A fighting chance

By klinny

back when Sirius and james were in school, they find out a secret that they werent suppose to know. The story... More

A fighting chance
chapter 3
authors note and preview of chapter 4

chapter 2

314 2 1
By klinny

Chapter 2- The Bracelet.

   Kaylie's POV

"So Peter who where those guys you were talking to on the train?" I asked. Clearly I'm confused right now. The only person I want to hear about would be Sirius. But hey there is no way I'm going to admit that.

"Well first there's Remus. Everyone calls him Lupin. He is really tall for a first year. He has short brown hair and brown eyes. He's really smart and doesn't like to get in trouble but he doesn't care around us. Next is James. He's tall but not as tall as Lupin. James is kinda smart too but uses his smarts for jokes and pranks. He has semi-long black hair and blues eyes blocked by brown rimmed glasses. Lastly is Sirius. He's equal height with James if not taller. Sirius is the same as James with smartness. He's like the bad boy of the group and so far I have yet to see a girl not fall for his long black hair and green eyes." Started Peter. I listened to Peter as we followed the prefect in front of us. We stopped in front of a large painting of a fat lady.

"Tortos" the girl prefect said. The painting opened and we walked into a large room. "Girls to the left and boys to the right. Boys are not aloud in the girl's room and if you try, well no one wants to. Girls are aloud in the boy's dorm but not after curfew. Curfew is 11pm. You can stay in the common room but you can not leave the tower."

"Breakfast starts at 7 and ends at 9. There you will get your schedule. Your schedule will consist a map so that you will know where you classes are if you don't know where you classes are. Professor McGonagall is our head of house and the transfiguration teacher. House points are things that you can gain and lose. You gain them by following the rules and if teacher thinks something you did earned you points. You lose points if you break the rules. At the end of the year the house with the most points will win the house cup. The second cup you can win is the Quidditch cup. Gryffindors team has won for the last ten years." Said the boy. "Now everyone go to bed you need sleep for tomorrow." The prefects left the room going out the portrait room. Lily went up to bed so I sat on the couch in front of the fire and didn't notice Sirius sit down next to me until he spoke.

"So what do you think of Hogwarts?"

"It's ok. What do you really want?" I asked not looking at him.

"Right to the point. Well how are you related to the Malfoy family? I mean how you look nothing like them." He started. I was wondering why he didn't ask the other question but I could tell he had more to ask. Better answer him.

"Well Lucius is my older brother. The reason I don't look like him is because I'm adopted." I said

"Oh that's why I never heard of the Malfoy's having a daughter. Wait are you a pureblood or a half-blood?" He asked. Yep there's the question.

"I'm a pureblood or I wouldn't have a Malfoy as a family member." I said. "I'm going to bed what about you?"

"Ya in a bit. I want to think about somethings."

 "Ok" I walked up the stairs and when I opened the door I had to dodge a pillow. I grabbed the pillow and joined in the pillow fight. When the pillow fight ended, everyone calmed down and we started to talk. I was sharing a room with Lily, Victoria, and Rose. They were all first years like me. There was a third year named Jessica and a Seventh year named Molly. I started to change into my pjs but I noticed something missing from my wrist.

"Where's my bracelet?!" I yelled. Everyone looked at me.

"What do you mean bracelet? You weren't wearing one since the train." Lily said staring at me and pointing at my wrist.

"What! You mean its still on the train?!" I yelled. The head girl came in.

"Why are you yelling? Its 1 in the morning!" The head girl exclaimed. I started crying.

"My bracelets gone." I sobbed.

"What's so important about the bracelet?" asked Molly.

"Well it's a long story. It all started about a year after I was born. I don't know who my birth parents are because I adopted at 1. The only reason anyone knew my name was because I had a bracelet that was engraved with the name Kaylie. There was also a letter say my name. The bracelet has been with me forever." I said crying. Molly came over to me and gave me a hug. The head girl told us to go to bed and that she would talk to the headmaster tomorrow about checking the train. We went to bed soon after.

The next morning we woke up and changed. We walked down to the common room and out the portrait. When we walked into the Great Hall, I ran into Jake. We sat down at the Slytherin table. Molly and the rest sat at the Gryffindor table. Severus went and sat next to Lily but got up and left the Great Hall when Sirius and James walked over. Jake looked at me and I was crying again.

"Why are you crying Kay?" he asked.

"I lost my bracelet. I also hate how they are scaring him enough to make him leave." I said pointing at the two boys trying to talk to Lily. Jake got up and I followed suit. We walked over to Lily and the two boys.

"Can I talk to the two of you please?" he asked. I could tell he was trying to act nice.

"Ya sure. What's up?" asked James as he was standing up.

"This way please." Jake said pointing to the doors. Lily followed us out of the Great Hall but went in the direction Severus went. Jake led us to the courtyard outside of the Great Hall. I was walking next to Jake trying to calm him down well the other two kept laughing about what happened with Severus. We got to the courtyard and Jake turned around. Three things happened at once. Jake pulled out a dagger well pushing me out of the way and stabbed Sirius. He turned to James and sliced him when James tried to take out a dagger himself. Meanwhile I was yelling at Jake to stop. When he sliced James he looked at me.

"Jake we should bring them to the hospital wing." I said walking over as he bent down to clean the dagger.

"Ya your right as always. Hey guess what I found." He said holding up something silver.

"My bracelet! Where did you find it?" I screamed.

"Sirius had it. It fell out of his pocket when I stabbed him. This one (he held up another bracelet.) fell off his arm when I sliced him." He said pointing at James. I ran over to him and gave him a hug.

"Lets get these two to the hospital wing and find Rachel and Peter." I said walking over to James since he was smaller. We brought them to the hospital wing and I noticed someone else there. I recognized her from the sorting and the Gryffindor common room. I think her names Lena Knight.  

"Hey Lena what are you doing here?" I asked as Jake took James to put him on the bed next to Sirius.

"I was jinxed on my way to breakfast, but I was told I could go to classes if I wanted too." She replied as three teachers walked in.

"Well, well it looks like we found the missing students. Madam Pomphrey could you take care of those two on the beds please? I want to talk to these three." Said the lady that I recognized from the sorting. Jake looked at me as I looked at the teachers. Lena just looked scared.

"Don't worry your not in trouble unless you did that to those boys." She pointed at Sirius and James.

"We did miss but Lena had nothing to do with it because she was jinxed early this morning and Kaylie didn't do anything but yell at me to stop and to bring them here." Jake said stepping forward.

"Who jinxed you Lena?" the lady asked. Lena pointed at the door as Severus and Lily walked in.

"He did." She said pointing at Severus. Severus stopped when he saw that she was pointing at him and was next to teachers.

"Professor Slughorn could you take care of him since he is in you house?" she turned to us. "Lena you may go to class. Here is your schedule. You two, I want to see in my office. I'll meet you there after I deal with those two." She handed us a map that started to map out a way to an office. We walked to her office and sat down and waited. We did wait long before the lad and the headmaster walked in. "My name is Professor McGonagall. As you know there are two Gryffindor students in the hospital wing. The headmaster is here because those two students could have died. What we want to know is why. Why did you do it?"

"I did because they were making fun of Severus. I originally didn't want to do that I just wanted to talk to them and find out why they were making fun of him. On the way to where we were going to talk, they kept making fun of him and I just got really mad. Also Sirius had Kaylie's bracelet and it made her cry and I don't like to see her cry." Jake said. He looked like he was going to continue but the headmaster spoke first.

"Why did you not come up to a teacher when you found out that they were making fun of Severus and what is so important about the bracelet?" the headmaster asked. I explained everything starting with the train and skipping over when I talked to Sirius in the common room and the fact that I was adopted. Jake would jump in for parts that I didn't know like the talk in the Slytherin common room and when he talked to Sirius on the train. "Yes the head girl did come up to me earlier about her and some others wanting to check the train for something. When she didn't tell me what they were looking for, I said no. I'm glad you found your bracelet, but I have a felling that your not telling me something." He said looking at me over his half moon glasses.

"No its not all sir. But it's a private matter." Jake and Peter didn't know I was adopted and I didn't want to tell him just yet.

"That's fine. We can talk in my office. I have something I want to tell you too. Professor, will you give him the appropriate punishment please." As we walked out, Jake looked at me weird.    

Continue Reading