girlfriend like him?"Ryuji said.

"That,I've been wondering.."Morgana said.

"That reminds me,Akira.Are you and Makoto dating?"Yusuke asked making Akira spit out his soda.

"What gives you that idea?"Akira said.

"Cuz you 2 keep hanging out after school,that's why."Ryuji said.

"Oooh,I think someone's jealous!"Morgana said.

"Shut up!Aren't you jealous of Giorno dating Ann?"Ryuji said.

"Th-That's not true!"Morgana said.

TIMESKIP

Later,it's dawn and the team gathers around at the view of the beach.

"I loved my mom.I wanted to become like her.How she'd work late at night.How she'd wake up early and make me a boxed lunch everyday.How she'd do her best to further her research.How she'd scold me for peeking at her notes."Futaba said.

"Cognitive psience."Akira said.

"Then you mother's research was.."Makoto stops talking.

"The cognitive world can become distorted through desires.If it becomes distorted,a person begins exhibiting problematic behavior in reality.The cognitive world disappears when you remove its core and further problematic actions stop."Futaba said.

"Isn't that about Palaces?"Ann asked.

"All I thought about was my mom.I was trapped in a cognitive labyrinth.There was nothing I could do by myself."Futaba said.

"That's why you asked us to steal your heart?That's a huge jump in logic in so many ways!"Ryuji said.

"I'll be honest.Changing people's hearts isn't my goal.I want to learn what happened to my mom.The reason why she was killed."Futaba said.

"Killed?"Yusuke said.

"It was written in her notes.Should the self in the cognition world die,the self in the real world would lose consciousness." Futaba said.

"Lose consciousness?Wait...don't tell me that's somehow connected to the mental shutdowns."Giorno said.

"I don't know.But,right before my mom died she didn't seem right.No matter how much I talked to her,she wouldn't answer back.And she didn't jump into the road.It was more like she collapsed.So I investigated her notes.I read books,searched for some articles online...I even snuck into the networks of various research labs to look at their classified data."Futaba said.

"So that's why you're good at hacking.What kind of brain do you have?"Ryuji asked.

"But,I didn't figure anything out.My mom's research was nowhere to be found.She was killed someone and her research was treated like it never existed.I bet it was those adults in black suits who read the fake suicide note.I'll never forgive them."Futaba said.

"Futaba..."Ann said.

"Missing research data on cognitive psience.Maybe..."Giorno said.

"Yeah.It maybe related to the "man in a black mask" that Kaneshiro mentioned.And it seems my big sister has been looking into the mental shutdown cases for a while.It's hard for me because it feels like I'm betraying her.But her findings may be beneficial."Makoto said.

"I realized something.If I stay with you guys,I think I can find out more about that world.And then I'll avenge Mom's murder.It's really a personal reason why I want to join you.Is that fine?Or would I just be a dead weight?"Futaba asked.

"If anything,you're dependable.Right,Mona?"Ryuji asked.

"Why are you looking at me?Are you trying to say I'm inadequate?"Morgana said.

"Not especially,I didn't say anything about you being useless."Ryuji said.

"Look at me and say that,monkey!"Morgana said.

"What was that?"Ryuji said and Makoto sighs.

"That's what our Phantom Thieves are like,but I hope we get along."Makoto said.

"Thank you!But man,I never dreamed that the rumored Phantom Thieves would be so close!"Futaba said.

"Same goes for you.To think you're a Metaverse researcher's daughter....such a mysterious fate.You've got the right stuff!"Morgana said.

"Should we get going then?"Akira asked.

"Yup!!Let's go home!"Futaba said as they head out of the beach and went home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 289 8
AU where Doppio is one person and Diavolo is his brother. There's not going to be Stands or the events of Vento Aureo so I'm sorry about that but cha...
58.7K 1.9K 20
No words can describe what she felt when she travels with Bruno Bucciarati and his team. In fact, she is silent - a mute. Even if she doesn't utter a...
91 1 4
𝓘'𝓶 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓾𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮 (𝓯𝓾𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮) 𝓐𝓲𝓷'𝓽 𝓯𝓾𝓬𝓴𝓲𝓷 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓹𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓽 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓘'𝓶 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓻...
6.7K 235 13
AU: College, where everyone is around the ages of 18-20, no one is a stand user Y/N finally gets into college, a month late after a few complications...