The Mute

By jayyvon101

Blake is stuck with an abusive father at home and is bullied in high school. She has endured so much trauma t... More

The Mute
chapter two-life goes on
he knows?
Sorry about everything
Here we go...
Here we go...(pt.2)
Everything is so much better....for now
waking up again
Back on Track
late night talks
Some Unexpected Interruptions
Forget About Her
Taking a Chance
UPDATE <3

Baby Steps

559 22 3
By jayyvon101

I sit at the kitchen table staring down at the table, looking at the slight wear on the dark wood, I drum my fingers on the wood listening to the sound my fingers make when they hit the surface. I hear Max coming down the stairs, I count 15 steps. It should have been 16 I guess he jumped down from the second last step. He flips his hair out of his face when he enters the kitchen " Hey Blake, how are you feeling, You look stressed." I shrug my shoulder and look out the window, leaves are falling from the half naked trees. I hear footsteps approaching and a chair move across the floor. My phone vibrates in my pocket and I pull it out. It's from Max, it says "you ok?" I look up and stare at him for a few seconds and I unlock my phone and start to type. I send him a quick text that says "I have been thinking about going back to school but I don't know if I am ready." I wait for him to say something. He says from across the table " You missed a lot of school I am starting to worry you are gonna fall back a year. How about Monday you come to school with me, start getting into the routine again." I shrug my shoulders and slowly nod. It's now or never. I don't know if I can take another day inside all day. He smiles and sends me a text, it says "I am so proud of you" I smile a little. I get up from the table and walk to the fridge I grab leftovers from the middle shelf to heat up for the both of us. I am so grateful to have him in my life and how brave he was to protect me from my father but I feel bad for him always making sure I am ok, I really want to prove to him that I am more then a girl who comes from a broken family and carries a lot of baggage. It's time to move on and start packing light.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 80.7K 36
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
292K 19.8K 19
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
2.5M 2.5K 5
"The Malhotra Brides" is a heart-warming tale that explores the emotional journey of two sisters, Aditi and Pragya, as they navigate their new lives...
3.2M 133K 59
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...