Bed of Lies : BOOK 1

By WrittenByKalifa

****WARNING; THIS STORY CONTAINS MATURE SCENES***** "Do you ever think of me when you lie? Lie down in your b... More

SIDE NOTE
MEET DIAMONDπŸ’Ž
MEET KENDRICK
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
ADDITIONAL CHARACTERS SO FAR
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Additional Characters
Chapter 24
CHAPTER 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chaper 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
CHAPTER 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Bed of Lies BOOK 2 - OUT NOW!

Chapter 9

10.5K 362 175
By WrittenByKalifa

"Kendrick I can explain", she said.

"I'm waiting", he said.

"I just do this to get through school, help my dad and me", she said. "My dad took it pretty bad after my mom past. I have to help him"

"... but you lied", he said.

"I wanted to tell you so many times Kendrick but I was scared", she said.

"Of what?", he asked.

"That you'd think of me differently", she said.

"Listen... I get it I understand why you kept it a secret. I guess I'm more so just mad that you're doing it... letting other men see my girlfriend's body", he said.

Diamond looks down.

"When do you plan on stopping?", he asked.

"Whenever I graduate", she said.

Kendrick shakes his head. "I don't know about that Diamond. That's too long for me", he said.

"Well this is the only thing getting things done", she said.

"..,I can help", he said.

"No you can't Kendrick", she said.

"Yes I can. I can get actual job instead of my work study. I can help. You just need a regular job", he said.

"It won't work. Kendrick I gotta do what I gotta do. Besides I'm late", she said as she walked away.

"Either you put a two weeks notice in for them or it's done for us. It's your choice", he said.

Diamond paused.

"I can't let the whole city see a body that's mine", he said.

Diamond looks down for a couple seconds and continues to walk in the building as she lifts her head up.

Kendrick got in the car and drove off.

——————————

"You know what I don't even feel bad about cheating no more", Kendrick said as he tossed his keys on his desk.

Dante turned away from his laptop. "What happened?", Dante asked.

"Let's just say she been lying to me all this time", Kendrick said.

"She been talking to somebody else?", he asked.

"No... about her job. Can't really give you the details", Kendrick said.

"Mmm.. so you back on the market?", Dante asked.

"We'll see in two weeks or I don't know maybe less", he said.

"Damn what job is it that got you tense bro?", Dante asked.

"Can't say", he said.

———————————

A few days later and Diamond and Kendrick still haven't talked. It's currently the basketball game.

The referee blows his whistles and calls a foul on Kendrick.

"What ?? I didn't even touch him!", Kendrick shouted.

Diamond watched Kendrick. He's been having a bad game all night. The team was still winning though.

Another player takes Kendrick's spot and Kendrick walks to the bench.

After the other team makes their free throws. The buzzard goes off and it's after the second quarter. The dancer and the cheerleader go on the court as the players walk to the locker room.

As Diamond walks to the court she looks at Kendrick and Kendrick looks at her.

"You got this", she mouthed.

Kendrick rolled his eyes looked away .

Diamond sighed.

—————————

After the game, Diamond got out of the locker room and walked down the hall to arguing. The voices are familiar.

"Well you need to get rid of it", the guy said.

"I.. I can't do that", the girl said.

Diamond walked closer and saw the two. It was Kendrick and Kennedy.

They looked Diamond.

Kendrick looked at Kennedy and said, "so yea, those feelings you got for me. They gotta go"

Kennedy was silent.

Kendrick walked away.

Diamond and Kennedy stood there until Diamond walked away.

"Diamond wait", she said.

Diamond stopped. "Listen. You really need to stay away from my boyfriend. You keep trying to hold on and it's pathetic"

Kennedy was quiet for a few seconds. She went from looking sad to her usual face. "Well, I guess you don't know", she said.

"Know what?", Diamond asked.

"Well about the party Thursday", she said.

"I knew about it, I just didn't go", Diamond said,

"Oh no honey. I'm talking about - ", Kennedy was cut off.

Kendrick came walking back in.

"Diamond can we talk?", he said.

The only reason he came back in was to get Diamond away from Kennedy before she told her what happened at that party.

"She's talking to me", Diamond said.

Diamond was mad at Kendrick for ignoring her these past few games and during the game.

"Yes now either you leave.. unless you wanna stay during the after show", Kennedy said. "Or unless you wanna man up"

Kendrick was silent.

"Okay. Well Kendrick cheated on you at the party", Kennedy said. "With your cousin"

Diamond makes a face and looks at Kendrick.

"You have ever right to be mad at me. But don't be mad at your cousin. This was before she knew who I was and she was scared to tell you", Kendrick said.

"Let's not even wait for the two weeks. We're over now", Diamond said before she walked away.

"Should've maned up", Kennedy said touching her stomach.

"That baby is not mine", Kendrick said.

"Like I said... I put a hole in the condom. This was intended for you", she said.

"Well get rid of it like I said before.", Kendrick said before he walked away.

——————————

Diamond went to her apartment and get her clothes and then she went to her dad's house.

She unlocked the door and called for her dad. "Dad it's me", she said as she shut the door.

She suddenly heard two thuds. She ran to the sound which was in the kitchen and saw him laying there and his head was bleeding.

"Oh my gosh", she said as she took out her phone to call 911.

She felt for his heartbeat and it was no pulse. She put the phone on speaker as she talked to them and did CPR.

————————-

Later that night Diamond found out that her father was dead and wasn't coming back. He started to move away from alcohol and messed with drugs. That of which he overdosed on. Diamond's mind went blank. She couldn't even think straight. She didn't go to classes the next day or the day after that. Friday she kept getting calls from Kendrick but she never answered. She said at her late parents house for those two days. She was so depressed.

———————————

"Man listen. She a grown woman, she probably at her homegirl house or something", Dante said.

"She won't been home at night though", Kendrick said.

"Probably cause she know you gone be there. She's ignoring you right", Dante reminded him.

"But Diamond never misses class bro. She may be late but she never misses class", Kendrick said. "Something is wrong"

"Did you try work?", Dante said.

"...no", he said.

"Well... there you go", he said.

——————————————

That night was the first night Diamond got out the house. She had to work to get stuff done.

"Why you look so down?", Kelly asked.

"My father passed away a couple days ago", Diamond answered.

"Oh my goodness. I'm sorry for your lost. I'm here for you if you need me", Kelly said.

"Thank you", Diamond said.

Diamond and Kelly walked out from the back and into the club. Diamond had to turn her emotions off.

30 minutes later Kendrick walks in spots Diamond on the stage.

Kendrick watches her. He never knew she was so flexible.

Diamond's time on the stage was over and she got back down to the floor. Looking for her prey.

Kendrick walks up to her. "Hey you mind if I get a private dance?", he asked.

Diamond looked at him and didn't say anything.

"Look I'm sorry about what I did. I've been tryna give you space but I haven't seen or heard from you and I got worried", he said.

Diamond was still silent. She started to walk past.

Kendrick got back in front of her.

"What can I do make it up to? I'll never do it again baby I swear. I don't know what I was thinking. I seriously learned my lesson and it won't happen again. I learned my lesson after I did it and I felt terrible", he said. "I wasnt used to being in a relationship"

Diamond's voice started cracking. "I forgive you", she said as she walked away from him.

Kendrick made a face and followed her again. "What's wrong?", he asked.

"My dad.. he died", she said. "I have to plan his funeral and ... Kendrick he died"

"So that's why you havent been in class", he said.

Diamond nods.

"I'm sorry", he said.

"I just need to work. And every second I talk to you. That's decreasing my pockets", she says.

Kendrick nods.

"And I'm not going to stop until I'm ready. Until I graduate. So if you have a problem with that then .. I'm sorry", she said.

Kendrick shakes his head. "Hey.. like I said. Not hearing from you aren't the best days of my life. It's the worst.., so ... do what you gotta do.", he said. "But just like you told me when I got my dance... no touching"

Diamond nods as she walks away.

Kendrick leaves.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.9K 1.9K 38
Azure Johnson is a 20 year old college student, single mother, and stripper by night. After her father, Adam dies her mother, Zaynah, meets and begin...
1.2M 26.8K 54
18+ "Did you fuck him"he said as he leaned against the wall and stomped out his cigarette. "I sure did "I said lying through my teeth just to get a r...
32.2K 1.2K 42
Nicki and her crew are on the move again. Yet this time they are in college and have their own careers and start to have to be on their own. Not ever...
199 1 21
All Brooklyn James wanted was casual sex; nothing more, nothing less. And she got it all three years of her college years. Screwing her way through h...