Fun Girl

By nngozi

Egypt always thought she had her entire life figured out... well that was until she left her hometown and mov... More

Copyright Disclaimer
I
II
III
IV
V
VII
VIII
IX

VI

1K 68 87
By nngozi

Egypt carefully closed the front door of her and Jordan's Toronto Penthouse as quietly as she could. With how silent the home was, she assumed Jordan was asleep and that gave her a sign of relief. It was an hour past midnight and though she hadn't planned on staying out so late, she couldn't help herself. Despite the awkward bathroom encounter she had with Drake, she actually had fun tonight. She interacted with different individuals and even landed a potential networking opportunity. Running into Courtne at the cafe shop was probably the best thing that could have happened to her since the move.

Walking further into the home, Egypt took her time removing the heels on her feet. She held them in her hands, as she tiptoed towards the staircase.

"And where the hell are you coming back from?"

Nearly startled, Egypt glanced forward at the figure that stood at the top of the staircase. A light immediately switched on revealing the eyes that stared directly at her.

"Hey, babe, what are you still doing up-,"

"Oh save it." Jordan folded his arms together. He took a few steps down the stairs, approaching his girlfriend. "I just asked you a question. Where the fuck are you coming back from?"

"The gallery show babe. Remember I told you about it before I left." Egypt softly answered him.

"And you actually expect me to believe that you've been at a gallery show this entire time? Do I look like some dumbass to you?"

"Babe, I did go to the show. I even met a professional photographer that's willing to mentor me. Isn't that amazing?" Egypt smiled. She couldn't hide her excitement.

Jordan rolled his eyes at her. He was so annoyed, and there was no need to hide it. All night he had stayed awake waiting on her return and now that she was back home Egypt was about to hear an earful.

"I don't give a fuck about any photographer right now. What I want to know is where the hell have you been? I'm not gonna ask you again Egypt."

Egypt furrowed her brows, frowning just a little. "Jordan, I just told you where I've been. What more do you want from me?"

"The truth, Egypt. I want the damn truth!"

"Baby, I'm telling you the truth. I have no reason to lie to you."

"And how the fuck am I supposed to believe that?" Jordan raised his voice. "Not only did you come home late as hell, but you smell like fucking alcohol. Which means you've been out here drinking."

"Jordan, last I checked you have my location on your phone. If you were that suspicious of my whereabouts then maybe you should have tracked me down. I went to the show and got a little carried away with the time, but I'm home now." Egypt's tone of voice now matched his. She was becoming frustrated and tired of explaining herself. "And yeah I may have had a drink or two, which I don't think is a crime. In this country, I'm legal to drin-,"

"Egypt just shut the fuck up." Jordan scoffed, interrupting her. "I'm sure you rehearsed that bullshit on the ride back here. You don't even know how to lie."

"For the last time, I'm not lying to you. I've been honest with you the entire time." Egypt dragged out.

"No the fuck you haven't. Just look at you right now." Jordan pointed his finger at her, also causing Egypt to look down at herself as well. "Look at what you're wearing. You look like a cheap-ass prostitute!"

Ouch, Egypt thought to herself. She could feel the venom in Jordan's words, but she couldn't say she was surprised. He's confessed worse to her.

"Okay, Jordan. Are you done now?" She asked him, slightly rolling her eyes.

Jordan continued to stare at her, showcasing all the annoyance he had on his face. He didn't care about how harsh his words may have been towards her. In his mind, she deserved it. He felt disrespected by Egypt's actions and there was absolutely nothing she could say or do that would make him believe she was telling the truth.

He didn't bother to say anything else to her, but rather turned around and headed back up the stairs. Egypt let out a heavy sigh, mentally cursing herself out.

"I should have just stayed my ass at home." She mumbled, stomping up the staircase. All she wanted to do at the moment was take a nice warm shower and get some rest. Her argument with Jordan had placed her in a terrible mood.

Egypt stepped into the bedroom, only to find Jordan sitting at the edge of the bed. She ignored his presence and tossed her heels into her closet.

"I hope you don't think you're sleeping in here tonight," Jordan spoke up with his eyes glued to his phone.

Egypt finally turned to face him, "And what is that supposed to mean?"

"What do you think it means? Since you've refused to tell me the truth, I'm not sure I can share the same bed with you at the moment."

"Jordan, are you fucking serious right now?" Egypt questioned. He couldn't be that upset with her.

"Oh, I'm very serious."

"Okay, now you're just behaving like a child." She frowned.

"I'm behaving like a child? Says the one who lies about their whereabouts." Jordan stood up and stepped towards her. "If you can't keep it real with me then you have no business laying with me."

"I didn't lie about my whereabouts! Why the hell is that so hard for you to believe?"

"Because there's nothing to believe. As a matter of fact, I don't want to talk about this anymore." Jordan huffed, as he removed the black Nike shirt that graced his body. "Do what you gotta do and leave my room."

"So you're actually kicking me out of our bedroom? Where the hell am I supposed to sleep?"

"We have three extra rooms in this house. You can sleep in one of them, and if that option isn't good enough for you then I'm sure the couch downstairs is just as comfortable." Jordan rudely answered. He relaxed onto the bed and pulled the sheets back. "Make sure you close the door on your way out too."

Egypt stood by the dresser and stared at the man she called her boyfriend. She knew Jordan could be immature, but this was beyond immaturity. Now she had begun to regret ever stepping foot out of this house. If she would have stayed home then this conversation wouldn't be happening right now.

Now feeling more defeated than earlier, Egypt moved around the room gathering the things that she needed. She grabbed her silk pajamas, her toothbrush, hygiene products, and bedroom slippers. Right as she was about to walk out of the bedroom, she looked back at Jordan who had now managed to fall asleep. Egypt rolled her eyes and slammed the door shut on her way out.

Egypt stumbled into one of the guest bedrooms and tossed her things onto the bed. What she needed right now was some rest. She walked into the bathroom and flicked the light switch on. A sudden frown plastered across her face the very second she stared into the mirror. Immediately, she began to remove the dress she wore. Right after, she stepped into the shower and leaned her head back as the warm water poured into her skin.

Despite how hard strong she wanted to be, the tears that she had been fighting so hard to hold back finally made their way down her face as she held herself and cried.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Even with how late she went to sleep last night, Egypt still managed to wake up extremely early the following morning. She damn near had to force herself to go to sleep after the emotional moment she had in the shower. Regardless of how hurt she was by Jordan's actions, she woke up with the simplest smile on her face. She figured Jordan was just upset and may have needed his space. She wanted to make amends with him and thought of the perfect apology.

All morning, Egypt had spent an entire hour in the kitchen cooking Jordan's favorite breakfast. The aroma and appearance of the food were so delightful, that Egypt smiled and congratulated herself. There was no way in hell Jordan would still be upset with her after this.

Egypt made a plate together, poured a glass of orange juice, and placed everything onto a tray. She smiled, grabbing the tray with intentions of surprising Jordan with breakfast in bed. Just as she was leaving the kitchen, Jordan was coming down the staircase with his face buried into his phone.

"Good Morning babe." Egypt beamed, as she carefully held onto the tray of food with both hands.

"Sup," Jordan replied. He hadn't bothered to look up from his phone.

"I was actually going to surprise you in bed, but it's okay that you're already up." Egypt continued to smile at him. "I made you breakfast. It's your favorite too."

Jordan huffed and finally looked at her. "I'm not hungry."

"Are you sure? You can't start your day off on an empty stomach, and you know breakfast is the most important meal of the day."

"Well, I'm not in the mood to eat."

Egypt frowned in disappointment, "Oh okay. I guess I'll put it in the microwave for later."

"Whatever," Jordan said, walking around her. He grabbed the keys of his Mercedes Benz G-Class and stuffed them into the pockets of his sweatpants.

"Are you about to leave?"

"Mhm hmm."

"Where?" Egypt asked him.

"Out."

"Out where?"

"The mall." He answered her.

"Well can I go with you?"

Jordan softly closed his eyes and took a deep breath, "Look I don't really wanna be bothered right now, so maybe it's best you stay home."

Feeling the slightest bit of annoyance, Egypt forced a smile and uttered, "Fine. Have fun."

She carried the tray back into the kitchen and forcefully placed it on the marbled countertop. How could Jordan still be mad? Egypt asked herself. Jordan wasn't someone who usually held grudges, so this made Egypt confused. What else should I do?

Egypt walked out of the kitchen, only to find that Jordan had left. She grabbed the television remote and relaxed onto the couch. There was nothing worth watching on T.V., so she settled with reruns of Love and Hip Hop: Atlanta. She absolutely hated this show, but it would have to do for now.

Four episodes later, and Egypt's laughter erupted through the living room. Momma Dee was by far the funniest character on this show, there was no denying that. Egypt was so attentively carried away by the television that she had barely heard the notification sound from her phone. She had received a new text message. Hoping it was Jordan, Egypt quickly unlocked the device.

Courtne
Hey love, didn't hear from you last night. I just wanted to know if you made it in safely. I hope your day's been going amazing. Let me know if you ever wanna hang out sometime. 😘

Egypt read over Courtne's message a few times before she replied back. She appreciated Courtne checking up on her, but she wasn't sure about the two of them hanging out anytime soon. Egypt was still on Jordan's bad side, and she didn't want to dig herself into any more trouble.

If staying home would make Jordan happy, then she was willing to accept that. 

Author's Note: Hey guys, I know I haven't updated in so long and I truly apologize for that. Online school's been kicking my ass, but I'm back now. I hope you enjoy the chapter. Please feel free to like, comment, or even leave feedback below.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.4K 2.5K 25
...Then came love. Join Tori and Jayson as two become one, in the midst of becoming who they were truly meant to be. A tail of love, lust and devoti...
473 22 18
Molly meets her YouTuber crush at a Starbucks when she moves to Canada and later they both become madly in love ❤️
695 5 1
About a girl that ended up with drake will she love him and stay or will she leave and abandon him...
81.6K 1.8K 39
Mahlani is a beautiful young woman, that is very insecure. She comes from two very successful parents in the industry. Born and raised in Toronto and...