Bad Boy Summer

By grraciie_

sequel to bbr. please read that first :) ☆☆☆ hayden jones has been through a lot. a lot more than someone her... More

p r e f a c e ( a g a i n)
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t
t w e n t y n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y o n e
t h i r t y t w o
t h i r t y t h r e e
t h i r t y f o u r
t h i r t y f i v e
t h i r t y s i x
t h i r t y s e v e n
t h i r t y e i g h t
t h i r t y n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y o n e

t w e l v e

206K 6K 38.3K
By grraciie_

"YOU KNOW, I hope Google never goes down." Michael mumbles why eating his bowl of Cheerios. We both sat at the island block, eating our breakfast because we got up the latest. I glance down at him as I pause from taking a bite of my bagel. He glances up at me, "I only know, like, eight things." 

"Well, that's two more thing than me, little man." I scoff as I shake my palm on top of his head. He laughs at me as my mother struts into the kitchen, her long floral beach dress floating behind her. 

"Are we all ready, your majesties?" My mother chuckles as she places her hand on the countertops while standing opposite us. I narrow my eyes in query at Michael. 

"I don't know, what do you say King Michael?" I question as Michael smiles at me. 

"I say we are, Queen Hayden!" Michael announces as I laugh at him, finish the rest of my bagel and hop down from the wooden stool. 

We were all heading out for another day at the beach. It seems that's all that there is to do around here in the summer. I mean, there's a carnival at the pier every friday night but other than that there's not much. I like it. It's boring but its peaceful. 

Michael follows me as we grab our bags and head outside to where everyone was already heading. We divided ourselves amongst the two vehicles and surprise fucking surprise I get put in the same car as Chase. He had asked to drive my mother's car since Emily had texted asking if he could pick her up. 

She texted him specifically. 

I brush the thought out of my brain as I slip into the backseat next to Michael. Levi takes the front passenger seat and after I take over the bluetooth and begin to play my playlist of absolute bops, we were on our way. Emily lived only about a fifteen minute drive away, so before we knew it we were pulling into her driveway with Levi groaning in the passenger seat. 

"Do we have to pick her up?" Levi groans once more as Michael laughs at him, "She's so annoying." 

"Be nice." I swat at his shoulder, "She's my friend, Levi, just give it some time. I mean, I was annoying at the start right and now look at us." 

"That was so much work though!" Levi sighs as he covers his face. Chase just chuckles at him as I notice Emily step out of her house. She skips down towards our car. 

Michael pokes me, "Hey, you guys are matching." 

He was right. Emily was wearing the exact same bikini as I was. It was white, blue and red striped and I had bought it from a cute little boutqieu when I first arrived here. She wore an unbuttoned cotton white shirt overtop and had a straw sunhat on. 

She was waving at us as she walks up with a large bag and deck chair that she was struggling to hold. We watch as Emily walks around the passenger side and I poke my head out of my opened window and smile at her. 

"Hey Em." I greet as she smiles at me more stopping in front of the passenger door. Levi rolls his window down but only slightly so she could only see his eyes. 

"Uh, can I sit in the front Levi?" Emily asks as she nervously plays with her bag. I don't blame her, Levi intimidates everyone. She bites her lip, "I get really bad car sickness." 

"What a shame." Levi states before slowly winding the window back up at an agonizingly slow speed. I roll my eyes at him before poking me head back out the window. 

"Come sit next to me, Em. If you feel sick just let us know and we'll stop." I explain as I open my door for her. I slide into the middle bench as Emily places her stuff on the floor of the car and slides in. 

"Thanks." She smiles as she closes the door behind her. She buckles herself in as she glances at the driver's seat, "Hi Chase." 

"Hey Emily." Chase mumbles before starting the car and drives off towards the beach. 

We make it there easily. And surprise surprise, Emily didn't get car sick. Chase takes a while to find a park so he lets us all out first to go find the others. Emily of course stays with him in the vehicle. 

"I'm so close to lighting her on fire, Hay." Levi mumbles to me as he struggles to carry his stuff and her stuff. I laugh at him as I too struggle to carry mine and Chase's gear. Michael walked between us with his large gucci shades Vera had bought him. I'm pretty sure he's in love with her. "It's like she's begging me too." 

"Calm down, Pyro." I chuckle at him as Michael glances up between us. 

He frowns from the sun glare, "Can I help?" 

"You too, Mikey?" I question as he nods and I roll my eyes, "She's a nice girl, really. You've just got to get to know her." 

"I'm going to vomit." Levi says as he dry gags. I laugh at him as we spot the rest of our group waiting for us in our usual spot. I think everyone's afraid to take it after Vera threatened to wrestle a middle-aged woman to the death after she stole our spot. 

She then promised to do it to the woman's son. 

"Hey, did you invite Hayley?" I question as Levi glances down at me and I smirk at the slight blush that had covered his honey cheeks, "Aww, does someone have a crush?"

"I will kill you." Levi says with a dead face and I crack up laughing. 

Levi and Hayley had been talking ever since the night I had fainted in the restaurant. Hayley was curious as to if I had survived. She said it was because she was worried but more so that she just wanted to see my unconscious body. Her and Levi are so perfect for each other that it's disturbing. 

We all waddle up to where everyone was setting up and join in. Levi dumps all of Emily's things into a pile and doesn't give it a second look. I sit my towel down between Penn and Michaels as Vera plops herself down on her beach chair and begins to lather up her protruding belly. 

 "Is Emily wearing the same bikini as you?" Vera questions as I glance up at her only to follow her gaze pointed somwhere else. When I find the end of her gaze, I see Emily and Chase walking towards us. Emily had her hands wrapped around Chase's bicep and was laughing at something he said. 

"Uh...yeah." I try to brush it off with a laugh that was more awkward than amused, "Great minds think alike I guess." 

"You look much better in it though, my darling." Vera grins down at me and I roll my eyes as I start to reapply my sun lotion. Penn was helping me with my back as Emily and Chase make it to our area. And of course, Emily wedges herself between Chase and Levi even though there was barely enough space. 

Levi looked like he was about to fucking bury her head in the sand.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

For the rest of the day, Emily stuck to Chase like glue. Wherever he went, she went. Even to the damn bathroom at the beach shops. Chase, being the kind-hearted type of guy he is, didn't mind it. He seemed to like Emily and obviously didn't mind her constant chattering. 

After returning back from a swim, we were invited to play a game of beach volleyball with some dudes from the community college. Only Penn, Chase, Emily, Levi and I stayed while all the rest headed back to our spot. Noah, who had just gotten over his sunburnt, wanted to attempt to get a tan again. 

Turns out he just burns then goes back to being his pale ass self. 

I get put on a team with Penn and two of the college dudes, while Chase, Emily and Levi get put with the other guy. Some of their friends sit down into the sand to watch as we set ourselves up on our respected sides. 

We start with the ball and soon enough, we were up by five points. One of the college dudes, Mark hits it up and I jump to spike it. I slam my hand against the ball and send it flying into the right corner. Emily dives to get it but ends up missing and lands face first into the sand. 

"Fuck yeah!" Mark shouts as we high five with both hands before turning it into a quick congratulatory hug. My eyes catch Chase through the black net to see him clenching his jaw before he turns and goes to help Emily off the sand. 

Levi was just standing there, laughing at her sand covered face. 

After Emily's face had been cleared of sand, we went back to playing. Emily begins to get more agressive and more competitive as the game goes on. Maybe she was trying to prove something or maybe she realised how bad she actually was at the sport. 

I'm not being mean, it's true; she should've stuck to swimming. 

We win another point and again I high-five Mark who was standing next to me. Not gonna lie here, he looked extremely good without his shirt on. He was blonde, tall and had abs for fucking days. But I hated that I kept comparing him to Chase. He wasn't as tall and he wasn't as built but he was still handsome nonetheless. 

"You're coming back to college with us." Mark laughs with me as I swat at his arm. I then suddenly feel a sharp pain at the back of my head that has me stumbling over. 

I spin around to face the net, realising I had been hit in the back of the head with the volleyball. Emily is there with the most unapologetic expression on her face while covering her fake gasp. 

"I'm so sorry Hayden!" Emily exclaims as I narrow my eyes on her, "I thought we were starting a new round, I swear." 

"It's fine." I say as I pass her an extremely fake grin before turning and picking up the ball. New round my fucking ass. 

I head to the back of the court as it was my turn to serve and I hit it over the net. I watch as Emily purposely shoves Levi out of the way so she could get the ball and hits it directly back to me. Soon, we were in a passive aggressive game of volleyball while everyone else stood and watch. 

I win a couple points. Emily wins a couple points. 

Mark spikes it up for me and I jump, swing my arm up and hit the ball hard. It rockets towards Emily; too fast for her to react. It hits her square in the face and she falls backwards onto her ass. 

"Oh shit." I hear Mark mumble as Emily holds her nose and I start to see blood trickle between her fingers. 

There was a slight pause in the air before it's quickly filled with Levi's laughter. He doubles over while in a fit of explosive laughing as he points at Emily's bleeding nose. Chase and their other teammate rush to Emily's aid as we all stand there watching. 

"Fuck, I'm sorry Emily." I quickly apologise as I duck under the neat and fall to my knees below her, "I didn't mean to hit it that hard." 

"It was a cheap shot." Their teammate narrows his eyes at me. 

I scoff, "You fucking wish you had the strength." 

"Jones," Chase chides as I glance at him, "Not the time." 

"Let's get you cleaned up." Their teammate explains as both him and Chase help Emily to her feet. He turns to glare at me, "You can stay here." 

I flip my middle finger at him as the two guys carry Emily away, with Levi's uncontrollable laughter in the background. I brush it off and turn to head towards the ocean. 

My feet just touched the water when Levi and Penn appeared next to me, Levi still laughing. 

"That was fucking awesome!" Levi gasps while clapping his hands, "I really hope it's broken." 

I scoff, shaking my head at him, "Levi," 

"What?" He shrugs adorably as I shrug him off and turn to Penn. 

"Let's just go for a swim, ok? Give them time to help Emily out." I explain to them as they nod and we wade further into the water. 

"Fine," Levi sighs as I smile as a thank you for his understanding. Then, "But if her nose isn't broken, i swear to god I'm doing it myself.She gives me a fucking headache just by exisiting." 

I roll my eyes as I jump up, press on his shoulders and dunk him under the water. 

hey guys, sorry i went mia again and freaked you out. 

sometimes life gets too fucking much to handle, especially going into second year of college when you should have everything sorted but it feels like you have less sorted than you did the same time last year. 

anyways, i really hope the next chapter will be up soon as it honestly one of my favourite chapters i have planned. 

anyways, rant to me about how much you hate emily until i post the next one

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.9K 801 20
"this summer... is gonna be our summer!" SAMANTHA FISHER... her best friend and her crush both are siblings are every summer they come to samantha's...
167K 3.4K 45
Kayla Hossler goes to visit her older brother for the summer, but what happens when she falls for one of his friends?
267K 11.9K 27
Riley Miller has always lived an average life. Caring father, amazing friends, relatable social life, and fun personality. Her parents are separated...
52.5M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...