HOTLINE | j.hoseok

By hellchyeahZL

"I'm here to answer your calls." In which Jung Hoseok is a very ordinary medical professional by day and a ho... More

disclaimer
01: lip service
02: doctor jung
03: room 507
04: kissing strangers
05: sealed lips
06: silver lining
07: first love
08: the nazi
09: choices
10; late nights
11; most likely to
12; symptoms
13; cinderella
14; what are friends for
15; priorities
16; an angel with no wings
17; forget me not
19; the people in my life
20; let's live
21; introduce me to a good person
22; it's not goodbye yet
22.5; the sound of peace
23; greet me with a smile
24; hopeless romantic
25; everything will be okay
ending note

18; cold spring

5.9K 386 208
By hellchyeahZL

The seasons changed once again and here I am, away from everything I have ever known. In a remote place, was it a the best choice that I could make? Some days it was, when I am grateful waking up to fresh air and warm sunlight and when I miss my mother, my friends that are also like my family, it wasn't.

It's now been a year and I am looking forward to moving back to the city after spending the past year as part of the medical team to promote and honour our hospital's name as Kim Seokjin worded it. It wasn't all that bad though, Taehyung was with me, together with Min Yoongi as our Chief Surgeon.

There were plenty that I learned from him. Before, I didn't want anything to do with him but now, I aspire to be like him. I want to reach his level, to be as great as him, to be respected like him. If I am to dream, I might as well be ambitious.

"Hoseok ah!" Taehyung ran up to me, throwing open the door of our small rooftop room. "Look who's on the phone."

He placed his phone in front of my face and the whole group was there, "Happy Birthday!!"

They all smiled in the video, Namjoon held out the cake while protecting the candles from dying out. Jimin was helping Nanhee, who is due to deliver next month, sit down on a recliner with her legs up. And someon I know very well is talking on loud speaker.

Dear Hoseok. Wait, Am I on?

"Yes, you're on loudspeaker Dr. Kim." Jimin said, his phone close by.

Okay, so where was I? Oh yeah, Dear Hoseok. I am the happiest when I heard that you will be coming back soon. I'm very proud that you've come this far. You know, you are like a son to me.. or a little brother. I'm too young to have a son your age lol.

"Someone shut him up." Namjoon mouthed to Jimin and I laughed. They proceeded to sing me the undying happy birthday song while Seokjin continued to talk on the phone, unsuspecting that no one is listening to him anymore.

Hello? Is someone still listening? Was it cut off?

"Dude make a wish!" Taehyung put his arm around my shoulder happily and then I closed my eyes.

A wish, I thought solemnly to myself. What would a wish for this year?

I wish that I would still be able to find happiness in the little things, just like now. I wish that things don't change because I like the way things are now. I am happy for my friends, happy for new beginnings, happy for their achievements, happy that they are still the same person that befriended me seven years ago. And lastly, I wish that I can be a precious person to someone. I want to make them happy and be able to ask for love and attention as well. I want someone to look at me like I'm the most important person in their life. For once in my life, I want to be the center of someone's life. I want to be selfish.

I opened my eyes once again and was welcomed by my friends. Although Taehyung and I are miles away from them, I could still feel the warm wishes and genuine happiness from them. I miss being around them. I miss my mother, and I certainly haven't stopped thinking about her for the past year.Where could she have gone? How far away did she go? Will she come back? — are the things that I ask myself whenever she crosses my mind. I hope one day I get answers.

"Can I blow out the candles?" Namjoon asked me and I nodded. He took a deep breath and blew out even the icing, earning a scolding from Jimin for making a mess. Namjoon just grinned as he cleaned up after himself, "Anyway, mess aside, Happy Birthday buddy! Hope to see you and Tae soon! We miss you bros!"

"You better get back before I deliver." Nanhee said on the phone, stroking the crown of her pregnant belly, "Jimin is not very good at being positive. He keeps telling me the worst case scenarios in his head."

"What? I'm just worried. I want our baby to be healthy." Jimin defended himself and then putting his hands on his hips. "And also, you reminded me, you should be going on maternity leave now. How can you still be doing rounds like this? Your legs are always swollen. Hoseok please tell her. She doesn't listen to me."

"Ugh, I'm tired of listening to this everyday." Namjoon sighed and covered his ears with both of his palms. "Come back soon so I don't have to hang around these two anymore."

"We'll be back soon. Don't worry." I said with a smile. Taehyung nodded beside me, his chin propped on my shoulder.

"Alright, we have to go. It's time for the general meeting." Namjoon looked at his watch and scratched his head. "I hate meetings. It's so boring in there. It's just Nanhee's father talking all the time."

"Well, he is the newly appointed CEO of this hospital. What do you expect?" Jimin said, shrugging his shoulders. He looked a bit detached whenever Nanhee's family is the subject.

He is still not accepted by her family. Unlike Jungkook, who is down to earth, Nanhee's parents are near to impossible to please, it's like trying to reach the sky with your arms stretched out. No matter how high you get, you can never touch the sky.

After the call, Taehyung and I stayed on the rooftop, drinking the night away when someone, who we never expected to join us, came. Min Yoongi looked small as he wore a hoodie. He stood not too far from us, holding some take out food and a few more drinks.

He stared at us and we stared back at him, not knowing what to do because Min Yoongi never made an attempt to mingle with us before. We are low lives compared to him.

"Uhh, I heard it's your birthday.. happy birthday." He spoke flatly, his is unwavering and it's amazing how someone can be so cold when wishing someone a happy birthday. "Did I interrupt anything? Or were you shit talking me?"

"No, we were not!" Kim Taehyung stood up at once and made him sit on the old camping chair. "You are welcome to join us, Dr. Min."

"Thank you for the birthday wishes." I told him while Tae cleared out the table so we can make space for the food that Min Yoongi brought. I gave him a can of beer and the three of us drank quietly.

"So, you really were shit talking me behind my back." Yoongi spoke again, without emotions, making Taehyung more nervous. "Because you two suddenly became quiet."

"We really weren't." Tae tried to laugh but it just sounded desperate.

I don't get why people are scared of him. He never did anything out of his boundaries. I personally respect him but not fear him. Fear and Respect are two completely different things. People can fear someone but not respect him at all, while you can respect someone and admire them for being who they are.

"Actually, we were talking about Dr. Kim Seokjin." I replied, making Taehyung almost choke on his beer.

Min Yoongi looked at him, patting his back to help him, which surprised Taehyung even more. "Oh yeah, Seokjin, I fucking hate him for putting me here. But at least, you two are here. I, somehow, feel relieved."

I could tell Taehyung was touched by what Yoongi said because he has been the one who stayed with him since the beginning and Min Yoongi is never kind to anyone. This must be the kindest words he has ever spoken in his life and he told those words to us.

"It's really not that bad to live here in this remote town." Yoongi added, slowly consuming his drink.

"I like it here." Taehyung joined in, smiling. "People are nice and they know each other well. Give food to each other and give a hand when someone needs help. It's so nice."

"Yes, this atmosphere is contagious." Yoongi said while looking over the quiet town. The lights are all out and only street lamps glowed and lined the streets. "While staying here, I began to take interest into things that are.. how do I say it.. cute?"

He laughed after confessing to us. We didn't know how to react to it so we just let him talk, "Being nice is really contagious.." Yoongi sighed then became serious again, "I hate being soft. I need to get back to the real world do I can be ruthless again."

"You don't have to be ruthless to be great and respected." Taehyung finally had the guts to spoke to Yoongi. He placed a hand on his chest, face red from drinking, "I respect you."

"Thank you, Taehyung. I respect you too," Min Yoongi's reply made Taehyung feel so happy so much he cried tears of joy. "I really don't say this a lot but you are a talented and hard working guy..Good job."

We were silent again after awhile. Yoongi and I are somewhat alike. We are both quiet persons who like keeping to themselves. The three of us sat there, just watching over the sleepy town, thinking on our own.

"What do you think is waiting for us when we go home?" Taehyung asked out of the blue.

"A lot of things." Yoongi responded. He checked the weather app on his phone and spoke again, "Spring is going to be colder this year."

author's note;

Hoseok along with Namjoon and Yoongi are my top 3 bias wreckers. I just feel like they are ideal boyfriend types. So when HOSEOK said he wants to be a precious person to someone my heart just melted. 🥺🥺

I sincerely hope he finds someone who deserves him and can love him for all that he is.  ♥️♥️

My heart goes out to him and all of BTS.♥️♥️♥️
I want them to be with someone who will make them happy and secure. ♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

378K 21.9K 36
he's a volunteer at suicide hotline, she's a victim of attempting suicide.
21K 726 28
"Oh whatever powerful being is out there, please matchmake me with Jimin." "How foolish.." ==== "Please... someone help me.. I don't.. want to die." ...
2.5K 85 20
A girl gets a wrong number text, from a guy who has no emotions.
118K 5.4K 46
Taehyung: am i talking to a human? unknown: who the hell are you? Taehyung dial a random number and started to chat with them, not knowing how much t...