Out Of Sight, Always In Mind!

By DoctorWhoWrites

Keya Sharma was orphaned at ten, but her life only shattered after the death of her brother. She was brought... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
SAM's Story
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 : The Party Begins
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 : Part 1
Chapter 20 : Part 2
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 : The Facebook Freud
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 : Part 1
Chapter 24 : Part 2
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 : ..and they said It! <3
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 : Simran Speaks
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Teaser :: Chapter 36
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 : Part 1
Chapter 42 : Part 2
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45 : Part 1
Chapter 45 : Part 2
Chapter 46 :: The Bachelors
Chapter 46 :: Aanya and Raj
Chapter 46 :: Tanya and Krish
Chapter 46 :: Keya and Vivan
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chpt 50 : 100k reads Special!
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55 :: Raj's Reality
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59 - Only If..
Chapter 60
Chapter 61

Chapter 8

3.1K 79 8
By DoctorWhoWrites

Vivan's POV:

After working for an entire day, my brain was surely exhausted. I went into my personal lounge, took out my coat and threw myself on the couch.

"Get some beer.." I told Sahil who had followed me in.

"Sure". He took out two bottles from the freezer and handed one to me and sat on the next couch with the other.

Chilled beer! Nothing can be more relaxing to me. All I wanted to do now is go home and get some sleep.! Oh.. Home?

"Sahil.. What's the update on that villa Dad told me about.. You talked to the owners?"

"Yes Vivan. I told you earlier that we have to go there after office. That company's assistant contacted me. They would be meeting us there. The owner of the house wants to have a word with you."

Oh yeah! He had told me. I shouldn't be forgetting things!

After having two more beers we left.

The complex was situated just twenty minutes away from the office unlike my current house which was like an hour away.

As we reached the outside we were welcomed by a really huge gate and a beautiful garden inside. The roads were clean and there were beautiful gulmohar trees along the entire road.

We passed a left turn. "That road goes to block A and B, the three BHK bungalows." Sahil pointed out. He explained the layout of the complex to me. There were five such left turns which ultimately led to a common road similar to which we were on currently.

Blocks A, B, G, and H were all three BHK bungalows.  

Blocks C, D, E, F had four BHK bungalows.

We took the third left and after passing several bungalows we reached a huge fountain. Beyond the fountain there were the studio houses. There were also two buildings with studio apartments.

We pass the huge playground, basketball court, an amphitheater, the restaurant, when we reached the club house. We had reached the last road, next to which, was the beach. The club house was located by the beach and so was my villa.

When our car pulled in the driveway, I noticed two more cars were already here.

There was a huge lawn in front of the house with landscaping and some garden furniture. I notice two men in suits and a young lady sitting around a white table in the centre of the garden.

We started walking towards them through the stoned pathway. As we went nearer, I was shocked to find out that the young lady was Keya!

"She is the owner of the house", Sahil said noticing the confusion on my face.

What the hell.! Seriously.!!

They got up to greet us.

"Welcome Vivan. I'm Mr. Kapoor.", the older man brought forth his hand. He is the one Dad had told me about.

I shook  his hand, "Nice to meet you Uncle".

"This is Keya. I assume you've already met" he further said.

"Yes we have" I smiled and turned to her.

"Hi" she said plainly. Not in a good mood I suppose.

Mr. Kapoor continued, "This house belongs to Keya and her family but she has been living with me since many past years. Her childhood was spend in this house so it holds many memories of hers. So she wants to have a word with you before you start your stay here. Also will she get you acquainted with the house."

"I will???" Keya asked suddenly.

"Yes dear you will" he said to her calmly.

"Fine" she sighed as if it was the last thing on her she wanted to do.!

"I will take a leave now. Sahil, my lawyer here has all the paperwork ready." Mr. Kapoor pointed to the other man. "I'll send Krish to pick you up".

"Oh that won't be necessary. I'd drop her on my way." I said.

"That would be really kind of you" he said before hugging Keya and leaving.

She stood there disappointedly. What's the matter with this girl?

"So shall we?" I offered her my hand.

"Follow me" she said and walked by me ignoring it.

One thing was sure for now. Keya wasn't an easy chick. I'd have to use the best of my skills for her.

"Alright so let me make one thing clear. Though you would be living in this house, I would always refer to it as MY house! Because it is and always will be. You are just a guest."

She wasn't meeting my gaze. She kept on walking and I simply followed. We entered the house.

The main hall was very big. The house had all classic furniture. Right opposite to the main door were two round stairways which lead to the first floor.

"To the left is the bar and the party lounge. There are some doors which lead to the backyard. To the right is the study next to the dining room and the kitchen. The kitchen also has a road leading to the backside." her voice held no emotions.

She started to move upstairs when I stopped her, "Keya wait.". She stood still and refused to turn to me. "Look at me" I demanded.

"What do you want?" she asked. Something was wrong.

I went around and stood in front of her was shocked to find out that her eyes were moist.

"Hey what's wrong??" I held her shoulders. "Please don't cry."

She did the exactly opposite of what I said and burst out into tears. Perfect! What could be better than crying beautiful girl! Note the sarcasm! I don't know why but I couldn't see her crying.

I took her closer and she hugged me. I moved my hand over her hair and tried to calm her down. I must have hugged countless girls till today but never had a hugged a crying girl. I wanted her to relax I wanted to make her feel better. For the first time ever, I was hugging a girl not for my pleasure but for her to calm down and relax! Vivan Rathod, is that you??

Then I remembered, her childhood memories. She must be missing her family. Her relaxed body began to stiffen and she jerked away from me.

"I.. I'm.. I'm sorry.. I shouldn't have..."

"Sshhh.." I put a finger on her lips, "it's alright.. I can understand. Look Keya .. I promise you I would respect your feelings and take good care of your house.. Please.. Trust me"

What did I just say? Feelings? Care? Trust? So not me!

She took a step away from me and gave a halfway smile, "Thanks.. Sorry for being so rude all the while, it's just that this place means a lot to me.. Am sure you will take care"

I was so happy to hear that she trusted me. Ever since I've seen this girl, weird things are happening to me!

My flirty side again took charge and I offered my hand, "So shall we?". Why! She is going to reject you again!

"Sure" she surprised me and gave her soft hand in mine.

Yes! I win! But the win wasn't prolonged. She left my hand the moment we reached level one.

"The door at the end to the left.. That's the family living room... This will be locked throughout your stay here"

"Hey! Why?", I was confused.

"That was our family room.. OUR.. It still has some of our stuff. You won't be needing it anyway.. Right next to it is another living area.. It's huge and the balcony has a great view there."

"Umm.. Alright" , what else do I say?

She showed me her parents’ bedroom. Then we went to a room which she said would be mine.

"This room was supposed to be my brother's. It's got everything a guy needs. You can get in your own furniture or gadgets obviously. My brother never got to use this room. My parents passed away and so we shifted to the Kapoor Mansion."

"This is nice.. " I said analyzing the room. I could get some modifications done and it would be perfect.

My phone buzzed. I excused myself and went outside. Talking on the phone, I went into the living area which would belong to me. She was right. It was really nice.

I finished the call and returned to where I had left her. She was not in the room. Where did she go? I walked ahead and found a door slightly open. I pushed it and there she was.

This room was smaller than the previous one. It was pink and white. Keya was standing by an open window.

I went and stood next to her, "Let me guess. This was your room?"

"Yes" she said, still staring out of the window.

"You want to keep this room locked then its okay" I said before she could throw another rule at me.

She laughed and I loved it. "No.. I won't keep this locked. You are anytime welcome to stay in this pink room"

Oh smart! She knew I would anyway not use this room.

"I'd love to sleep on the bed where once you slept!" I said winking at her getting cheesy.

She rolled her eyes and I found her rolling eyes at me kind of cute!

"Let's go to level two" she said.

Oh! No comeback line? I simply followed her. Level two had four rooms, a gym, a mini theatre and game room. We went into the balcony and I was mesmerized by the view.

There was a pool, a small garden with well maintained plants, a deck for parties, and swings inside the compound.

But the best part was the beach and the dark blue sea. No wonder the house was so windy. There was also a small out-house inside the compound.

"Beautiful" I whispered.

"I know right?" , she was standing next to me and she was struggling to keep her hair, which were blowing due to the wind, in place.

I loved this house. I was ready to accept any of her conditions.

"Now some final terms. Krish and I love to swim in this pool, we often used to come here and we also will. Also, the out-house can be used by me whenever I need. You surely will be informed priorly. No smoking in this house or the vicinity. If you want to smoke go to the beach. No damage whatsoever to be done to the property. Since you will be staying in the house, you are a resident of the complex too. So you have to follow its rules too, which aren't many, but just informing. So if you accept all this, then we may go down and sign the papers"

Woah girl!! Breathe a little!!

"Fine!!" I said.

"Good" she finally let out a breath.

I can accept all that. I mean it would be fun to swim with her.

"What are you smiling at?" she raised an eyebrow.

I was? "Oh nothing" I lied.

We went down by the elevator this time. The panel showed four levels. Basement, 1, 2 and terrace.

"What's in the basement?" I inquired.

"Oh! Sorry I forgot. It’s the office. My dad often worked from home. You can use it"

"That would really be nice"

We walked outside where Sahil and her lawyer were waiting.

"Liked it?" Sahil called out.

"Loved it man!" I said excitedly.

"I've already signed the papers. You can read em before signing" Keya said.

She then talked to her lawyer and he left.

I was just going to tell her to sit in the car so that we could leave when a golf car entered the gate.

Golf car? Seriously?

"Hey.. Tanya wants us at the amphi now.." the guy riding it called out.

Keya turned to me and said, "Thanks for offering me a ride but I got to go. So I shall see you tomorrow. Have a good night"

"Oh alright. Good night." I tried to hide my disappointment.

She soon left in the golf car with him.

I turned to Sahil and raised both my eyebrows.

"What?? People of the complex use them if they want to travel within the colony. There are twenty such vehicles. If you want I can book one for you", he explained.

"No.. Thank you!", I said. This complex was a different world altogether.

..........................................

Krish's POV:

I returned home with Keya after doing dance rehearsals.

She told me about her day and I told about mine. Except for the mall thing.

I had to tell her somehow, anyhow.

"Keya? I wanted to talk" I said as I opened the windows to the balcony.

"Umm sure, be there in a minute" she replied.

I walked into the balcony and sat on the two-seater swing.

She joined me with a bowl of popcorn.

"Say" she said.

I didn't care of what would happen next. I just had to tell her and so I did. Just like I had told Tanya earlier, I explained everything to Keya.

When I was finished, a tear had escaped her eye.

"Listen Keya.. " before I could explain any further she raised her had indicating me to stop.

She got up and left. No word.

It was over. Maybe she was ne'er going to forgive me. Maybe she ne'er even wants to talk to me. What had I done? But I deserved this I guess.

An hour passed. Keya hadn't returned yet. I guess she would sleep in Sam's room tonight. Or maybe forever now?

But where was she?? She wasn't home when I checked few minutes earlier. I must call her. It has been long now.

Just as I was about to dial her number, the door opened.

..................................

Keya's POV:

It's time to go home, I told myself. I was surely shocked at whatever Krish told me, but I wasn't mad at him.

He had done the right thing by not telling me then but he shouldn't have taken so long. I was hurt that he hid it from me.

So Aarav did have his reasons after all. But that was no way of breaking up. If he loved me truly he would have let me explain. How could he give up on me so easily?

....

The door was already open, so I gave it a slight push and entered. Krish noticed and he was staring at me.

"Didn't sleep?" I asked.

"How could I?? Where were you?! I'm so sorry Keya", he quickly paced to me and held me.

"It’s okay. I'm fine." I whispered.

"It is?", he asked me shocked.

"Yes. Aarav misunderstood me. Maybe it was my fault that I couldn't understand his feelings. But even you know I didn't mean to hurt him. Why did this happen to me?" I started crying.

Krish hugged me. And I felt so much better. I just did not want to talk about it anymore.

The day has been a mixed bag of emotions for me. From the first day of office, to the visit to my house, to the awkward moment with Vivan! And now this! I just wanted to sleep and forget it all.! And as for Aarav, I may be don't hate him now but I can't yet forgive him. If he really loved me, he would have tried to contact me or give me another chance. But he didn't and probably he has moved on now. Just like I have. So I shall just forget about him and ignore him when he returns.

....

Keya's POV:

"Oye madam!! Wake up!!", Krish shouted.

"What the hell.. Go away", I pulled the covers over my head.

"Keya! You got office!!"

I jumped from my bed the moment I heard office. I had so damn forgotten about it.

"It's ten o'clock .. You got an hour to get ready!", he said pushing me towards the bathroom.

"Krish.! I got office at one o'clock today!", I said furiously.

"What?" , he got scared.

"Yes! And now you are going to pay for spoiling my sleep", I smirked.

"No way! You always spoil my mornings. Let's get this even then!" he started moving backwards.

I wasn't letting him get away with this. I started moving towards him moving my fingers in the air.

"Keya.. Even think of it", he was starting to panic.

He knew what I was up to.

"I already have", I smiled wickedly at him and before he could escape, sprang at him.

"Keya nooo", he screamed as I started tickling him.

We fell back on his bed and I was on the top of him ticking him. He was laughing badly as well as begging me to stop. He was sort of crying in between. It was a complete sight.

"You scream like a girl... Do you know that?" I said getting off him and sitting on my bed instead. He was still lying down.

"Shut up" he said catching his breath, "You better run".

I didn't even think for a second before running downstairs. Krish was going to get back at me for sure. He was at the door when I reached the stairs. Instead of the stairs, I used the railing to slide down. I jumped when I reached the end and ran to the backyard. Our backyard was huge and with a lot of furniture. So Krish would find it hard to catch me.

I was dodging him behind the trees and the furniture. I even broke one of the statues in the process. Krish would catch me soon here, so I ran inside through the kitchen door and was relieved to find Mum.

"Mummaa", I shouted as I went around her and used her as a shield.

"Don't hide you brat", Krish ran in.

"Hey hey hey. Stop it you two", Mum said holding Krish.

"Mom she tickled me..!", he finally gave up and stood with his arms crossed.

"Keya..", Mum turned to me, "..How many times do I tell you? How did you tickle him by the way?"

I was getting it what she was up to. She turned to Krish, "Like this?", she asked me as she poked Krish on his stomach, "..Or like this", she used both her hands now.

"Nooo...", Krish shouted and ran again. The chase had reversed. I and Mum were laughing and running behind him now.

Krish finally locked himself in Sam's room.

Mum and I sat on the couch laughing.

"Oh my god! That was fun!", I said giving a high-five to mum.

"I just love it when this house is filled with laughter", mum said.

It was ten minutes since Krish went in. He must have slept inside for sure! I went into my room and decided to do something I hadn't even thought of doing in five years.

I started my laptop and went to Facebook=>Privacy Settings=>Blocked Persons and Pages=>Aarav Shukla=>Unblock.

Alright.! So I blocked him like years ago. I don't know why I was just curious. I was surprised to see that he hadn't blocked me or unfriend-ed me.

His cover picture had a photo of him and Aarya when they were I guess ten years old. I remembered it. I opened his profile picture. He was in formals sitting on his working chair. I clicked on next. The other pic was of him leaning against his car in his vests and shorts. I must say he had improved his physique. He had grown abs and the stubble suited him. He also had a new hairstyle now.

I closed his album and checked the profile. 'Single'.!!

"Keya you are dead", Krish stormed in the room and I shut the laptop close in panic.!

"I'm sorry.. I'm sorry", I said raising my hands in defeat.!

"You will have to pay for this.!", he said making a beeline to the bathroom.

Uh-oh! If Krish would have taken his revenge right now it would have been better because he doing it later will just give him some time to think!!!

God, do save me please!

................................

One more day at the office and it was better than yesterday. We were making some progress as a team and things were turning out good.

Though Vivan was a flirt and I thought he was a jerk, when it came to work, I must say he was a perfectionist. He took interest in the tiniest of details. I would have really liked him if he hadn't tried his cheesy lines on Me.!

I walked to the elevators with Rishi. I and he were bonding really well. He turned out to be a really smart guy too. He made work fun for me.

"Hey Keya.. ", I heard Sahil's voice.

I turned around, "Oh hey.. " .

"Vivan wants to see you..", he said.

"Me? Why?", what now!

"Something regarding the house..", he shrugged.

"Fine..", I said and bid farewell to Rishi before going to Vivan's office with Sahil.

We entered a waiting room before entering his office. The office was empty.

"Where is he?", I inquired.

"In there..", Sahil pointed to the wall covered with mirrors.

I raised an eyebrow while he went and pushed a mirror. It was some sort of secret door which leads to another room.

"Come on in", he invited me.

....................................

Vivan's POV:

I had to ask her out before that guy Rishi did. They were working together and it irritated me to watch em laugh and giggle.

Sahil had gone to get her. I decided to get a beer till then.

I finished a bottle when the door swung open.

"Come on in", Sahil told her I guess.

A few seconds later she walked in. She was scanning the room with amusement.

"Like my space?", I asked in order to get her attention.

She looked at me, "yeah! It's.. It’s awesome. I'm speechless."

Well, finally she is impressed by something of mine.

"Please sit..", I gestured her to sit on the free space next to mine but she preferred sitting on the opposite couch with Sahil.

"So for what have u called me?", she asked.

"Oh yes.. Just to inform that I've signed the papers. I accept all your conditions.", I smirked.

"Oh.. Good for you.. So when do you plan on moving in?", she was showing fake enthusiasm.

"This weekend.."

"Cool", she said playing with a strand of her hair.

Come on Vivan.. Buckle up! And ask her out already!!

"Hey Keya, you know I'm new here and I haven't socialized even once since I came and Sahil is busy this weekend. The only person who can help me out is you.. So would you mind going out with me this weekend?" I talked to the point and tried not to be cheesy, I know by now that she doesn't like it.

"Umm.. Well.. I don't know If I have time..", she said walking towards the window.

Was she trying to reject me?? Not going to happen babes!

"Yes or No?"

"I think.... No!", she smirked at me.

"Well.. Well.. Well.. No one can say No to Vivan Rathod", I tried to be cool and not let my disappointment show.

"Well.. I just did", she was playing with me.

"Not so easily.. Why don't we have a small match?" , I was not going to let her win it anyhow!

"A match? Umm.. Alright.." , she said without giving it a thought .

"Won't you ask what match before accepting?"

"I trust I can beat you in anything", she rolled her eyes!

Feisty! Oh girl! You are mine!

"Basketball!" I said looking into her eyes but pointing towards the end of the room where there was a mini basketball court which could handle one on ones.

"Umm Vivan.. I think.." Sahil wanted to say something when Keya stopped him, "Hey.. Sahil.. It's alright.. You know I Keya Sharma doesn't turn down any challenge"

Sahil just shook his head and I escorted Keya to the court.

"Take care of you skirt", I whispered in her ear before getting the ball.

"You take care of your balls!", she teased back.

I threw the ball at her and she caught it fluently.

She started dribbling the ball and took a few steps ahead. I made a move to attack and take possession of the ball.. But she turned around quickly which made her ponytail slap my face and she escaped my attack and to my surprise scored a basket.!!

"Hey! That was cheating.. You hair hit me!!", I complained.

"Chicken!! That's the lame-est excuse I've ever heard.!!.. Man up and Fight!"

Oh oh! Don't question my manhood!

I quickly grabbed the ball and scored a basket.

"Umm you were saying something babe?", I leaned closer to her.

"The game in on!!", she gave me a fierce look.

We played for the next twenty minutes.

"Alright it's tied now! The person who shoots the next basket, wins!", announced Sahil.

The ball was in her possession. Our eyes met. I had to win this. She started dribbling and moving ahead. I had understood her gameplay by now, so I manage to snatch the ball. But she made it difficult to score a basket. She attacked from the side and graves the ball and moved her hand aside when excruciating pain ran through my body! She elbowed my groin!!!

I stood speechless whereas she scored a basket and started cheering , "I win! I win! I win!!"

"You cheated!!", I mumbled out through the pain.

Both she and Sahil turned to me and shouted, "Oh my god!!".

There was laughter all around.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't do it on purpose. I was just trying to free my hand and it had to pass your .. " She laughed before she could complete.

"You did it on purpose", I frowned and went to rest on the couch.

"Loser", I heard her whisper.

"Vivan.. She didn't do it purposely!", Sahil said.

"I guess I'm the one paying you not her"

Keya interrupted, "Oh please! He is just being fair!!"

"Whatever!", I rolled my eyes. Her habit was so contagious!

Now I get it what Sahil was trying to say before the match, that she was really good at basketball.!

"So Vivan Rathod.. You loss and I win.. So enjoy your weekend alone..", she said adjusting herself in the mirror.

"Not so easily! I strongly believe you pulled out that stunt in the end purposely"

"You are so stubborn", she turned to me, "fine.. I would do you any other favor but go out with you.!"

Okay! So she really didn't want to go out with me!

I will find my ways to change that soon!!

"Help me move!".

"Oh.. Did it hurt so bad that you can't move??", she pouted and Sahil laughed.

"Funny", I frowned, "You will help me set up my room!"

Her smile vanished, "Woah! Do you expect me to pick up furniture??"

"Oh.. Don't worry.. I won't let your delicate body bear so much load.!"

"Yeah we saw it who's delicate!"

"Whatever.. Just help me arrange some personal stuff.. My mum did it for me.. Obviously because it's so not a guy thing.. So I would like if some girl helped me.."

I waited for her reply. I was praying to god!! Please say yes. Please say yes!!

"Okay.. I guess I can do that much.. Plus it's MY house.. So I don't want it to look ugly.."

I let out a breath. Thank God.

"So.. See you tomorrow..", she got up to leave and I got up too. "I'm free in the afternoon."

"I have the day off tomorrow too.. So lunch it is?"

"Oh hello.! Who said about lunch?"

"Oh come on.. ", I was frustrated now!

"Fine fine!!", she reacted.

She said goodbye to Sahil and winked at him. Before walking out she turned around and said, "Vivan? Next time you challenge me.. Make sure you do some homework.. Goodbye!"

This girl has got me on a roll.!! Keya.! What are you doing to me!

..................

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40K 1.9K 36
This is the story of 3 brothers and 3 best friends... What will happen when they collide with each other.  FEMALE LEAD :- Anaya Sharma:-(age-26 year...
19.3K 435 39
What if your internet crush becomes your present? This is a story of a girl named Ahana who is jovial and carefree. She is like a boy named Aryan. He...
22.2K 2K 72
" An Indian story background, but Non - Indians can easily connect with it." Ahana Kapoor and Arhaan Malhotra. Two best friends, who've been together...
861K 31.1K 111
"Listen Dev. I..I am sorry. Please let me explain" I pleaded while taking my steps back. "Sorry? Really? Ms Aasha Sharma" he asked with a smirk. Now...