Sign it [Lupin's Daughter]

By TheAmazingMaddy

Madeline Hope Lupin is the daughter of Remus Lupin. Showing absolutly no signs of lycanthropy, you'd think he... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
A/N
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
Sequel

Chapter 9

5.4K 177 134
By TheAmazingMaddy

The next full moon had arrived, and like the last, Maddy spent it with McGonagall. Minnie told the young girl more stories about the Marauders, and like the last time, Maddy held on to every word.

When Maddy packed her few belongings that she had brought to Minnie's the morning after the full moon, to her surprise, and despise for that matter, none other than Severus Snape had come to pick her up.

"Your father had a rough full moon last night." said Snape without a drop of sympathy in his voice, "I will be subbing his third year class this morning." His hands rubbed together as if forming an evil plan, "Come along, Lupin."

Maddy apprehensively followed Snape to her father's classroom. Most of the third years were already there, though Maddy noticed a vacant seat in between Ron and Hermione, which Harry was not occupying. Maddy made her way to the front of the classroom, and sat at the only seat by itself, which students had deduced 'The Little Lupin Lounge' despite being just a regular desk.

"Professor Lupin is feeling too ill today to teach his class. And since he has left no records as to saying what you have done..."

Maddy's hand shot into the air, despite her not actually being a student, and to get Snape's attention, she banged her other hand on the table. I can tell you what we have covered. We've done...

"That is enough, Miss Lupin. I am sure you are well aware that I am unable to understand what you are saying." Maddy's expression dropped rather quickly, she pulled out writing materials from her bag, and began to write down the list of what they had covered so far.

Snape looked ready to continue his rant when the door flung open, and Harry dashed inside, "Sorry I'm late, Professor Lupin, I -" He stopped when he realized that Snape was at the desk, not Remus.

"The lesson began ten minutes ago, Potter, so I think we'll make it ten points from Gryffindor. Sit down."

Maddy looked up from her half written lesson plan to see that Harry hadn't moved from his spot at the door. "Where's Professor Lupin?" He asked. Maddy tensed at the question.

"He says he is feeling too ill to teach today," Snape gave Harry a twisted smile. "I believe I told you to sit down?"

Maddy wasn't too happy with Harry's curiosity at the moment. "What's wrong with him? And why is Maddy here if Professor Lupin isn't?"

Snape's look concerned Maddy. His black eyes were glistening, and Maddy hoped for a good excuse as to why she was there. "Nothing life-threatening," he said at last, but his tone made it seem as if he wished it was. Maddy glared at him as he continued, "Maddy is being watched by me, since Lupin isn't feeling well enough to watch her himself." He glared at Harry, "Five more points from Gryffindor, and if I have to ask you to sit down again, it will be fifty."

Harry reluctantly sat down, and Maddy quickly scribbled down the rest of what the third years had learned.

"As I was saying before Potter and Lupin..." he stopped briefly, as if the two names together gave him a feeling of déjà vu. "Interrupted, Professor Lupin has not left any record of the topics you have covered so far -"

Maddy banged the desk even harder than the first time, causing multiple students to jump. She stood up and walked to Hermione, who she knew would help her and placed the parchment on her desk. She took her pointer finger and made a circle around her ear the symbol for 'aloud', which Maddy hoped that Hermione would pick up.

"Lupin, sit down, or in two years the first thing I'll do when you get sorted is take house points." Maddy didn't move, she only gave Snape her most menacing glare over her shoulder, before turning back to Hermione. She put her finger to her lip, and dropped it in front of her 'say' before repeating 'aloud'.

Hermione looked between the parchment and Maddy, "You want me to read it out loud?" she whispered. Maddy nodded vigorously. "Third years have covered boggarts, Red Caps, kappas, and grindylows," Hermione rattled off quickly, "and the next topic is -"

"Be quiet," Snape said coldly. "I did not ask for information. I was merely commenting on Professor Lupin's lack of organization. And I told you to sit down, Lupin."

Maddy, yet again, ignored him. He knew exactly why Remus wasn't organized today, and he also knew how organized Remus usually was from school. Maddy began to think the only look she knew was a glare and scowl when Snape was in the room.

"He's the best Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher we've ever had," Dean Thomas boldly stated, and Maddy's scowl turned into a bright smile as the rest of the class murmured their assent.

Snape, however, didn't look pleased, "You are easily satisfied. Lupin is hardly over taxing you - I would expect first years to be able to deal with Red Caps and grindylows. Today we shall discuss -"

He flipped to the back of the textbook, "- werewolves," Snape said.

Maddy made one of the few noises she could, a small squeak that lasted no more than a millisecond. Snape could NOT do that to her father.

"But, sir," Hermione said, unable to restrain herself, "we're not supposed to do werewolves yet, we're do to start hinkypunks -" Maddy nodded from her spot next to Hermione's next.

"Miss Granger," Snape's tone was deadly calm, "I was under the impression that I am teaching this lesson, not you..."

He was interrupted by Maddy stamping her foot on the ground. She flipped over the parchment with the course instruction and leaned over to write something quickly on it with Hermione's ink and quill as Snape said, "Miss Lupin!" He spoke louder than Maddy had ever heard him speak. "I have asked you countless times to sit down! If you don't, I will send you immediately, and alert your father of your obscene behavior." Maddy walked straight up to him, and shoved the parchment in his direction. She stood holding her ground, her hands crossed.

Snape looked at the parchment, but didn't read it. Instead looked over Maddy, which wasn't difficult as she reached only up to his shoulder, and stated, "I am telling you all to turn to page 394. All of you! Now! Read while I speak to Miss Lupin!"

The students did just that, and the look of fury that crossed Maddy's face was unmistakable. Snape grabbed her wrist and dragged her to the corner of the room, before finally reading her statement, which he hadn't failed to notice she had written in all capital letters. YOU CAN'T DO THAT! HERMIONE AND I TOLD YOU, THEY ARE ONLY ON HINKYPUNKS! YOU'RE JUST TRYING TO GET THEM TO NOTICE DAD! YOU CAN'T LET SOME STUPID SCHOOL RIVALRY GET IN THE WAY OF TEACHING HIS CLASS! NOT YOUR CLASS! HIS CLASS! DON'T TAKE IT OUT ON STUDENTS, SNIVELLUS! Snape glared at her, and bent down to look her in the eyes. "You're just as rotten as your father, Pettigrew, Black, and Potter were. Get out of my sight, and head to Dumbledore. I trust already know where that is."

Maddy was tempted to punch Snape in his long hooked nose, but resisted instead just signed, Fine! Fine! I don't need greasy overgrown bats like you anyway! Snape was clueless as to what the little girl said, and that was how Maddy wanted it. She stormed out of the classroom, grabbing her bag on the way out, leaving a group of astonished third years in her wake.

■□~□■

When Maddy reached Dumbledore's office, she realized she had a predicament. She knew the password, but wasn't sure whether or not the gargoyle understood BSL. She gave it a try, though, and to her surprise, it worked. She marched into Dumbledore's office, and found him doing paperwork at his desk.

"Madeline Lupin? Aren't you supposed to be with Snape as he is watching your father's class?"

Maddy shrugged, He kicked me out when I wouldn't cooperate. I was trying to tell him that the third years are currently on hinkypunks, but no! They have to be on werewolves now. Dumbledore frowned, "Are you concerned that the students will figure out your father's secrets, because I promise that I'll deny any third years you ask me because of this lesson from Snape."

Maddy looked at him as if he grew two more heads, Aren't you going to do something? She asked.

"Professor Snape is allowed to teach anything related to the subject on that year's curriculum."

Maddy's jaw dropped and her fists clenched. She stomped her foot, and unclenched her fists enough to sign, How is that fair!

Dumbledore stood up, and walked over towards the door, "Sometimes rules aren't fair, Madeline." He glanced over his shoulder, and beckoned her forward, "How about take a walk?" Maddy nodded, and Dumbledore led the fuming girl out of his office.

■□~□■

After walking for a little while, Maddy became certain Dumbledore was just dragging her along to calm her down. She had, for the most part, until they ran into Snape, who was returning to the dungeons.

"Severus!" Dumbledore said, in a cheery tone that did not correspond with Maddy's feelings towards the man in front of them. "Miss Lupin told me that you were teaching werewolves to the third years."

"Yes. The third years couldn't even recognize a werewolf."

That's because they are only on hinkypunks, Maddy told Dumbledore.

"I gave them an essay on the recognition and killing of werewolves." Snape added.

Maddy looked scandalized, her hands flew up to her mouth, and her eyes widened, tears glistening in her light green eyes.

Dumbledore looked expressionless at Snape, "Do you not think the second part might have overdone it, Severus. Miss Lupin looks frightened."

Snape gave Maddy a sneer, "That's just because she's afraid they'll kill her father. Not that I care, anyway. I'm sorry for the abrupt exit, Professor, but I have a class to teach." He turned on his heels, and walked off, leaving Dumbledore and Maddy standing there.

Maddy's fear quickly turned into anger as she looked in the direction Snape walked off to. I'm going to get back at him. She looked up at Dumbledore to see he was examining her. If it's the last thing I do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 166 17
Regulus Black was expecting a daughter before he was killed. Her mother no one knows what happened to her. The daughter herself has been in Azkaban s...
105K 3.1K 22
After the death of her father Anna has changed. She starts to learn about the power Voldemort has told her about. Her powers grow stronger if possibl...
213K 7.9K 41
[BOOK ONE] Loony Lovegood--the girl everyone made fun of. The girl with more to her than what meets the eye. She's different, you know (although I...
171K 6.2K 69
~ Year five ~ Warning: This is the fifth book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, o...