Cross My Heart and Hope to Sp...

By lala2506

Dear Whomever it may apply to, I'm pleased to inform you that you've been accepted into The Trinity Academy... More

Introducing Alexis
Capture the Flag Part 1
Capture the Flag Part 2
Insidiae
The X Team
Waking Up at Midnight
There are worse things I can do
Girls Night Out
Hot & Dangerous
Tightrope
Battle Royale
The Things I Know Now
Fire & Ice
Cabin Fever
Code Red
A Lesson in Seduction
Fireside Chats
Would You Like to Tango?
Everyone is a Suspect
In Case of Invasion: Break Glass
Dress Warfare
Close Encounters
Mission Impossible
Into the Darkness
Secret Identities
Unmasked
On the Ledge
Mission Accomplished

The Academy

602 18 1
By lala2506

To the side is a picture of Ben>>>

A/N Comment/Vote if you like what you read!

*****

 Let me get a few things straight. My name is Alexis Mankoff, I'm seventeen years old, I have an evil twin sister, and I go to Trinity Academy. From the outside looking in, it's just another prep school for the rich and privledged but in reality is a training ground for the next generation of covert operations. In simple terms, it's a school for spies. 

 There are two ways to get accepted by Trinity Academy. One, and the most common way, is your parents are in a high position of power in government so you are sent here to either follow in their footsteps or learn the tools of the trade. Both of my parents attended the academy, so at a young age I was always expected to go here. Our family is sort of a legacy.

And two, you have been selected by the schoo board for exceptionally high IQ's and or superior physical performance. Being selected is rare, but those who are are almost always the highest ranked in their class. 

Seth was selected when I was going into Sophmore year. Naturally, all the girls gravitated towards the hot newcomer-known for his skills in programming and combat. People like Seth are trained to go into the Field. But not everyone at the Academy is a master of combat and weaponry. We have students whose homework is hacking into the Pentagon. And others, like me, who are sent on mini missions into the neighboring town to take down gang members and drug dealers. Students with the brains, are trained for the behind the scenes work of espionage: surveillance, tech, and communications. Students with the fighting skills, are trained to enter CIA programs when they graduate.

Your class rank is the single most important thing. It not only gives you superiority over your class, but determines what division of covert operations you will be sorted into once your graduate. The top 10 of the Senior class are selected as the school's X Team: the most prestigous youth covert group in the nation. It's my goal to one day be a part of it, and follow in the steps of my big brother, Dean. 

Veronica and I have always been...competitive. Whether it was with school or boys, we've always tried to out do the other. Maybe it's because we look exactly the same, so the only way we can get our parent's attention is by being the best. Veronica's always been good at being the "better twin." She has the "cooler" friends, the "perfect" boyfriend and her class rank is two above mine. 

It's already hard having an older brother graduate at the top of his class. But having a twin sister who is pretty much the better version of yourself? 

Let's just say, we don't get along well. 

Trinity Academy has been the only home I've ever known. With my parents constantly moving around, taking on new missions, and leaving the country various times a year, The Academy has basically raised me. We rolled up to the manicured lawns and twenty foot tall gates. I leaned my head against the window of the van, watching students practice their fencing and rifle shooting in the back fields. Ben was waiting for me at the  marble steps that led up to the two story high double door entrance. His brown hair was ruffled messily and he had his hands stuck in the pockets of his school uniform--khaki pants and a collared light blue Lacoste t-shirt. The sun had begun to set, so students were shuffling inside for dinner. I hopped out of the school's Range Rover that doubled as a make-shift school bus for the rare times we went off campus. Veronica and Seth shuffled out after me, too busy obsessing over eachother to say goodbye. "You look like hell." Ben laughed, his green eyes widening as I came into view. 

"Full of compliments, like usual."  I laughed, as he pulled me into a tight hug. Ben's parents are our good family friend so we've known eachother forever. I buried my face into his chest, breathing in his cologne. "They made me wear a cheerleading uniform."

"This is why I chose to stick with computer programming." He sighed. "It'd just be embarassing for the both of us because I'd obviously look way hotter in a mini skirt." I punched him playfully, holding open the main doors to the lobby. High vaulted ceilings, marble floors, and large granite pillars greeted us. A swarovski crystal chandelier hung overhead, as students filed towards the dining commons. "Everyone's been talking about you guys taking down Perez." He told me, pushing the rim of his Rayband glasses up his nose. "The seniors have been saying how you three have almost a guarenteed spot on the X Team for next year." He continued, but I was barely listening. Instead I was focused on Seth and Veronica, laughing over some inside joke as they waited for the dining commons to be opened for dinner. "I always knew you'd be on it." 

"What does she have that I don't?" I asked, completely changing the subject. 

"You're identical twins." Ben replied blandly. He hated talking bad about my sister. The two of them used to be inseperable, after having grown up together. Then Veronica started getting attention from guys, and she started ignoring the both of us. The only time she'll ever allow herself to be seen with Ben is when we're on break. 

"Seth keeps telling me that he's going to break up with her." I sighed. "And telling me....and telling me..."

"Lex, you need to get over that guy. He's a total douchebag. I don't care how much you hate your sister, you shouldn't be hooking up with her boyfriend." He lectured me. "School started three weeks ago and you've already hooked up with five guys. Five guys!" He added for emphasis. "I'm going to have to sign you up for an episode of intervention."

"He's only dating her because he's scared of her." I reminded him. "I mean look at her," I narrowed my eyes at Veronica. "she might as well have the word EVIL plastered over her forehead." I shuddered.

"Says the girl who's the mistress for her sister's boyfriend." He retaliated. "Veronica is bound to find out eventually. She's not an idiot, Lex."

"By the time she finds out Seth and I will already be together, so it won't matter any more." I assured him.

"What's so great about Seth anyways?" He asked, rolling his eyes. "The guy's a tool. He gets his hair gel imported from Germany." 

"You just don't get it." I shook my head at him, staring off in Seth and Veronica's direction. 

"What I don't get is that any guy would be lucky to have you, so why are you wasting your time on someone who already has a girlfriend?"

"Because Veronica took him from me. All she does it take away whatever I want, and it's about time she finally gets to know what it feels like." 

"I'm still here, you still got me." He reminded me. "I might not be as 'exciting' as Seth, but I can make a pretty mean grilled cheese."

"Ben, I love you, but it's not like you can take me to the school dance." 

"Are you seriously talking about that already? The dance is after Winter Break!" He shook his head disapprovingly, laughing at me. "Please tell me you haven't already picked out a dress."

"I'm not a pyschopath." I said dryly. "I've only ordered my shoes." I added quietly.

"Lex!" He scolded me. "You have much more important things to worry about than some guy. It's our Junior year, you're rank at the end of the semester basically determines your future."

"Sorry that I'm trying to have a social life for once. It's not a bad thing to want attention from a guy." I defended myself. "You should try putting yourself out there." I suggested. "When was the last time you stayed out after hours on a weeknight?" 

"Sometimes I wonder why I hang out with you. All you do is bully me and talk about Seth."

"Oh shush, you know you love me." 

"You really should head to the nurse's office." Ben suggested. "Seth isn't going to want anything to do with you if you have a huge bruise under your eye." He teased.

"He's not that shallow." I crossed my arms over my chest. "And stop mother-ing me."

"I'm only trying to look out for you."

"You're right, I'm sorry." I apologized. "So what's going on with you? How's that new project you've been working on?"

"I told you, it's top secret." He shook his head. "Your puppy dog eyes are not going to change my mind."

"But I'm your best friend in the entire world." I pouted my lips. "And I won't stop bugging you unless you tell me."

"Did someone say best friend in the entire world?" Stella Tu, my roomate, swooped in besides us. "Great job on the Perez case, by the way." She added, interlocking her arm with mine. 

"Am I invisible?" Ben asked to particularly no one. 

"Sorry Benny," She smiled. "but I'm going to need to steal Lex from you." 

"I'll talk to you later." Ben waved awkwardly, heading over towards his own roomates. 

"Please tell me all those rumors about Seth rescuing you are true." She squealed, her stick-straight black hair swinging as she talked. Stella chomped obnoxiously on a wad of gum in her mouth. Her bright red lipstick worked well with her winged eye-liner and purple mascara. Where Stella's from, she basically royalty. She has a single-strand of blue dyed hair and bangs that cover her self-proclaimed, "Tyra Banks Forehead". Stella's barely five feet, but her petite figure is what makes her such a great gymnast. We were assigned as roomates freshman year along with Mackenzie Wallflower. For someone so tiny, you'd never believe how much she eats. Stella is an only child, so it's hard for her to adjust to academy life when we come back from summer break. She's used to having a bathroom by herself so she takes hours getting ready, and her clothes are always littered across our dorm. She takes pride in the fact that she knows everything about everyone. She's a profiler, and can read people like a book. That's why we get along so well, because we're both straight forward people in the sense that if we don't like someone we let them know. 

"How are people already spreading rumors?" I asked in disbelief. "We've been back for barely an hour." I paused before adding,"Where's Mackenzie?"

"She said she didn't want to go to dinner." Stella shrugged. "Something about a big exam tomorrow?

I face palmed myself. "I almost forgot, we have Mr. Wolfsheim's 'battle royale' tomorrow morning." Mr. Wolfsheim's the hardest teacher at the Academy, if you can pass his class you have a guarenteed spot on the X Team. He hates everyone, and isn't afraid to show it. Every semester he has a "battle royale" with one of his classes, where students basically fight to the "death". The winners are pretty much legends at school. My brother Dean won his senior year, and his picture is still hanging up in the main gym along with the other victors. As part of field training, everyone is required to take it. First you must pass a written exam in order to be admitted to the battle royale portion. Only about eight of the twenty-four students in his class ever make it that far. The entire school comes into the main gym to watch. I assume it's what it must be like at high school football games; students bring posters and write their favorite competitors name on their chests, while chanting ridiculous cheers that barely make any sense. "Why aren't you taking it?" 

"I'm 'momentarily suspended' according to Dean Figaro." Stella rolled her eyes, pulling her Iphone out of her pocket to update her fashion blog. "I'm out of the Field Training Program for two weeks. Do you realize how much my rank is going to go down because of this?"

"What did you do this time?" 

"Dean Figaro caught me outside the dorms after hours." 

"You got two weeks for that?

"Me being a tad drunk might have also had something to do with it." She admitted. The doors to the dining commons opened. Students poured through them, shoving underclassmen out of their way. Stella gripped me by the hand and dragged me behind her so that we'd get a good table. The dining commons was underneath a circular dome. Plasma screen TV's hung above the mahogony tables, showing a variety of shows and sporting events. My shoes clicked against the marble floors as the chef's helpers ran through the aisles delivering tonight's first course. Stella grabbed a table directly next to where Seth and his roomates usually sit. My eyes wandered to the screen displaying the student ranks. Biting my lip anxiously, I saw that I was still ranked at #11. Not good enough. "Stop working about your rank." Stella caught my eye. She talked in between bites as she scarfed down her qunioa and kale salad. "You still have to tell me all about your mini mission." 

"It sounded like you already knew everything about it." 

"Please tell me you were able to snag a steamy makeout session with Seth." 

"Sorry to disappoint you, but Veronica was there too." As I said that, Seth and his two roomates, Rooney and Clyde sat down at the table besides us. Stella bit her lip to keep from giggling, eagerly awaiting for the next course to be served. 

"Hey ladies." Seth winked at us. Stella swooned. Ben walked past, his head staring down at his feet. 

"Ben why don't you sit with us?" I called after him.

"Does he have to?" Stella groaned in my ear.

"That's okay." Ben assured me, smiling softly. He turned to continue walking when Rooney stuck out his leg, tripping him. Ben fell face first onto the floor, dropping the glass of Pepsi in his hand. The Pepsi poured all over his shirt, and caused something to sizzle in his pocket. Ben pulled out a small mechanical device from his khaki's that had been ruined from the drink. "I've been working on this for weeks." He muttered to himself, gathering to his feet.

"Rooney, what the hell?" I snapped, standing up.

"It's fine, Lex. I'm fine." Ben told me.

"What is your problem?" I raised my voice at Rooney. 

"Lex, I said I'm fine." Ben repeated.

"You better watch out tomorrow." I warned Rooney, sitting back down by Stella.

"Fishman are you that much of a pussy that you need a girl to stand up for you?" He asked Ben, snickering with Seth and Clyde. 

"What did you call him-" I started, but Ben cut me off.

"Let it go, Lex." He practically begged me, rushing off towards the table where his roomates were waiting.

"That was a dick move, Rooney." Stella added, as the waitstaff handed her the second course: chicken riganati with rice. 

"Attention Trinity Students. May I have your attention please." Dean Figaro's voice boomed over the loud speakers.  "I'd like to take a moment to congradulate three of our students for completing their first out of school mini mission." The dining commons broke into applause. Seth stood up, and bowed dramatically causing everyone to laugh. 

"That's my girl!" Stella hollered loudly, standing up on her chair to draw attention to me. I blushed, burying my face in my hands. 

"For tonight's evening activity," Dean Figaro continued, causing everyone to fall silent.

"It better not be something shitty like last night." Stella muttered. "If I have to crawl through the air vents again, I'm going to break my back."

"to continue our yearly tradition, we will be playing capture the flag." Figaro announced. The dining commons broke into cheers.

"Hell. Yes." Stella nodded satisfyingly, continuing to slurp down her rice. 

"Keeping with tradition, the teams will be boys vs. girls."

"I still find that slightly sexist." Stella commented.

"Like usual, Seniors will act as the team captains. All particpants must report to the auditorium at eight o'clock unless you are currently being suspended for whatever reason."

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" Stella shouted in objection. I tugged on her sleeve, and yanked her back into her seat. "That bitch is seriously out to get me."

"It's just a game." I reminded her in an attempt to calm her down.

"It's the biggest game of the fricken year." She complained.

"In honor of a new school year, the victors of tonight's game will be granted a trip into town." Everyone went crazy at that news.

Stella's mouth dropped open. "They've never allowed that before. This is ridiculous, I'm calling my Dad." She pulled out her Iphone and began to type furiously. "I am not letting that old stick up the butt keep me from capture the flag."

My eyes locked on Seth's during all of the commotion, causing my heart to flutter in my chest. He smirked at me, giving me a slight head nod in my direction as if to say, "Game on." I smiled back at him, and threw in a wink.

Game on, pretty boy. Game on. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...
167K 8.4K 38
Figure skater Suraiya karim is a 17 year old hijabi who is in her last year of high school. She despises a certain infamous hockey player playboy nam...
571K 51K 34
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
WHISPERING SHADOWS By ADITI

Mystery / Thriller

1.3K 533 22
In a world where hidden dangers lurk, Her Royal Highness Princess Evangeline Amelia Delacroix, remains blissfully unaware of the imminent threats sur...