My Demon Escorts (Hiei x OC)

By NunchiGoya

Nuni has escaped her old life but her memory has gaps. She's starting over, keeping most of her old life sec... More

New Beginnings and Strangers
Tea with a Demon
Fighting Blind
Missing Pieces
You're not a Threat
Told You So
NightMares
Sleepless
Beauty and The Beast
The Beast
Scare the Nightmares Away
Little Red Riding Hood
The Big Bad Wolf
A Good Nights Rest
Sleeping Beauty
OTP The Power of Fanfiction
He knows, She's Mine
Hold Me
Betrayls
We Were Friends
He is Strong... and I am Weak...
After Math
Someone Else
The Pharaoh
I Don't Swoon... Deja vu?
How Much do you Trust Me?
Flash Backs and Firsts
Little Nuni
Reunions and Jealousy
Failed Again
Fun and Games
Marik's Taunt
Marik's End
Slow and Steady wins the Race
Chapter 34: Stalker Boy
Chapter 35: Obligations over Desires
Chapter 36 pt 1: Mistakes and Making up
Chapter 36 pt 2: It's Spicy
Chapter 37: Picking up the Pieces
Epilogue/Author's Note:

Errands

34 3 0
By NunchiGoya

Hiei and Kurama waited in my car while I went to do a fitting for a woman, I'd need to finish this tonight and drop it off tomorrow before I go.

After the fitting I drove uber eats for awhile and watched Hiei slowly go insane at the mundane tasks. Kurama was no fun, he stayed the same all day, calm collected and patient.

"Are you done yet?" Hiei finally snapped after I made the last delivery.

"Now I have to go home and change and Cam and I are going to the bar and both you guys are coming."

"That annoying human from the gym?" Hiei rolled his eyes. "Yes, Hiei, he shouldn't mess with you anymore, you already took him down."

"Hiei took out one of your friends." Kurama asked confused.

"Cam said something and Hiei responded is all." I waved it off "Cam is always mouthing off to people, most people can't do anything about, Hiei happen to not be a total wimp."

"Both you guys are going to have fun, and hang out like regular people." I tell them.

"What for?" Hiei snapped.

I tapped at the steering wheel and shifted my eyes to Hiei's in the review mirror. "you can tell a lot about a person in different situations."

Hiei smiled "you're gauging us."

"The same way you did with me at the gym when we officially met." I quirk a brow at him. He seems to see me a little differently. Not like he did early, like there was something broken in me, but like maybe there was something in me worth seeing.

The Bar

The music was loud, someone who really couldn't sing was on the mic but they were having fun and the crowd was into it.

"What is the deplorable place?" Hiei grunted.

"shut up and have some fun." Cam slapped him on the back but Hiei didn't even react.

"Yes, Hiei, I'd love to see you sing next." Kurama joked with him.

"oh my god, you guys do make jokes." I punched Kurama's arm and he smiled at me.

"on occasion." Kurama said.

"come on, you'll sing something, right?" I nudge him with my elbow.

"Perhaps after you." Kurama smiles Cam throws an arm over my shoulders.

"wanna do a duet?" he asks.

"maybe later tonight. I push his arm off, and sidestep him, he still doesn't understand my boundries.

"I'll get you a drink." He stops by the bar Kurama and Hiei seem to make a path without doing anything. Hiei's moves were almost in sync with mine, he must have watched me a lot... that's creepy.

"Dance with me Pretty boy." I grab Kurama's hand.

"I'm afraid I'm not much of a dancer." Kurama tried to wave me off but I just stared at him.

"I'm not either and I highly doubt Hiei is gonna do it." I tug on his hand again.

"Your friend-"

"You're observant and smart Kurama, do I need to tell you?"

"I suppose not."

Cam returned with our drinks. I took a swig of my diet coke and handed it to Hiei.

"watch this." I drag Kurama onto the floor."

Neither of us are good dancers but the point isn't dancing, I almost never dance here but I had to see how he would react, what his instincts tell him to do when it comes to doing something he isn't used to doing. He keeps a distant, as always, he even loosens up and laughs with me as we stumble over our own feet.

"Okay, I'm done," I pat his shoulder and we head off the floor. Hiei is ignoring some girl trying to flirt with him and Cam is flirting with a girl at the bar.

"Back off." I snap at the girl "that's my stalker boy." Little did she know I was helping her out. I wasn't sure what was sharper, Hiei's sword or his words.

"You've got two of them, sweetie, why don't you share?" She stumbled forward and nearly threw me off balance with the unexpected weight I shove her back to her feet.

"my pretty boy and My stalker boy." I point to each of them.

"what about me?" Cam chose that moment show up.

"pain in my butt." I answered. I swear I saw Hiei smile. Kurama spared a chuckle.

"Three of them, see girl, you can spare one." She latched onto Hiei again. I tried to control my temper when she grabbed his head and pressed his face into her bossom.

"I like my men short!" She howled

"Get off him!" I shoved her back into the wall. My fist raised and caught in Kurama's hand. Hiei did not need my protection, she wasn't actually going to hurt him, she's just drunk.

"You crazy bitch." She yelled at me, I shook her and shoved her onto the ground, letting my temper get the best of me for just a moment.

"get out of here before I change my mind." I tug on my hand but I know it's only free because Kurama let it go. I grabbed my diet coke and sucked it down.

"Come on." Cam grabbed my arm and dragged me back to the floor,

"boundaries" I snap at him when he reaches to put his hands on me.

"Alright, sheesh." He obliged me though and kept a good distance.

As the night went on and the lights strobed and the music blared and I think I sang a few times and then I got dizzy and Cam disappeared and then some guy was holding me up.

"Hey baby girl." His breath burns my ear.

"Get off." I shoved at him but my arms felt like jelly, my legs didn't want to work.

"should've watched your drink better." He chuckled.

"no," I shoved at him. "stop it." Why does this always happen to me! I screamed inside because even my mouth was failing to form words.

"Hiei!" I tried to call out, maybe he left, maybe he can't hear me. I'm alone.

Help me, please, Hiei, Kurama Panic set in. these hands on me, pulling me along.

Hiei

"What do you think you're doing with her?"

Hiei? Despite the charm on her I can still hear her projected thoughts

"My girl had a little too much to drink." The guy is an absolute bafoon, large and carrying Nuni off with ease. What's her problem, she's falling asleep.

"That is not your girl." I growled. "you disgusting creature, set her down and I won't slit your throat, although nothing is going to save you from a proper beating." I cracked my knuckles.

"This is why humans should be eradicated." I growled. Their own kind and mine they are the evil ones.

"Oh, look at that, you're taking too long." To him I disappear, but I'm moving so slowly it's painful, I slam him into the wall and catch Nuni before she hits the ground.

Kill him My mind screams at me. Kill him

"you're lucky I've made a promise not to kill you weak humans." I slam him into the wall again and toss him into the garbage cans.

"Hiei?" Kurama found me a moment later. "Nuni!" Kurama ran to me, Nuni on my shoulder. "what happened?"

"She was unable to walk and while she was able to call out for me despite your little accessory, which I would have noticed something sooner had you not given her, she was being carried out by this imbecile."

"I think she's been drugged." Kurama pressed his fingers to her wrist. "did anyone go near her drink?"

"How should I know?" I snapped lifting her more firmly into my arms.

"She asked you to watch her drink."

"She was serious?" I didn't think it was a real request, I thought she was just trying to get under my skin again.

"In places like these the men will drop things into unattended drinks and then take their victims while they're inebriated. While they're unable to fight."

"Then Maybe I should just kill this pathetic being after all." I made a move toward him but Kurama grabbed me and pushed me toward her car.

"she needs to be healed, she is small, he could have given her too much."

"Hiei?" Nuni peered up at me.

I didn't answer her, I just followed Kurama.

"don tch mmm."

Her words were hard to understand but her thoughts were loud and clear

DON'T TOUCH ME

I flinched at the volume of her thoughts. I can't even turn it off.

LET GO OF ME

"I'm letting you go." I snapped as I laid her in the back of her car

Don't take me home, my brother will be so mad.

"You foolish girl, what are we supposed to do with you then?" I demand.

Not home, not home.

She repeated again and again.

"What's wrong?" Kurama asked.

"She's talking to me telepathically, she said not to take her home."

"well we should listen to her, if you had watched her drink we wouldn't be in this right now." Kurama gave me that judgmental look of his.

"fine."

Lock me in the car, she instructed, her thoughts were getting weaker and more distant.

"Fine." I back away from the door and Kurama lays a seed in her hand, with his manipulation the plant grows around her.

"This will drain any toxin from your body, you should be okay by morning." Kurama tells her, good, she can hear him.

Nuni was locked safe inside her car and her idiot friend was asleep against her tire. I sat on the roof and dared anyone to get close.

She tried to protect to me the act would have been hilarious had it not been from the look in her eyes. Fear, the smell of it was thick and wafted off of her. Something happened to her, perhaps another night like tonight only no one was there help her. It seems deeper than that though, something else happened. She was terrified.

"She could have been hurt, Hiei." Kurama chastised me. "we promised to protect her, that was your test, watch her soda and you failed."

"I thought it was a joke." I snapped back. "humans are such disgusting, why are we still helping them?"

"We help them for the humans like Nuni not the ones like the man that tried to hurt her." Kurama, always seeing the good.

"I can still kill him, one less vermin to worry about." I scoff at him.

"She may not go with us now."

"So we'll drag her." I shoot back.

"You think this is the best solution?" Kurama countered.

"I think it'll get the job done."

"You are intrigued by her, she doesn't not return your intrigue, if you try to force her I will not help with that and she will make it difficult for you."

"Then what do you suggest?" I demand."

"Apologize in the morning, let her be angry with you and don't try to justify why you failed."

"Please." I scoffed at him "she'll be lucky if I don't throw her over my shoulder and carry her the whole way."

"there is something about her, Hiei, perhaps you wouldn't even be able to."

I tuned him out.

Pfft, Apologize.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.9K 1.7K 53
Yami is finding it difficult being away from everyone and now has returned to being Atem. A few years has passed and Yami finally has a mirror into Y...
15.8K 356 24
Long ago, when the pyramids were still young, the Egyptian Kings played a game of great and terrible power. But these Shadow Games erupted into a war...
25.4K 1K 15
Yami Atem, a once cruel and heartless king, was obsessed with power and therefore, only cared for himself. However, because of his cold heart and sel...
13.9K 209 18
Well, how can I say that. I had rewatched Yu-Gi-Oh, so mainly because of the nostalgia I decided to do my first reader insert G/t story. Also, if any...