She was Love

By FluffBunnyJ

A story about Love More

1
2

3

18 2 2
By FluffBunnyJ

Jade...

When I woke up this morning I was surprised that Chas was still on the phone. When I called her last night I called with the intent to ask her out. She shut me down quick letting me know she had someone so I chose to be her friend. We talked about how she wanted to start a catering company. I let her know I wanted to be a singer.

I found her to be a breath a fresh air. I didn't run into to many women who could talk about conspiracy theories like the earth being flat. Then jump to a conversation about music and some of the best old school songs. She was interesting but I knew that when I first seen her. The thing that caught my attention when I saw her was smile. So when I left the party I ended up stalking her Instagram.

By the way I'm Jade, Jade Hugh's. At the age of 27 I work in a factory but I make music. I have 2 loving mothers and 1 bratty sibling. I didn't always have two mothers of course I have a father but they separated when I was 10 and my sister was 5. Some how my mother found comfort in Whitney Whit for short. So imagine how my dad acted when I came out to say he blamed my mother would down play it. Anyways I was raised in Detroit. Currently in a complicated situation.

After hanging up the phone I had showered and gotten dressed. I was going to breakfast with my best friend not Aj but my other friend Dion. Checking myself out in the mirror I nodded in approval and decided to snap a pic.

"Ok Jade you look good" I said to myself before laughing and walking out.

Putting on my wheat timbs and black bomber I grabbed my keys and made my way to my car. I nodded to the music as I drove I just know Dion better be ready I didn't have all day. I was supposed to be hitting the studio after breakfast. The drive there took me about 15 minutes only because of traffic. When it snows people in Detroit act like they ain't lived here they whole life feels and all of a sudden don't know how to drive.

Pulling up in her drive way I parked my car and got out. I grabbed the spare key from inside the bottom of the porch light and walked in. Dion was sitting on the couch with her dreads hanging fully dressed. She turned giving me a look.

"It gotta be an emergency since you done took it upon yourself to use my spare key" I waved her off

"Whatever let's go I'm hungry" I looked at her shirt

"You go catch a cold Drea know you going out like that" she gave me the nigga please face grabbing her coat and getting up

"I ain't worried besides if I do get sick she go take care of Daddy regardless"

"Ew nigga don't ever call yourself daddy around me" we both laughed as we made it out the door.

"So how you and Ash been" I rolled my eyes hearing her name

We were now on our way to the Hudson Cafe.

"Yo y'all still fighting" she laughed and I smacked my lips

"Whatever girl crazy" she laughed harder

"Shut up that's yo baby" I nodded this was true as much as we fought I never denied my love for the girl

Pulling into the parking lot I should've known it would've been a little crowded bit I didn't mind. This was one of the best breakfast places in Detroit next to Connie and Barbara's. Once I parked me and Dion made our way inside. After waiting to be seated we both picked up our menus and began to look them over. I think I'm going to cheat on my diet today fuck it why not.

"Welcome to Hudson Cafe my name is Josh and I'll be your waiter this beautiful morning can I get you both started with something to drink" I nodded looking over the young man

"I actually know what I want to eat, may I get the red velvet pancakes with hash browns scrambled eggs and sausage with a hot tea with a few lemon wedges and bring some honey please" he wrote everything down and then looked at Dion

"I'll take the Very berry french toast scrambled eggs and sausage with a orange juice" he wrote hers down as well

"I'll take your menus and be back with your drinks shortly" soon he walked away and we began to engage in conversation.

Chas...

"Shay get out my face dancing and let's go before it gets crowded" I looked at Shay who was smiling and dancing to Ella Mai Boo'd up

"I wanna build this love
And everything you want, you ain't gotta ask for
You got me boo'd up, boo'd up
Told you from the jump I'd only choose ya
Got me boo'd up, boo'd up
Grab you by the waist baby, pull you closer" she sang pulling me up and I rolled my eyes to keep from blushing

I was still upset with her but I wasn't turning down food. She came over this morning with flowers. I guess a way of apologising. I'm just glad Jade had hung up I would hate to have any conflict. When she asked me out I turned her down and immediately told her about Shay. Even though we weren't official I knew what I wanted and we agreed to only focus on building us.

She put me back in my chair and continued to dance and sing. I watched laughing at her antics. She bent over in front of me smiling while singing and I couldn't help but smile her smile was everything.

"Smile for me and we can go" she grabbed my hand swinging it as she sung the end of the song and I smirked

She winked at me making me full on smile and so did she.

"Come on babe" she gently pulled at me hand and I stood up

She grabbed my coat first and handed it to me before throwing her hoodie back on. Just as we were about to leave out the door my sister came in. She waved at Shay and gave me a look.

"We'll talk later we going to breakfast want me to bring you back something" she nodded

"Yes please a omelette and hash browns with some bacon would be great" I nodded

"Okay I'll be back later" with that me and Shay walked out the door.

She opened the passenger door for me and then got in on her side soon as I was in. Starting up the car she turned on the heat while I connected my phone to the AUX cord. I ended up playing Queen Naija Butterflies. I hummed lowly as Shay drove. The drive to the place was kind of quiet it almost bothered me. It's always good to sit in silence but let's be real if yo "boo" didn't show up for your b-day party and then you didn't talk to then the next day you would expect them to say something.

Pulling up I smiled seeing we were at one of my favorite places.

"You remembered" she smiled

"Yea besides I got lot to make up for so first breakfast at the expensive Hudson Cafe lets go" she came and opened my door and we walked in the place hand in hand.

"Just a table for 2 today" the hostess asked and Shay responded

"Yes please" the woman nodded and lead us to a table

Soon as we got to our table my mouth almost dropped seeing Jade. She hadn't noticed me yet and I was hoping she didn't see me at all. My prayers went unanswered when she looked up at me and smiled bright.

"Hey Love" Shay gave me a look and I sighed just fucking great.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...